"The Obamacare implosion is worse than you think"

Sen. Udall Under Fire For Attempting To Alter ObamaCare Cancellation Numbers

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_5ba63rIyA]KOAA-CO: Sen. Udall Under Fire For Attempting To Alter ObamaCare Cancellation Numbers - YouTube[/ame]

The state small business exchanges are beginning to generate news but I thought they had been postponed until after the election, anyone know the facts?

3-130114095258.jpeg

The state small business exchanges are beginning to generate news but I thought they had been postponed until after the election, anyone know the facts?

Deadlines are postponed until after the election but businesses have to think ahead. It should be big news in October.

Wait, state small business exchanges? I'm not familiar with news on state exchanges. Do you have a link?

Last edited:

Deadlines are postponed until after the election but businesses have to think ahead. It should be big news in October.

Wait, state small business exchanges? I'm not familiar with news on state exchanges. Do you have a link?
No, I don't do links, I figure they are a transitional technology, I began working in electronics in 1970 and quickly learned that all technology is transitional. Two mnemonics for the resistor color code are still rattling around in my brain including at least three others for less common audiences I have thankfully forgotten. The one for women peers is "Batman blows robin on yonder Gotham's bridge violently giving way." the male peer one would offend you, the men and women suits plus customer varieties I gave thankfully forgotten. Now, they are mostly on ICs.

Evil Walmart?...

Walmart health plan is cheaper, offers more coverage than Obamacare

New Obamacare health insurance enrollees may feel a pang of envy when they eye the coverage plans offered by Walmart to its employees.

For many years, the giant discount retailer has been the target of unions and liberal activists who have harshly criticized the company's health care plans, calling them “notorious for failing to provide health benefits” and "substandard.”

But a Washington Examiner comparison of the two health insurance programs found that Walmart's plan is more affordable and provides significantly better access to high-quality medical care than Obamacare.

Independent insurance agents affiliated with the National Association of Health Underwriters and health policy experts compared the two at the request of the Examiner.

Walmart furnished employee benefit information to the Examiner. Neither Obamacare advocate Families USA nor the United Food and Commercial Workers, which backs anti-Walmart campaigns, responded to Examiner requests for comment.

Walmart offers its employees two standard plans, a Health Reimbursement Account and an alternative it calls "HRA High" that costs more out of employees' pockets but has lower deductibles. Blue Cross Blue Shield manages both plans nationally.

Also offered is a Health Savings Account plan that includes high deductibles but allows tax-free dollars to be used for coverage.

Click here to see an infographic comparing Obamacare's health access to Walmart's

For a monthly premium as low as roughly $40, an individual who is a Walmart HRA plan enrollee can obtain full-service coverage through a Blue Cross Blue Shield preferred provider organization. A family can get coverage for about $160 per month.

Unlike Obamacare, there are no income eligibility requirements. Age and gender do not alter premium rates. The company plan is the same for all of Walmart's 1.1 million enrolled employees and their dependents, from its cashiers to its CEO.

A Journal of the American Medical Association analysis from September showed that unsubsidized Obamacare enrollees will face monthly premiums that are five to nine times higher than Walmart premiums.

JAMA found the unsubsidized premium for a nonsmoking gouple age 60 can cost $1,365 per month versus the Walmart cost of about $134 for the same couple.

The medical journal reported a 30-year-old smoker would pay up to $428 per month, in contrast to roughly $70 each month for a Walmart employee.

A family of four could pay a $962 premium, but the same Walmart family member would pay about $160

Surprise! Walmart health plan is cheaper, offers more coverage than Obamacare | WashingtonExaminer.com

One of the traditional arguments against Wal-Mart was the workers were paid so little, they were depending on govt subsidies anyway, in addition to their salaries.

Did Wal-Mart reform their policies? How many of their employees receive additional public assistance? Is this included in this explanation of Wal-Mart's employment practices?

Evil Walmart?...

New Obamacare health insurance enrollees may feel a pang of envy when they eye the coverage plans offered by Walmart to its employees.

For many years, the giant discount retailer has been the target of unions and liberal activists who have harshly criticized the company's health care plans, calling them “notorious for failing to provide health benefits” and "substandard.”

But a Washington Examiner comparison of the two health insurance programs found that Walmart's plan is more affordable and provides significantly better access to high-quality medical care than Obamacare.

Independent insurance agents affiliated with the National Association of Health Underwriters and health policy experts compared the two at the request of the Examiner.

Walmart furnished employee benefit information to the Examiner. Neither Obamacare advocate Families USA nor the United Food and Commercial Workers, which backs anti-Walmart campaigns, responded to Examiner requests for comment.

Walmart offers its employees two standard plans, a Health Reimbursement Account and an alternative it calls "HRA High" that costs more out of employees' pockets but has lower deductibles. Blue Cross Blue Shield manages both plans nationally.

Also offered is a Health Savings Account plan that includes high deductibles but allows tax-free dollars to be used for coverage.

Click here to see an infographic comparing Obamacare's health access to Walmart's

For a monthly premium as low as roughly $40, an individual who is a Walmart HRA plan enrollee can obtain full-service coverage through a Blue Cross Blue Shield preferred provider organization. A family can get coverage for about $160 per month.

