The MOTHER of ALL Flues

Care4all

Warrior Princess
Mar 24, 2007
Why get a flu shot when the BEAST OF ALL BEASTS flu protection, is not in the flu shot??

The hubby caught it first and the s.o.b. (not really an sob but right now he is :)) gave it to me, he's had it 9 days and is still running a high fever, he's missed a week of work so far....the prescript the doc gave him is doing nothing.... i've been running 102.3 fever for 5 days, can not breathe,it's a choking kind of thing in the lungs, just horrible.... plus stomach problems which he's had too.... I'm telling ya, if an elderly person or a child got this thing, they'd be dead imo, or damn near it....

Honestly, the way it is piercing and strangles your breathing, and chokes you...it's some kind of biological warfare weapon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: It is Gosh Awful!

This year's flu shot was worthless!

I got the shot. No flu. Haven't had the flu since the 90s.
I had the Flu once, 25 years ago....flu shot every year since...including this year!

Doc said they missed getting this strain of flu, in to the shot....

I can't feel your pain.....
I've never had the flu in my 51 years and I've never had a flu shot.

You got the biggie. I refuse to take the shots. Mercury. First Nations. Grassy Narrows. I will never take a shot. My husband had to at work. You have all the duplicate syndromes. He has asthma so I'm really worried because his cold last year ended him up into the hospital with pneumonia sp first coffee. It was bad and now I can hear him loaded with fluid as he sleeps as I type. He\s gurgling.

Why get a flu shot when the BEAST OF ALL BEASTS flu protection, is not in the flu shot??

The hubby caught it first and the s.o.b. (not really an sob but right now he is :)) gave it to me, he's had it 9 days and is still running a high fever, he's missed a week of work so far....the prescript the doc gave him is doing nothing.... i've been running 102.3 fever for 5 days, can not breathe,it's a choking kind of thing in the lungs, just horrible.... plus stomach problems which he's had too.... I'm telling ya, if an elderly person or a child got this thing, they'd be dead imo, or damn near it....

Honestly, the way it is piercing and strangles your breathing, and chokes you...it's some kind of biological warfare weapon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: It is Gosh Awful!

So sorry that you are sick, sounds like a real bad flu...I bet you are taking care of your husband..lol..

I just got back from walgreens , many sick people there today. Are you on antibiotics? Maybe you need some..

it's a really weird flu.... it's DRY....the lungs never get bronchitis, at least not yet, and my head is not congested either, it's hard to describe other than a choking with chemical weapons kind of feeling in my lungs...:lol: with a high fever, lack of appetite, (helping to get bathing suit ready for summer with the weight loss is only perk)

it's truly not funny...even though I laughed....

Sorry to hear you are sick. That sounds terrible. Get well soon.

get-well-soon_brand_logo_bid.png

I had the Flu once, 25 years ago....flu shot every year since...including this year!

Dearheart a lot depends where you are. And where the shots are coming from. My daughter when she was living in Sweden couldn't take a flue shot because hers would have been from China and was based in eggs. Being allergic to eggs BIG TIME basically would have almost killed her.

You really have to know where the shots are made and who is dispensing them. I just prefer to take my chances by not trusting anyone.

So sorry that you are sick, sounds like a real bad flu...I bet you are taking care of your husband..lol..

I just got back from walgreens , many sick people there today. Are you on antibiotics? Maybe you need some..
doc said antibiotics wont do squat to help...it's a virus....the tamiflu has done nothing for the hubby, that his doc prescribed....

Dearheart a lot depends where you are. And where the shots are coming from. My daughter when she was living in Sweden couldn't take a flue shot because hers would have been from China and was based in eggs. Being allergic to eggs BIG TIME basically would have almost killed her.

You really have to know where the shots are made and who is dispensing them. I just prefer to take my chances by not trusting anyone.

Yes, they always ask if you are allergic to eggs..

The healthcare workers at Stanford hospital have to wear a mask if they don't get the shot...I feel claustrophobic with those masks so I would rather get the shot...lol

Last edited:
it's a really weird flu.... it's DRY....the lungs never get bronchitis, at least not yet, and my head is not congested either, it's hard to describe other than a choking with chemical weapons kind of feeling in my lungs...:lol: with a high fever, lack of appetite, (helping to get bathing suit ready for summer with the weight loss is only perk)

Now thats funnier than hell C4A. I swear I took off 4 pounds of hork just now. Sorry........grossssssssssss... but true. I', dying here. lol.

Whatever I post tonight cannot be held against me.

The healthcare workers at Stanford hospital have to wear a mask if they don't get the shot...I feel claustrophobic with those masks so I would rather get the shot...lol

I'm one of those happy super healthy kinda beings so when I get sick its a bad thing. When I was living in Tennessee I got a cold and my neighbor told me the fixer quicker upper would be a bit of shine. lolololol I don't t remember being sick at all....lolololol but I think I hugged a deer somewhere along the way.

I'm one of those happy super healthy kinda beings so when I get sick its a bad thing. When I was living in Tennessee I got a cold and my neighbor told me the fixer quicker upper would be a bit of shine. lolololol I don't t remember being sick at all....lolololol but I think I hugged a deer somewhere along the way.

lol...In my 20's I would take a cold pill and go out all night to the clubs...after a few drinks you forget that you are sick..lol

Here are a few really good old Charles Colburn movies that i watched yesterday, and are hysterical...to pass your time resting..

Ronald Reagan is in this one...he is actually funny

I love this one with Jean Arthur and Coburn

lol...In my 20's I would take a cold pill and go out all night to the clubs...after a few drinks you forget that you are sick..lol

OMG someone like me. I take one gravol pill and I'm tripping. My husband has always said he loves me because I'm cheap.

Nice to meet you. I always knew there was a reason I liked you despite being liberal. :)

Forum List

Back