The Morning Briefing: Please Democrats, Keep Up Your Lunatic Jan. 6 Obsession

Using the lies they fed to the FISA Court seems like more of an insurrection than anything that happened on January 6, 2021.
There were no documented lies to FISA. You are the liar.

Still waiting on your answer coward, from post#60?

Last edited:
Well, for starters the Senate has to confirm a VP pick a President makes if the VP resigns or dies or otherwise can't perform the duties of the office. What would happen in this very specific instance I'm not sure but I have a lot of doubt that the Senate which would have been split 50/50 Republican/Dem at that point was going to confirm anyone who even might think about vacating the electoral college votes. I'd have an easier time believing that aliens were going to descend and take over the world than believe that. My guess (and this is just a guess) is that the Speaker of the House would take over as the VP in the interim. I'm guessing that only because the SotH is the 3rd in line of succession. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure Nancy wasn't going to invalidate the EC votes if she became VP.
Yeah..the ambiguity of what would happen is what they were going for. And now, if that were to happen, the Trump supporters would add this into the other dubious claims of improprieties with the speaker of the house stepping in to take over for the VP.
What Im 100% sure of is the American people were never going to allow it to happen. Im a conservative. Voted for Trump and think Joe Biden is a disaster, but you can bet your last dollar that Im picking up my guns and marching to DC with what Im sure are a lot of other people to right that wrong if necessary.
Are these the same American people (4 in 10 anyway) who won't take a vaccine to prevent an infection that has killed nearly 1M of their countrymen?

Your faith is stronger than mine.

Yeah..the ambiguity of what would happen is what they were going for. And now, if that were to happen, the Trump supporters would add this into the other dubious claims of improprieties with the speaker of the house stepping in to take over for the VP.

Are these the same American people (4 in 10 anyway) who won't take a vaccine to prevent an infection that has killed nearly 1M of their countrymen?

Your faith is stronger than mine.
I think you have to suspend reason to believe the that was the ”plan”.

I think you have to suspend reason to believe the that was the ”plan”.

So the guy brought zip tie restraints with him for what reason then?

I'm not saying every dude there had a plan. The shaman, the hick with his feet on Nancy's desk, balcony guy, zip tie guy, the dude who threw the fire extinguisher, the guys who put up the gallows, the guy who ran off with the podium, the guy who brought the confederate flag, the dude who tore John Lewis's picture down....but I think you have to suspend reason to believe that these thugs were just going to go in there and peacefully take a seat and let Pence do his job of confirming Biden as the President.

I guess I’m at a loss as to what the end game was. For arguments sake let’s say all 600ish people were hell bent on insurrection. How are they successful exactly? How do they take over the US government by being in the capital? Even if they killed the whole Congress that doesn’t make them or Trump the President or ruler of the US. For me there has to be a logical path to the “insurrectionists” coming to power before I’ll believe that’s what they were doing if that makes sense. And I just don’t see it and no one has been able to articulate one.
Incompetence and ignorance is no excuse.

I guess I’m at a loss as to what the end game was. For arguments sake let’s say all 600ish people were hell bent on insurrection. How are they successful exactly? How do they take over the US government by being in the capital? Even if they killed the whole Congress that doesn’t make them or Trump the President or ruler of the US. For me there has to be a logical path to the “insurrectionists” coming to power before I’ll believe that’s what they were doing if that makes sense. And I just don’t see it and no one has been able to articulate one.
Even if it wasn't an insurrection, at the very least it was criminal trespass and destruction of government property. And the fine for that is?

Caught? At what?

Any actual charges FOR INSURRECTION yet?
While sedition is organized incitement to rebellion or civil disorder against the state’s authority, insurrection involves actual acts of violence against the state or its officers.

Only the attorney general can bring charges of insurrection, which is defined by Title 18, section 2383 of the U.S.C.:

• Thanks
Reactions: BWK
While sedition is organized incitement to rebellion or civil disorder against the state’s authority, insurrection involves actual acts of violence against the state or its officers.

Only the attorney general can bring charges of insurrection, which is defined by Title 18, section 2383 of the U.S.C.:
So, who has been charged with insurrection?

Name names. List the people who are facing charges of insurrection.

There was no incompetence or ignorance. There was NO INSURRECTION. Full stop.

Unless you can list the people who have been charged with insurrection?

There was no incompetence or ignorance. There was NO INSURRECTION. Full stop.

Unless you can list the people who have been charged with insurrection?
Why would you expose this gross stupidity? With over 600 arrested and many awaiting trial, how can you conclude there was no insurrection, when those trials have not occurred yet?

Forum List

Back