The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange that the prosecution never opined on what would have happened if George has just said "Uncle"..,

What do you think...would Trayvon have kept beating on him??

> still giggling over the accusation from the prosecution that made it sound as if George Zimmerman got into a fight with a five year old child armed with his apple juice filled baby bottle and a bag of candy. Child abuse ha? even the judge had to laff.

Regarding abstract thinking: I went to a seminar once where one of the presenters, an PhD, said that he is naturally a concrete thinker, but that through the use of multiple tools has helped himself be able to think more abstractly. I have noticed in my practice it is people who have gone to Sunday school who are the abstract thinkers. They have been taught the Christian 'parables' and what they mean. So they can apply that skill in other area.

I don't know about that as I have found conservatives in general are good at concrete, abstract, objective, and subjective thinking; however it is well known that many conservatives are also Christians so maybe Sunday school does have a bearing on it. However, I know many Christians who are passionate liberals and, though they grew up in Sunday School, still don't do well with abstract analysis and won't consider anything concrete or objective apart from how they feel about it including what is and is not politiically correct.

Example: We aren't supposed to consider any downside or long term ramifications to illegal immigration but a true Christian attitude is to understand that the people coming across the border are simply wanting a better life for themselves and their families and they are God's children too and we should accept and love them and make room for them. Discussion of the downside for the illegals is not acceptable and must be shouted down, yadda yadda.

I know many conservatives, however, who are agnostic or Atheist and didn't grow up in Bible class who are able to avoid the fuzzy feeling syndrone and see the whole big picture. For that reason I don't know if we can give Bible stories the credit. :) (But then I think I can reason abstract principles, lol.)

Anyhow, extrapolating that to this incredible Zimmerman trial, we should have known what was coming when the initial leftist media reports defined Zimmerman as a "white Hispanic." Have you EVER seen such a designation used on anybody before? Ever? That told you from the get go that he would be branded guilty and Trayvon Martin as the innocent victim of racism. There didn't have to be a shred of proof about that. In the liberal world that is the scenario that 'feels' right and therefore it must be made true.

Surveys today taken by the government ask what race you are. The choices are: White non Hispanic, White Hispanic, African American, Hispanic, Asian, Other.

If the Dispatcher had told SG not to get a shotgun, and OG had driven his car into SG's mother, that would have raised liability issues for the police department and the city, which is why dispatchers are specifically trained not to tell people what to do in cases like this.

Strange that the prosecution never opined on what would have happened if George has just said "Uncle"..,

Fights have certain phases, Delt. The first is the lead up phase where talk is taking place.

The second phase is usually someone throwing a sucker punch.

The third phase is what happens after someone is knocked down...does the person who's prevailing in the fight walk away or tell the person on the ground to stay down...or do they continue to inflict damage?

In this fight, Zimmerman is knocked down and Martin straddles him MMA style and continues to strike him. That's a good indication that Martin was NOT inclined to stop if someone yelled "Uncle". It's an indication that Martin was enjoying giving someone else a beating.

Fights have certain phases, Delt. The first is the lead up phase where talk is taking place.

The third phase is what happens after someone is knocked down...does the person who's prevailing in the fight walk away or tell the person on the ground to stay down...or do they continue to inflict damage?

In this fight, Zimmerman is knocked down and Martin straddles him MMA style and continues to strike him. That's a good indication that Martin was NOT inclined to stop if someone yelled "Uncle". It's an indication that Martin was enjoying giving someone else a beating.

Usually, the one winning the fight will have the least injuries.

If you find yourself in a fight and you get sucker punched and knocked to the ground? If the person that did that starts kicking you or sits on top of you and continues to hit you....YOU ARE IN A WORLD OF TROUBLE!

Trayvon had a hand over his mouth trying to get him to shut up. Yelling for help was far more appropriate.

What is typical of a thug like Trayvon is for things to skip over the first phase straight to the second. The second is normally them walking up or jumping you and beating you for little reason.

Last edited:
And how long was it between George firing his gun and the cops arriving on scene..???

They were there literally moments after the shot was fired...people on 9/11 calls report seeing flashlights outside...that's the Police arriving.

Regarding abstract thinking: I went to a seminar once where one of the presenters, an PhD, said that he is naturally a concrete thinker, but that through the use of multiple tools has helped himself be able to think more abstractly. I have noticed in my practice it is people who have gone to Sunday school who are the abstract thinkers. They have been taught the Christian 'parables' and what they mean. So they can apply that skill in other area.

I don't know about that as I have found conservatives in general are good at concrete, abstract, objective, and subjective thinking; however it is well known that many conservatives are also Christians so maybe Sunday school does have a bearing on it. However, I know many Christians who are passionate liberals and, though they grew up in Sunday School, still don't do well with abstract analysis and won't consider anything concrete or objective apart from how they feel about it including what is and is not politiically correct.

Example: We aren't supposed to consider any downside or long term ramifications to illegal immigration but a true Christian attitude is to understand that the people coming across the border are simply wanting a better life for themselves and their families and they are God's children too and we should accept and love them and make room for them. Discussion of the downside for the illegals is not acceptable and must be shouted down, yadda yadda.

I know many conservatives, however, who are agnostic or Atheist and didn't grow up in Bible class who are able to avoid the fuzzy feeling syndrone and see the whole big picture. For that reason I don't know if we can give Bible stories the credit. :) (But then I think I can reason abstract principles, lol.)

Anyhow, extrapolating that to this incredible Zimmerman trial, we should have known what was coming when the initial leftist media reports defined Zimmerman as a "white Hispanic." Have you EVER seen such a designation used on anybody before? Ever? That told you from the get go that he would be branded guilty and Trayvon Martin as the innocent victim of racism. There didn't have to be a shred of proof about that. In the liberal world that is the scenario that 'feels' right and therefore it must be made true.

Surveys today taken by the government ask what race you are. The choices are: White non Hispanic, White Hispanic, African American, Hispanic, Asian, Other.

I don't think "white Hispanic" is a designation. There is white, not of Hispanic origin, and Hispanic, but no 'white Hispanic'. That I believe was a pure media invention in the opening arguments of trial in the court of public opinion. And it was 100% deliberate to paint Zimmerman as the bad guy from Day One.

From Whitehouse.gov

ISSUE 3. Should "race/ethnicity" be asked as a single identification or should "race" identification be separate from Hispanic origin or other ethnicities?

Directive No. 15 states that it is preferable to collect data on race and Hispanic separately to allow flexibility. If a combined format is used to collect racial and ethnic data the minimum acceptable categories are: American Indian or Alaskan Native; Asian or Pacific Islander; Hispanic; White, not of Hispanic origin; and Black, not of Hispanic origin. The use of the Hispanic category in the combined format does not provide information on the race of those selecting it. As a result, the combined format makes it impossible to distribute persons of Hispanic ethnicity by race and, therefore, reduces the utility of the four racial categories by excluding from them persons who would otherwise be included. Thus, the two formats currently permitted by Directive No. 15 for collecting racial and ethnic data do not provide comparable data.
Standards for the Classification of Federal Data on Race and Ethnicity | The White House

Could be...and it's been 50 years since I was in a fight...but as for me when the other guy dropped or quit fighting back...my level of attack quickly diminished...

What is typical of a thug like Trayvon is for things to skip over the first phase straight to the second. The second is normally them walking up or jumping you and beating you for little reason.

The first phase in this fight was Trayvon asking George "You got a problem?" as he came out of the darkness. For those of you that have no experience with street fights? Them's fighting words! It's what you say when you're about to GIVE someone a problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back