The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was born and raised in California. My father was born and raised in Arkansas. My mother was born and raised in california. Cracker is a racist term just like honky is.

Why didn't Martin say creey ass white guy?

As reported by the police investigator, I still don't understand why Zimmerman never told Martin who he was. I wonder why he didn't...?

For the same reason he didn't properly pursue a suspicious person - he's an untrained idiot. And untrained idiots who pack heat are responsible for the results of their actions.

Sadly, I don't think that's going to be the result. In my opinion this will be a case of "social justice" either way. Either the jury can't bring themselves to put Zimmerman behind bars for life because the case for murder is so weak or the jury is going to convict so that their town isn't subjected to an angry mob.

This was an open and shut case for manslaughter. When armed, you need to make sure that you don't get yourself put in a situation where you are going to get your ass kicked. Zimmerman made the choice to pursue and he did so poorly. He was smart enough to get a permit to carry a gun and but wasn't smart enough to educate himself on how to handle situations while armed.

The only caveat in my opinion is whether the evidence shows that Zimmerman was reasonable in thinking that Martin was actually trying to kill him.
I agree. Very well said.:clap2: Is manslaughter one of the lesser included charges?

Well I don't care what the PA said because I can see with my own eyes in that picture that man is not obese. He is fit. I wouldn't even say he is over weight. And lets not forget muscle weighs more than fat.

As reported by the police investigator, I still don't understand why Zimmerman never told Martin who he was. I wonder why he didn't...?

For the same reason he didn't properly pursue a suspicious person - he's an untrained idiot. And untrained idiots who pack heat are responsible for the results of their actions.

Sadly, I don't think that's going to be the result. In my opinion this will be a case of "social justice" either way. Either the jury can't bring themselves to put Zimmerman behind bars for life because the case for murder is so weak or the jury is going to convict so that their town isn't subjected to an angry mob.

This was an open and shut case for manslaughter. When armed, you need to make sure that you don't get yourself put in a situation where you are going to get your ass kicked. Zimmerman made the choice to pursue and he did so poorly. He was smart enough to get a permit to carry a gun and but wasn't smart enough to educate himself on how to handle situations while armed.

The only caveat in my opinion is whether the evidence shows that Zimmerman was reasonable in thinking that Martin was actually trying to kill him.

THAT I agree with. Zimmerman acted like a tard. He does not deserve to walk with no punishment. But I also don't think he needs to spend his entire life behind bars.

If this is what you consider obese http://static.globalgrind.com/sites...cle_images_540/images/2013_june/143167159.jpg

then no wonder eating disorders are so prevalent.

Anyone can look skinny in an oversized suit.

Look at his shoulders, they are not at the corners if his suit. Note that his arms are bent, to hide the fact that his jacket is too long.

I remember doing the best I could for younger Marines under my charge when they were not conforming to weight standards but were still in good shape. The first thing I did was put them in an oversized jacket to make them appear thinner. Yeah, they were too fat but there was no reason to end their careers while there was still time to get them in shape (in school).

5'7" and 204 lbs. without some extremely low body fat is obese.

Well I don't care what the PA said because I can see with my own eyes in that picture that man is not obese. He is fit. I wouldn't even say he is over weight. And lets not forget muscle weighs more than fat.

he is still a fatty fat at 194

but who cares what you believe

i can only tell you what was testimony in court today

the state did not impeach her for saying it

Does anyone know if they are charging him straigh M2 or if they will have lesser included offenses?

204 lbs 5ft 7 obese

Zimmerman was 194 and is 5'8". He has gained 110 pounds for the trial.

the PA in testimony at court today

reviewed the document held by the state as evidence

said that the day after the shooting when he came to her office

he weighed 204 pounds and was 5 ft 7 making him obese

In a police statement shortly after the Feb. 26, 2012, shooting, Zimmerman identified himself as 5 feet, 8 inches tall and 194 pounds. The former neighborhood watch volunteer, who has cited self-defense in the Sanford, Fla., shooting, was then 30 pounds heavier and four inches shorter than the teen.
Read more: George Zimmerman gains more than 100 pounds since fatally shooting Trayvon Martin* - NY Daily News

Take a look at the pictures at the link. At the time of the death of TM, there were only 30 lbs. difference between them.

If this is what you consider obese http://static.globalgrind.com/sites...cle_images_540/images/2013_june/143167159.jpg

then no wonder eating disorders are so prevalent.

Anyone can look skinny in an oversized suit.

Look at his shoulders, they are not at the corners if his suit. Note that his arms are bent, to hide the fact that his jacket is too long.

I remember doing the best I could for younger Marines under my charge when they were not conforming to weight standards but were still in good shape. The first thing I did was put them in an oversized jacket to make them appear thinner. Yeah, they were too fat but there was no reason to end their careers while there was still time to get them in shape (in school).

5'7" and 204 lbs. without some extremely low body fat is obese.

he has a double chin in that picture

Funny how that works, huh? Ive heard some even try to say that cracker isnt a racial slur...calling it saltine (in other words white salt vs black pepper...another racial slur....lol)

Cracker refers to the "whip cracking" slave drivers of the yester century...its extremely offensive to those in the country trying to move forward.

I believe that the term "Cracker" (at least in Florida) came from the whips that early Florida cattle herders used. I don't believe it has anything to do with slavery.

So Florida has a different meaning for the slur cracker? Thats like saying Texas has a different meaning for the N word.

There are several theories as to how it derived, but today they all have the same racial implications.

Not so much in Florida. I find that down here it's viewed by many as a badge of honor rather than an insult. Cracker is what long time Floridians refer to themselves...the ones that had family here for many generations.

On the other hand Cracker IS used as a derogatory term most other places. There it refers generally to poor white trash.

I agree. Very well said.:clap2: Is manslaughter one of the lesser included charges?

According to a friend of mine that was cited as a legal expert early on in this mess, yes. But as I said earlier, it's hard to get a jury to switch gears on self-defense when it's murder vs. manslaughter since self-defense is discrete - it either exists or it doesn't. If it does (saying Zimmerman isn't guilty of murder), then it also exists for manslaughter since the law makes no distinction.

However, if this case were just manslaughter it would be much easier to orient the jury towards convicting Zimmerman on things they believe he should have done to avoid shooting a teenager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back