The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zimmerman is a fucking idiot, that is not in question!
His statements are not consistent on many issues but a few are.
He states he was attacked first and Martin was on top of him.
And the evidence supports that now as far as reasonable doubt which is the ONLY burden the defense has.
The entire burden in this case is the prosecution has to PROVE 100% OF THEIR CASE, EACH AND EVERY ELEMENT.
And so far it is not there.

I have no idea why you think he's an idiot but I do find it interesting.

Please explain.

First rule when police want to question you, ESPECIALLY IF YOU JUST SHOT SOMEONE:

Ask to speak to your LAWYER FIRST.

Second rule: LISTEN TO YOUR LAWYER AND DO NOT GIVE PUBLIC INTERVIEWS.

Third rule: DON'T GAIN WEIGHT IN A SELF DEFENSE CASE BEFORE TRIAL.

No offense taken but I have been doing this for 34 years.

Off. Doris Singleton is yet another defense witness put on by the prosecution.

Who's the DA that wanted to proceed with this trial? Hope he gets his ass handed to him when this is over.

Cant just not arrest someone just because they CLAIM self defense. What precedent would that send? It sucks...but thats the way it has to be, imo. Evidence has to be gathered to substantiate his claim.

I think their should be an investigation of every shooting. But if there is no evidence of wrongdoing, then charges cannot be supported and should not be filed. I disagree an arrest should happen automatically. That's taking away someone's freedom before there is an investigation. I feel that's wrong. At first I felt this was overcharging. After seeing the "evidence" presented by the P, or I should say lack of evidence, I now believe GZ should be acquitted. This is bogus BS. His story is consistent with the witnesses statements, for all practical purposes, and the P has no case. Let. Him. Go!

This is a political show trial for using a gun & profiling a black man. The anti gun nuts want anyone who kills automatically charged so they can jail them or break them financially for killing, profiling or using a gun. That is why states like Florida passed Stand Your Ground laws to prevent this. Otherwise when you get attacked you will be ruined or killed by the attacker or the justice system. It is illegal to defend your life or carry on as before.

NY & DC laws say you must use every opportunity to retreat before defending yourself & they automatically arrest anyone who kill criminals to preserve life. Thus the state attacks the victim again with trial, costly defense, loss of income & family.

However Zimmerman did call police, did not harm Martin, yelled for help many times & retreated before using deadly force as his last resort to save his life. He should never have been arrested or charged for defending his life. The state is punishing the victim again. Not to mention wasting tax dollars on this nonsense.

Last edited:
911 dispatcher testified as a prosecution witness:
Sean Noftke stated under oath when asked about telling Zimmerman "you do not have to that" if that was a police command or order.
Noftke testified that they never give commands or orders as 911 dispatchers as that may make them liable.
So the "Zimmerman was ordered to stand down" BS is out the door and flushed.
It is in evidence that Zimmerman was NEVER given any orders or commands by any law enforcement agency.
Ever.
Amazing the kooks that believed that stupid crap. I feel sort of sorry for anyone so ignorant to believe media talking head opinion makers.
So far I have not seen any evidence that helps the prosecution but this is not over.

When you have three count them three top personel at NBC losing their careers fabricating evidence to show that Z was racially profiling what can one say?

How crazy is this? Careers lost over some black kid getting offed in Florida?

What's going on here?

These people really want to rub the white mans face in it...While at the same time letting blacks feel that they can beat and destroy peoples lives...

-The left doesn't want a fair trial as their entire life is based on guiliting whites.
-The black community doesn't give a damn about justice as they're as racist as whites were in the 1920's. Looking for any reason to hang Zimmerman even if theres no case...Get ready for the riots!
What tops the cake is the fact that Zimmerman is a DARK Hispanic and the media is now caught with their pants down.

Even with all this if you're WHITE you best stay away from the inner-cities. Those people are full of so much hate that you could power a star ship with it. :eek:

I'm ready for the riots. They are pre planned. This is a given.

