The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For three weeks I watched the George Zimmerman trial, I researched case law, and picked the brains of other posters qualified in the law. From the moment Zimmerman was arrested, I knew he was a political target. And then from that moment on, I knew he wasn't guilty of anything. This man was used and vilified by a good many people here. To those I say, you were wrong. To those who thought this was some sort of game: You were wrong. As for those who chose to exploit the pain and grief of a mother and father who lost their child in all of this, you were wrong as well.

You were wrong for making assumptions without base about a man you hardly ever knew. This issue was filled with the disease of racism and politics. Not only did we dishonor the memory of the fallen in doing so, we disrespected the family of the survivor. This entire thing reeked of hatred. Now I must ask you: What if you were the one being falsely accused for defending yourself? What if you became a political target for ruthless persecution and vilification? What does it matter who followed who? To lose a child, you must know pain on a personal level nobody else can imagine.

Throughout this trial, the idiocy of the charges brought against George Zimmerman were clearly revealed. The motivations behind them were made clearer. Yet some of us chose to succumb to the disinformation fed to them by the media and by their party. But now I hope, since Zimmerman has been found not guilty by the due diligence of a jury of his peers and his attorneys, that this serves a lesson to some. Politics can never get in the way of justice. For those of us who thought this was an issue of race. You were wrong. Justice will always prevail.
Hey, I thought for sure that the political pressure would be such that they would have gotten a lesser degree conviction. Not because I thought he was guilty, but because politics in this country is out of control and all powerful.

I was wrong.

I'll try My best to get over it.

I too was very wrong as I thought from being a former Iowan the jury member also a former Iowan would succumb to the "racist" component.

Obviously the FACTS in the case were so overwhelming that what ever racial bias the former Iowan had as well as the other members was
enough to declare him not guilty.

Just a note... Notice the finding was "NOT Guilty"...
The specific words mean "not enough evidence to convict under the requirements of manslaughter..(which by the way.. shouldn't it be politically correct to change it to "personslaughter"???)! This verdict doesn't say though he was "innocent"!

776.032 Immunity from criminal prosecution and civil action for justifiable use of force.—
(1) A person who uses force as permitted in s. 776.012, s. 776.013, or s. 776.031 is justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force, unless the person against whom force was used is a law enforcement officer, as defined in s. 943.10(14), who was acting in the performance of his or her official duties and the officer identified himself or herself in accordance with any applicable law or the person using force knew or reasonably should have known that the person was a law enforcement officer

Florida really has some crazy fucking laws.

I don't think that's going to stop a civil suit.

How can you sue free speech the cornerstone of the media?

The defamation suit against NBC/Universal is based on the editing of the 911 call to make out Z to be a racist.

Zimmerman’s suit stated that “NBC created this false and defamatory misimpression using the oldest form of yellow journalism: manipulating Zimmerman’s own words, splicing together disparate parts of the recording to create the illusion of statements that Zimmerman never actually made.”

NBC News apologized to viewers for the incident, but after the suit was filed it vowed to “vigorously defend our position in court.” Zimmerman’s legal team contend that the network never apologized to him.

“There was no intent to portray Mr. Zimmerman unfairly,” the network said. In a legal response, the network noted how other news outlets were reporting on the issue of race and that they, too, were forced to edit the 911 call.

Two defendants in the defamation suit, reporter Lilia Rodriguez Luciano and producer Jeff Burnside, were terminated in spring, 2012, after stories surfaced about the editing of the calls.

George Zimmerman Verdict Gives New Wrinkle to Libel Case Against NBC | Variety

776.032 Immunity from criminal prosecution and civil action for justifiable use of force.—
(1) A person who uses force as permitted in s. 776.012, s. 776.013, or s. 776.031 is justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force, unless the person against whom force was used is a law enforcement officer, as defined in s. 943.10(14), who was acting in the performance of his or her official duties and the officer identified himself or herself in accordance with any applicable law or the person using force knew or reasonably should have known that the person was a law enforcement officer

You don't ?

Then the Martin's will have to pay for filing it per Florida law.

Should Trayvon's family sue the media for smearing a innocent kid's name and causing racial hatred?

They'd have a pretty good case against FOX.
on what grounds ?? the fact is you are a left wing pussy that doesn't have the guts to speak the truth about the black community ...cowards like you are afraid of offending a violent race with the truth !! you and your left wing ilk don't care about the black community ....you are just afraid to speak the truth !!

You don't ?

I don't think that's a problem.

Trayvon Martin?s family settles wrongful death lawsuit with Sanford, Florida, homeowner?s association - NY Daily News

You don't ?

Trayvon Martin?s family settles wrongful death lawsuit with Sanford, Florida, homeowner?s association - NY Daily News

So they file a suit .....it goes to court .......the judge has to throw it out per Florida law and the filing party pays all costs.

You don't ?

I hope they get sued by the Homeowner's association's insurance company and have to pay it all back.

Every damned dime of it.

You don't ?

So they file a suit .....it goes to court .......the judge has to throw it out per Florida law and the filing party pays all costs.

I don't think it's going to stop them. And they would be justified in making it a federal civil case.

When they notice and/or observe some creepy man following them?
they should go to school ,refrain from drugs ,refrain from having sex with and having babies with 5 different men or women ,raise their kids,stop blaming whitey for every thing that is wrong in their lives,don't join a gang ,and last but not least do not attack a neighborhood watchman !!

You don't ?

I've posted this before, too. The suit filed against Zimmerman's HOA did not even go to court. The HOA settled quickly for over $1,000,000+. That speaks volumes to what happened.

And just as the Goldman's did with OJ Simpson, the Martins can sue for wrongful death but this time Zimmerman will have money that can be taken, unlike Simpson who only had his NFL retirement, which was exempted.

Travyon had the right to attack a White Hispanic? Really? That's like saying OJ Simpson had the right to attack Ron and Nicole

I don't think it's going to stop them. And they would be justified in making it a federal civil case.

That's not going to happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back