The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Martin had 2, count em, 2 small abrasions on his hands.

Yeah, from beating on GZ.
Not so sketchy.

So he hit him, what? Twice?

Yeah..definitely a good reason to put a hole in his heart, alrighty!

Did I hear you volunteering to have your head slammed on concrete as a test ?
I didn't think so

Chief..I've had my head really slammed into cement. Along with being hit in the eye with a crowbar, hit in the head with a bat, stabbed in the hand just to name a few things that's happened in my "exciting" time in bad ol' New York.

Which also gives me a bit of insight on the whole being able to pull the gun out while performing an armlock.

After you get clocked like that..it's generally "Good Night Irene".

The jury clearly decided that Zimmerman was acting in self-defense when he pulled his gun and shot Trayvon.

That means they decided that Trayvon had done something that constituted an immediate and possibly deadly threat to Zimmerman. That act was probably, going after Zimmerman (who was following him but not stalking or attacking him), grabbing or jumping on him, knocking him down, and bashing his head multiple times into the concrete sidewalk with his fists. Slamming GZ's head repeatedly into the concrete that way could conceivably crack his skull, which could kill him. Zimmerman shot Trayvon before that could happen... but what if Zimmerman hadn't had a gun?

Then this trial would have been over Trayvon, not Zimmerman. Trayvon would have been accused at least of assault, quite possibly assault with intent to cause grievous bodily harm. And if he'd managed to crack Zimmerman's skull, maybe the charge for which Trayvon was tried, could have been murder.

Zimmerman did have the gun, and used it, so the trial went as it did. Trayvon was, in fact, guilty of assault - the jury decided he attacked Zimmerman. But since Trayvon lost his life as a result of assaulting Zimmerman, obviously there was no point in making any such charge against Trayvon any more, despite Trayvon's actions.

But if Zimmerman had not had a gun that night... it's pretty clear Trayvon would have been found guilty of assault, and possibly murder.

I didn't think so

Chief..I've had my head really slammed into cement. Along with being hit in the eye with a crowbar, hit in the head with a bat, stabbed in the hand just to name a few things that's happened in my "exciting" time in bad ol' New York.

Which also gives me a bit of insight on the whole being able to pull the gun out while performing an armlock.

I'm sorry you didn't have a better way to defend yourself.

Probably not.

Zimmerman managed to stay alive for quite some time.

Cops were there 15 seconds after Martin was shot.

Pretty sure, however, Martin would have spent the night in Jail..and Zimmerman would have gotten a bandaid for his boo boos and a lollypop.

What I find amazing is the overt sexism on this thread. Just because the jury was composed of women doesn't mean they were automatically wrong or stupid. They heard the evidence and came up with a conclusion. I'm sure even though they were "just" women they probably were educated and maybe even some of them had jobs. The left's war on women is sickening. Why doesn't the left have faith in women to think for themselves while abiding by the rules of the court. Yes, I'm sorry to tell people on the left this but I believe women are smart and capable and can be just as good a juror as a man. I don't care what the left says, women have a right to vote and should not be chained to the kitchen. The misogyny on the left is repugnant.
(This was my impression of rdean if he were a republican).

Last edited:
False. And ridiculous, even for you.

Zimmerman mentored young black students.
Zimmerman took a young black girl to one of his proms.
Zimmerman has black friends.

On Thursday, the Justice Department released a report showing that George Zimmerman, a Florida neighborhood watch guard who is being charged with second degree murder for shooting 17-year-old Travyon Martin while on duty, is not racist.

The report reveals over 30 interviews showing that the Zimmerman is not racist, an argument held strong by prosecutors in charging him with the killing of Martin, an African-American.

FBI agents asked each of the interviewees whether Zimmerman "displayed any bias, prejudice or irrational attitude against any class of citizen, religious, racial, gender or ethnic groups,". The report showed that none of the 30 plus interviewees answered affirmative to show of any bias.

