The New Witch Hunt-From Salem 1692 to the Hysteria Over Gay Rights and Marriage Today

Dear ProgressivePatriot
RE: "
Are YOU aware of the fact that when you speak of “healing “with respect to changing sexual orientation from gay to straight that you are being ignorant and bigoted towards gays?"

NO because
1. it does not apply to people who are already how they are naturally and aren't going to change.
2. it EQUALLY applies to people who WERE male and came out female or who WERE heterosexual and came out homosexual.

I am NOT excluding anyone's experience or path and NOT "forcing" this on anyone. My whole point is that spiritual healing is NOT forced on anyone, and is the same process used when people come out EITHER gay OR straight OR transgender etc.
Completely by free and natural choice or it isn't real.

Ironically PP you are the only one I see being EXCLUSIVE.

Because YOU are saying that NO CASES of homosexuality can change and it's NEVER a choice.

I didn't exclude cases where people don't change, but YOU EXCLUDED cases where people did.

Do you have any idea how offensively wrong that is to deny the experiences of people who HAVE changed?

I wasn't denying anything about people who are naturally transgendered, gay etc.

You were the only one being exclusive here, do you recognize that?

That I *AM* accommodating all the cases, but YOU were not. YOU were excluding as if those people's experiences don't exist and don't count!
It's apparent that you STILL do not get the concept that sexual orientation and "lifestyle " are different things. Look, any competent adult who is gay thinks that they want to change is free to try, and it will likely end badly and unhappily if they are in fact truly gay. However, no one need your preaching about spiritual healing.

Dear ProgressivePatriot
We are clearly talking about two different things, and even two or four different sets of people.

Here, I made a chart for you to compare all the cases I am including vs. you:
View attachment 84985

As for people changing their lifestyle on the outside
vs changing their orientation on the inside,
Do you say this about people who came out homosexual?
That they only changed their outside lifestyle?

The transgender friend who came out to me online
changed internally, forgave and let go all the anger rejection
and resentment about Christianity teaching negative things
about homosexuality and gender. And only after totally
changing perspectives and coming out as "her true self"
THEN "she" changed her outward appearance and way of identifying.

So this internal change happened first as the real key change.
It isn't just dressing up on the outside.

If you can understand this, with a transgender person,
could you understand the similar process when someone
changes from formerly identifying as homosexual,
then changing inside and out to embracing their natural
self as heterosexual?

Does this help? Thanks ProgressivePatriot

If you can be openminded that Transgender and Homosexual
people cannot help but be how they are, when they come out as themselves,
why can't we also include people who come out as straight after living as gay?
No it does not help. Give it a rest. You are so tedious !!

I'm expected to support two dudes "right" to disgust and confuse small children, and to support a woman's "right" to murder a child at her convenience, but I can't legally sit down and smoke a joint.
I'm expected to support your right to smoke a joint, when you would try to deny other peoples right to be who they are and live their lives as they wish by spreading hatful and stupid bigoted bovine excrement about them. You are confused, not the children.

I'm expected to support two dudes "right" to disgust and confuse small children, and to support a woman's "right" to murder a child at her convenience, but I can't legally sit down and smoke a joint.
I'm expected to support your right to smoke a joint, when you would try to deny other peoples right to be who they are and live their lives as they wish by spreading hatful and stupid bigoted bovine excrement about them. You are confused, not the children.

And herein lies the impasse; people who place manufactured rights over natural rights, and then decide in their heads that they are right and the world is wrong (but mostly the latter).

If you have to pay money for the "right" to do something, it is no longer a right, but a privilege.

For example: Marriage is a privilege, not a right.

Dear ProgressivePatriot
Are YOU aware of the fact that when you speak of “healing “with respect to changing sexual orientation from gay to straight that you are being ignorant and bigoted towards gays?"

NO because
1. it does not apply to people who are already how they are naturally and aren't going to change.
2. it EQUALLY applies to people who WERE male and came out female or who WERE heterosexual and came out homosexual.

I am NOT excluding anyone's experience or path and NOT "forcing" this on anyone. My whole point is that spiritual healing is NOT forced on anyone, and is the same process used when people come out EITHER gay OR straight OR transgender etc.

Because YOU are saying that NO CASES of homosexuality can change and it's NEVER a choice.

I didn't exclude cases where people don't change, but YOU EXCLUDED cases where people did.

Do you have any idea how offensively wrong that is to deny the experiences of people who HAVE changed?

I wasn't denying anything about people who are naturally transgendered, gay etc.

