The Liberty Amendments

I received the book today from Amazon.

:)

Mine is on order. Expect it Monday.

Well that was the whole idea sell books, but the idea ain't gonna happen.

Of course not, it’s a naïve, childish fantasy.

And we already have ‘liberty amendments,’ they’re called the Bill of Rights – they and their case law are more than adequate to define and protect the liberty of all Americans.

I received the book today from Amazon.

:)

To a leftist such as yerself? That is the thought...and WHY dolts as yew fail.

See? We had the same dilemma with jackasses as yew in the American Revolution...YEW were properly called foes of liberty.

Why should it change now?

See? We had the same dilemma with jackasses as yew in the American Revolution...YEW were properly called foes of liberty.

"For the framers of the Constitution were the most liberal thinkers of all the ages and the charter they produced out of the liberal revolution of their time has never been and is not now surpassed in liberal thought."
General Douglas MacArthur

Might want to read up on the American Revolution, and while there check out John Locke and the Age of Enlightenment. It was a liberal period and the end result was America.
PS, the foes of liberty were the Tories.

"For the framers of the Constitution were the most liberal thinkers of all the ages and the charter they produced out of the liberal revolution of their time has never been and is not now surpassed in liberal thought."
General Douglas MacArthur

Might want to read up on the American Revolution, and while there check out John Locke and the Age of Enlightenment. It was a liberal period and the end result was America.
PS, the foes of liberty were the Tories.
And MacArthur was addressing the LIBERALS of that time which were the framers. Has ZERO to do with present times and the Liberals of this time that are nothing but Statist Marxists...

TRY AGAIN.

Since the beginning of time, ALL Wars and ALL Revolutions have been about economics.

Every one of them.

As long as we're doing fine, as long as nobody is going without a whole lot, as long as people aren't hungry in the streets..... There's not going to be any problems.

So Mark's proposition is nothing more than mental masturbation.

What WILL provoke an uprising is when an economy falls flat on it face and people start casting blame in one direction.

THAT can turn into a situation.

Right now, I'm thinking that the implementation of the ACA could just push this economy over the cliff.

I'm talking a full-blown economic Depression.

People are tired of obama. Businesses are especially tired of obama.

People are getting their hours caught because of the ACA. All those jobs that the Stuttering Clusterfukk and his toadies are bragging about? They're all part-time, low-paying, service industry, hospitality industry, McDonalds and Walmart jobs.

There aren't any more good manufacturing jobs because the Stuttering Clusterfukk has run them off... To Asia.

They're gone. And he's doing nothing about it because....

Because dimocraps are stupid.

All dimcraps know how to do is complain. They don't know how to build anything, how to create, how to engineer... All they know how to do is to destroy and complain.

If we do go into a full blown depression by the end of 2014 (20% Chance)....

Then look out.

If we don't, then none of it matters as long as people are fat and happy.

Edge is right. It's a lot easier to shoot someone than to try to convince him to change. The problem is getting pissed off enough to shoot him. The other problem is that after you shoot him you still have to do what you wanted him to do.

Here's the deal, and Levin has addressed this beautifully... Whatever is adopted by the convention, then has to be ratified by 3/4 of the states. This pretty much kills any outrageous proposals for special interest amendments and whatnot. Levin says he gets two general arguments against his proposal... 1) That it will be impossible to get 3/4 of the states to ratify... and 2) That we'll end up with all these crazy radical amendments. He contends that BOTH are unlikely to happen, so which one is it?

It's fascinating that the Liberal left is already gunning at this. QW, this exposes you for the liberal fraud you are, because any respectable libertarian would be all for these amendments. It returns power to the states and the people, and dramatically limits the scope and power of the Federal Leviathan libertarians claim to hate so much... but as you've illustrated, you're really a BIG GOVERNMENT kinda guy! You LIKE having a big intrusive Federal Government that can tell the rest of us what to do. You LIKE having an all-powerful Supreme Court who can rule with impunity and force Liberal views on society for generations to come.