I'm just praying this jury isn't thinking about what is surely going to come down the pike. Sadly Matthew I can see so many thinking that you are a racist on this board. You are not. You just call it like it is.

Not eloquently. But you tell it like it is.

I think that hurts even more. I remember this vividly.

how-bob-tur-filmed-reginald-denny-s-beating.img.jpg

I do not understand why the prosecution just doesn't throw in the towel. Most of the witnesses only help the defense.

What a farce.

This was brought to the attention of the world because of political agenda's. It is sad

Miranda warning includes "everything and anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law"
What that really means is "everything you say will be twisted, slanted and distorted by the prosecution to make it appear you are guilty"
NEVER TALK TO POLICE WHEN YOU ARE A SUSPECT IN A CRIME.

I've noted a possible discrepancy between what Zimmerman said in the interview and what he said in the video made the next day at the scene.

In the interview at the police station, he said that the neighbor came out after he had shot Trayvon and asked if Zimmerman wanted him to call 911.

In the video made at the scene, he said that the exchange with the neighbor happened before he shot Trayvon.

I am relatively sure that the prosecution will pick this out. They are smarter than I. I'm just a lowly, critical thinking Engineer.

BTW, thanks for the streaming links. Had I two computers, I would watch it. I'm working from home today and can't stop. I need the full screen for what I'm doing.
I was wrong. In the video at the scene, Zimmerman referred to two conversations with neighbors; one during the fight, one after.

Thanks for the correction. :)

:thup:

Miranda warning includes "everything and anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law"
What that really means is "everything you say will be twisted, slanted and distorted by the prosecution to make it appear you are guilty"
NEVER TALK TO POLICE WHEN YOU ARE A SUSPECT IN A CRIME.

I don't think that had been established yet, according to Singleton. When was he established as the suspect? This is a self defense case...

Last edited:
Ummm...good question...wondered this myself. Truth is...I dont know, but I doubt, that they gave Zimmerman access to the 911 tape before the walk through. It seems to me that the police would want to see if his walkthrough matched up with the 911 call.

They also make them write everything down...so in a sense, they do all of these separately and then bump them together to make sure his story adds up.

My guess? His story matched up with in all three of those scenarios and with witnesses at the scene....THEREFORE, no arrest!

And yes...the reenactment was the very next day.

I ran the reenactment in one window and read the transcript in another...

I don't think anyone could put together a story that matched the Police Transcript of the call that well and keep it straight.

It is hard to doubt that Zimmerman is being truthful at least to the end of the transcripted call...IMO.

Zimmerman was trying for a career in law enforcement.

He probably knows enough to keep details few and make sure your story is plausible.

I don't think so.

IMO, you would have to be a self defense law expert and an accomplished liar to make up and keep up with a story that matched so perfectly.

I think a lot of folks are going to come out of this trial with egg on their face.

zimmerman is a fucking idiot, that is not in question!
His statements are not consistent on many issues but a few are.
He states he was attacked first and martin was on top of him.
And the evidence supports that now as far as reasonable doubt which is the only burden the defense has.
The entire burden in this case is the prosecution has to prove 100% of their case, each and every element.
And so far it is not there.

i have no idea why you think he's an idiot but i do find it interesting.

Please explain.

first rule when police want to question you, especially if you just shot someone:

Ask to speak to your lawyer first.

Second rule: Listen to your lawyer and do not give public interviews.

Third rule: Don't gain weight in a self defense case before trial.

No offense taken but i have been doing this for 34 years.

yay!

Because of the ineptness of the Florida statute; manslaughter could be a valid conviction if the prosecution proves culpable negligence. For some reason the "without lawful justification" part doesn't apply if it's a minor.

I would say that statute violates the second amendment. He has the right to bear arms to protect himself. The idea that he's 15 shouldn't mean shit.

