The More We Learn, the Less Room There is for Evolution

The question of when did life originate is a very simple question. And the answer does not involve dirt evolving into humans creating Beethoven's 5th or David Copperfield without assistance.

Not true. Give this 1 million years and who knows what this fungus will turn into

I told you a new bacteria was found at the bottom of the dead sea. Never been seen before
That bacteria has been in that lake for thousands of years. Just because we just found it does not mean it wasn't there yesterday. And it will always remain bacteria.

But glad you brought up the Dead Sea. Upstream in the Sea of Galilee are Talapia fish, they've been locked there for over 7 million years with no changes.

No you are wrong. I don't think you know what you are talking about. That bacteria if given enough time will turn into single cell organisms and then multiple cell organisms. It's true.

Tilapia (/tᵻˈlɑːpi.ə/ ti-lah-pee-ə) is the common name for nearly a hundred species of cichlid fish from the tilapiine cichlid tribe. Tilapia can become problematic invasive species in new warm-water habitats such as Australia, whether deliberately or accidentally introduced, but generally not in temperate climates due to their inability to survive in cold water.

No change in 7 million years?

Cichlids /ˈsɪklᵻdz/ are fish from the family Cichlidae in the order Perciformes. Cichlids are members of a suborder known as Labroidei, along with the wrasses (Labridae), damselfishes (Pomacentridae), and surfperches (Embiotocidae).[1] This family is both large and diverse. At least 1,650 species have been scientifically described,[2]making it one of the largest vertebrate families. New species are discovered annually, and many species remain undescribed. The actual number of species is therefore unknown, with estimates varying between 2,000 and 3,000

a diverse and economically important group containing the genera Oreochromis, Sarotherodon, and Tilapia. A number of smaller genera, such as Alcolapia, Danakilia, Iranocichla, and Steatocranus are also placed herein. They are now placed in the subfamily Pseudocrenilabrinae of African and Middle Eastern cichlids; formerly, these were often regarded as a distinct subfamily Tilapiinae

And you share a common ancestor with Tilapiinae.
After 7 million years it's still a Talipia and call me when your bacteria becomes a hamster.

Hundreds of species are called Tilapia.

Just because they are all the same family doesn't make them all the exact same thing.

Call me when your fairy in the sky creates a new species.

In the 19th century, biologists grasped that species could evolve given sufficient time. Charles Darwin's 1859 book The Origin of Species explained how species could arise by natural selection. Genes can sometimes be exchanged between species by horizontal gene transfer; and species may become extinct for a variety of reasons.

And using it to judge people and to tell people how to live their lives. That is what really pisses me off. Making social and political based on a myth is sad.
Really pisses you lefties off at people being told the greatest commandment is to love your neighbor as yourself. The left foam at the mouth at anyone saying they should not be self centered, your post attests to that.

Really pisses you righties off at people being told that they should love their enemies as yourself. The right foam at the mouth at anyone saying that they should not be hate centered.

Your post attests to that.
Too funny. Now atheists think a higher authority directs them to love others as themselves.

This atheist thinks its funny that you righties who spend their life spouting hatred towards your neighbors ignore the teachings of the man you declare to be your god.

Personally, I find a lot of wisdom of the accounts written that supposedly are the words of the man named Jesus.

Love thy neighbor as thyself is very wise.

Teaching people to love your enemies too- and pointing out how much harder that is- the concept behind that command- that is brilliant.

Just because i don't believe in your fairies- and recognize science- doesn't mean I can't recognize the wisdoms in the world's great religions.
The only one spouting hate is you, thanks for the post validating it.

LOL- and by spouting hate, you mean I am the one talking about Jesus's wisdom, while you are attacking anyone who doesn't believe in your fairies in the sky.

I hate no one- I strive to love my 'enemies' but its hard- good thing I am not a Christian so my failing to live up to Jesus's command is just a matter of personal conscious- not the sign of a moral failing.

What is the theory that anti-evolutionists believe in that explains the diversity of life on Earth?

Hard to know, since they just whine about how they don't believe in the facts- and never have the cojones to say what they believe in that explains the diversity of life on earth.

They just reject science.

The question is simple- the answer is not.

