The numbers prove it: The GOP is estranged from America

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
"In my decades of polling, I recall only one moment when a party had been driven as far from the center as the Republican Party has been today.

"The outsize influence of hard-line elements in the party base is doing to the GOP what supporters of Gene McCarthy and George McGovern did to the Democratic Party in the late 1960s and early 1970s — radicalizing its image and standing in the way of its revitalization."

Link to full article:

The numbers prove it: The Republican Party is estranged from America - The Washington Post

Yet if one were to survey the posts on this forum, one might conclude that ultra conservatives were mainstream, a concept many self-described conservatives who post here daily actually believe. I believe that most of the members of this board who fit this mold will eschew the link, for denial is a powerful emotion; and I and anyone who criticizes the ultra conservative dogma are immediately attacked and labeled a libtard or a RINO. Introspection is not something those on the right ever seem to utilize and that may explain the decline of the Republican brand.

"In my decades of polling, I recall only one moment when a party had been driven as far from the center as the Republican Party has been today.

"The outsize influence of hard-line elements in the party base is doing to the GOP what supporters of Gene McCarthy and George McGovern did to the Democratic Party in the late 1960s and early 1970s — radicalizing its image and standing in the way of its revitalization."

Link to full article:

The numbers prove it: The Republican Party is estranged from America - The Washington Post

Yet if one were to survey the posts on this forum, one might conclude that ultra conservatives were mainstream, a concept many self-described conservatives who post here daily actually believe. I believe that most of the members of this board who fit this mold will eschew the link, for denial is a powerful emotion; and I and anyone who criticizes the ultra conservative dogma are immediately attacked and labeled a libtard or a RINO. Introspection is not something those on the right ever seem to utilize and that may explain the decline of the Republican brand.

Conservatives love the USA, but hate half of the people in it.

The Tea Party is like having people from the 1950s show up and start whining about all the changes. The positive changes, that is.

The numbers prove it?

The House, the peoples' House is Republican.

That's the only number that matters.

Link to full article:

Having reread this post, I still find its purpose elusive. Other than a pathetic attempt at self-assurance, what is its point? Repetitive name calling ("ultra conservative") without any factual presentation is mindlessly juvenile. Greater voter turnout by the least educated elements of our citizenry is hardly cause for celebration.

The numbers prove it?

The House, the peoples' House is Republican.

That's the only number that matters.

Yes, the House stayed GOP...despite over a million more people voting for Democrats than Republicans. Interesting how that happens isn't it?

Yes, the numbers prove it. The GOP has an approval rating hovering around cockroaches and gonorrhea... but they don't seem to care. They just keep doubling down on the bullshit that lost them the WH.

come on now, the WashingtonCompost says it, it's true true true

what, we've now had about 100 threads on this same thing..

must not be anything else to shove in people's face

30 states are controlled by republicans. That's how far they got from the center.

They represent acres of farmland more than people. Look at an electoral map of Ohio in the 2008 & 2012 Presidential elections. It looks like the GOP dominates there. But the counties that voted for Obama are where most of the people in Ohio live.

30 states are controlled by republicans. That's how far they got from the center.

They represent acres of farmland more than people. Look at an electoral map of Ohio in the 2008 & 2012 Presidential elections. It looks like the GOP dominates there. But the counties that voted for Obama are where most of the people in Ohio live.

Most of the poor black people who committed fraud to get Obama elected, is what you mean. Yes, the Democrats represent the party of fraud and race baiting.

Well, it does appear that the GOP is just going to apply more lipstick to the pig. Guess we will see how this works out for them in 2014.

The GOP suffers when they try to be Dem-lite. They do fine when they stick to conservative principles.

They do fine when they stick to conservative principles? Has that even been practiced by the right yet? What are conservative principles? Sandra Fluke? Gay marriage? Voter I.D.? Flag burning? Prayer in school? Increased defense spending? The GOP has been pretending to be about small government for decades, but few of their policies have ever reflected that.

Most of the poor black people who committed fraud to get Obama elected, is what you mean. Yes, the Democrats represent the party of fraud and race baiting.

Yep, poor black people voted Obama into office. I love it. It wasn't fraudulent though. It was quite legitimate, and understandable, considering the hatred and antipathy that conservative whites feel towards their fellow Americans who are poor and black.

Yep, poor black people voted Obama into office. I love it. It wasn't fraudulent though. It was quite legitimate, and understandable, considering the hatred and antipathy that conservative whites feel towards their fellow Americans who are poor and black.

okey dokey, it did them a lot of good, unemployment for them is higher than 8%. but at least they voted for Obama

Forum List

Back