The modern woman has a career and children, all without the help of any man...

The fundie phoney "Christians" seem to have a preoccupation with sex in all of its forms, heterosexuality, homosexuality. When are you idiots just going to get over it and shut up? Sex has been around for millennia. Go home, do what you will, actually talk to the person in your bed, and shut the hell up.
You got rid of most of them. You killed God in the earlry 1970's. Most of the real Christians are not even in large denomination churches anymore. Study your enemy for gaia's sake.

No time is a utopia. But refusing to acknowledge that there have been periods when people have had good times in the past, I am not seeing a benefit.

IMO, if someone references a time of past glory, then the next question should be, what made it good and what can we learn from that.

What, in your mind, is wrong with that idea?

Doesn't that depend on what you are trying to recreate? The Beat Generation?

Duck and cover? The anxiety of the cold war? The pretense that nothing is awry like..........substance abuse?

It's nostalgic. At issue is it would be based on emotion.

Emotions are part of all nearly all human decisions. Saying, that is like complaining that your opponent breaths oxygen.

How about the feeling of unity of the time? Would that be problematic for you, if someone wanted to recreate it?
How? By utilizing an outside threat?

Seems unlikely. We have that now and are at very disunited.

But regardless of how, Would that be problematic for you?

I was going to say we have China, Russia and an arms race. Fear of communism. That isn't it.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...ith-cia/6bfe35c1-de9f-499f-b948-64ea5713517b/
That clearly isn't it. White washing history?

It isn't unity that I object to.

So, what do you object to?

Duck and cover? The anxiety of the cold war? The pretense that nothing is awry like..........substance abuse?

Emotions are part of all nearly all human decisions. Saying, that is like complaining that your opponent breaths oxygen.

How about the feeling of unity of the time? Would that be problematic for you, if someone wanted to recreate it?

I was going to say we have China, Russia and an arms race. Fear of communism. That isn't it.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...ith-cia/6bfe35c1-de9f-499f-b948-64ea5713517b/

Nothing yet. The devil is in the details.

Yet, you were objecting right off the bat. You are assuming a problem to come. But you won't say or dont' know why.

It is ok to not know your motivations. INdeed, most people don't.

Yet, you were objecting right off the bat. You are assuming a problem to come. But you won't say or dont' know why.

It's called trust, Correll. Blind trust. I don't have any.. That's why.

The fundie phoney "Christians" seem to have a preoccupation with sex in all of its forms, heterosexuality, homosexuality. When are you idiots just going to get over it and shut up? Sex has been around for millennia. Go home, do what you will, actually talk to the person in your bed, and shut the hell up.
You got rid of most of them. You killed God in the earlry 1970's. Most of the real Christians are not even in large denomination churches anymore. Study your enemy for gaia's sake.
What are you talking about? The concept of a Supreme Being/Creator never went anywhere.

Your god is killable?

What are you talking about? The concept of a Supreme Being/Creator never went anywhere.
He left in the early 1970's. The changeover I call it. The concept is there. The amount of people with belief is not. Belief has always been to degree. Today there are many more people with belief that is on the bottom end of degree. Most northern cities had Catholic Schools which were at least half the students in many of of them. Many churches with more schools have closed in many of those cities. People no matter their financial situation would give some money to the church. Which helped to run the schools and helped to give the children an education. Working class peasants doing this.

Feeling a need to poo poo someone who is just making a reference to the 50s as an ear of "good old days",

is more than not having "blind trust".

Do you consider yourself a Patriot?

Feeling a need to poo poo someone who is just making a reference to the 50s as an ear of "good old days",

Pretending all of the poo poo is at the feet of one political party and harkening back to the 1950s deserves toilet paper.

I am pro-American.

Your god is killable?
Killing God by lack of faith is. God was replaced by the federal government and all the rest of them in our nation. Once the last tie to the gold standard was cut by the post WW2 Bretton Woods agreement in 1971 the printing presses went into hyper drive. Somewhere at some time, payment comes due for that. And people suffer somewhere and at times while it is happening. You see the faioures in the word and do not believe. Our nation is the final destination for safety so the currency stays alive pretty well. But the faith in it as in God is dropping by others in the world. Your currency has a middleman. He is your god.

Pretending all of the poo poo is at the feet of one political party and harkening back to the 1950s deserves toilet paper.

I am pro-American.

What is the difference between pro-American and Patriot?

,,,the modern man remains boy-like, perpetually playing video games and hopping from woman to woman but never settling down.

This is the world liberal Democrats have created.

This is the slavery feminists liberated women from

Sure there were. Good times are not vastly different from Good Old Days.

What is your point in fighting against the idea of the 50s as a time of "Good old days"?

It's operating from a place of nostalgia and does not accurately represent the time period.

Except the experience of the people in that time period, was that it was a very good time.

For some. Not for others. The Gilded Age provided people that had experienced a very good time as well.

No time is a utopia. But refusing to acknowledge that there have been periods when people have had good times in the past, I am not seeing a benefit.

IMO, if someone references a time of past glory, then the next question should be, what made it good and what can we learn from that.

How about the pinnacle of the United States ascendancy post World War2? Greatest economic boom and advancement in science, math, physics. USA was number one with our economy and military. But NAFTA and other dumb trade agreements destroyed the economy where I come from. “Nostalgic” fucking right. Sad...fucking right.

I am pro-American.

What is the difference between pro-American and Patriot?

Mel Gibson.

Are you telling me that the OP is a shining example of a Patriot?

It's operating from a place of nostalgia and does not accurately represent the time period.

Except the experience of the people in that time period, was that it was a very good time.

For some. Not for others. The Gilded Age provided people that had experienced a very good time as well.

How about the pinnacle of the United States ascendancy post World War2? Greatest economic boom and advancement in science, math, physics. USA was number one with our economy and military. But NAFTA and other dumb trade agreements destroyed the economy where I come from. “Nostalgic” fucking right. Sad...fucking right.

And then what happened? Outsourcing R&D.

It's a limited view of life from the 1950s. Nostalgia.

I disagree. The Welfare State has destabilized the American Family. Former President Lyndon Johnson's War on Poverty and Great Society made a seismic change in America. Those changes instantly began to reward bad behavior and punish good behavior.

We see the results today and we have only worked to make it worse.

And then what happened? Outsourcing R&D.
Running excess production so they could cover inventory for the big move.

Forum List

Back