The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As reported by the police investigator, I still don't understand why Zimmerman never told Martin who he was. I wonder why he didn't...?

Lakhota, you don't know that he didn't.

Police investigator, Christopher Serino, said he didn't.

The capias states, "the encounter between George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin was ultimately avoidable by Zimmerman, if Zimmerman had remained in his vehicle and waited the arrival of law enforcement or conversely if he had identified himself to Martin as a concerned citizen and initiated dialog in an effort to dispel each party's concern".

Shooting of Trayvon Martin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Investigator Christopher Serino, who was the investigator on the scene that night, told the prosecutor that the fight could have been avoided if Zimmerman hadn't gotten out of his car and waited until the police came on the scene as he was told to do. He said Zimmerman, should have identified himself as a neighborhood watch person or concerned citizen and try to talk to Martin instead of confronting him. That why Zimmerman is being charged with second degree murder but will probably get convicted of manslaughter.

Why Was Trayvon Martin Shot And Killed By George Zimmerman?

One police document contained in the discovery concluded, “The encounter between George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin was ultimately avoidable by Zimmerman, if Zimmerman had remained in his vehicle and awaited the arrival of law enforcement, or conversely if he had identified himself to Martin as a concerned citizen and initiated dialogue in an effort to dispel each party’s concerns.” It added, “There is no indication that Trayvon Martin was involved in any criminal activity at the time of the encounter.”

The George Zimmerman murder trial should be a slam-dunk for the prosecution | The Westside Gazette

Well I don't care what the PA said because I can see with my own eyes in that picture that man is not obese. He is fit. I wouldn't even say he is over weight. And lets not forget muscle weighs more than fat.

he is still a fatty fat at 194

but who cares what you believe

i can only tell you what was testimony in court today

the state did not impeach her for saying it

What do you call 304 lbs? I call that an effort to influence the jury. Unfair fight between a teenager and a fat older man. People don't gain 100 pounds just like that.

Well I don't care what the PA said because I can see with my own eyes in that picture that man is not obese. He is fit. I wouldn't even say he is over weight. And lets not forget muscle weighs more than fat.

What do you call 304 lbs? I call that an effort to influence the jury. Unfair fight between a teenager and a fat older man. People don't gain 100 pounds just like that.

what just like that --lol

he has been sitting on his duffy for more then a year

okay....then if he gets five years in prison, he'll come out over 800 lbs? Is that your logic?

okay....then if he gets five years in prison, he'll come out over 800 lbs? Is that your logic?

we wouldnt be sitting on his duffy

he's not in an oversized jacket here http://a.abcnews.com/images/US/abc_george_zimmerman_2_dm_120621_wg.jpg

The medical standards for obese are pretty crazy. When done by weight and height alone they are often very in accurate.

My point is he doesn't appear to be a severely out of shape man.

You have no idea if he's out of shape or not if you're basing on just pictures and clothed at that. Weight and height are not 100% accurate, but 200 lbs. under 6 feet without a ripped body or some demonstrated physical prowess is out of shape.

he's not in an oversized jacket here http://a.abcnews.com/images/US/abc_george_zimmerman_2_dm_120621_wg.jpg

The medical standards for obese are pretty crazy. When done by weight and height alone they are often very in accurate.

My point is he doesn't appear to be a severely out of shape man.

You have no idea if he's out of shape or not if you're basing on just pictures and clothed at that. Weight and height are not 100% accurate, but 200 lbs. under 6 feet without a ripped body or some demonstrated physical prowess is out of shape.

zimmerman is 5ft7

He is looking a bit chunky, but he is also keeping a low profile and not as active since this mess began.

I'm not sure that he couldn't reasonably gain 100 pounds in a year if he was already overweight and under stress, but I agree that this is part of his defense. He was certainly (in my opinion) counseled to not appear ripped and in shape and yes, I agree that this is done to influence the jury.

When the prosecution is trying to exclude the statistics on youth purchases of skittles and fruity drinks (it wasn't "iced tea") to paint Martin as an angel, the defense says that a star football player was beating up a fat guy. Such is our judicial system.

If he gets the five years he deserves, he likely won't make it out of prison alive and then if he does, he'll get murdered shortly after his release IMO.

Zimmerman is fucked - and THAT's why one should only pursue when armed if one has no other choice.

My Summation:

Zimmerman profiled Martin - for no apparent reason (other than maybe walking in the rain while black and wearing a hoodie).

Zimmerman ignored police dispatch not to follow Martin.

Zimmerman continued to follow (stalk) Martin.

Zimmerman never told Martin who he was and/or why he was following him - per police investigator Christopher Serino (see post #3875).

Zimmerman (armed) murdered Martin (unarmed).

My Summation:

Zimmerman profiled Martin - for no apparent reason (other than maybe walking in the rain while black and wearing a hoodie).

Zimmerman never told Martin who he was and/or why he was following him - per police investigator Christopher Serino (see post #3875).

Well then you need to head down to Sanford right away and help the prosecution out because apparently you have evidence for murder that they don't.

I believe that the term "Cracker" (at least in Florida) came from the whips that early Florida cattle herders used. I don't believe it has anything to do with slavery.

So Florida has a different meaning for the slur cracker? Thats like saying Texas has a different meaning for the N word.

