The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what I find appalling? That so many people are so callous about a kid getting shot to death because he didn't know exactly the right way to handle a situation. He was a kid, barely turned 17.

But he was a black kid, wasn't he? And I know without a doubt that's why so many of you just don't give a fuck about what happened to him.

You've profiled him in your minds just as Zimmerman profiled him on the streets that night. It MUST have been his fault. Those kind, they always cause trouble.

And I find it appalling you are so callous about the legal justice system. Zimmerman was given a trial, he actually should have never been charged, but fine... he was charged and tried, and found not guilty of the crime. In the aftermath, you want to somehow blame those of us who felt Zimmerman was innocent, for being right, I guess. It's as if you have convicted Zimmerman in your mind, regardless of the lack of evidence or the finding of a legitimate jury of his peers in a legal court proceeding. And I know you have wrongly convicted this man because Trayvon is black, and he is not black. In other words, race means more than justice to you, and that is really sad and appalling.

And let's clear up a little misconception here... We don't convict people of murder on the basis of how we personally feel about the death of the victim, the color of skin, whether some other action could have happened, or anything other than the criteria for conviction, which was simply not met in Zimmerman's case. We have an established rule of law, and that's what we follow, not our emotions. What you need to do at this point, is take a step back, take a deep breath, and try to absorb what has happened here. The jury didn't share your zeal to lock a man away for 30 years, because he may have used poor judgement in dealing with a poor little black kid. The case wasn't made, and they acquitted. This does not translate to people not caring about the poor black kid, or feeling sorry for the loss. It doesn't mean we are racists or the jury were racists, it means the evidence for conviction was not there. It doesn't matter if Martin was black, white, green or purple, the evidence for conviction of murder, was not there.

Only against criminal charges. Remember that O J Simpson was acquitted in criminal court but subsequently lost in a civil court. Zimmerman could lose in civil court too if he gets the wrong judge or the NAACP throws some high powered money at this. But some legal minds who have been commenting on this think he could have a pretty good defamation case against the prosecutors too. So who knows?

But I doubt this will be over for awhile.

image3267708g.gif

Mr. Goldman, the Martin's understand what you feel sir.

No, they don't. The Martins are slime who raised a murderous monster. The Goldmans are an honorable family who had their son attacked by two murderous monsters.

By far the most hateful post I have seen here.

The defense lawyers spent the opening of their press conference thanking and praising the police and sherrif's department of Sanford.

Weird.

The press conference with the pig in lipstick of the state was just as disgusting.

Too much smiling.

Advice, lose the lipstick.

Funny...whenever it was brought up about forcing media to tell the truth and make them liable when they lie....it was always the Conservatives who bawled about Libruls trying to sabotage Faux.

Not enough info in the OP to make a suggestion.

I texted some of my nieces and nephews.
Took awhile for them to get back to me, kids ya know!

They all said they need more info.
They want to know age, time of day, time of year, type of neighborhood, etc.

They also want a definition of creepy.

Are you sure you didn't just make that up? That doesn't sound at all like how kids would respond. Very convenient that the nieces and nephews all said the same thing you did. :doubt:

I paraphrased.

Is that alright with you?

You know what I find appalling? That so many people are so callous about a kid getting shot to death because he didn't know exactly the right way to handle a situation. He was a kid, barely turned 17.

But he was a black kid, wasn't he? And I know without a doubt that's why so many of you just don't give a fuck about what happened to him.

You've profiled him in your minds just as Zimmerman profiled him on the streets that night. It MUST have been his fault. Those kind, they always cause trouble.

Bullshit!

I'd say YOU were biased to begin with and didn't bother to look at the evidence presented to the jury.

The rest of the world was able to view tons of evidence the jury didn't get to see.

You are emoting...and playing the race card. :thup:

so Blacks in Sanford are crying? were they crying after what OJ did? why are they making Trayvon out to be some picture perfect 17 yr old boy who would never hurt anyone?
Why are you and others trying to put the VICTIM, Trayvon Martin, on trial?

Do you see how these problems occur?

No, you don't understand this. Zimmerman was the victim. Zimmerman was the one on the ground underneath Martin. Zimmerman was the one who was attacked. Zimmerman defended himself against the attack and killed his attacker. His attacker is not the victim.

He's that powerful?

Then I guess Zimmerman will be taken care of pretty soon. Unless he's not. Because the OP is absolutely fucking crazy.

The link is directly to the Freemason website.

The problem is not that the website is forged; no reason to contend that it is not original. The problem lies in the assumption that the group is as powerful as you seem to think not to mention that Martins father would somehow have any real influence in that group on the level that would be required for this.

The chances of that are essentially nill. If the freemasons were that powerful (and I doubt that very much) then Martin’s father’s influence would not be all that grate. What the hell has he accomplished that would place him in a position of such influence?

This really belongs in the conspiracy section of the forms as that is essentially what this is.

I suppose the neighborhood watch dude who raped a woman in my town will just be let go, too. It's been two years and nobody knows anything. Like the matter has just been dropped. Shoved under the rug. I've tried to find out some information to no avail. And I'm afraid if I keep pushing the issue I'll become a target of some kind.

That's interesting.

Do you have a link to that story?

Is it the truth?

Zimmerman instigated the situation.

In the end... Martin feared for his life too and was acting in self defense. Zimmerman acted in self defense.

It was so preventable. Nice to see folks smearing Martin as a "thug". He's dead. Can't defend his reputation.

Was Zimmerman wrong to assume a 17 year old was actually a criminal? Yes.