782.07 Manslaughter; aggravated manslaughter of an elderly person or disabled adult; aggravated manslaughter of a child; aggravated manslaughter of an officer, a firefighter, an emergency medical technician, or a paramedic.—
(1) The killing of a human being by the act, procurement, or culpable negligence of another, without lawful justification according to the provisions of chapter 776 and in cases in which such killing shall not be excusable homicide or murder, according to the provisions of this chapter, is manslaughter, a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
(2) A person who causes the death of any elderly person or disabled adult by culpable negligence under s. 825.102(3) commits aggravated manslaughter of an elderly person or disabled adult, a felony of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
(3) A person who causes the death of any person under the age of 18 by culpable negligence under s. 827.03(2)(b) commits aggravated manslaughter of a child, a felony of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
(4) A person who causes the death, through culpable negligence, of an officer as defined in s. 943.10(14), a firefighter as defined in s. 112.191, an emergency medical technician as defined in s. 401.23, or a paramedic as defined in s. 401.23, while the officer, firefighter, emergency medical technician, or paramedic is performing duties that are within the course of his or her employment, commits aggravated manslaughter of an officer, a firefighter, an emergency medical technician, or a paramedic, a felony of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

Zimmerman is claiming self defense. manslaughter would not fly if they can not prove Zimmerman was not in fear for his life.

Ah so..that job at Mickey Ds had a retirement plan?

How's mom faring these days? She still cooking your meals?

Yeah it was great!!!! It allowed me to retire at 46.
So I guess Micky Ds has a better retirement plan then you "major financial firm".

I worked for the NYSE for 13.5 years.

So..yeah..they have a pretty good retirement plan.

The new place..also has a nifty plan.

The pay is pretty good too. I've been all over the world.

Much better I suppose..than your mom's basement.

Sorry dumbshit. That insult doesnt work in Texas. We dont have basements.

With all that traveling,doesnt your boyfriend get lonely?

Hard to make that testimony jibe with the physical evidence, Sarah! Zimmerman's got grass on his back...Martin has grass on his knees. Zimmerman has the physical damage...Martin has none other than an abrasion on his knuckle and the gun shot wound. Goode is the only witness that is outside and close to the fight. The rest are looking through windows at a distance in dim light.

Tray had grass all the way up his legs. He was found by the police officer laying face down with his arms under him.

I have to get some work done.

What?

Give a link or you are bullshitting this so called evidence. Oh and btw make sure you send it to the Prosecution because obviously they missed what you know.

actually what she says is a proof Trayvon was on top - one will fell face down if shot by someone being beneath, if one is standing on the knees and beating the person under him up. The grass will be on the knees and down to the feet.

Zimmerman acted properly in the fight & shooting. Zimmerman was not harming Martin. Zimmerman clearly indicted he had given up. Zimmerman was retreating. Martin irrationaly escalated the beating of a subdued & retreating person. By law you can shoot even if you started the fight.

He didn't "act properly" at all. He wasn't a Law Enforcement Officer and there are laws against following and menacing others. Most Neighborhood Watch Folks are cautioned against patrolling armed as well, for obvious reasons. He had zero standing to do what he did when he got out of his car and followed a frightened kid. And it seems that he didn't have the proper training to handle the situation.

It's also becoming more and more clear that he had an agenda. And that agenda was to hunt and kill a human being.

:lol: Show me the Florida law that says following, watching or reporting someone is a crime or illegal. :lol:

Martin the racist had the agenda to kill a creepy ass cracker. The race groups, community organizers, schools, politicians & media keep preaching to the black community to hate white crackers who are oppressing them.

I do not understand why the prosecution just doesn't throw in the towel. Most of the witnesses only help the defense.

What a farce.

This was brought to the attention of the world because of political agenda's. It is sad

I think the whole flawed prosecution strategy can be trace back to a single misprint in Bernie de la Rionda copy of Bartlett's Familiar Quotations.

