The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's part of the disaster that constituted the Prosecution's case...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoYoq8lsiDA]Trayvon Martin's 'Friend' Rachel Jeantel Creepy Ass Cracker Not A Racial Slur, Not Offensive - YouTube[/ame]

The Zimmerman trial highlighted everything that is wrong with America. It was a perfect microcosm. The lack of ethics that people have these days is staggering!

Blacks should never stand their ground since most of the black community are against SYG law. That means you must retreat instead of defending your life.

More ripples from this case. How many new court cases are going to start because of the zimmerman martin incident?

Instead of being adults and mourning a tragic death and forgiving one another, people keep going for vengeance.

Where will this stop?

More ripples from this case. How many new court cases are going to start because of the zimmerman martin incident?

Instead of being adults and mourning a tragic death and forgiving one another, people keep going for vengeance.

Where will this stop?

It never will. The left is too invested in destroying the US as it was founded and now they want to see it happen in their lifetimes. Get ready for some "interesting times".

Do you have a link supporting your side of the story? This is what I've found.

Update 4/23/2012: It's been reported in the news today that Marissa Alexander was originally scheduled to be sentenced Monday morning. However, a judge delayed her sentencing indefinitely. April 30th a hearing is scheduled for the judge to rule on post-trial motions. It's been reported in the press that the state offered Alexander a plea deal, but she refused. Her lawyer is seeking a retrial according to sources.

Source: Public Domain

Stand Your Ground Against Domestic Violence

Florida woman, Marissa Alexander faces 20 years for shooting the ceiling in her house.Marissa actually tried to “Stand Her Ground” when in 2010 she fired a single shot into the ceiling of her home during a argument that turned physical.

Geez, 3 years (and that is supposed to be generous?) and she didn't even kill the abusive husband, but GZ is acquitted after killing a 17 year old young man that wasn't doing anything wrong? Had never hurt GZ in his life?

I am not pretending to suddenly trust Angela Corey without question. But what she says at least gives reason for closer inspection into what the investigators found.
Angela Corey is probably not the only one that displayed some sort of racism in the handling of GZ case. She had to be removed from the case because she took GZ's word without so much as investigating him but, she didn't waste any time convicting the black woman.

She said Gray’s sons were pulling on their shoes to leave the house when Alexander raised her weapon to fire — in other words, they and their father were about to leave.

While online accounts sympathetic to Alexander say she fired shots into the ceiling, the single bullet she fired actually hit the wall, not far from Gray and the boys, then ricocheted into the ceiling, Corey said.

Corey also points out a later incident when Alexander, while free on bail and awaiting trial, became involved in an altercation with Gray that left him with a swollen eye.

“She put a round in the chamber, and she fired that shot out of anger, not fear,” Corey said. “She didn’t need to use that gun. Those kids were scared to death. They ran for their lives.”

Marissa Alexander case in spotlight after Zimmerman trial - The Washington Post

From your link:
A judge rejected her bid to mount a defense under Florida’s controversial “stand your ground” law, which allows people to use deadly force if they or their homes are in danger. After she rejected a three-year plea deal, Alexander was convicted and sentenced to 20 years, as required by Florida’s strict sentencing guidelines on crimes involving a gun.

Kevin Cobbin, Alexander’s attorney, said his client was justified in firing her gun because Gray “had put his hands on her and there was a fight in the bathroom.”
“The judge decided not to make the call to grant ‘stand your ground,’ ” Cobbin said. “If it had been a white female, I believe she would have.”

It is quite obvious that racism played a part in both of these cases, considering the black woman was not even allowed to file a charge of "self defense" considering it was in her house, and her husband had a record of abuse, yet Zimmerman was not in his house, TM had no record of abusing GZ and GZ actually shot and killed him.. Seems like in both these cases the black person ends up on the losing end. Perhaps this whole GZ/TM situation will shine the light on some of the injustices going on in this country and we can make more headway.

And yes, after you shoot at a man and children, and then violate a court order and go over and physically attack the guy, 3 years is at least reasonable if not generous. It's really dumb to go beat a guy up when you're out on bond for shooting at him.
Corey doesn't indicate that she went to her husband/boyfriend's house, just that she was involved in an altercation that left him with a swollen eye. How do you know that he wasn't beating on her again, and where? And 3 years (in light of GZ going free) is not a walk in the park. How come GZ didn't get 3 years?

And it is also reasonable to just believe everything a defendant says in light of many opportunities he had to circumvent the consequences, and let him go free after killing an innocent 17 year old walking home from the store? 3 years is a heck of a lot of time for someone that didn't kill anyone in contrast to someone going free for killing another in basically similar situations. I would probably have turned it down, too, now that I know that all you have to do is claim "you feared for your life" before shooting and killing someone.[/QUOTE]

==========================================================

Edit: the quote is messed up somewhere there. My post starts here:

Corey may not say in that link that Marissa Alexander went to her ex's house. I don't know. I don't even care enough to reread it. It is said elsewhere. Alexander violated a court order and went to where her ex was living and gave him a black eye.

And the original shot fired was not fired by Alexander in her own house, at least not the house where she was living at that time. It was fired in the house where her ex lived, where she went when she wasn't supposed to.

I'm sorry that you don't know all the facts of this case. If you are so concerned, I hope you will dig for them. I am tired of these Zimmerman threads and only stayed in this one to give you a lead on some facts about the Marissa Alexander case that you appear not to know about.

If you don't care enough to look up more facts on your own, I don't care that much either.

Zimmerman is the subject of a witch hunt. A partially black guy who has helped and protested for some of the less fortunate members of the black community. But because the media looked at his name and thought they had a "white man kills black child" story to run with, injustice after injustice has been piled on Zimmerman.

If you care about the Marissa Alexander case enough to look up the details for yourself, then good. If you don't, then oh well. My interest was in the Zimmerman case and now I'm done. I'm just going to trust that in spite of the DOJ's highest hopes that they'll be able to find some racial animus in Zimmerman's make-up, they'll fail, as the FBI did before them.

And now I'm done with this thread as well all the other Zimmerman threads.

Last edited:
When they notice and/or observe some creepy man following them?

You know what, Marc? As little children we are taught that hitting isn't acceptable behavior. What Trayvon Martin should have done is simply walk inside the condo he was staying at. What he SHOULDN'T have done is walk back to confront the "creepy man" and punch him in the nose. That's idiotic. What's even more idiotic...is to knock the "creepy man" down and instead of walking away, straddle them and proceed to inflict more damage to an essentially helpless individual who isn't doing much of anything but screaming for help. Who does that?
You don't know WHO threw the first punch, yet you and others spew this BS out there as if it's Gospel Truth.

Why?!?!?!??

If everything went down the exact same way, except that his victim was a pretty blonde white girl.

Even if she had stolen items from neighbors houses on her person and marijuana in her pockets, and oozing from her pores.

I'd bet my bottom-dollar on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back