That I *AM* accommodating all the cases, but YOU were not. YOU were excluding as if those people's experiences don't exist and don't count!
It's apparent that you STILL do not get the concept that sexual orientation and "lifestyle " are different things. Look, any competent adult who is gay thinks that they want to change is free to try, and it will likely end badly and unhappily if they are in fact truly gay. However, no one need your preaching about spiritual healing.

Dear ProgressivePatriot
We are clearly talking about two different things, and even two or four different sets of people.

View attachment 84985

self as heterosexual?

What is "tedious" about comparing your two points to my four points:

YOU:
1. Only tolerate assertion that
"Homosexuality is NEVER a choice that can be changed"

2. While assuming
"Religious Beliefs ARE ALWAYS a choice that can be changed."

ME:
I Support 1 and 2 as true for some people, so I INCLUDE your 2 points.

And also ADD 3 and 4 as true for some people.

3. Homosexuality/Orientation CAN be changed for SOME people

4. Some people CANNOT help or change their religious beliefs

ProgressivePatriot

Do you understand that
* I include all 4 views as possible
* YOU exclude 2
then YOU accuse ME of being offensive or somehow DEFICIENT, IGNORANT or lacking in intellectual honesty or capacity.

Why?

For being MORE OPENMINDED THAN YOU? For INCLUDING twice as many positions that cover ALL cases? While you leave out people who don't agree with you?

WHAT??

Dear ProgressivePatriot

NO because

Dear ProgressivePatriot

View attachment 84985

self as heterosexual?

What is "tedious" about comparing your two points to my four points:

YOU:
1. Only tolerate assertion that
"Homosexuality is NEVER a choice that can be changed"

2. While assuming
"Religious Beliefs ARE ALWAYS a choice that can be changed."

ME:
I Support 1 and 2 as true for some people, so I INCLUDE your 2 points.

And also ADD 3 and 4 as true for some people.

3. Homosexuality/Orientation CAN be changed for SOME people

4. Some people CANNOT help or change their religious beliefs

ProgressivePatriot

Do you understand that
* I include all 4 views as possible
* YOU exclude 2
then YOU accuse ME of being offensive or somehow DEFICIENT, IGNORANT or lacking in intellectual honesty or capacity.

Why?

For being MORE OPENMINDED THAN YOU? For INCLUDING twice as many positions that cover ALL cases? While you leave out people who don't agree with you?

WHAT??
I didn't say that religion is always a choice. I said that it can more easily be shown to be a choice than homosexuality can be. I also have said that for some people- people who have changed religion- it is clearly a choice.

In addition, the vast consensus and social scientist is that sexual orientation is fixed. You are just to dense and stubborn to try to understand that people can and do change lifestyle choices in terms of which gender they get romantically involved with at a particular point in time, but that does not mean that the sexual orientation has changed.

For some reason, you want to push the idea that homosexuality is a choice. I don't know what you motive is but I have found that most who do- do it as a subtle way of de-legitimizing homosexuality and the rights that gays have won, and making seem like a frivolous undertaking. This is pointless and ridiculous . End of discussion.

And herein lies the impasse; people who place manufactured rights over natural rights, and then decide in their heads that they are right and the world is wrong (but mostly the latter).

If you have to pay money for the "right" to do something, it is no longer a right, but a privilege.

More bloviated bovine excrement. Your saying that smoking dope is a natural right, but marrying the person who your are romantically and sexually attracted to is not? In any case, it is now a constitutional right, so deal with it. The right to equality is ingrained in the Constitution and our the principles underlying our Constitutional Republic. Not "manufactured at all.

As far as marriage being a privilege goes, that is even more ridiculous. The fact you have to buy a license does not mean that it's not a right. Gun wielding amosexuals have to pay for a license to buy or carry but you still hear them blathering about how they have a right to do so.

Let us put aside for a moment the fact that the Supreme Court has, on numerous occasions, said that marriage is a right. However, a brief review is in order:

In Turner v Safley (1987), the Court refused to apply strict scutiny to a Missouri prison regulation prohibiting inmates from marrying, absent a compelling reason. Instead, the Court found the regulation failed to meet even a lowered standard of "reasonableness" that it said it would apply in evaluating the constitutionality of prison regulations.

http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/conlaw/righttomarry.htm

This is why even the likes of Charles Manson, a mass murderer who stand little chance of ever getting out of prison was granted permission to marry ( Subsequently the blushing bride came to her senses and the deal was off) Yet, until recently, two people who desired and were committed to each other, but happened to be of the same gender could not marry. How does that make sense?

But, let’s focus on the meaning of the words -rights and privileges rather than the legal aspects. If marriage is not a right as some contend, then it is a privilege. There are no other possibilities. So then what is a privilege? I submit to you that a privilege is something that must be earned- something that you must demonstrate a degree of competence to engage in. Driving is a privilege.

