The Nuking of Nagasaki: Even More Immoral and Unnecessary than Hiroshima

If Japan had refused to submit despite us bombing them, we would have invaded.

That's why we dropped the atomic bombs on military targets.
For Christ sake…we gave them two days to decide

We had all the time on our side
Deciding to kill an extra 400,000 was not necessary

The Japanese had, in fact, already sued for peace. The atomic bomb played no decisive part, from a purely military point of view, in the defeat of Japan.
— Fleet Admiral Chester W. Nimitz, Commander in Chief of the U.S. Pacific Fleet, [91]
Nimitz was pretty goofy. Japan didn't sue for peace until after both atomic bombs had already been dropped.

For Christ sake…we gave them two days to decide
Two days too many. Three seconds was more than enough time.

Japan should be glad that I wasn't in charge of planning the bombing.

We had all the time on our side
We weren't interested in waiting.

Deciding to kill an extra 400,000 was not necessary
If that is supposed to be the Nagasaki death toll, you accidentally added a zero.

If that is supposed to be the number of Americans killed in the invasion, like I said, we were not interested in waiting.

"the overwhelming historical evidence from American and Japanese archives indicates that Japan would have surrendered that August, even if atomic bombs had not been used — and documents prove that President Truman and his closest advisors knew it."
Wrong again. No such documents exist,

The fact that we expected the Soviet entry into the war to be a blow to Japanese morale is in no way evidence that we could see into the future and know that the war would end at that moment.

We had no idea what it would take to make Japan surrender.

Gar Alperovitz is a known fraud by the way. So not exactly a credible source.

"Truman knew that the Japanese were searching for a way to end the war; he had referred to Togo’s intercepted July 12 cable as the “telegram from the Jap emperor asking for peace.”"
"MacArthur thought the use of atomic bombs was inexcusable. "
"Before the bombings, Eisenhower had urged at Potsdam, “the Japanese were ready to surrender and it wasn’t necessary to hit them with that awful thing.”"
More pathetic whining.

If Japan wanted out of the war, they were free to surrender at any time.

Japan was the one who chose to wait until after both atomic bombs had been dropped before surrendering.

Two days too many. Three seconds was more than enough time.

Japan should be glad that I wasn't in charge of planning the bombing.

We weren't interested in waiting.

If that is supposed to be the Nagasaki death toll, you accidentally added a zero.

If that is supposed to be the number of Americans killed in the invasion, like I said, we were not interested in waiting.
We had a bomb
Nobody on earth had any

Time was on our side
No need to slaughter additional civilians

Wrong again. No such documents exist,

The fact that we expected the Soviet entry into the war to be a blow to Japanese morale is in no way evidence that we could see into the future and know that the war would end at that moment.

We had no idea what it would take to make Japan surrender.

Gar Alperovitz is a known fraud by the way. So not exactly a credible source.

More pathetic whining.

If Japan wanted out of the war, they were free to surrender at any time.

Japan was the one who chose to wait until after both atomic bombs had been dropped before surrendering.
Oh look you posted just empty claims again

HAHAHAHAHA

We had a bomb
Nobody on earth had any

Time was on our side
No need to slaughter additional civilians
We were not interested in giving Japan a break to rest up and recover between blows. We were going to keep pounding them until they surrendered.

It's fun to.post things and not have to.prove them
HAHAHAHAHA
Do calendars really confuse you that much?

August 6: Hiroshima

August 9: Nagasaki

August 10: Japan's first attempt to surrender.

You can't tell what the order of events was?

Oh look you posted just empty claims again
HAHAHAHAHA
You cannot point out any empty claims in any of my posts.

Do calendars really confuse you that much?

August 6: Hiroshima

August 9: Nagasaki

August 10: Japan's first attempt to surrender.

You can't tell what the order of events was?

You cannot point out any empty claims in any of my posts.
Did you say something?

I dont care

We were not interested in giving Japan a break to rest up and recover between blows. We were going to keep pounding them until they surrendered.

Very true
We were willing to kill hundreds of thousands of civilians

Doesn’t make it right

The Japanese had, in fact, already sued for peace. The atomic bomb played no decisive part, from a purely military point of view, in the defeat of Japan.

— Fleet Admiral Chester W. Nimitz, Commander in Chief of the U.S. Pacific Fleet, [91]
They did? Link to the official document meeting or memorandum from the Japanese Government.

Forum List

Back