You should actually never give a man just enough rope to hang yourself.

Last edited:
Because of the ineptness of the Florida statute; manslaughter could be a valid conviction if the prosecution proves culpable negligence. For some reason the "without lawful justification" part doesn't apply if it's a minor.

I would say that statute violates the second amendment. He has the right to bear arms to protect himself. The idea that he's 15 shouldn't mean shit.

]

For someone unclear on "baring arms" you really shouldn't be posting your own ignorant opinions.
The claim of self defense stands no matter what. The only way to defeat it is to show that it was not a legitimate case of self defense.

Zimmerman acted properly in the fight & shooting. Zimmerman was not harming Martin. Zimmerman clearly indicted he had given up. Zimmerman was retreating. Martin irrationaly escalated the beating of a subdued & retreating person. By law you can shoot even if you started the fight.

He didn't "act properly" at all. He wasn't a Law Enforcement Officer and there are laws against following and menacing others. Most Neighborhood Watch Folks are cautioned against patrolling armed as well, for obvious reasons. He had zero standing to do what he did when he got out of his car and followed a frightened kid. And it seems that he didn't have the proper training to handle the situation.

It's also becoming more and more clear that he had an agenda. And that agenda was to hunt and kill a human being.

:lol: Show me the Florida law that says following, watching or reporting someone is a crime or illegal. :lol:

Martin the racist had the agenda to kill a creepy ass cracker. The race groups, community organizers, schools, politicians & media keep preaching to the black community to hate white crackers who are oppressing them.

784.048 Stalking; definitions; penalties.—
(1) As used in this section, the term:
(a) “Harass” means to engage in a course of conduct directed at a specific person which causes substantial emotional distress to that person and serves no legitimate purpose.
(b) “Course of conduct” means a pattern of conduct composed of a series of acts over a period of time, however short, which evidences a continuity of purpose. The term does not include constitutionally protected activity such as picketing or other organized protests.

782.07 Manslaughter; aggravated manslaughter of an elderly person or disabled adult; aggravated manslaughter of a child; aggravated manslaughter of an officer, a firefighter, an emergency medical technician, or a paramedic.—
(1) The killing of a human being by the act, procurement, or culpable negligence of another, without lawful justification according to the provisions of chapter 776 and in cases in which such killing shall not be excusable homicide or murder, according to the provisions of this chapter, is manslaughter, a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
(2) A person who causes the death of any elderly person or disabled adult by culpable negligence under s. 825.102(3) commits aggravated manslaughter of an elderly person or disabled adult, a felony of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
(3) A person who causes the death of any person under the age of 18 by culpable negligence under s. 827.03(2)(b) commits aggravated manslaughter of a child, a felony of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
(4) A person who causes the death, through culpable negligence, of an officer as defined in s. 943.10(14), a firefighter as defined in s. 112.191, an emergency medical technician as defined in s. 401.23, or a paramedic as defined in s. 401.23, while the officer, firefighter, emergency medical technician, or paramedic is performing duties that are within the course of his or her employment, commits aggravated manslaughter of an officer, a firefighter, an emergency medical technician, or a paramedic, a felony of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

Zimmerman is claiming self defense. manslaughter would not fly if they can not prove Zimmerman was not in fear for his life.

That's for murder; which implies intent to kill. Man slaughter is negligent actions that lead to someone else's death.

Officer Singleton: "Would you have done the same thing (following Martin) had the person been white?"

George Zimmerman: "Yes."

Case closed. Zimmerman is not a racist. Liberals please exit stage left.

Last edited:

]

For someone unclear on "baring arms" you really shouldn't be posting your own ignorant opinions.
The claim of self defense stands no matter what. The only way to defeat it is to show that it was not a legitimate case of self defense.

For someone that can't read, you sure post your ignorant opinions. Look at the statute I posted. Self defense is not in and of itself a defense for man slaughter of a minor, according to the Florida statute. It is for murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back