The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And according to Zimmerman's sworn testimony, that's exactly what he did. Zimmerman claimed it was Martin that came back and assaulted him.

I'm not saying that's the truth (how could I know?), but I wonder how you're so damn sure it isn't. Care to explain?

TM's dead body.

You didn't answer the question. The fact Martin ended up dead does not mean Zimmerman confronted him after being asked by the 911 operator not to do so.

So, again, HOW DO YOU KNOW Zimmerman followed and confronted Martin? Stated differently how do you know Zimmerman lied? Looking for evidence, logic or reason.

So, you've got nothing?

Color me shocked...:doubt:

I thought this was the prosecutions case. Why are all the defense witnesses testifying.

it appears, to me at least that they felt that they wanted to get ahead of the game, and , I wonder if the prosecution thinks at all, as of now, if they are going to get a guilty verdict , even on manslaughter, they know what they have left to put up there to make there case but so far, to me, it doesn't look good.

I wonder, if offered, would zimmerman accept a reckless endangerment plea? no time, probation....j

ust playing devils advocate...

FB Coach says Trayvon was a great kid. Non-confrontational.

What year did TM play FB?

Bering suspended from school = losing the privilege to play FB.

Annnnnnnnnd...how can anyone be non-confrontational if they do play FB, unless someone is the water boy? One has to be somewhat aggressive!!

Disclaimer: I am not implying that TM was a water boy.

Look at Z. Molested his cousin. Had a restraining order for beating his girlfriend.

Paranoid, bully, coward.

Have you purchased the carrier pigeons to get that information to the jury?

I thought this was the prosecutions case. Why are all the defense witnesses testifying.

The reason is the defense would call them anyways... better to get them up on the stand and get it over with.

I suspect the prosecution will argue in closing that GZ's help was standing right there just a few feet away not to mention the police that were right there within moments... They may also argue TMs prints were not on the weapon, GZs prints are on the weapon. They may argue that GZ did not have to kill TM, he did it because he wanted to kill him out of anger for getting hit, not out of self defense.

OK WEAK ARGUMENT.. running out of plausible scenarios.

Those jurors are thinking, that could have been their child who was brutally murdered.

The state has already won this case and it's only getting started.

His duty was not to confront but to call 911 according to the neighborhood watch rules and what the 911 guy told him.

And according to Zimmerman's sworn testimony, that's exactly what he did. Zimmerman claimed it was Martin that came back and assaulted him.

I'm not saying that's the truth (how could I know?), but I wonder how you're so damn sure it isn't. Care to explain?

Snookie WANTS Zimmerman to pay. It's not about the law. It's not about the right to defend yourself from bodily harm. It's about a white dude paying because a 12 year old black kid did a stupid thing.

Maybe.

I'd like to see some case law on that.

the plethora of case law on this will provide you ample opportunity to review the issue. i have, however, provided a more concise view in the california penal code:

CA Codes (pen:187-199)

see specifically for this case 197-199

Doesn't tell me anything I didn't already know.

Here's the operative part....

but such person, or the
person in whose behalf the defense was made, if he was the assailant
or engaged in mutual combat, must really and in good faith have
endeavored to decline any further struggle before the homicide was
committed;

Edge:
Like I said, I already knew that.

Like I said, he's got problems. The burden shifts to him.

BTW, I never said you were wrong, I just said he's got problems. If you start a fight and you kill the man (or in the case of libtards, the little girl) you're fighting with?

You got serious problems. The burden falls to you.

actually, the entire burden does not fall to you, remember, this is a criminal case. i found some information specific to FL for you:

Six years ago in Murray v. State, 937 So.2d 277, 279 (Fla. 4th Dist. 2006), the Fourth District Court of Appeal in Florida ruled that once a defendant in a criminal case has introduced proof that he acted in self-defense the jury is entitled to consider the defense, and the jury may not convict the defendant unless it finds beyond a reasonable that he did not act in self-defense. The Fourth District Court of Appeal stated:

Zimmerman's Low Burden of Proof on the Issue of Self Defense

does that help?

My question is why is it that (predictably) the rightwing tea party types are rooting so hard for Zimmerman?

His duty was not to confront but to call 911 according to the neighborhood watch rules and what the 911 guy told him.

Snookie WANTS Zimmerman to pay. It's not about the law. It's not about the right to defend yourself from bodily harm. It's about a white dude paying because a 12 year old black kid did a stupid thing.

I'm just looking for Snook to back up the claim that Zim followed and confronted Martin after being asked not to do so.

How does it know?

And, is Snookie TM's sock? Just wondering.

The reason is the defense would call them anyways... better to get them up on the stand and get it over with.

I suspect the prosecution will argue in closing that GZ's help was standing right there just a few feet away not to mention the police that were right there within moments... They may also argue TMs prints were not on the weapon, GZs prints are on the weapon. They may argue that GZ did not have to kill TM, he did it because he wanted to kill him out of anger for getting hit, not out of self defense.

I don't think they would use the "help was standing right there" argument. It could easily be countered that when Zim saw that help walk away to call 911, he felt there was no option left but to point and shoot.

More from the medical records of Z the day after the incident:

He had 2 black eyes - possibly as an after-effect of the broken nose.

I thought the PA did a good job of explaining that the black eyes don't happen immediately. Last year I fell and hit my head ABOVE my left eye. It was at night. The next morning my eyelid was slightly purple. As the week progressed more and more blood pooled underneath my eye. I had a full blown shiner, from a bump two inches above my eye. That same week I had to call the cops on a wild patient and the cops thought he had hit me. I had to explain that black eyes don't happen that fast.

They did show a lot of other areas of bruising and swelling on Zimmerman's head. They did a good job of that.

My question is why is it that (predictably) the rightwing tea party types are rooting so hard for Zimmerman?

I for one am not 'rooting' for either side. I am interested in hearing why some here are just so damn sure Zimmerman followed, confronted and attacked Martin.

How can they possible know this?

I don't think they would use the "help was standing right there" argument. It could easily be countered that when Zim saw that help walk away to call 911, he felt there was no option left but to point and shoot.

Or not have known he was going to call 911. Just saw him walk away. And the witness stated that he went upstairs in his house. No way for Zimmerman to know he had called for help.

Plus Zimmerman knew the police were on the way...he already called them

The defense is Trayvon saw and went for the gun self defense more than he was beating me up. Naturally the prosecution won't be bring in the tapes that mention that. We'll have to wait for the real defense teams turn

At the start of the story the left's hit squad was going after Zimmerman. I think the result of that was the right came to Zim's defense.

I'm nether right wing nor left wing... more constitutional conservative and I'm a fan of the Tea Party... I'm rooting for justice wherever that leads.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back