As for marriage, there is no such requirement. One must simply meet certain criteria – age, ability to consent, not to closely related, and until recently, being of the opposite sex. There is no test to take, no requirement that they prove that they will be a good spouse or that they “deserve” to be married. They can take for granted that they will be allowed to marry as long as they meet those very minimal criteria. The fact that a license is required does not, in itself make it a privilege. The license only serves to ensure that those minimal requirements are met.

Now, one can lose both rights and privileges under certain circumstances but the bar is set much higher for revoking a right than it is for revoking a privilege. In the case of driving, if you are irresponsible and have accidents and get tickets, or if you have a medical condition that renders you unsafe, your driving privileges can be revoked often by administrative process for which you have no appeal.. On the other hand, while you have the right to your freedom, that to can be forfeited, but only if you are afforded due process in a court of law, convicted beyond a reasonable doubt of a serious crime, and exhaust your appeals.

In the case of marriage, no third party can nullify it, not the government of anyone else for “not being good at it” or breaking the rules. The government only step in and revoke your marriage if it is found that you misrepresented your eligibility based on the aforementioned minimum criteria. Otherwise, the only role for government is to mediate and ultimately grant the desolation of the marriage. Marriage is clearly a right.

Maybe you have something to say about this- that clearly shows that the witch hunt continues:

Right-Wing Pastor: Satan Is Staging A 'Homosexual Invasion' From The White House
Submitted by Miranda Blue on Monday, 8/8/2016 4:56 pm
In a sermon on “the deception of the homosexual agenda” at last month’s “Summer of Justice” event in Wichita, Kansas, Bishop Otis Kenner of Louisiana declared that Satan is staging a “homosexual invasion” to stop God from taking dominion over the earth and that the “devil” in the White House is in on it.

Kenner, who also addressed the crowd on the evils of suffragist Susan B. Anthony and women in the workplace, declared that Satan has “devised a system” using gay people to stop God’s “colonization of the earth realm” through procreation.

Because the homosexuals know that they cannot procreate, so they take our innocent sons and daughters through adoption … to try to stop the colonization of God in the earth realm,” he said. He then spoke as Satan: “‘If I can get into their minds, if I can get into their spirit, then I can break the process of God, stop the procreation process of God and the colonization of the earth realm and make more just like them.’ It’s about them colonizing the earth with their own kind.”

Read more: http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/right-wing-pastor-satan-staging-homosexual
invasion-white-house -
Do you agree with this mindless and bizarre rant?

Noting that the decision was handed down on June 26 of last year, he pointed out that the date included “two sixes, which means 666, the Mark of the Beast.”

“They legitimize same-sex marriages and they light the White House up with the gay pride colors to signify Satan is sitting at the seat of power,” he said.

“Will you vote for the devil because he showed up black?” Kenner said he had asked his congregation, clarifying that he wasn’t calling President Obama the devil, just that “what he did was the devil.”
These people are just sick as are those who listen to them.

God will put an end to same sex marriage. His word assures--any who practice it will not enter his kingdom--they should put their choice on a scale of reality

on one side--70-90 years of temporary pleasure----or trillions x trillions x trillions, etc of never ending years of pleasure---they made the wrong choice as most have.-1Cor 6:9-11
:confused-84::disagree::link:

unfortunately, those who do not know God will agree with your side.

Those who have the arrogance to believe that they know god, and that she is a bigot, may well be in for a rude awakening on judgement day. God made gay people just like she made you.

Religion is a choice as is hatred and intolerance. Being gay is not.

God doesn't hate gays--He says no gay sex is allowed--just like no sex out of marriage is allowed. It doesnt mean an iota what a mortal thinks about it. God owns every iota of all creation. He set the rules. Being gay may not be a choice, but practicing gay sex is, just like a man and a woman having sex out of marriage, they do it by choice, by using their free will to stand in opposition to God, and he says all that practice those things, will NOT enter his kingdom. 1Cor 6:9-11
Many know lots about God from his written word.
All who actually love God and Jesus, knows Jesus taught--man does not live by bread alone, but by every utterance from God= OT-NT--Years of study. Few bother.

God will put an end to same sex marriage. His word assures--any who practice it will not enter his kingdom--they should put their choice on a scale of reality

on one side--70-90 years of temporary pleasure----or trillions x trillions x trillions, etc of never ending years of pleasure---they made the wrong choice as most have.-1Cor 6:9-11
:confused-84::disagree::link:

unfortunately, those who do not know God will agree with your side.