You are a LIBERAL who doesn't like being called a liberal, plain and simple.

Was levin a Gary Johnson or Ron Paul supporter, or did he throw his support behind Romney?
Wasn't Ron Paul...he didn't have nice things to say about RON, or his supporters.

He said this regarding voting for Gary Johnson: "Mark Levin’s apoplectic point was, “So what’s the alternative, reelect Obama by voting for Gary Johnson?” I had to turn the volume down on that one." ".

"“I will do everything within my power, as limited as it is, to fight them every damn step of the way and if Ron Paul decides that he is going to go third party, which is detrimental to this nation and pulls a million votes, which is relatively insignificant in the big scheme of things, I will do everything within my power to defeat his son in Kentucky,” Levin promised."

Levin is just another big government authoritarian republican clown no matter what he says and writes, just look at his actions.

LOL, Mark Levin on Iraq:
Mark R. Levin on War on Terror on National Review Online

Below pretty much describes levin:
The Treachery of Mark Levin the anti-American | Peace . Gold . Liberty

No...he isn't...Sorry to dispute you here. He is a Constitutionalist.

What do you think his new book is about? His past books? His Radio show?

It's ALL about getting US back on proper course as the Founders would have it.

Have YOU ever listened to him?

It's obvious you haven't.

He has a FREE site where YOU can download and listen.

LINK <==AUDIO REWIND

Up to 4 weeks of Mark.

He isn't that far apart from Ron Paul as to the Constitution, just takes a different tact.

LINK <==AUDIO REWIND

Up to 4 weeks of Mark.

He isn't that far apart from Ron Paul as to the Constitution, just takes a different tact.

T, you're a smart guy and I respect your intellect though we may disagree on certain issues, I have listened to Levin for years when he aired on a New York station some years ago. They have aired him on our local station here WNIS or WTAR for a few years, i have heard his appearances on hannity's show, so I know this guy pretty well and as my links state above; he has been on the wrong side of the issues for people who truly want Liberty. There's a reason why the likes of hannity call him "the great one", it's because his philosophy is right up sean (if you have nothing to hide why are you worried or what are you worried about?) hannity's alley.

Why would a "conservative" "anti-statist" threaten to try and derail a conservative anti-statist's (Rand Paul) campaign in Kentucky if his conservative anti-statist father was going to run as a Third Party candidate in order to defeat a big government STATIST like Romney? :)

How does someone who supported the DHS (big government expansion), PA(Civil Liberties), Iraq (foreign intervention and NATION BUILDING), etc., etc. trying to get us back on the proper course as the founders would have it?

LINK <==AUDIO REWIND

Up to 4 weeks of Mark.

So we amend the Constitution because some are not comfortable with the changes to the Constitution that has been done over the years.? How do we know the people are also uncomfortable with those changes? And now if we change it with amendments, what is to prevent the Congress, the president and the Court from changing back to what it is today?

LINK <==AUDIO REWIND

Up to 4 weeks of Mark.

So we amend the Constitution because some are not comfortable with the changes to the Constitution that has been done over the years.? How do we know the people are also uncomfortable with those changes? And now if we change it with amendments, what is to prevent the Congress, the president and the Court from changing back to what it is today?

LOL, wouldn't it be easier if the supposed "small government" , "liberty loving" , "anti-statist" levin just convinced himself (first) and his listeners to vote for a Third Party like the Libertarians who advocate all of the above that he claims to advocate and embrace? Instead, the talking putz has attacked, threatened to derail, and talked against voting for the people who embrace the ideals he allegedly supports. Now he writes a book about some far fetched crap that most likely won't happen, when he could put his words to use by advocating the Libertarian Party.

