The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Completely true
2. So? Zimmerman had the right to do what he was doing and he was viciously attacked.
3. Why not? Why should he be punished if he didn't break any laws?
4. That is part of Florida's law so it was in the jury instructions.
5. Completely true
6. No one knows
7. That is not illegal

It's not going to stop until the NEXT George Zimmerman type loses his life trying a stunt like that.

The Wild, Wild West gun-slinging nonsense will start to slow down then.

The prosecution could strike SIX jurors. Imagine what they were like.

Not quite true. In the Zimmerman case, both the prosecution and defendant could strike up to six jurors without giving a reason (this is know as a peremptory challenges). However, there is no limit to how many jurors can be stricken for cause. There are almost a dozen reasons why a person can be kept off a jury for cause.

The first link below explains what is meant by peremptory challenges, and the second link explains the reasons for which a juror can be stricken for cause.

Legal Dictionary | Law.com

- Chapter 913 - 2012 Florida Statutes - The Florida Senate

Convicted or not, this was still ultimately Zimmerman's fault.

Many people like to play the "domino theory" game when discussing this case. The like to say that "If Zimmerman didn't get out of his car.." or "If Zimmerman wasn't a wanna be cop..." etc... then this wouldn't have happened.

Couldn't you also make the case on the other side? If Martin hadn't been suspended from school for fighting and drug possession, he may not have moved in with his father and may not have even been walking through the neighborhood at the time Zimmerman was there.

Both gentlement brought this situation upon themselves; period. Zimmerman when he chose to follow Martin. Martin when he chose to physically attack Zimmerman. Martin had 4 minutes, from when he first ran, to get home (between 300-400ft). Instead he chose to return and confront Martin. Zimmerman put himself in the situation to be attacked, and Martin put himself in the situation to be shot.

The suspension has nothing to do with that night and Trayvon had every right to visit his father and going to public store to buy snacks. And you can not tell the Martin's how to raise their child. If his parents dcided he best spend his suspension time when his dad then that is their decision.

George was there when Trayvon got there. You have no conception of walking and taking alternatwe routes. The four minute was him walking back home , George was there before Trayvon got there. Rachel's phone call tells you Trayvon just got there and was suprised too see George there.

The wholr thing would not have happend if Zimmerman staid in his car and that 911 oerpator out to be fired for egging him on. He tell Ziimerman to not follow him ,. then says were is he now? TThe 911 oporator should toatly be fired for that.

Then you are a complete idiot and have no clue what self defense is.

Why do you have signatures talking about following Christ, and yet you call someone a "complete idiot"?

Tsk, tsk, tsk.

You expect me to lie?

It's not about me. It's about what Jesus expects of you. And from what I remember, He would expect you to love your neighbor...so you would not have to be lying if you refrained from calling them nasty names. You wouldn't want to call them nasty names.

Why am I wasting my time. I think I've figured it out. Your signature lines are there in mockery of Christianity, they're not sincere. That's the only thing that makes sense based on the way you talk to people.

I'm an agnostic and I have more respect for Jesus Christ than you do.

This is how fucked up in the head the left is. :eusa_hand:

Attachments

• $zBK96lw.jpg
    $zBK96lw.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 47
The prosecution could strike SIX jurors. Imagine what they were like.

Not quite true. In the Zimmerman case, both the prosecution and defendant could strike up to six jurors without giving a reason (this is know as a peremptory challenges). However, there is no limit to how many jurors can be stricken for cause. There are almost a dozen reasons why a person can be kept off a jury for cause.

The first link below explains what is meant by peremptory challenges, and the second link explains the reasons for which a juror can be stricken for cause.

Legal Dictionary | Law.com

- Chapter 913 - 2012 Florida Statutes - The Florida Senate

Thanks for the clarification.

Both sides had the chance to keep or strike jurors. Each side had 10 peremptory strikes -- 10 opportunities to eliminate potential jurors without having to disclose their reasons -- and an unlimited number of strikes "for cause," for such reasons as bias or hardships.

