The Nationalist Right Is Coming for Reince Priebus ~ The Atlantic

JohnnyApplesack

Gold Member
Feb 8, 2011

...truly amazing amount of turmoil in the WH, really ramping up lately. historic times..........

Furious over the ouster of Mike Flynn, Trump loyalists in the right-wing media are blaming the former RNC chair for the administration's setbacks.

Breitbart News has a target in its crosshairs following the departure of former National Security Adviser Mike Flynn from the White House in a cascade of scandal over his contacts with the Russian government: White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus.

Targeting Priebus, who leads the faction of Trump aides that is composed of experienced establishment political hands, is really just a stand-in for a larger conflict about the future of Trumpism in the White House. Breitbart News is treating Flynn’s ouster as the first salvo in a war against those in the administration they deem insufficiently loyal to Trump. Backing up Breitbart are legions of other Trump loyalists in the right-wing media sphere. And their angry reaction to Flynn’s exit signals the unpopularity of the move with a vocal segment of Trump’s base.

The Nationalist Right Is Coming for Priebus

I can believe that is a possibility. He was the RNC chair for years, he is the GOP. I thought it was odd Trump picked him as his Chief of Staff, but since he appointed Bannon as "White House Chief Strategist", it's sort of made the Chief of Staff irrelevant, just the person that helps manage the Presidents schedule and staff.

The guy did criticize Trump early on, especially about the Muslim ban. Doesn't sound trustworthy to me, but it may be fine to leave him be as errand boy.

I can believe that is a possibility. He was the RNC chair for years, he is the GOP. I thought it was odd Trump picked him as his Chief of Staff, but since he appointed Bannon as "White House Chief Strategist", it's sort of made the Chief of Staff irrelevant, just the person that helps manage the Presidents schedule and staff.

The guy did criticize Trump early on, especially about the Muslim ban. Doesn't sound trustworthy to me, but it may be fine to leave him be as errand boy.

Well they'll leave him there for a while for cosmetic reasons........after this Flynn nightmare they can't just fire another incompetent boob and call it a day

Reince has always been the odd man out, a foil to deal with the dreaded oldschool republican plutocrats sure, but he's walking around with a bulls eye on his back

Forum List

Back