Last edited:
Are delegates to the convention restricted as to the number of amendments they might introduce? To date, over 4000 amendments have been introduced to the Congress.
The present Constitution is a result of a convention that met to revise the Articles and ended up with today's Constitution, and I doubt a new convention will have individuals as they had in 1787.
Today with more democracy and corporations, every vested interest will be involved in the writing of the amendments, and while it would be interesting to watch the convention take place, chances of its happening are indeed slim but it does sell books.

Here's the deal, and Levin has addressed this beautifully... Whatever is adopted by the convention, then has to be ratified by 3/4 of the states. This pretty much kills any outrageous proposals for special interest amendments and whatnot. Levin says he gets two general arguments against his proposal... 1) That it will be impossible to get 3/4 of the states to ratify... and 2) That we'll end up with all these crazy radical amendments. He contends that BOTH are unlikely to happen, so which one is it?

It's fascinating that the Liberal left is already gunning at this. QW, this exposes you for the liberal fraud you are, because any respectable libertarian would be all for these amendments. It returns power to the states and the people, and dramatically limits the scope and power of the Federal Leviathan libertarians claim to hate so much... but as you've illustrated, you're really a BIG GOVERNMENT kinda guy! You LIKE having a big intrusive Federal Government that can tell the rest of us what to do. You LIKE having an all-powerful Supreme Court who can rule with impunity and force Liberal views on society for generations to come.

I love being called a liberal. I have been a liberal all my life and have no intention of changing. I believe in using the government not only for the benefit of corporations and business, but also for the people.
The Supreme Court I'm not so wild about, I mean five conservatives and the Court's questionable takeover of interpreting and applying the Constitution, when that power was not in the Constitution.

aka If it where 5 Liberal Judges you'd be a happy camper...............

Only if you agree with them do you like them. You don't get your way and only your way then they are BS.

I was ticked when they didn't gun down Obamacare.

5 conservatives but 1 went over to your side. Now we have the incredible mess of Obamacare.

Now you Liberals claim that you believe in the Rights of the Citizens, yet you obviously have no problem when EVERY AMERICAN IS REQUIRED TO PUT THEIR MEDICAL RECORDS IN A FEDERAL DATA BASE.

That is private information only to share between you and your doctor. Now the Feds are privy to your PERSONAL INFORMATION. Obama and the Dems did that and not a FING THING OUT OF YOUR SIDE.

Spare me Lib.

LINK <==AUDIO REWIND

Up to 4 weeks of Mark.

That some are not ‘comfortable’ with current Constitutional case law is an indication that the Constitution and its case law are indeed working as intended; if some on the right are uncomfortable because the can’t violate the rights of gays, immigrants, or women then we know our civil liberties are safeguarded against similar attacks from conservatives.

LINK <==AUDIO REWIND

Up to 4 weeks of Mark.

That some are not ‘comfortable’ with current Constitutional case law is an indication that the Constitution and its case law are indeed working as intended; if some on the right are uncomfortable because the can’t violate the rights of gays, immigrants, or women then we know our civil liberties are safeguarded against similar attacks from conservatives.

How come you didn't mention the efforts of Obama to restrict free speech?

LINK <==AUDIO REWIND

Up to 4 weeks of Mark.

What a load of the usual BS............

A Liberal again stating we want to Violate others rights because we want to propose Amendments to put Term Limits on Congress so we no longer have CAREER POLITICIANS and it's ABOUT ATTACKING GAYS, IMMIGRANTS, OR WOMEN.

Standard Liberal Pravda to push Class Warfare.

Oh my Fucking God. We want to BALANCE THE BUDGET and stop destroying the economic Future of our Children. HOW DARE WE WANT THAT?

You are a FING Liberal loser. The right person pushes this issue and your damned skippy I'll vote for these things. The only question is will there be enough states who agree to outweigh losers like you.

Again. The founders put this into the Constitution so if the Fed gets out of hand the people have an option to put them back in their place. Which is what Mark is talking about.

