The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good question.

My opinion? It's because he had delusions of grandeur and wanted to play supercop for a night.

If Zimmerman had simply stayed in his vehicle, he would have been "standing his ground", and if he'd shot Trayvon for trying to get in, he would have been justified in what he'd done.

However.................getting out of the vehicle and following Trayvon for a bit of distance is where he went wrong, and in my opinion, started the whole fight.

Like I've said before..................if you're following me late at night and I notice it, you can bet your ass I'm going to stop and ask why you're following me. If you can't provide a good enough answer, I just may pop you in the nose to get you to quit.

Pop someone in the nose, or slam their head into the sidewalk? My Gawd... You idiots never learn do you....I would suggest that smacking someone in the nose is exactly why Trayvon Martin isn't with us today. Your supposed to learn from these things, not proclaim you would do the exact same thing Trayvon did... Repeating the same thing expecting a different result is kind of nutty.

From what I'd seen of his wounds, if he'd had his head slammed into concrete repeatedly, there would have been a lot more damage. From the looks of it, he got smacked in the nose and fell backwards, hitting his head on the sidewalk.

But..................even the defense said that Zimmerman was an out of shape pussy.

All of the evidense and most of the expert testimony disagree with you. But then if you knew anything about the case other than what Al Sharpton tells you, you'd know that already.

Wow. some of the comments here.

I believe the lesson from all of this, if there is any, is that if someone is following you it is wise not to turn around and attack them because they might have a gun... Wouldn't it be so much simpler to call the cops and tell them someone's following you? Had Martin done this the PD would have linked this up and told both men to stand down and wait for their arrival...

Exactly.

Pic please.

A Look at the Jurors for George Zimmerman's Trial - ABC News

B-29 recently moved to central Florida from Chicago. She enjoys watching the "Real Housewives" on television and works as a nurse on an Alzheimer's section of a nursing home. She said she hadn't paid much attention to the shooting. She said she has been arrested, but her case was disposed of. It's not clear why she was arrested or exactly what happened to her case, though she said she was treated fairly. She is married and has several children. A prosecutor described her as "black or Hispanic" during jury selection.

She was Hispanic, but she could have b een black too.

The Hispanic culture isn't as hung up on race as we are.

You don't think so? Call someone from Mexico a Puerto Rican and watch the fireworks.

There are two civil suits new items going on here.

The first is the Civil Rights Organization NAACP has started a petition right after the verdict
came in on Zimmerman for Florida wanting the Justice Department to let there be a Civil Suit against him , insisting there was racial profiling and Martin's civil rights were violated. They have been holding peaceful protests in cities and preachers involved in the organzation are getting together to talk to at a confrence to bunch of people. Not to menton more marches scheduled.

The second is The Martin's ,Trayvon's parents , families lawyer has told the press separately that they are considering a civil suit in the wrong full death of their son in a different jurisdiciction of were the Zimmerman Trial was just at. According to the their lawyer they had made no response to what the NAACP is doing as of yet. They have two years two file the suit before time runs out.

Sounds like two different civil suits might be filed here according to the press. Or they could come together in one. To early to tell.

Or they could read the laws and see that Zimmerman is immune from civil action since he was acquitted on self defense.
The only possible problem for Mr Zimmerman is Federal hate crimes bullshit and the FBI has already concluded that that isn't waranted.

Wow. some of the comments here.

I believe the lesson from all of this, if there is any, is that if someone is following you it is wise not to turn around and attack them because they might have a gun... Wouldn't it be so much simpler to call the cops and tell them someone's following you? Had Martin done this the PD would have linked this up and told both men to stand down and wait for their arrival...

Zimmerman called the cops and they told him to stand down. He didn't listen and pursued anyway.

There are a lot of ifs and buts in the case but for you to try to turn it around into "simple police involvement" and pretend no police contact was made, directions given by the police and they were ignored is dealing in fantasy

No they didn't you ignorant asshat.

NO ONE CARES ANY LONGER.. The man had a trial by his peers and found INNOCENT. Enough already. Stop playing in to the leftist main sleaze media's love affair with race baiting.

I respectfully submit this as my rebuttle:

1. This is a discussion board and we're discussing.
2. It may not be over for GZ, the obama regime might attempt to bring charges.

A Look at the Jurors for George Zimmerman's Trial - ABC News

B-29 recently moved to central Florida from Chicago. She enjoys watching the "Real Housewives" on television and works as a nurse on an Alzheimer's section of a nursing home. She said she hadn't paid much attention to the shooting. She said she has been arrested, but her case was disposed of. It's not clear why she was arrested or exactly what happened to her case, though she said she was treated fairly. She is married and has several children. A prosecutor described her as "black or Hispanic" during jury selection.

She was Hispanic, but she could have b een black too.

The Hispanic culture isn't as hung up on race as we are.

You don't think so? Call someone from Mexico a Puerto Rican and watch the fireworks.

Mexican vrs Puerto Rican is a difference in ethnicity, not race.

If Martin had killed Zimmerman "The nothing to see here! Move along now!" rule would have applied. If a black man kills a white, that's just partial retribution for slavery, at least as far as the Left media is concerned. A few weeks back, during the Texas twenty week limit for abortion debate and the Wendy Davis filibuster of that bill, the media reps covering the brouaha were reportedly seen, when not busy filing their news reports with their parent organizations, grabbing the loud speaker microphones and actually leading the chants of "Hail Satan" to help the pro abortion protestors drown out the counter demonstrating pro life group's singing of "Amazing Grace"
The Left media has been, in essence, over the last fifty years acting the same as the urban fire department member who surreptitiously sets the local nursing home ablaze so he can be written up in the newspapers as the hero who rescued all the bedridden patients whose lives were in danger.
Al Sharpton, race pimp extraordinaire, is unique in this media equation, for Mr Sharpton learned at a very tender age that shouting "Fire!" at the top of your lungs in a crowded theater can be a very lucrative pursuit.

Trayvon martin t shirts for sale, what a shame that those who are race baiting are profiting off this death

sick world

Only $19.95

Please, If GZ didn't have an equalizer he'd have kept his "not being able to throw a punch" ass in his car.

Zimmerman called the cops and they told him to stand down. He didn't listen and pursued anyway.

There are a lot of ifs and buts in the case but for you to try to turn it around into "simple police involvement" and pretend no police contact was made, directions given by the police and they were ignored is dealing in fantasy

the 911 dispatcher NEVER told Zimmerman to "stand down". Not sure why you think that. Maybe the news you watch do not like to give you the facts correctly?

The 911 operator asked Zimmerman if he was following the person in question. When Zimmerman answered "yes", the operator said "we don't need you to do that." That was not a directive by the operator nor was it an order by an officer. it was simply a suggestion.

Even still, pretending like everything would be different if Martin Called the police is stupid. Unless Martin is supposed to listen to "suggestions" and Zimmerman doesn't have to and no one expects him too. Just Martin in this made up scenario

If Martin called the police and then punched GZ anyway, you're right, nothing would be different.
On the other hand, if he called and they told him they were on the way, and he didn't attack GZ, he'd still be alive.

Probably not.

Zimmerman managed to stay alive for quite some time.

Cops were there 15 seconds after Martin was shot.

Pretty sure, however, Martin would have spent the night in Jail..and Zimmerman would have gotten a bandaid for his boo boos and a lollypop.

When a person is getting their skull smashed into the ground, it's a bit difficult to anticipate when the cops might show up to save you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back