The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, lets. Lets make law based on emotions instead of facts. It seems as if we already do, whaddya say folks?

We say it sounds like the OP isn’t happy with the responses in his inane ‘justice’ thread.

Besides, conservatives have been trying to base the law on emotion for decades, thankfully without success.

"The law will never make men free, it is men who have got to make the law free."

Henry David Thoreau

Last edited:
he also has a medical report stating it was broken, along with 2 black eyes the next day.

So what? It wouldn't be the first time that someone who started an altercation got their ass beat. In short, zimmerman initiated the contact by leaving his vehicle to continue his pursuit of Martin. If zimmerman kept his distance and waited for the police, this most likely would not have happened. zimmerman knew that he had a firearm, with that ownership comes responsibility to avoid situations where you may need to use that weapon. There was no threat from a guy who is trying to avoid you. There was no crime in progress that deemed it necessary for zimmerman to intervene.

Don't take this as me giving you hell. I really liked what O'Mara did today by sitting in silence for four minutes today. He didn't say a word and put the same thought in the head of the jurors that why wasn't he home. I'm not saying that's what happened, but they at least put that idea out there. The state didn't put anything out there.

Disagreeing with me and or showing me the other side of the story is not giving me hell. At least we can have a rational discussion/debate sans the other BS that some other people spew here. Kudos to you!

Now, on the flip side; that "four minutes" should have been used by the Prosecution to show that there was no reason for zimmerman to leave his vehicle and pursue Martin.

the notion you can't follow a suspected criminal in your neighborhood your private is horseshit

Last edited:
Does the outcome of this trial affect anyone other than George Zimmerman?

Seriously, what or why is there so much invested by anyone other than George Zimmerman?

I can understand what the friends and family of Trayvon Martin has invested, but I don't understand why so many people in the United States have so much riding on this one trial.

It would appear the we are quite an angry country and this trial exemplifies an unfairness that everyone resents. The illusion of fairness soothes people's fears and anxiety yet our definitions of fairness are quite different. So far we are only pissing and moaning about it.
Hopefully things don't get violent as they have in the past.

=
What law says GZ could not follow, watch or report TM??????????

The 2012 Florida Statutes

Title XLVI
CRIMES

Chapter 784
ASSAULT; BATTERY; CULPABLE NEGLIGENCE

View Entire Chapter
784.048 Stalking; definitions; penalties.—
(1) As used in this section, the term:
(a) “Harass” means to engage in a course of conduct directed at a specific person which causes substantial emotional distress to that person and serves no legitimate purpose.
(b) “Course of conduct” means a pattern of conduct composed of a series of acts over a period of time, however short, which evidences a continuity of purpose. The term does not include constitutionally protected activity such as picketing or other organized protests.

Legitimate purpose = Following a suspected criminal one has called 911 on.

What was "suspect" about him, walking down the street? What was "legitimate" about pursuing Martin and leaving his vehicle to pursue him? What was the "suspected" crime?

I watched that moment live man.

Notice how no one apologizes for this? Ever? All they ever do is justify it. Bastards.

because the country has accepted low expectations of behavior

What they did to Denny and what they got away with tells the story of today. And what is to come.

this why you never can let the government take away your 2nd amendment rights

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgCiC6qTtjs]LA Riots - Armed store owners deter rioters - YouTube[/ame]

the notion you can't follow a suspected criminal in your neighborhood your private gated community is horseshit

Trayvon never had a jail record so to say he was a "suspected Criminal" is HORSESHIT and IGNORANT to even suggest.

Does the outcome of this trial affect anyone other than George Zimmerman?

Seriously, what or why is there so much invested by anyone other than George Zimmerman?

I can understand what the friends and family of Trayvon Martin has invested, but I don't understand why so many people in the United States have so much riding on this one trial.

Why is anyone interested in the outcome of any trial? Because it sets a precedent for future trials. Verdicts are a compass of society's opinions. At least geographically.

In this case, if GZ can be found guilty of a trumped-up, politically-motivated charge that is unsupported by evidence, then anyone can. That is relevant to all of us.

Last edited:
So what? It wouldn't be the first time that someone who started an altercation got their ass beat. In short, zimmerman initiated the contact by leaving his vehicle to continue his pursuit of Martin. If zimmerman kept his distance and waited for the police, this most likely would not have happened. zimmerman knew that he had a firearm, with that ownership comes responsibility to avoid situations where you may need to use that weapon. There was no threat from a guy who is trying to avoid you. There was no crime in progress that deemed it necessary for zimmerman to intervene.

Don't take this as me giving you hell. I really liked what O'Mara did today by sitting in silence for four minutes today. He didn't say a word and put the same thought in the head of the jurors that why wasn't he home. I'm not saying that's what happened, but they at least put that idea out there. The state didn't put anything out there.

Disagreeing with me and or showing me the other side of the story is not giving me hell. At least we can have a rational discussion/debate sans the other BS that some other people spew here. Kudos to you!

Now, on the flip side; that "four minutes" should have been used by the Prosecution to show that there was no reason for zimmerman to leave his vehicle and pursue Martin.

Rational is when you aren't making shit up for an argument.

On the flip side, four minutes was all Martin needed to go home and remain alive instead of in a body bag.

the notion you can't follow a suspected criminal in your neighborhood your private is horseshit

THIS RIGHT HERE IS THE PROBLEM.

How is he a "suspected criminal"? Please...Please answer this one. Was Zimmerman in the same mindset as you?

Please tell me you dont carry.

=
The 2012 Florida Statutes

Title XLVI
CRIMES

Chapter 784
ASSAULT; BATTERY; CULPABLE NEGLIGENCE

View Entire Chapter
784.048 Stalking; definitions; penalties.—
(1) As used in this section, the term:
(a) “Harass” means to engage in a course of conduct directed at a specific person which causes substantial emotional distress to that person and serves no legitimate purpose.
(b) “Course of conduct” means a pattern of conduct composed of a series of acts over a period of time, however short, which evidences a continuity of purpose. The term does not include constitutionally protected activity such as picketing or other organized protests.

Legitimate purpose = Following a suspected criminal one has called 911 on.

What was "suspect" about him, walking down the street? What was "legitimate" about pursuing Martin and leaving his vehicle to pursue him? What was the "suspected" crime?

Zimmerman's testimony indicated Tryvon was in someone's side yard next to the window at her hi
ouse in the rain he was doing more than walking down the street

Martin attacked.
zimmerman escalated the situation when he left his vehicle so he could continue his puruit of Martin.

Which wasn't illegal.

Martin attacking was.

It's very sad that Martin's inability to control himself got himself killed. Very sad indeed. It is a tragedy.

However, it would be a travesty to put George Zimmerman in jail when he didn't commit a crime, based on an emotional reaction to a combative teenager dying.

GTFOH with that bullshit.

If somebody follows your ass and you did nothing wrong you would be upset too wondering what the fuck is up here.

YOu know how when people pull over or turn their cars when somebody is following them too long in traffic? same shit here.

I driven behind cars where we turn on maybe 2-3 of the same streets and they IMMEDIATELY pull over of turn rapidly because THEY felt I was following them.

Happens all the time in society. people get antsy and curious when people do that. even if they don't mean to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back