Did that justify Martin jumping him and beating the crap out of him? No.

You are right, it was preventable. Zimmerman could have stayed in his car, and Martin could have gone to his father's house. Both of them were wrong, and Martin will never learn from his mistake.

You left out what occurred between statement one and statement two.

Zimmerman essentially stalked Martin. A 17 yr old black youth being stalked by an unknown adult white man in a racially uneasy area.

Should he have jumped Zimmerman? No.

Was he afraid for his life? Quite possibly.

He made a bad decision in how to defend himself. Apparently.

Should he be blamed for that? No.

But he is. He is labeled a "thug".

Utter bullshit. There was no "stalking", essential or otherwise. Martin was nowhere in sight and Zimmerman went to see where he had gone. That is not stalking.
If Martin feared for his life he should have gone home. He didnt. He doubled back around to teach the creepy cracker a lesson and ended up jumping the wrong guy.

Do you feel like it's your responsibility to respect Police Dispatchers?

I'm sorry, I couldn't answer your question because I'm not sure what it really means, or what point you are trying to get to. I feel like it's your responsibility to respect everyone in the same way you wish to be respected. What the hell is up with the latest rash of dumbassery? I've heard some of the most absolutely stupid shit being said the past few years, and I can't figure out why. When did we all lose our goddamn common sense? When did we start viewing "murder" as any time someone gets killed? When did we start finding people guilty of murder, based on what we think about their judgement or personality? Did none of you dumbasses ever study anything about laws or the justice system in school?

I've watched people during the Zimmerman trial, behave as if they are brainwashed zombies. We seem to be lulled into this false perception that a real-life legal case, is some sort of Hollywood-produced crime drama, presented to entertain us. As the viewer, we are drawn in to the liberal story line, made to feel sympathy for the character, and then when the time comes for the verdict, we somehow expect the "show" will all be wrapped up nicely with the "bad guy" being carted away to prison, and we're disappointed because that didn't happen. This was real life, real people were involved, and the evidence was not there to convict Zimmerman, of even manslaughter. He acted in self defense, it doesn't matter if he used poor judgement in confronting Martin, or if he disregarded the dispatcher's instructions. It doesn't even matter if he touched Trayvon first, he still has the right to defend his life if attacked.

Why do we call dispatchers? Because that's who answers at 911! That's who sends the Po-po! Should we listen to their advice? Most of the time, yes. Do we have to listen to their advice? No, we don't. And IF we don't obey their commands, it doesn't mean guilty of murder.

Wait a minute. You say, "it doesn't even matter if he touched Trayvon first, he still has the right to defend his life if attacked."

So, if I, a woman, am walking in my neighborhood at night and a man is following me and I end up face to face with him and ask him why he is following me...

You are saying that if he reaches toward me and even touches me and I perceive this as a clear and present danger and defend myself by punching him in the face...that he then has the right to shoot me dead?

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? ARE YOU NUTS?

Are you all fucking nuts? Or just evil?

No, that's not what I am saying, you are taking what I said and deliberately using it out of context because you don't like that I don't share your views on vigilante justice.

If Zimmerman tried to physically restrain Martin, that constitutes simple assault under the law, and Zimmerman could have been placed under arrest as soon as officers arrived. You can't take the law into your own hands and try to beat the mans head into the pavement. You're not within your rights to do this, even if he puts his hands on you, lest you can be charged with assault as well. And while uttering phrases like "you gonna die tonight, cracka!" It's assault with intent to murder, a much more serious offense than simple assault. You may not like this, but it's the law and how our laws work. It's not "evil" it's how we do things, because we don't let people take matters into their own hands in situations like this, we're civilized human beings.

Aggressively following? Menacing? The "truth" is, Zimmerman was non confrontational that night. He was following someone [but he was following them at a distance. The only way the two of them come together is if Trayvon Martin makes that happen by retracing his steps to confront Zimmerman. The only way that fight starts is if Trayvon Martin walks BACK from the condo where he was staying and suddenly comes out of the dark at Zimmerman as he is walking BACK to his SUV.

Sorry...............but if you follow me for over 15 min. and I see that you're doing so, I'm gonna come back and ask what the fuck you're doing following me.

Zimmerman was wrong, and he should have been convicted. I hope Karma catches up to him.

When they notice and/or observe some creepy man following them?

If they fear for their safety, they should get off the phone with their girlfriend and call 911.

And whatever one chooses to do one should always leave out the option of beating up a "creepy ass cracker" remembering that the cracker might have a gun.

If Zimmerman moved in next to me, I'd watch him very closely as long as he was there.

Why? I don't want to see other minorities executed because he's got a long standing wish to be a cop.

Aggressively following? Menacing? The "truth" is, Zimmerman was non confrontational that night. He was following someone [but he was following them at a distance. The only way the two of them come together is if Trayvon Martin makes that happen by retracing his steps to confront Zimmerman. The only way that fight starts is if Trayvon Martin walks BACK from the condo where he was staying and suddenly comes out of the dark at Zimmerman as he is walking BACK to his SUV.

Sorry...............but if you follow me for over 15 min. and I see that you're doing so, I'm gonna come back and ask what the fuck you're doing following me.

Zimmerman was wrong, and he should have been convicted. I hope Karma catches up to him.

He wasn't following him. He didnt see him. I'm sure you've followed plenty of guys for more than 15 minutes.

Wait, so tomorrow morning I can get up, follow George Zimmerman, pick a fight with him, shoot him dead, and they'll let me go free as long as I say I was defending myself from him?

Wicked.

Gee, that was a real smart thing to post on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back