The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question - Santy - because I know this of you and anyone else that wants to chimes in. A few of these women have guns in the house or own their own. Does owning/being familiar with guns give you a different perspective than if you had never seen one before and were completely unfamiliar?

I'm not Santa, but thought I would let you know that I am not a gun owner but I have been around guns before many times. It doesn't change my opinion on Zimmerman at all. The only gun we have is a little pellet gun. lol

I suppose you that watch the trial have noticed "In God We Trust" on the Great Seal of the State of Florida.

I would really question the one that keeps telling me that the defendant was lying over and over when I didn't see them produce any real evidence of such along with trying to appeal to my emotions rather than with real factual evidence.

Hopefully the jury will consider beyond a reasonable doubt as their decision. That is what we expect them to do consistently, be that a murder, rape, or child molestation. You either have the evidence or you don't. :eusa_angel: The only thing we do know for sure, the boy has a bullet in the heart from Zimmys gun as the evidence.

Zimmy's head injuries could have been self-inflected, so I don't see that as evidence for or against the victim or Zimmy.

Question - Santy - because I know this of you and anyone else that wants to chimes in. A few of these women have guns in the house or own their own. Does owning/being familiar with guns give you a different perspective than if you had never seen one before and were completely unfamiliar?

I'm not Santa, but thought I would let you know that I am not a gun owner but I have been around guns before many times. It doesn't change my opinion on Zimmerman at all. The only gun we have is a little pellet gun. lol

I think it may me because we've always had guns and that's what they're for - self defense. I don't know if I'd be more SHOCKED and gun disgusted bout this or if I was never around guns because I'm always around guns. lol

That didn't make any sense at all. Reed it beter than ey tipt it pleese

Ah now we're looking into the heart, the very soul, of George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin. That is the proof of who initiated the attack. Of course NONE of Trayvon Martin's history was allowed into the trial, so how do we know what his demeanor or thoughts likely were that night?

At least O'Mara said what I have been saying that everyone who is anyone started as a 'wannabe.'

The one thing I would have done differently was when the 'dummy' (the non living one) was brought in by the prosecution. Rather than shaking it by the shoulders, I would have used a fist and punched it in the nose. Neck arched, head would hit floor.

that should have been done.

I think it was Baden, forensic expert, that said last night--without knowing the angle? of the wrist--something to that effect--those demonstrations were inconclusive. that may not be an accurate summary--it was confusing to me--either side's use of the dummy.

'their little animation' clarified some points for me.

make it easier for me--not harder.

You do NOT want to fire a handgun one handed with your wrist bent. A 9mm likely wouldn't do too much damage, but I doubt you would ever do it a second time. I have a .44. If I was to fire that with a bent wrist, I would be typing with just my left hand for a month.

John Guy does not like demonstrative materials.

Given some of the shit they have pulled in this trial, none of the prosecution lawyers like practicing law.

I've said all along the prosecutors don't seem to have a sense of conviction in this case. That's why I think their presentation has been so lackluster. Bernie's vocal inflections during yesterday's closing were complete histrionics. He couldn't have done a worse acting job if he tried. Obviously he didn't even believe what he was saying. Pathetic, really, how this came to be.

I would really question the one that keeps telling me that the defendant was lying over and over when I didn't see them produce any real evidence of such along with trying to appeal to my emotions rather than with real factual evidence.

Hopefully the jury will consider beyond a reasonable doubt as their decision. That is what we expect them to do consistently, be that a murder, rape, or child molestation. You either have the evidence or you don't. :eusa_angel: The only thing we do know for sure, the boy has a bullet in the heart from Zimmys gun as the evidence.

Zimmy's head injuries could have been self-inflected, so I don't see that as evidence for or against the victim or Zimmy.

yet people were immediately there, and just before saw Martin on top of Zimmerman. Get real here, would you?

At least O'Mara said what I have been saying that everyone who is anyone started as a 'wannabe.'

The one thing I would have done differently was when the 'dummy' (the non living one) was brought in by the prosecution. Rather than shaking it by the shoulders, I would have used a fist and punched it in the nose. Neck arched, head would hit floor.

that should have been done.

I think it was Baden, forensic expert, that said last night--without knowing the angle? of the wrist--something to that effect--those demonstrations were inconclusive. that may not be an accurate summary--it was confusing to me--either side's use of the dummy.

'their little animation' clarified some points for me.

make it easier for me--not harder.

You do NOT want to fire a handgun one handed with your wrist bent. A 9mm likely wouldn't do too much damage, but I doubt you would ever do it a second time. I have a .44. If I was to fire that with a bent wrist, I would be typing with just my left hand for a month.

??--I'll take your word for that. I got lost --badly--during that part.

I can only assume this will be an issue for some jurors--'What were they talking about?'--the woman with the CCP may be able to explain.

Lol, a blatant troll post.

Could injuries be self inflicted, any thing is possible, but direct and scientific evidence supports the account of GZ. None of the evidence points toward being self inflicted. Could have been is not acceptable standard in court of law.

For what it's worth, my opinion is that the 1st order of business after choosing the forewoman will be to take a vote whether GZ acted in self-defense. If all say yes, then we will have a swift verdict.

This is the only just verdict since there is no evidence of either M2 or manslaughter. If there are any holdouts, it may take some time for the others to point out all the evidence there is to support GZ's account of what happened, but I don't think it will take long.

If there is justice in this world, the jurors will all be sleeping in their own beds tonight and GZ will get his bond money back. I expect justice to be a swift and absolute not guilty verdict.

I used to have that kind of faith in our legal system. Your prediction would have been a near absolute a few decades ago. But after so many miscarriages of justice, aka O.J. et al, I long ago gave up trying to predict what a jury these days will decide.

But we can hope. . . .

Again I don't know whether Zimmerman is completely innocent or is guilty of something, but nobody but him does know. And I sure don't think the prosecution has made any kind of case for guilt.

What bothers me the most is that the whole case is like extortion. The jury has to know that there is a strong possibility of riots and threats on their persons if they acquit Mr. Zimmerman.

Oh, yes definitely, IMO. Some people see guns as very scary...as if they will hurt you just sitting there. They don't go off by themselves.

Also, and most importantly, gun STORAGE and safety is unclear or totally misunderstood by non-gun owners. Responsible gun owners have gun safes and other means of keeping their weapons safe. I think most people do not understand the emphasis gun owners place on safety. There is a respect for the weapon that is not appreciated by those who do not own or use.

Don't you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back