Those who have the arrogance to believe that they know god, and that she is a bigot, may well be in for a rude awakening on judgement day. God made gay people just like she made you.

Religion is a choice as is hatred and intolerance. Being gay is not.

God doesn't hate gays--He says no gay sex is allowed--just like no sex out of marriage is allowed. It doesnt mean an iota what a mortal thinks about it. God owns every iota of all creation. He set the rules. Being gay may not be a choice, but practicing gay sex is, just like a man and a woman having sex out of marriage, they do it by choice, by using their free will to stand in opposition to God, and he says all that practice those things, will NOT enter his kingdom. 1Cor 6:9-11
Many know lots about God from his written word.
All who actually love God and Jesus, knows Jesus taught--man does not live by bread alone, but by every utterance from God= OT-NT--Years of study. Few bother.
Please - spare me the bible thumping. I could care less.

More Witch Hunting:

In Their Own Words: Meet Donald Trump And Marco Rubio's Unhinged Anti-LGBT Allies http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/their-own-words-meet-donald-trump-and-marco-rubios-unhinged-anti-lgbt-allies

Submitted by Brian Tashman on Wednesday, 8/10/2016 3:30 pm

Following the mass shooting at a gay nightclub in Orlando in June, Florida Republican Sen. Marco Rubio said he was so affected by the tragedy that he changed his mind and decided to run for re-election to the U.S. Senate, while Donald Trump claimed that he would best represent the LGBT community by opposing Muslim immigration.

“Ask the gays” who their true friend is, Trump said.

Now, Trump and Rubio are both set to appear in Orlando two months after the Pulse nightclub shooting.

But rather than stand in solidarity with the LGBT community, as they pledged to do, they will be addressing a summit on the dangers of “homosexual totalitarianism” organized by some of the country’s most extreme anti-LGBT activists.

While Rubio has denied that the “Rediscovering God in America” event has anything to do with LGBT issues, its chief organizer, David Lane of the American Renewal Project, said explicitly that the gathering will focus on how LGBT equality endangers religious liberty.

If you don't see the difference between burning perceived evil at the stake and a fight against being forced to redefine marriage then you're out of your mind.

Witches weren't trying to force their values on people. Heck, they didn't even really exist there.

There is a huge difference between criminal punishment for behavior and retaining civil traditions and values. The two aren't even comparable

It would appear that you didn’t read my post very carefully, or understand it very well. The point is that the same mind set, the same dynamics are involved when a minority is demonized and vilified, whether or not it involves actual violence against them. I call it the continuum of intolerance. They are not distinct or mutually exclusive issues. And by the way, acts of violence have been committed against LGBT people in this country and even more so in other parts of the world.

Secondly, if you want to say that marriage has been redefined you are perfectly welcome to do so. I prefer to say that it was simply broadened to include another group. It really doesn’t matter. These are just words. The fact is that anyone who still believes that marriage is between a man and a woman is free to continue to do so and act accordingly. Everyone defines the meaning of marriage for themselves. Those who are so bothered by it being more inclusive need to take a good hard look at their own relationships to try to understand why they are so threatened by why other people do.

You’re right to say that Witches- who were indeed real in the minds of the colonist- were not “forcing their values on anyone", but neither are gays. Anyone who is so weak minded as to let someone else influence what they think and believe has serious problems.

In addition, the behavior and tactics that I have documented go beyond voicing opposition to same sex marriage. If they had a legitimate argument against it, they would be able to oppose it in a civil manner. Instead, they resort to lies and distortions, intended to drive gay people back into the shadows.

Lastly, you mentioned “a huge difference between criminal punishment for behavior and retaining civil traditions and values.” Let me remind you that these same right wing nuts that I have highlighted here do in fact bemoan the decriminalization of homosexuality. Again, the rhetoric goes way beyond opposition to marriage equality. And as far as values go, logical fallacies in the form of an appeal to tradition do not work-either philosophically or legally.
Redefining marriage and penalizing people for refusing to participate in gay "marriage" IS an attempt to force your values on others....in this case the entire world.

Trying to compare the tireless efforts of workers for the gay agenda to a blip in history is ridiculous.

If you don't see the difference between burning perceived evil at the stake and a fight against being forced to redefine marriage then you're out of your mind.

Witches weren't trying to force their values on people. Heck, they didn't even really exist there.

There is a huge difference between criminal punishment for behavior and retaining civil traditions and values. The two aren't even comparable

It would appear that you didn’t read my post very carefully, or understand it very well. The point is that the same mind set, the same dynamics are involved when a minority is demonized and vilified, whether or not it involves actual violence against them. I call it the continuum of intolerance. They are not distinct or mutually exclusive issues. And by the way, acts of violence have been committed against LGBT people in this country and even more so in other parts of the world.