ColbertAlan.png

In the phone calls logged by the Sanford police, every time he called reporting someone "threatening" they were Black males.

Maybe he likes the sisters? :eusa_shhh:

You may be right. He did take a sista to the prom

Mark Furman has ZERO to do with either this case or your statement that you think George Zimmerman is a racist. You made the charge, Quick...now justify it by explaining why someone who WAS a racist would do the things that George Zimmerman did! Why the petition drive to demand justice for a black man against the white son of a Policeman? Why the mentoring of two black children? You just slandered someone with the charge of racism...and it's rather apparent that you have nothing to back that charge up with.

I've justified it many times here and to myself, everytime I here the tape of him saying "coons." There has been no other reason ever that I can remember I feel that way, and I made that clear yesterday:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/law-a...al-zimmerman-trial-thread-20.html#post7529582

Only one problem with that theory, Quick and it's that when the FBI did voice analysis of that tape they said that it was clear that Zimmerman DIDN'T say "coons". So what you're saying is that you've based your charge of racism against George Zimmerman on something that was shown to be incorrect. Why would you do that? That accusation against Zimmerman was debunked over a year ago and yet you're STILL trying to use it?

What was the wording the FBI used? For sure, they meant it couldn't be proved. I haven't tried to prove it was either, just stated always it's plain as day to me. It can't be shown to be correct or incorrect. You're barking up the wrong tree. Continuing to say it was debunked is also admitting it was once accepted, so you're hurting your own case every time you say it.

That would be as ridiculous as someone still using alleged photos of Trayvon Martin flashing gang signs and looking like he's 30 years old that were debunked long ago as well.

You're stupidly comparing a question about race and a question of appearance. Why would anyone want to make a comparison of things that aren't equal in any way?

If you're going to come here and attempt to argue a viewpoint...don't destroy your credibility by trotting out nonsense like the whole "coons" thing. Just saying...

And again, that's why no one stands up for this, because people like you won't allow anyone to freely state an opinion of this. I bet there is still a large number of people who still believe he said "coons" but you never hear from them, because they know they'll face unending denials and examination from those that just want to confuse the issue.

Well no..

Martin had 2, count em, 2 small abrasions on his hands. There was no DNA transference to his fingernails or sleeves. Zimmerman was treated very quickly. They cleaned him up with Peroxide and put 2, count em, 2 bandages on his head. He was able to walk away with no discernible pain or dizziness and into the police station.

The people of Florida really should be worried about this. Because it basically means the guy with the gun..wins.

No matter what.

Martin had 2, count em, 2 small abrasions on his hands.

Yeah, from beating on GZ.
Not so sketchy.

Only twice? Why didn't you testify?

What I find amazing is the overt sexism on this thread. Just because the jury was composed of women doesn't mean they were automatically wrong or stupid. They heard the evidence and came up with a conclusion. I'm sure even though they were "just" women they probably were educated and maybe even some of them had jobs. The left's war on women is sickening. Why doesn't the left have faith in women to think for themselves while abiding by the rules of the court. Yes, I'm sorry to tell people on the left this but I believe women are smart and capable and can be just as good a juror as a man. I don't care what the left says, women have a right to vote and should not be chained to the kitchen. The misogyny on the left is repugnant.

Great post! As people push for civil rights charges for an unjust verdict, they forget that women also have civil rights!

I didn't think so

I'm sorry you didn't have a better way to defend yourself.

Getting stabbed in the hand..was the one that hurt the most.

Not the actual stabbing..but the stitches.

No Anesthesia,,,:eek:

Quick if you don't like the way this works in America then leave. You know this burden of proof by the state may keep someone close to you out of prison for a crime they didn't commit some day. Justice doesn't mean getting even.

Because I continue to believe and state GZ is a racist. :badgrin:

That's virtually the only thing I've been posting about today.