There are several theories as to how it derived, but today they all have the same racial implications.

Not so much in Florida. I find that down here it's viewed by many as a badge of honor rather than an insult. Cracker is what long time Floridians refer to themselves...the ones that had family here for many generations.

On the other hand Cracker IS used as a derogatory term most other places. There it refers generally to poor white trash.

yep and black people use the N word with each other for the same reasons...doesnt mean it isnt offensive to come from a white person.

My Summation:

Well then you need to head down to Sanford right away and help the prosecution out because apparently you have evidence for murder that they don't.

Prosecution doesn't need my help. They're saving the best for last...

So Florida has a different meaning for the slur cracker? Thats like saying Texas has a different meaning for the N word.

There are several theories as to how it derived, but today they all have the same racial implications.

Not so much in Florida. I find that down here it's viewed by many as a badge of honor rather than an insult. Cracker is what long time Floridians refer to themselves...the ones that had family here for many generations.

On the other hand Cracker IS used as a derogatory term most other places. There it refers generally to poor white trash.

yep and black people use the N word with each other for the same reasons...doesnt mean it isnt offensive to come from a white person.

Oh, believe me when I tell you that when a black person from Florida uses the term "Cracker" it IS meant to be derogatory. It always struck me as almost humorous how the same term can be used as an insult to the same people who consider it to be label of pride. When Trayvon Martin called George Zimmerman a "Cracker" it was a racial slur. I find it rather amusing how so many people here viewed Zimmerman even referring to Martin as being "black" to be a racist act yet Martin's referring to Zimmerman as a "Cracker" wasn't even criticized. Correct me if I'm wrong here, folks but calling someone a racially derogatory term and then heading off to confront them with violence would seem to fall under the heading of "hate crime". Or does that only hold true when it's a white person calling someone of color a name and then attacking them?

Fair is fair...

Last edited:
Reasonable doubt as defined was just verified by the mumbling, overweight, teen.

I'm sure her weight issue is a thyroid problem.

Or perhaps her education is such her weekly pay can afford reams of Chicken and bacon

IDK

-Geaux

She can speak three languages. English is her THIRD...

You?

And it would be great if she could speak just one of them well enough for her court appearance.

My favorite part of Rachel's testimony was when she DEMANDED to see the transcript of her previous statement but then couldn't read it when it was given to her. Memo to all you illiterates out there! If you want to make yourself look REALLY stupid...demand to read something and then once they give it to you...have to admit that you can't read.

Oh, believe me when I tell you that when a black person from Florida uses the term "Cracker" it IS meant to be derogatory. It always struck me as almost humorous how the same term can be used as an insult to the same people who consider it to be label of pride. When Trayvon Martin called George Zimmerman a "Cracker" it was a racial slur. I find it rather amusing how so many people here viewed Zimmerman even referring to Martin as being "black" to be a racist act yet Martin's referring to Zimmerman as a "Cracker" wasn't even criticized. Correct me if I'm wrong here, folks but calling someone a racially derogatory term and then heading off to confront them with violence would seem to fall under the heading of "hate crime". Or does that only hold true when it's a white person calling someone of color a name and then attacking them?

Fair is fair...

Excellent point. That is why they wanted the word "coon" to stick...they wanted him to have said coon so bad they could taste it. There were some that did want to present it as a hate crime because of that term.

Double standard and how offended some get when the cracker word is said to be offensive...you dont have the right to be offended...lol.

Actually, what I saw was an abusive attorney slapping around a 19 year old girl.

Can't see how that goes over well with an all female jury. Especially when the judge told West to lower his voice.

Zimmerman attorney grills RAchel Jeantel in Trayvon Martin case | Washington Times Communities

Someone needs to take the girl over their knee and give her something she has probably never had...a good whoopin'. If I was trays mom, Id be going after her throat the way she has disrespected this court and that it could have an effect on the verdict. Id be pissed at her if I was the Martins.

She is a poorly educated (possibly special needs) young woman who appears to be not very smart (or her intelligence hasn't been developed); she is unsophisticated; she doesn't know how to behave (no one has taught her). That doesn't maker her a liar or a punk or deserve a 'good whooping.' She's a simple, poorly educated young person who has been thrown into a situation of national media attention and criticism she doesn't want. Give her a break.

They can't give her a break because that would require them dropping the hatred for 5 minutes.

I felt like West was making fun of her at times and kept her on the stand too long just so he could harass her. She knew it and it frustrated her. You could see a change in her after every break, she was trying to get along better with him. By the end of the questioning, she was right back to being snippy.

Who wants some dumbass lawyer talking down to you for hours. It is his job to impeach but he went on too long as usual. Wish I knew what the jury thought about that.

One thing Ive noticed is that most dont live in that complex for very long...all of the witnesses it seems USED to live there....lol.

They probably all moved after that murder. Someone already testified that it was a nice neighborhood. It looks nice there.

If he gets the five years he deserves, he likely won't make it out of prison alive and then if he does, he'll get murdered shortly after his release IMO.

Zimmerman is fucked - and THAT's why one should only pursue when armed if one has no other choice.

Well, I think one should only pursue when armed if one has extremely good judgement and nerves of steel. And this Zimmerman asshole didn't have either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back