Are delegates to the convention restricted as to the number of amendments they might introduce? To date, over 4000 amendments have been introduced to the Congress.
The present Constitution is a result of a convention that met to revise the Articles and ended up with today's Constitution, and I doubt a new convention will have individuals as they had in 1787.
Today with more democracy and corporations, every vested interest will be involved in the writing of the amendments, and while it would be interesting to watch the convention take place, chances of its happening are indeed slim but it does sell books.

I love being called a liberal. I have been a liberal all my life and have no intention of changing. I believe in using the government not only for the benefit of corporations and business, but also for the people.
The Supreme Court I'm not so wild about, I mean five conservatives and the Court's questionable takeover of interpreting and applying the Constitution, when that power was not in the Constitution.

Actually the interpretive authority of the courts as sanctioned by the doctrine of judicial review predated the Constitution; it was long-established and accepted practice well before the advent of the Founding Document:

The generation that framed the Constitution presumed that courts would declare void legislation that was repugnant or contrary to the Constitution. They held this presumption because of colonial American practice. By the early seventeenth century, English law subjected the by-laws of corporations to the requirement that they not be repugnant to the laws of the nation. The early English settlements in Virginia and Massachusetts were originally corporations and so these settlements were bound by the principle that colonial legislation could not be repugnant to the laws of England. Under this standard, colonial lawyers appealed approximately 250 cases from colonial courts to the English Privy Council, and the Crown reviewed over 8500 colonial acts.

After the American Revolution, this practice continued. State court judges voided state legislation inconsistent with their respective state constitutions. The Framers of the Constitution similarly presumed that judges would void legislation repugnant to the United States Constitution. Although a few Framers worried about the power, they expected it would exist. As James Madison stated, “A law violating a constitution established by the people themselves, would be considered by the Judges as null & void.” In fact, the word “Constitution” in the Supremacy Clause and the clause describing the Supreme Court’s jurisdiction appeared to give textual authorization for judicial enforcement of constitutional constraints on state and federal legislation. Indeed, before Marbury, Justice Chase observed that although the Court had never adjudicated whether the judiciary had the authority to declare laws contrary to the Constitution void, this authority was acknowledged by general opinion, the entire Supreme Court bar, and some of the Supreme Court Justices.

By 1803, as Chief Justice Marshall acknowledged in Marbury, “long and well established” principles answered “the question, whether an act, repugnant to the constitution, can become the law of the land.” Marshall concluded that “a law repugnant to the constitution is void; and that courts . . . are bound by that instrument.” As such, contrary to the traditional account of Marbury, Marshall’s decision did not conjure judicial review out of thin air, but rather affirmed the well-established and long-practiced idea of limited legislative authority in the new context of the federal republic of the United States. In doing so, Marshall recommitted American constitutional law to a practice over four centuries old.

The Yale Law Journal Online - Why We Have Judicial Review

A Liberal again stating we want to Violate others rights because we want to propose Amendments to put Term Limits on Congress so we no longer have CAREER POLITICIANS and it's ABOUT ATTACKING GAYS, IMMIGRANTS, OR WOMEN.

Oh my Fucking God. We want to BALANCE THE BUDGET and stop destroying the economic Future of our Children. HOW DARE WE WANT THAT?

You are a FING Liberal loser. The right person pushes this issue and your damned skippy I'll vote for these things. The only question is will there be enough states who agree to outweigh losers like you.

Again. The founders put this into the Constitution so if the Fed gets out of hand the people have an option to put them back in their place. Which is what Mark is talking about.

Nonsense.

You can balance the budget absent an ‘amendment.’ And if you seek to balance the budget on the backs of the poor, elderly, disabled, and working Americans, expect appropriate and justified opposition.

Otherwise, it’s not ‘class warfare’ to point out the fact that conservatives, for the most part, are hostile to change, diversity, and dissent – consequently they seek to deny gays their equal protection rights with regard to marriage, deny immigrants their due process rights, and women their privacy rights with regard to abortion.

