The modern woman has a career and children, all without the help of any man...

I must have missed it although I did search the document you cited for the word murder. Please post where I missed the statistic you stated.

In your source is an alarming statistic which you missed.

"Between 1960 and 2016, the percentage of children living in families with two parents decreased from 88 to 69. Of those 50.7 million children living in families with two parents, 47.7 million live with two married parents and 3.0 million live with two unmarried parents.

During the 1960-2016 period, the percentage of children living with only their mother nearly tripled from 8 to 23 percent and the percentage of children living with only their father increased from 1 to 4 percent. The percentage of children not living with any parent increased slightly from 3 to 4 percent."

The Majority of Children Live With Two Parents, Census Bureau Reports

You are going to need to start at the beginning of that conversation, Markle.

Soooo...your post makes no sense. Thank you.

We want a man, not pajama boy.
That’s the spirit Diva! I mentioned in a previous post about my time in Southern California in the Marines.
I do prefer military men. I met my BF at a Patrick AFB Christmas party.

Here's some free advice for you men: We don't like to make decisions. Be the man and make the decision.

Example:

DO: "Let's go to that Mexican restaurant for dinner."

DON'T: "Where do you want to go for dinner?"

Maybe.

Good times is vastly different from the Good Old Days. There were no good old days.

Sure there were. Good times are not vastly different from Good Old Days.

What is your point in fighting against the idea of the 50s as a time of "Good old days"?

It's operating from a place of nostalgia and does not accurately represent the time period.

Except the experience of the people in that time period, was that it was a very good time.

For some. Not for others. The Gilded Age provided people that had experienced a very good time as well.

No time is a utopia. But refusing to acknowledge that there have been periods when people have had good times in the past, I am not seeing a benefit.

IMO, if someone references a time of past glory, then the next question should be, what made it good and what can we learn from that.

What, in your mind, is wrong with that idea?

Doesn't that depend on what you are trying to recreate? The Beat Generation?

Duck and cover? The anxiety of the cold war? The pretense that nothing is awry like..........substance abuse?

It's nostalgic. At issue is it would be based on emotion.

,,,the modern man remains boy-like, perpetually playing video games and hopping from woman to woman but never settling down.

This is the world liberal Democrats have created.
:rolleyes:

There were no good old days.

What is better today?

The rate of poverty?

The quality of education? The level of literacy?

The rate of incarceration?

Yes, health care is far superior to fifty or sixty years ago.

Central heat and air, methods of communication, the incorporation of many rights that were not available. Job opportunities that were denied due to race, gender and class. Science, space exploration, etc.

in the 1950s we were the nation, that when confronted with Spunik, would motivate and mobilize and within a decade put a Man on the Moon.

IMO, we could not do that today. We are too disunited, too broke, too lacking in the confidence needed to even think that we SHOULD do something like that.

I think we can do that today. In fact, we should do that today.

Right now the tail is wagging the dog. We need to change that. We are perfectly capable of sticking to the issues rather than engaging in demonizing someone else.

I must have missed it although I did search the document you cited for the word murder. Please post where I missed the statistic you stated.

In your source is an alarming statistic which you missed.

"Between 1960 and 2016, the percentage of children living in families with two parents decreased from 88 to 69. Of those 50.7 million children living in families with two parents, 47.7 million live with two married parents and 3.0 million live with two unmarried parents.

During the 1960-2016 period, the percentage of children living with only their mother nearly tripled from 8 to 23 percent and the percentage of children living with only their father increased from 1 to 4 percent. The percentage of children not living with any parent increased slightly from 3 to 4 percent."

The Majority of Children Live With Two Parents, Census Bureau Reports

You are going to need to start at the beginning of that conversation, Markle.

Soooo...your post makes no sense. Thank you.

Only because you didn't start at the beginning of the convo, Markle. Even though there was an increase in single parent households there was a decrease in homicides. Try again.

Sure there were. Good times are not vastly different from Good Old Days.

What is your point in fighting against the idea of the 50s as a time of "Good old days"?

It's operating from a place of nostalgia and does not accurately represent the time period.

Except the experience of the people in that time period, was that it was a very good time.

For some. Not for others. The Gilded Age provided people that had experienced a very good time as well.

No time is a utopia. But refusing to acknowledge that there have been periods when people have had good times in the past, I am not seeing a benefit.

IMO, if someone references a time of past glory, then the next question should be, what made it good and what can we learn from that.

Duck and cover? The anxiety of the cold war? The pretense that nothing is awry like..........substance abuse?

Emotions are part of all nearly all human decisions. Saying, that is like complaining that your opponent breaths oxygen.

How about the feeling of unity of the time? Would that be problematic for you, if someone wanted to recreate it?

Emotions are part of all nearly all human decisions. Saying, that is like complaining that your opponent breaths oxygen.

How about the feeling of unity of the time? Would that be problematic for you, if someone wanted to recreate it?
How? By utilizing an outside threat?

1 in 4 women experience abuse. It isn't just the left who created this situation.

I question your statistic.

I could as easily say that 1 in 4 women are abusive, and just as easily defend it with tales of children beaten and left alone.

