The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats true...initially he gets out to follow...but as the call proceeds it turns into the dispatcher getting his exact location...read the transcript.

Yes.

He goes into a dark area used for dog walking with no houses close by..to get an address.

That's sounds perfectly plausible. In Bizzaro world.

It is perfectly plausible.

When you watch the reenactment it makes perfect sense.

And it aligns perfectly with the Police Transcript...Zimmerman explicitly states he doesn't know where he is.

911 dispatcher:
Are you following him? [2:24]

Zimmerman:
Yeah. [2:25]

That's why he went into the dark dog walk.

He wanted to get his man.

Off. Doris Singleton is yet another defense witness put on by the prosecution.

Who's the DA that wanted to proceed with this trial? Hope he gets his ass handed to him when this is over.

I agree...she is making the defense case..."no significant discrepancies".

However, he should have been arrested from the beginning, IMO. He shot someone. Arrest him, set bail, wait for the trial. This is why you dont follow...you may find yourself on trial defending your actions.

Cant just not arrest someone just because they CLAIM self defense. What precedent would that send? It sucks...but thats the way it has to be, imo. Evidence has to be gathered to substantiate his claim.
Yes you can not arrest someone on that claim:

“Zimmerman provided a statement claiming he acted in self defense, which at the time was supported by physical evidence and testimony,” the letter, signed by Sanford City Manager Norton Bonaparte Jr., says. “By Florida Statute, law enforcement was PROHIBITED from making an arrest based on the facts and circumstances they had at the time.” (Caps are theirs.) here. Read further and you'll see the witch hunt the followed

According to other testimony, Tray was on the bottom. Zimmerman was the aggressor. I believe Good was the only one who said Z was on the bottom.

Capiche?

The cuts on the back of Zimmerman's head place him on the bottom.

Sarah doesn't care about the evidence. She just hates the stand your ground laws and doesn't care about a fair trial.
I agree with you. Of course stand your ground had nothign to do with this. Even if FL did not have a stand your ground law Zimmerman is still innocent on a self defense plea.

Yes.

He goes into a dark area used for dog walking with no houses close by..to get an address.

And it aligns perfectly with the Police Transcript...Zimmerman explicitly states he doesn't know where he is.

911 dispatcher:

Zimmerman:

Manslaughter, right :doubt:

Lie about what?

Zimmerman was arrested for assaulting a cop and had a restraining order put on him after he beat the shit out of his fiancée.

Additionally he was fired from his sparkling career as a security guard because of his temper.

You do know his present wife was arrested too, for lying about their finances..right?

This guy is a real model citizen, alrighty.

You lied when you said that Zimmerman "fought a cop." There is no evidence to show that, he was not convicted of that.
You lied when you said that Zimmerman "beat the shit out of his fiancee." There is no evidence to show that, he was not convicted of that.

I never said he is a model citizen. I've said repeatedly that this case was a slam dunk for manslaughter.

I agree with you on the last part. He's been overcharged.

Yes.

911 dispatcher:

Zimmerman:

911 dispatcher:
OK.
We don’t need you to do that. [2:26]

Zimmerman:
OK. [2:28]

But he stopped following him.

Can't cherry pick Sallow.

If he answered honestly that he was following, then there is no reason to doubt that he answered honestly about stopping.

Actually, Zimmerman shoved someone who was accosting his friend at a bar and it turned out that the guy was a cop that didn't identify himself. He was not convicted. There are conflicting stories between he and his fiancee, both claim the other hit them. Both were given restraining orders.

Why do you have to lie if you're so sure about this case?

Lie about what?

Zimmerman was arrested for assaulting a cop and had a restraining order put on him after he beat the shit out of his fiancée.

Additionally he was fired from his sparkling career as a security guard because of his temper.

You do know his present wife was arrested too, for lying about their finances..right?

This guy is a real model citizen, alrighty.

You lied when you said that Zimmerman "fought a cop." There is no evidence to show that, he was not convicted of that.
You lied when you said that Zimmerman "beat the shit out of his fiancee." There is no evidence to show that, he was not convicted of that.

I never said he is a model citizen. I've said repeatedly that this case was a slam dunk for manslaughter.

Whether or not he is a model citizen has nothing whatsoever to do with whether Zimmerman did or did not shoot Trayvon Martin in self defense. It could have some effect on how much the jury believes Zimmerman in court, however. But to use those brief previous skirmishes as evidence against Zimmerman's veracity makes it imperative to use Martin's past history also as evidence. Either Zimmerman was the aggressor or Martin was. Given their past histories and the circumstances at the time, which scenario is the more believable?

But to keep the record straight:

MSNBC reports that Zimmerman’s ex-fiance, Veronica Zuazo, filed a “civil motion for a restraining order alleging domestic violence” in 2005. Zimmerman counterfiled for a restraining order against Zuazo. Both restraining orders were eventually granted. In December of 2006, he was charged with speeding, but the charge was dismissed after the cop failed to show up in court.

In another incident in 2005, Zimmerman was charged with “resisting officer with violence” and “battery of law enforcement officer.”