The Constitution and its case law not only protect the rights of minorities and adversely effected classes of citizens, but the rights of all Americans to be free from the arrogance and tyranny of the majority.

The Constitution also prohibits the states from acting in an manner offensive to the Founding document, not just the Federal government.

And all the people are citizens of a single Nation, with a single National government, they are not only residents of a given state:

There can be no doubt, if we are to respect the republican origins of the Nation and preserve its federal character, that there exists a federal right of citizenship, a relationship between the people of the Nation and their National Government, with which the States may not interfere.

U.S. Term Limits, Inc. v. Thornton, 514 U.S. 779 (1995).

Nonsense.

You can balance the budget absent an ‘amendment.’ And if you seek to balance the budget on the backs of the poor, elderly, disabled, and working Americans, expect appropriate and justified opposition.

Otherwise, it’s not ‘class warfare’ to point out the fact that conservatives, for the most part, are hostile to change, diversity, and dissent – consequently they seek to deny gays their equal protection rights with regard to marriage, deny immigrants their due process rights, and women their privacy rights with regard to abortion.

The Constitution and its case law not only protect the rights of minorities and adversely effected classes of citizens, but the rights of all Americans to be free from the arrogance and tyranny of the majority.

The Constitution also prohibits the states from acting in an manner offensive to the Founding document, not just the Federal government.

And all the people are citizens of a single Nation, with a single National government, they are not only residents of a given state:

There can be no doubt, if we are to respect the republican origins of the Nation and preserve its federal character, that there exists a federal right of citizenship, a relationship between the people of the Nation and their National Government, with which the States may not interfere.

U.S. Term Limits, Inc. v. Thornton, 514 U.S. 779 (1995).

1. You can balance the budget without an Amendment. True. So why hasn't it been done? We will be roughly 20 Trillion in Debt when Obama leaves office. That's real good news isn't it. Oh I'm sorry the Righteous Liberals and Obama had nothing to do with it.

2. Hostile to change and diversity. You bet ya. The change we can believe in? Obamacare and our Medical Records in a fed data base? You bet ya. Increased Gov't as a result? You bet ya I'm against it. We already can't pay the bills so you add to it. That's INSANITY. And I disagree with the Gay issue also. Which is still my right to do so in this country. As I believe it is Morally wrong to aprove of it. Late term abortion. You bet ya. If a women can't make up their mind by the 20th week then they are stupid. I don't believe in Late term abortion. I could post the videos of it again, but quite frankly it makes me sick. Obviously you don't give a chit about that.

Which has been turned upside down in the push for minority rights. aka.......Don't dare put a Nativity scene in a park at Christmas it might OFFEND an atheist.......But a Nudist or Gay Rally in the same park...Well that's Ok because it's not Religious to you WACKED LIBS. Excuse me but I'M OFFENDED that they can do this chit in the park but you would raise hell for a Christian nativity Scene in the same park. Even with a permit.

Then you say the MAJORITY is causing Tyranny against those? BS. The Tyranny has been reversed when our BELIEVES are ATTACKED and abused for the BENEFIT OF THE FEW.

4. Back to the Balanced Budget issue. I've been pushing for a Flat Tax at 15% and people like you accuse me of attacking the poor by doing so, as an equal tax on everyone isn't fair to a Lib.

Is that your postition? To anyone you consider rich do you want HALF OF IT to distribute as YOU SEE FIT?

I believe in FAIR AND UNIFORM TAXATION accross the board. No BS, just straight up. Yet Libs yell and scream at the mention of it. Are you one of those, or am I reading you wrong?

BTW. Since many libs think it's a waste of time to try this, then why are they worried about it all. It would take 75% of the states to pass an Amendment. So it's a very tough deal.

So why the negatives on it. If it fails it fails. Yet if it passes, would you be screaming bloody murder even if 75% of the states approved it.

Isn't this country about the WILL OF THE PEOPLE?

If one passes by that margin, then wouldn't that be what this country is supposed to be about?

Forum List

Back