The new novie noah

This movie has pretty good reviews and not all Christian groups hate it:

Christian reaction

Producer Scott Franklin told Entertainment Weekly, "Noah is a very short section of the Bible with a lot of gaps, so we definitely had to take some creative expression in it. But I think we stayed very true to the story and didn't really deviate from the Bible, despite the six-armed angels."[52] Several Christian organizations have expressed support for the Noah film, "including Leaders from organizations like the American Bible Society, National Catholic Register, The King's College, Q Ideas, Hollywood Prayer Network, and Focus on the Family".[53] Focus on the Family president Jim Daly stated that: "[Noah] is a creative interpretation of the scriptural account that allows us to imagine the deep struggles Noah may have wrestled with as he answered God’s call on his life. This cinematic vision of Noah’s story gives Christians a great opportunity to engage our culture with the biblical Noah, and to have conversations with friends and family about matters of eternal significance."[54]
"Noah" has been the subject of controversy with some religious groups claiming the story has been inaccurately portrayed. The director, Darren Aronofsky, a self-professed atheist, made waves by touting his rendition of "Noah" as the "least biblical biblical film ever made."[55] The movie was reported by one early reviewer to have no mention of God. The director’s description of Noah as the “first environmentalist” also did not sit well with Jerry Johnson, president of the National Religious Broadcasters, who called the film’s “insertion of the extremist environmental agenda” a major concern.[56] The push back from some religious groups prompted Paramount Pictures in February 2014 to add a disclaimer to marketing materials, saying:
"The film is inspired by the story of Noah. While artistic license has been taken, we believe that this film is true to the essence, values and integrity of a story that is a cornerstone of faith for millions of people worldwide. The biblical story of Noah can be found in the book of Genesis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noah_(film)

I would withhold judgement until I saw it.

Noah (A MAN OF GOD) is depicted as a psychopathic maniac. How would a movie about George Washington as a drunk, coward, sexual pervert do in today's movie market??

How do you know how he was depicted?

The guy was hearing voices telling him to build an ark. You don't think psychopathic came into play?

The bible mythology were written by primitive story tellers, now they whine the movie producers didn't follow the bible mythology as if the bible was an historical fact!! Circular reasoning

NOAH walked and talked with GOD.===Now God saw that the earth had become corrupt and was filled with violence. 12 God observed all this corruption in the world, for everyone on earth was corrupt. 13 So God said to Noah, “I have decided to destroy all living creatures, for they have filled the earth with violence. Yes, I will wipe them all out along with the earth!

14 “Build a large boat from cypress wood and waterproof it with tar, inside and out. Then construct decks and stalls throughout its interior. 15 Make the boat 450 feet long, 75 feet wide, and 45 feet high. 16 Leave an 18-inch opening below the roof all the way around the boat. Put the door on the side, and build three decks inside the boat—lower, middle, and upper.
17 “Look! I am about to cover the earth with a flood that will destroy every living thing that breathes. Everything on earth will die. 18 But I will confirm my covenant with you. So enter the boat—you and your wife and your sons and their wives. 19 Bring a pair of every kind of animal—a male and a female—into the boat with you to keep them alive during the flood. 20 Pairs of every kind of bird, and every kind of animal, and every kind of small animal that scurries along the ground, will come to you to be kept alive. 21 And be sure to take on board enough food for your family and for all the animals.”
22 So Noah did everything exactly as God had commanded him. Genesis 6:11-22

NOAH walked and talked with GOD.===Now God saw that the earth had become corrupt and was filled with violence. 12 God observed all this corruption in the world, for everyone on earth was corrupt. 13 So God said to Noah, “I have decided to destroy all living creatures, for they have filled the earth with violence. Yes, I will wipe them all out along with the earth!

14 “Build a large boat from cypress wood and waterproof it with tar, inside and out. Then construct decks and stalls throughout its interior. 15 Make the boat 450 feet long, 75 feet wide, and 45 feet high. 16 Leave an 18-inch opening below the roof all the way around the boat. Put the door on the side, and build three decks inside the boat—lower, middle, and upper.
17 “Look! I am about to cover the earth with a flood that will destroy every living thing that breathes. Everything on earth will die. 18 But I will confirm my covenant with you. So enter the boat—you and your wife and your sons and their wives. 19 Bring a pair of every kind of animal—a male and a female—into the boat with you to keep them alive during the flood. 20 Pairs of every kind of bird, and every kind of animal, and every kind of small animal that scurries along the ground, will come to you to be kept alive. 21 And be sure to take on board enough food for your family and for all the animals.”

That is exactly what was depicted in the movie

WRONG!!!! The movie somehow finds a way to avoid using the word “God” the entire movie!!! Noah preached about the comming judgments of God against a evil,sin loving,God rejecting world!!!

WRONG!!!! The movie somehow finds a way to avoid using the word “God” the entire movie!!! Noah preached about the comming judgments of God against a evil,sin loving,God rejecting world!!!

Given you never saw the movie, you can't say that can you?

Where in the Bible does it say Noah preached that?

Last edited:

how many times did you hear GOD talked about in a movie about NOAH who was a preacher of God's word for over 100 years to a evil world???????????????

how many times did you hear GOD talked about in a movie about NOAH who was a preacher of God's word for over 100 years to a evil world???????????????