Even for the fairytalists who believe a fairy poofed life into existence, it begs the question- where did the fairy come from?

Of course where life came from is not central or necessary for the theory of evolution.

Even if your fairy created the first hint of life, life then evolved from that.

No fairy poofed dinosaurs and giraffes into existence 6,000 years ago.
You think all the universe existed forever, used to be the size of a quarter, blew up on its own and resulted in Beethovens 5th being created.

You have more faith than I.

What do you mean when you said the universe "existed forever"? The current universe is not the way it was 12 billions years ago. A lot of stars that were burning back then are not anymore. And our star wasn't even here 12 billion years ago. So no one knows what you mean when you say "existed forever". Chances are you are wrong in your conclusion.

And do you not believe the big bang?

The Big Bang theory is the prevailing cosmological model for the universe[1] from the earliest known periods through its subsequent large-scale evolution.[2][3][4] The model describes how the universe expanded from a very high density and high temperature state,[5][6] and offers a comprehensive explanation for a broad range of phenomena, including the abundance of light elements, the cosmic microwave background, large scale structure and Hubble's Law.[7] If the known laws of physics are extrapolated to the highest density regime, the result is a singularity which is typically associated with the Big Bang. Detailed measurements of the expansion rate of the universe place this moment at approximately 13.8 billion years ago, which is thus considered the age of the universe.[8] After the initial expansion, the universe cooled sufficiently to allow the formation of subatomic particles, and later simple atoms. Giant clouds of these primordial elements later coalesced through gravity in halos of dark matter, eventually forming the stars and galaxies visible today.

What is your theory and where do you get these theories from?
Where did your matter come from?

Oh! I know the answer!!! Pick me!

Answer: Inside a star. That's right a sun (not son) died billions of years ago so I could live.

The chemical elements of life such as carbon, magnesium, and calcium were originally created in the interior furnaces of stars and then released by stellar explosions.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” Carl Sagan
Einstein, a star is matter.

Call me when you get up to 5th grade astronomy.

Oh so now you want to know where stars come from? Sorry buddy but that's not something we know. Oh wait, I forgot you know because god told your ancestors. Tell me then where did matter come from.

Oh, and I saw this and thought of you.

The great chain of being is a strict, religious hierarchical structure of all matter and life, believed to have been decreed by God. The chain starts from God and progresses downward to angels, demons (fallen/renegade angels), stars, moon, kings, princes, nobles, commoners, wild animals, domesticated animals, trees, other plants, precious stones, precious metals, and other minerals.

The great chain of being is a concept derived from Plato, Aristotle (in his Historia animalium)

Where do you fall? I say wild animal.

The question of when did life originate is a very simple question. And the answer does not involve dirt evolving into humans creating Beethoven's 5th or David Copperfield without assistance.

The question is simple- the answer is not.

Even for the fairytalists who believe a fairy poofed life into existence, it begs the question- where did the fairy come from?

Of course where life came from is not central or necessary for the theory of evolution.

Even if your fairy created the first hint of life, life then evolved from that.

No fairy poofed dinosaurs and giraffes into existence 6,000 years ago.
You think all the universe existed forever, used to be the size of a quarter, blew up on its own and resulted in Beethovens 5th being created

I do? Wow that is amazing that you believe you can read my mind and know what I 'think'.

I happen to agree with the consensus opinion of scientists- that the theory of evolution best explains the diversity of life on Earth.

Do you believe dinosaurs and man lived at the same time- for example in North America?
So you deny the primary explanation for the formation of the universe?

That's the problem you have. You mock the existence of God always being there but you have to tell us matter has always been there.

Time and space are eternal. Our sun, our planet and even every star in our universe will die someday. And none of the stars you see in the sky were here 15 billion years ago. But it all existed at least in some state. This "universe" that we live in might have just been a big huge dark empty place until the big bang lit it up like a xmas tree.

If you understand that the universe is eternal then you realize there is no need for god. So worship the universe not some imaginary creator that you believe must have created it. Just worship what you know is real. The universe is real.
Life would be a big party of me, me, it's all about me if I didn't see the evidence of a creator who says I'm to live my life a certain way. Explains much about people in society.

Time and space are not necessarily eternal. They are variables that fluctuate that are just part of what we can see using math.