I've justified it many times here and to myself, everytime I here the tape of him saying "coons." There has been no other reason ever that I can remember I feel that way, and I made that clear yesterday:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/law-a...al-zimmerman-trial-thread-20.html#post7529582

Only one problem with that theory, Quick and it's that when the FBI did voice analysis of that tape they said that it was clear that Zimmerman DIDN'T say "coons". So what you're saying is that you've based your charge of racism against George Zimmerman on something that was shown to be incorrect. Why would you do that? That accusation against Zimmerman was debunked over a year ago and yet you're STILL trying to use it?

What was the wording the FBI used? For sure, they meant it couldn't be proved. I haven't tried to prove it was either, just stated always it's plain as day to me. It can't be shown to be correct or incorrect. You're barking up the wrong tree. Continuing to say it was debunked is also admitting it was once accepted, so you're hurting your own case every time you say it.

That would be as ridiculous as someone still using alleged photos of Trayvon Martin flashing gang signs and looking like he's 30 years old that were debunked long ago as well.

You're stupidly comparing a question about race and a question of appearance. Why would anyone want to make a comparison of things that aren't equal in any way?

If you're going to come here and attempt to argue a viewpoint...don't destroy your credibility by trotting out nonsense like the whole "coons" thing. Just saying...

And again, that's why no one stands up for this, because people like you won't allow anyone to freely state an opinion of this. I bet there is still a large number of people who still believe he said "coons" but you never hear from them, because they know they'll face unending denials and examination from those that just want to confuse the issue.

Where did they film the moon landing Quick? Who was on the grassy knoll? What are they hiding at Area 51?

Great post! As people push for civil rights charges for an unjust verdict, they forget that women also have civil rights!

and we have all these people who don't know what they're pushing for. Scary.

Trayvon Martin demonstration moves into Times Square in New York - latimes.com

Quick if you don't like the way this works in America then leave. You know this burden of proof by the state may keep someone close to you out of prison for a crime they didn't commit some day. Justice doesn't mean getting even.

Because I continue to believe and state GZ is a racist. :badgrin:

That's virtually the only thing I've been posting about today.

You are racist against Hispanics

Aside from Zimmerman's testimony..there's some sketchy eyewitnesses partial views of the fight in the dark.

Zimmerman's a known liar.

So there's no real way to determine how this thing started.

GZ, beaten and bloody. TM, bruises on his knuckles.
Not so sketchy.

Well no..

Martin had 2, count em, 2 small abrasions on his hands. There was no DNA transference to his fingernails or sleeves. Zimmerman was treated very quickly. They cleaned him up with Peroxide and put 2, count em, 2 bandages on his head. He was able to walk away with no discernible pain or dizziness and into the police station.

The people of Florida really should be worried about this. Because it basically means the guy with the gun..wins.

No matter what.

It means the guy with the gun is less likely to face a criminal charge, or even arrest.

Indeed, the next time something similar to his happens in Florida the police will investigate the incident and nothing else, there now exists a presumption of self-defense where law enforcement won’t even bother to arrest the shooter unless there is glaring evidence of criminal activity.

For myself, I find it not at all hard to believe that every person that has ever met swallow has taken a swing at him.

Little punks collect scars.

Only twice? Why didn't you testify?

You miss the Forensic Pathologist that said just that? :doubt:

You miss the one that said that with those injuries he would have been reasonably in fear for his life? He was just the most respected forensic pathologist in the country. He wasn't fired for washing his feet in the sink during autopsies either.

GZ, beaten and bloody. TM, bruises on his knuckles.
Not so sketchy.

Well no..

No matter what.

It means the guy with the gun is less likely to face a criminal charge, or even arrest.

Indeed, the next time something similar to his happens in Florida the police will investigate the incident and nothing else, there now exists a presumption of self-defense where law enforcement won’t even bother to arrest the shooter unless there is glaring evidence of criminal activity.

Then DON"T FUCK WITH PEOPLE. HOW HARD IS THIS TO FIGURE OUT ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back