But neither figure is truthful in a meaningful way.
1 in 4 girls are sexually abused in this country before they reach 18.....most by hetero male family members and friends. These are "men"?
That's a lie!
https://www.nsvrc.org/sites/default...packet_statistics-about-sexual-violence_0.pdf

,,,the modern man remains boy-like, perpetually playing video games and hopping from woman to woman but never settling down.

Are you claiming that the Republicans are the party of morality and family values?
Really?!!!
I am with you. Lets remove every government penny to pay for any sexual disease of any type. We will save a lot of money nationally and the people who have those diseases will be a reminder to living with no morality and family values. They will pay for their own medicine and treatments. Everyone wins!

I do not agree because people acquire these diseases and then bring them home, so decent, proper people get them from a spouse who has been loose, as has happened in India.

Seems unlikely. We have that now and are at very disunited.

But regardless of how, Would that be problematic for you?

Are you claiming that the Republicans are the party of morality and family values?
Really?!!!
I am with you. Lets remove every government penny to pay for any sexual disease of any type. We will save a lot of money nationally and the people who have those diseases will be a reminder to living with no morality and family values. They will pay for their own medicine and treatments. Everyone wins!
Never happen...the current occupant of the WH is a casualty in the war against STDs.

1 in 4 women experience abuse. It isn't just the left who created this situation.

I could as easily say that 1 in 4 women are abusive, and just as easily defend it with tales of children beaten and left alone.

1 in 4 girls are sexually abused in this country before they reach 18.....most by hetero male family members and friends. These are "men"?
That's a lie!
https://www.nsvrc.org/sites/default...packet_statistics-about-sexual-violence_0.pdf
I do not believe any Prog derived stat packages. I listened to about ten minutes of a program on radio while driving for supplies. The guest was talking about domestic violence. We live off of laws passed in the early 1970's i which Biden had a hand in. Women initiate much of the issue today. Both can get arrested but men ares till the ones who end up in a greater percentage. Men also do not admit women are hostile also. What part of what you see with extreme feminism and extreme gay agendas dominating do you not understand that hetero males have been emasculated? Do watching the extreme feminist protests after the 2016 election and the Kavanaugh process not come into view? Mother nature always turns a screw when things happen. Me. I do not care what happens as long as it is not the ones close to me. My lessons were learned about the power fiefdoms around the millenium. And somehow, somewhere one or more of these people driven insane will get their hands on a WMD and detonate it. Cause and affect. Resetting the insanity of people in an insane world to sanity in an insane world.

That's a lie!
I do not believe any Prog derived stat packages. I listened to about ten minutes of a program on radio while driving for supplies. The guest was talking about domestic violence. We live off of laws passed in the early 1970's i which Biden had a hand in. Women initiate much of the issue today. Both can get arrested but men ares till the ones who end up in a greater percentage. Men also do not admit women are hostile also. What part of what you see with extreme feminism and extreme gay agendas dominating do you not understand that hetero males have been emasculated? Do watching the extreme feminist protests after the 2016 election and the Kavanaugh process not come into view? Mother nature always turns a screw when things happen. Me. I do not care what happens as long as it is not the ones close to me. My lessons were learned about the power fiefdoms around the millenium. And somehow, somewhere one or more of these people driven insane will get their hands on a WMD and detonate it. Cause and affect. Resetting the insanity of people in an insane world to sanity in an insane world.
Child Sexual Abuse Statistics

http://www.ncdsv.org/images/sexualassaultstatistics.pdf

1 of 6 boys, 1 of 4 girls, sexually abused

Sexual Child Abuse - American SPCC

12 Confronting Statistics on Child Sexual Abuse

And so on and so forth.....

Really?!!!

I do not agree because people acquire these diseases and then bring them home, so decent, proper people get them from a spouse who has been loose, as has happened in India.
Casualties of war. This could have been dealt with in the 1970's and 1980's. Now the door is open. These sexual disease are not plateauing. The increases are just that and the costs are quickly rising. I twll you. At some point there will be a reduction of medicine and treatment in this avenue of health care. And most likely there will be tattoos or something similar for all to see put on people as a warning to stay clear. With social justice comes responsibility. Unfortunatley irresposnible ways have dominated. Soon enough like the Fram oil filter commercials from decades ago "Either pay me now or pay me later". Well the later is and has arrived while we watch a plague expand and fear the repercussions of accusations for the cure.

The fundie phoney "Christians" seem to have a preoccupation with sex in all of its forms, heterosexuality, homosexuality. When are you idiots just going to get over it and shut up? Sex has been around for millennia. Go home, do what you will, actually talk to the person in your bed, and shut the hell up.

The fundie phoney "Christians" seem to have a preoccupation with sex in all of its forms, heterosexuality, homosexuality. When are you idiots just going to get over it and shut up? Sex has been around for millennia. Go home, do what you will, actually talk to the person in your bed, and shut the hell up.

What are you raving about?

!lol on the bright side. More and more women not marrying not having kids means less unintended pregnancies, less maternal leave, and less kids who require welfare. It's a winning scenario all the way around for the country.

Seems unlikely. We have that now and are at very disunited.

But regardless of how, Would that be problematic for you?

I was going to say we have China, Russia and an arms race. Fear of communism. That isn't it.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...ith-cia/6bfe35c1-de9f-499f-b948-64ea5713517b/
That clearly isn't it. White washing history?

It isn't unity that I object to.

Forum List

Back