60 years ago science said the universe as we see it always existed. Now we know it had a beginning. And science says it will all crash down upon itself and have an end. Like I said, science moves towards Biblical accounts.

What is the theory that anti-evolutionists believe in that explains the diversity of life on Earth?

Hard to know, since they just whine about how they don't believe in the facts- and never have the cojones to say what they believe in that explains the diversity of life on earth.

I've made a few of them admit that yes in fact they do believe that god waved his hand and Poofed fully grown adult land animals on earth. They have to believe this because otherwise they can't explain how land animals got here. So we aren't being mean when we say they believe god POOFED land animals onto earth. That is literally what they believe. God made adam out of sand and eve out of his rib.

You think all the universe existed forever, used to be the size of a quarter, blew up on its own and resulted in Beethovens 5th being created.

You have more faith than I.

What do you mean when you said the universe "existed forever"? The current universe is not the way it was 12 billions years ago. A lot of stars that were burning back then are not anymore. And our star wasn't even here 12 billion years ago. So no one knows what you mean when you say "existed forever". Chances are you are wrong in your conclusion.

The Big Bang theory is the prevailing cosmological model for the universe[1] from the earliest known periods through its subsequent large-scale evolution.[2][3][4] The model describes how the universe expanded from a very high density and high temperature state,[5][6] and offers a comprehensive explanation for a broad range of phenomena, including the abundance of light elements, the cosmic microwave background, large scale structure and Hubble's Law.[7] If the known laws of physics are extrapolated to the highest density regime, the result is a singularity which is typically associated with the Big Bang. Detailed measurements of the expansion rate of the universe place this moment at approximately 13.8 billion years ago, which is thus considered the age of the universe.[8] After the initial expansion, the universe cooled sufficiently to allow the formation of subatomic particles, and later simple atoms. Giant clouds of these primordial elements later coalesced through gravity in halos of dark matter, eventually forming the stars and galaxies visible today.

Answer: Inside a star. That's right a sun (not son) died billions of years ago so I could live.

The chemical elements of life such as carbon, magnesium, and calcium were originally created in the interior furnaces of stars and then released by stellar explosions.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” Carl Sagan

Oh so now you want to know where stars come from? Sorry buddy but that's not something we know. Oh wait, I forgot you know because god told your ancestors. Tell me then where did matter come from.

The great chain of being is a strict, religious hierarchical structure of all matter and life, believed to have been decreed by God. The chain starts from God and progresses downward to angels, demons (fallen/renegade angels), stars, moon, kings, princes, nobles, commoners, wild animals, domesticated animals, trees, other plants, precious stones, precious metals, and other minerals.

The great chain of being is a concept derived from Plato, Aristotle (in his Historia animalium)

Please read up on the Big Bang theory and stop making a fool of yourself.

When you do, answer where you got your matter from.

You think all the universe existed forever, used to be the size of a quarter, blew up on its own and resulted in Beethovens 5th being created

I do? Wow that is amazing that you believe you can read my mind and know what I 'think'.

I happen to agree with the consensus opinion of scientists- that the theory of evolution best explains the diversity of life on Earth.

Do you believe dinosaurs and man lived at the same time- for example in North America?
So you deny the primary explanation for the formation of the universe?.

When did I deny that? Please provide that quote

So you don't believe in evolution- how do you believe the platypus ended up on Australia and Dinosaurs in North America?
I'm not surprised you avoid answering when was matter created.

I am not surprised that you want to make this about your lies about me.

Twice now you have announced what I think- while you of course dodge what you actually believe.

Do you believe that living humans and dinosaurs existed on earth at the same time?

Do you believe that all life on earth was created at the same moment in time- and is still exactly the same as it was created by some magical entity?

Evolution is hard to believe and hard to grasp but they're trying to make evolution seem just as stupid as their creation story. Evolution may be hard to believe but it's very much scientifically explainable and possible. God POOFING all the diverse land creatures into existence is the stupidest thing I ever heard. And it's funny how they don't like the big bang theory but the idea that god made man out of sand is perfectly acceptable to them.