Secondly, if you want to say that marriage has been redefined you are perfectly welcome to do so. I prefer to say that it was simply broadened to include another group. It really doesn’t matter. These are just words. The fact is that anyone who still believes that marriage is between a man and a woman is free to continue to do so and act accordingly. Everyone defines the meaning of marriage for themselves. Those who are so bothered by it being more inclusive need to take a good hard look at their own relationships to try to understand why they are so threatened by why other people do.

You’re right to say that Witches- who were indeed real in the minds of the colonist- were not “forcing their values on anyone", but neither are gays. Anyone who is so weak minded as to let someone else influence what they think and believe has serious problems.

In addition, the behavior and tactics that I have documented go beyond voicing opposition to same sex marriage. If they had a legitimate argument against it, they would be able to oppose it in a civil manner. Instead, they resort to lies and distortions, intended to drive gay people back into the shadows.

Lastly, you mentioned “a huge difference between criminal punishment for behavior and retaining civil traditions and values.” Let me remind you that these same right wing nuts that I have highlighted here do in fact bemoan the decriminalization of homosexuality. Again, the rhetoric goes way beyond opposition to marriage equality. And as far as values go, logical fallacies in the form of an appeal to tradition do not work-either philosophically or legally.
Redefining marriage and penalizing people for refusing to participate in gay "marriage" IS an attempt to force your values on others....in this case the entire world.

Trying to compare the tireless efforts of workers for the gay agenda to a blip in history is ridiculous.

God gave all--free will.( freedom) Men dying does not give men freedom--its a pure lie--God already gave it--those who allow men to try and take their freedom are weak. But as well along with that free will, God set forth the rules. It doesn't matter what men say, it matters what God says FIRST always. He is the sole owner of all creation.
He warned us about believing men who promise freedom at 2Peter 2:19

? What the fuck are you blathering about??!! Force values on others? That is just as stupid as stupid gets. Tell me Bubba, how does a gay couple getting married effect YOU and your values and lifestyle in any way whatsoever. ?

This thread is about the denigration and oppression of people because of their sexual orientation or gender identity. Please explain to us how and why, in the United States of America, in the year 2016, that is in any way just or acceptable. Why do you hate the constitution and our system of laws and justice based on the rule of law?

Last edited:

? What the fuck are you blathering about??!! Force values on others? That is just as stupid as stupid gets. Tell me Bubba, how does a gay couple getting married effect YOU and your values and lifestyle in any way whatsoever. ?

This thread is about the denigration and oppression of people because of their sexual orientation or gender identity. Please explain to us how and why, in the United States of America, in the year 2016, that is in any way just or acceptable. Why do you hate the constitution and our system of laws and justice based on the rule of law?

The only responsibility a Christian has to one standing in opposition to Gods will is basically show them what they chose

70-90 years of temporary pleasure now living for flesh satisfaction----- or trillions x trillions x trillions of never ending years of pleasures in Gods kingdom by living now to do Gods will. God set the choice before all-Deut 30:19--Life or Death--both will be everlasting. 99% chose wrong.

The only responsibility a Christian has to one standing in opposition to Gods will is basically show them what they chose

70-90 years of temporary pleasure now living for flesh satisfaction----- or trillions x trillions x trillions of never ending years of pleasures in Gods kingdom by living now to do Gods will. God set the choice before all-Deut 30:19--Life or Death--both will be everlasting. 99% chose wrong.
:confused-84::confused-84::confused-84:

There is nothing funny about the facts I share--it is a very sad reality for this satan ruled world.

There is nothing funny about the facts I share--it is a very sad reality for this satan ruled world.
:dance:

So I see you stand for patriotism--you must have missed this--Rev 16-- every kingdom( govt, armies, supporters) on earth will be mislead to stand in opposition to Gods king--Why???? patriotism.

So I see you stand for patriotism--you must have missed this--Rev 16-- every kingdom( govt, armies, supporters) on earth will be mislead to stand in opposition to Gods king--Why???? patriotism.
I do indeed stand for patriotism. Patriotism consists of putting the Constitution first. It consists of supporting and defending a secular government that upholds and respects the first amendment: Congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of religion......"

Rev 16? Does not compute whatsoever.

I do indeed stand for patriotism. Patriotism consists of putting the Constitution first. It consists of supporting and defending a secular government that upholds and respects the first amendment: Congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of religion......"

Rev 16? Does not compute whatsoever.

It will because its coming. These are the end of these last days. Its very sad where you stand, giving up life everlasting for what--corrupt govt? Not a very wise decision.

Forum List

Back