MSNBC.com has more:

The charge was reduced to “resisting officer without violence” and then waived when he entered an alcohol education program. Contemporaneous accounts indicate he shoved an officer who was questioning a friend for alleged underage drinking at an Orange County bar.
George Zimmerman Domestic Violence | Breaking News for Black America

Last edited:
Yes.

911 dispatcher:

Zimmerman:

If so, that's murder.

Why did you say that you think Zimmerman was overcharged in the other thread?

Thats true...initially he gets out to follow...but as the call proceeds it turns into the dispatcher getting his exact location...read the transcript.

When did they do the walkthough reenactment?

Wasn't it like the next day?

Could they have had the transcript to the police call already?

Ummm...good question...wondered this myself. Truth is...I dont know, but I doubt, that they gave Zimmerman access to the 911 tape before the walk through. It seems to me that the police would want to see if his walkthrough matched up with the 911 call.

They also make them write everything down...so in a sense, they do all of these separately and then bump them together to make sure his story adds up.

My guess? His story matched up with in all three of those scenarios and with witnesses at the scene....THEREFORE, no arrest!

And yes...the reenactment was the very next day.

I ran the reenactment in one window and read the transcript in another...

I don't think anyone could put together a story that matched the Police Transcript of the call that well and keep it straight.

It is hard to doubt that Zimmerman is being truthful at least to the end of the transcripted call...IMO.

911 dispatcher:

Zimmerman:

If so, that's murder.

Why did you say that you think Zimmerman was overcharged in the other thread?

Because it's pretty tough to prove.

Off. Doris Singleton is yet another defense witness put on by the prosecution.

Who's the DA that wanted to proceed with this trial? Hope he gets his ass handed to him when this is over.

Cant just not arrest someone just because they CLAIM self defense. What precedent would that send? It sucks...but thats the way it has to be, imo. Evidence has to be gathered to substantiate his claim.

I think there should be an investigation of every shooting. But if there is no evidence of wrongdoing, then charges cannot be supported and should not be filed. I disagree an arrest should happen automatically. That's taking away someone's freedom before there is an investigation. I feel that's wrong. At first I felt this was overcharging. After seeing the "evidence" presented by the P, or I should say lack of evidence, I now believe GZ should be acquitted. This is bogus BS. His story is consistent with the witnesses statements, for all practical purposes, and the P has no case. Let. Him. Go!

Last edited:
When did they do the walkthough reenactment?

Wasn't it like the next day?

Could they have had the transcript to the police call already?

Ummm...good question...wondered this myself. Truth is...I dont know, but I doubt, that they gave Zimmerman access to the 911 tape before the walk through. It seems to me that the police would want to see if his walkthrough matched up with the 911 call.

They also make them write everything down...so in a sense, they do all of these separately and then bump them together to make sure his story adds up.

My guess? His story matched up with in all three of those scenarios and with witnesses at the scene....THEREFORE, no arrest!

And yes...the reenactment was the very next day.

I ran the reenactment in one window and read the transcript in another...

I don't think anyone could put together a story that matched the Police Transcript of the call that well and keep it straight.

It is hard to doubt that Zimmerman is being truthful at least to the end of the transcripted call...IMO.

Have I told you today how great you're doing? :)

Laying it down. Brick by brick fact by fact.

Because of the ineptness of the Florida statute; manslaughter could be a valid conviction if the prosecution proves culpable negligence. For some reason the "without lawful justification" part doesn't apply if it's a minor.

I would say that statute violates the second amendment. He has the right to bear arms to protect himself. The idea that he's 15 shouldn't mean shit.

782.07 Manslaughter; aggravated manslaughter of an elderly person or disabled adult; aggravated manslaughter of a child; aggravated manslaughter of an officer, a firefighter, an emergency medical technician, or a paramedic.—
(1) The killing of a human being by the act, procurement, or culpable negligence of another, without lawful justification according to the provisions of chapter 776 and in cases in which such killing shall not be excusable homicide or murder, according to the provisions of this chapter, is manslaughter, a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
(2) A person who causes the death of any elderly person or disabled adult by culpable negligence under s. 825.102(3) commits aggravated manslaughter of an elderly person or disabled adult, a felony of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
(3) A person who causes the death of any person under the age of 18 by culpable negligence under s. 827.03(2)(b) commits aggravated manslaughter of a child, a felony of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
(4) A person who causes the death, through culpable negligence, of an officer as defined in s. 943.10(14), a firefighter as defined in s. 112.191, an emergency medical technician as defined in s. 401.23, or a paramedic as defined in s. 401.23, while the officer, firefighter, emergency medical technician, or paramedic is performing duties that are within the course of his or her employment, commits aggravated manslaughter of an officer, a firefighter, an emergency medical technician, or a paramedic, a felony of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

I wonder if they're going to call Chief Bill.

At the rate they're going, I wouldn't be surprised if they called Fire Marshall Bill.

fire_marshall_bill_by_rumper1-d3hpno2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back