Unlike Obamacare, there are no income eligibility requirements. Age and gender do not alter premium rates. The company plan is the same for all of Walmart's 1.1 million enrolled employees and their dependents, from its cashiers to its CEO.

A Journal of the American Medical Association analysis from September showed that unsubsidized Obamacare enrollees will face monthly premiums that are five to nine times higher than Walmart premiums.

JAMA found the unsubsidized premium for a nonsmoking gouple age 60 can cost $1,365 per month versus the Walmart cost of about $134 for the same couple.

The medical journal reported a 30-year-old smoker would pay up to $428 per month, in contrast to roughly $70 each month for a Walmart employee.

A family of four could pay a $962 premium, but the same Walmart family member would pay about $160

Surprise! Walmart health plan is cheaper, offers more coverage than Obamacare | WashingtonExaminer.com

One of the traditional arguments against Wal-Mart was the workers were paid so little, they were depending on govt subsidies anyway, in addition to their salaries.

Did Wal-Mart reform their policies? How many of their employees receive additional public assistance? Is this included in this explanation of Wal-Mart's employment practices?

Government subsides need to be cut. It's not Walmarts fault the government hands out money to half the country..... They have good insurance though:cool:

Evil Walmart?...

Walmart is a retail store. You talk like a retail store needs highly paid professionals to stock the shelves, clean the floors, and cash people out at the door.

Last edited:

Second wave of health-insurance disruption affects small businesses - The Washington Post

When millions of health-insurance plans were canceled last fall, the Obama administration tried to be reassuring, saying the terminations affected only the small minority of Americans who bought individual policies.

But according to industry analysts, insurers and state regulators, the disruption will be far greater, potentially affecting millions of people who receive insurance through small employers by the end of 2014.

While some cancellation notices already have gone out, insurers say the bulk of the letters will be sent in October, shortly before the next open-enrollment period begins. The timing — right before the midterm elections — could be difficult for Democrats who are already fending off Republican attacks about the Affordable Care Act and its troubled rollout.

The impact of cancellations in the small-group market is expected to be less dramatic than in the individual market, partly because a higher percentage of small-business policies provide more generous benefits. Still, the changes being made by the insurance industry are leaving some small-business owners confused and disillusioned about the law — whether it is directly to blame for the changes or not.

If Obama hadn't lied so much and if Democrats and the media hadn't called me a racist for complaining about things which deserved to be complained about, I would be willing to help spread information which might help alleviate some of the confusion about Obamacare.

Oh wait, no, scratch that. If Obama hadn't lied so much, Obamacare wouldn't have passed. At least not in the present form. So I wouldn't need to help spread information to help people get past some of the confusion.

That said, I do have one friend who is in such dire straits because of her cancelled policy that I tried to help her get over her fears about the security issues of the healthcare.gov site so that maybe she would at least check to see if she can get something more affordable than she was left with. She has paid taxes all these years. If she can get some subsidies and help with deductibles, I want her to be able to take it even though Obama and the Democrats remain utter slime for forcing her into this position.

Last edited:
:lol:
A government report released Monday says Medicare is paying out-sized amounts for male vacuum erection systems compared to non-Medicare payers.

The inspector general for the Department of Health and Human Services found that Medicare payments for the devices remain “grossly excessive,” or more than twice as much as the Department of Veterans Affairs and consumers on the Internet pay.

:lol:
Medicare overpaying millions on 'erection pumps': report - Washington Times

The impact of cancellations in the small-group market is expected to be less dramatic than in the individual market, partly because a higher percentage of small-business policies provide more generous benefits. Still, the changes being made by the insurance industry are leaving some small-business owners confused and disillusioned about the law — whether it is directly to blame for the changes or not.

If Obama hadn't lied so much and if Democrats and the media hadn't called me a racist for complaining about things which deserved to be complained about, I would be willing to help spread information which might help alleviate some of the confusion about Obamacare.

Oh wait, no, scratch that. If Obama hadn't lied so much, Obamacare wouldn't have passed. At least not in the present form. So I wouldn't need to help spread information to help people get past some of the confusion.

That said, I do have one friend who is in such dire straits because of her cancelled policy that I tried to help her get over her fears about the security issues of the healthcare.gov site so that maybe she would at least check to see if she can get something more affordable than she was left with. She has paid taxes all these years. If she can get some subsidies and help with deductibles, I want her to be able to take it even though Obama and the Democrats remain utter slime for forcing her into this position.

No need to go to the government site, she can look for options by contacting an agent from here:

Agent Finder

OK, quick summary:

Reduce GDP by 6-8% through eliminating excess medical services.

Reduce estates and retirement by means of Medicaid subsidy liens against patients.

Reduction of contingent liabilities through waiting line deaths.

Increase revenues to healthcare insurance companies at the expense of all other forms of consumption.

reduce the availability of full time employment.

What's not to like.

No need to go to the government site, she can look for options by contacting an agent from here:

Agent Finder

Can she get a subsidy that way?

Agent Finder

Can she get a subsidy that way?

Any agent worth a damn can help her with all of it. It isn't nearly as complicated as everyone thinks.

Forum List

Back