Noah preached about the comming judgments of God against a evil,sin loving,God rejecting world!!!

Show me where in the Bible it says that

THE NEW NOVIE NOAH distorts the story of Noah so badly that it is virtually unrecognizable. And Americans are so dumbed down these days that MOST have no idea what the Bible actually says. In “Noah” the new movie, the fallen angels are “good guys” that were kicked out of heaven because of their compassion for humanity, they help Noah build the ark, and they ascend to heaven when they die helping defend the ark against a band of marauding evil humans. Instead of a preacher of righteousness, Noah is depicted as a psychopathic maniac that hates humanity and wants to kill his unborn grandchild if it is a girl. The movie somehow finds a way to avoid using the word “God” the entire time, and during a scene where Noah explains to his family how the world was “created”, the film displays visuals depicting Darwinian evolution. MS. BEWARE!! IN THE LAST DAY MANY WILL SAY GOOD IS EVIL AND EVIL GOOD!!! THOSE DAYS ARE HERE!!!

Novie?

I wouldn't go see it if someone paid me to....what do you expect from what I hear is an atheist God hater director? And they try to compare this with other Christian movies like Passion of the Christ....really sad!

So there!

Guess you told them.

I won't see it either but neither of us will be missed. It was #1 this weekend because, apparently, a lot of people like bible-based fairy tales. :cuckoo:

Did you see it?

Insert <No> here

I did.

It was like a Star Wars remake where the Klingons were the heroes fighting against Evil Jedi Knights who refused to sing Judy Garland show tunes in gay cabarets. (Yeah, I know there were no Klingons in Star Wars, that's the point.)

Other than great special effects, it was the most fucked up, convoluted pile of crap since Oliver Stone's "Alexander."

THE NEW NOVIE NOAH distorts the story of Noah so badly that it is virtually unrecognizable. And Americans are so dumbed down these days that MOST have no idea what the Bible actually says. In “Noah” the new movie, the fallen angels are “good guys” that were kicked out of heaven because of their compassion for humanity, they help Noah build the ark, and they ascend to heaven when they die helping defend the ark against a band of marauding evil humans. Instead of a preacher of righteousness, Noah is depicted as a psychopathic maniac that hates humanity and wants to kill his unborn grandchild if it is a girl. The movie somehow finds a way to avoid using the word “God” the entire time, and during a scene where Noah explains to his family how the world was “created”, the film displays visuals depicting Darwinian evolution. MS. BEWARE!! IN THE LAST DAY MANY WILL SAY GOOD IS EVIL AND EVIL GOOD!!! THOSE DAYS ARE HERE!!!

Novie?

He meant to write,

The Mew Movie Moah.

This thread could be combined with the one in Religion that gismo already posted to.

Did you see it?

Insert <No> here

I did.

It was like a Star Wars remake where the Klingons were the heroes fighting against Evil Jedi Knights who refused to sing Judy Garland show tunes in gay cabarets. (Yeah, I know there were no Klingons in Star Wars, that's the point.)

Other than great special effects, it was the most fucked up, convoluted pile of crap since Oliver Stone's "Alexander."

Uh no, that would be your bible.

Noah preached about the comming judgments of God against a evil,sin loving,God rejecting world!!!

Heck, the Noah I learned about didn't have a magic sword ...

And what's with god throwing a tantrum and killing off every human on the planet? Never mind that he really needs to grow up and take resonsibility for his anger issues, that also means the bible lies about us all being descendants of Adam and Eve. If the bible doesn't lie, we're are actually descendants of Noah.

And God did not spare the ancient world—except for Noah and the seven others in his family. Noah warned the world of God’s righteous judgment. So God protected Noah when he destroyed the world of ungodly people with a vast flood. 2 PETER 2:5

Noah is depicted as a psychopathic maniac. How would a movie about George Washington as a drunk, coward, sexual pervert do in today's movie market??

They only problem with that "logic" is that we know George Washington was a real historical verifiable person, not so with characters portrayed in the bible.

Heck, the Noah I learned about didn't have a magic sword ...

And what's with god throwing a tantrum and killing off every human on the planet? Never mind that he really needs to grow up and take resonsibility for his anger issues, that also means the bible lies about us all being descendants of Adam and Eve. If the bible doesn't lie, we're are actually descendants of Noah.

Thats a fascinating story in of itself. Noah had a Black child. I wonder how that happened if he and his wife were not Black?

Noah is depicted as a psychopathic maniac. How would a movie about George Washington as a drunk, coward, sexual pervert do in today's movie market??

They only problem with that "logic" is that we know George Washington was a real historical verifiable person, not so with characters portrayed in the bible.

FOOLS try to deny the truth of God's word!!!! and you??

I wouldn't go see it if someone paid me to....what do you expect from what I hear is an atheist God hater director? And they try to compare this with other Christian movies like Passion of the Christ....really sad!

So there!

Guess you told them.

I won't see it either but neither of us will be missed. It was #1 this weekend because, apparently, a lot of people like bible-based fairy tales. :cuckoo:

Go cash your welfare check bitch.

Forum List

Back