All-female jury to try Zimmerman - CNN.com

That's the rub, though, Av.

Racism only exists when it's White/Black

"Creepy ass cracker" isn't a racial comment.
Man, you have a short memory
:eusa_shhh:

No one is telling you that you can't be racist. You just can't deny people a job because of it. Or shoot them dead because of it. That sort of thing.

Considering hotysir has never wanted to be racist, I don't think he was that concerned about it. We are talking about Zona's racism. Oddly enough you don't seem to be telling him he cant shoot people dead because of his racism.

He doesn't want to shoot Zimmerman because of his race. He would shoot him because he perceives him as a threat. I don't feel any racism directed my way from Zona, and I'm lily white. I understand how this all must feel to Zona. I can feel his pain, so I concede him an angry statement here and there without chalking it up to his being racist.

Why do you have signatures talking about following Christ, and yet you call someone a "complete idiot"?

Tsk, tsk, tsk.

You expect me to lie?

It's not about me. It's about what Jesus expects of you. And from what I remember, He would expect you to love your neighbor...so you would not have to be lying if you refrained from calling them nasty names. You wouldn't want to call them nasty names.

Why am I wasting my time. I think I've figured it out. Your signature lines are there in mockery of Christianity, they're not sincere. That's the only thing that makes sense based on the way you talk to people.

im pretty sure if Jesus can call others fools and still love them, I can do likewise.

You're "wasting your time" because you are a hypocrite who has no problem with supporting Zona in his paranoid decision to kill Zimmerman in cold blood if he ever sees them but has a problem with me pointing out that he would be a total idiot if he actually believed he could claim self defense in that situation.

Ironic that out of the two of us, im the one concerned enough to encourage him not to murder someone.

4 Jurors Distance Themselves From Juror B37

ORLANDO, Fla. — Four of the jurors at the George Zimmerman trial distanced themselves late Tuesday from statements that another juror made in a televised interview.

The four jurors issued a brief statement on court stationary saying that the opinions expressed by Juror B37 to CNN's Anderson Cooper on Monday night are not representative of their views.

More: George Zimmerman Juror B37's Comments Are Not Representative Of Us, Other Jurors Claim

You expect me to lie?

im pretty sure if Jesus can call others fools and still love them, I can do likewise.

You're "wasting your time" because you are a hypocrite who has no problem with supporting Zona in his paranoid decision to kill Zimmerman in cold blood if he ever sees them but has a problem with me pointing out that he would be a total idiot if he actually believed he could claim self defense in that situation.

Ironic that out of the two of us, im the one concerned enough to encourage him not to murder someone.

Difference is....Jesus is the son of God and actually KNOWS when someone is a fool.....you claiming to have the same insight into the hearts and minds of man as Christ? I call you a blasphemer.!

When they notice and/or observe some creepy man following them?

You know what, Marc? As little children we are taught that hitting isn't acceptable behavior. What Trayvon Martin should have done is simply walk inside the condo he was staying at. What he SHOULDN'T have done is walk back to confront the "creepy man" and punch him in the nose. That's idiotic. What's even more idiotic...is to knock the "creepy man" down and instead of walking away, straddle them and proceed to inflict more damage to an essentially helpless individual who isn't doing much of anything but screaming for help. Who does that?
You don't know WHO threw the first punch, yet you and others spew this BS out there as if it's Gospel Truth.

Why?!?!?!??

None of us were there, therefore we only have the physical evidence to go by, so what did the evidence suggest? Come on now, this is an easy lay up. According to the physical evidence, which person was more likely to have thrown the first punch?

It's not going to stop until the NEXT George Zimmerman type loses his life trying a stunt like that.

The Wild, Wild West gun-slinging nonsense will start to slow down then.

Black males kill white men every day, and in far greater numbers than the white men killing black men. If your theory is correct, then shouldn't we be seeing the wild west gun slinging nonsense stop in the black community? How many white people have to die before THAT happens?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back