I've made a few of them admit that yes in fact they do believe that god waved his hand and Poofed fully grown adult land animals on earth. They have to believe this because otherwise they can't explain how land animals got here. So we aren't being mean when we say they believe god POOFED land animals onto earth. That is literally what they believe. God made adam out of sand and eve out of his rib.
Says the person who believes sand will write Beethoven's 5th if you just wait long enough.

It's you that is making a fool of yourself. We are trying to get you to admit the stupidity that you believe but you won't. What you will do is mischaracterize what me and SYRIUSLY are trying to tell you.

I don't even know what point you are trying to make about the big bang. Why don't you explain yourself. Instead you act like you've made some GOTCHA point and really you haven't. You asked me where matter came from. I said it came from inside stars. You said stars are matter. So, if you know the answer tell me. Don't tell me I'm wrong and then not tell me the answer. This is why its hard to explain to you what an idiot you are because you won't vocalize your stupid beliefs. Please tell me and SYRIUSLY what you believe.

Says the person who believes sand will write Beethoven's 5th if you just wait long enough.

Didn't a human write that? Scientifically explainable.

You tell us. For once you do the explaining. Come on pal. Where did I get my matter from? Does it matter?

In the beginning, there was a question mark. All else followed. The end.

We've all heard of the Big Bang theory but it's important to understand what that theory is and what it's not. Let me take this opportunity to be precisely, abundantly, emphatically, ridiculously, fantastically clear: The Big Bang theory is not a theory of the creation of the universe. Full stop. Done. Call it. Burn that sentence into your brain. Say it before you go to sleep, and first thing when you wake up.

I'm emphasizing this because there is a lot of confusion from all sides, and it's best to keep it simple. The Big Bang theory is a scientific model, just like any other scientific model. We believe the theory is on the right track because it's — gasp — supported by extensive evidence.

You don't have to take my word for it. Since the idea was first cooked up, the Big Bang theory has survived decades of scientists fighting, scratching, backstabbing, criticizing, undermining, bickering, arguing and even name-calling, all in an attempt to crush their rivals and prove that their pet alternatives were superior. Why? Because whoever takes down a major scientific paradigm gets a free trip to Stockholm.

And at the end of it all, there's the evidence. You know, the actual universe that we're trying to understand. Any new observation is the scientific Thunderdome; two theories may enter, but only one can leave. And what was left after decades of evidence? Here's a hint: It's big.

What Triggered the Big Bang? It's Complicated

Says the dope who argues with science in defense of his god. Sad really.

And you see this is why people don't like religion. Many religious people insist that religion is not anti science but you are proving how religion does conflict with reality.

The anti-evolutionists- still displaying their lack of cojones- not willing to express their beliefs- only willing to condemn science.

It's you that is making a fool of yourself. We are trying to get you to admit the stupidity that you believe but you won't. What you will do is mischaracterize what me and SYRIUSLY are trying to tell you.

I don't even know what point you are trying to make about the big bang. Why don't you explain yourself. Instead you act like you've made some GOTCHA point and really you haven't. You asked me where matter came from. I said it came from inside stars. You said stars are matter. So, if you know the answer tell me. Don't tell me I'm wrong and then not tell me the answer. This is why its hard to explain to you what an idiot you are because you won't vocalize your stupid beliefs. Please tell me and SYRIUSLY what you believe.
I don't blame you for avoiding the question where you got matter from.

It's just one of a million things that make you look foolish in your parroting of what others tell you to parrot.

Didn't a human write that? Scientifically explainable.
You just shot your own foot again.

It's just one of a million things that make you look foolish in your parroting of what others tell you to parrot.

I don't blame you for avoiding the question of whether dinosaurs and humans existed at the same time.

Its just one of the million things that make you look foolish as you parrot the anti-science creationists line.

Says the dope who argues with science in defense of his god. Sad really.

And you see this is why people don't like religion. Many religious people insist that religion is not anti science but you are proving how religion does conflict with reality.
I argue with science, dufus. Takes a lot of BS swallowing to parrot sand will start writing Bach if you just wait long enough.

I don't blame you for avoiding the question of whether dinosaurs and humans existed at the same time.

Its just one of the million things that make you look foolish as you parrot the anti-science creationists line.
Hilarious you need to change topics because you can't address the OP.

Forum List

Back