The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps, all of those alleged hits has you failing to grasp the simplistic nature of head trauma. :lmao:

Or..

It proves that all that "head trauma" isn't fatal and Ol' Zimmerman wasn't exposed to lethal force.

He doesn't have to be 'exposed to lethal force'. All that is required is that he be in fear of death or serious harm to the body.

They're trying to send a man to prison and they have no case. :eek: Evidence supports Zimmerman.

I do agree with you...I just think its different when someone is shot dead. Look, I think they screwed this up...they didnt arrest...then they did arrest...then they set bail...then they set bail higher because of the "finance" issue.

I think you arrest...set bail...gather evidence and let the chips fall where they may. The truth willl set you free. Unfortunately, someones son has been killed...and the killers account for the happenings that night wouldnt be enough for me if my son had been shot.

My point is, outside of his account, there wasnt that deep of an investigation...my son? I want a deep investigation and I want both sides presented...for example had they talked to the person Trayvon was speaking to on the phone? No she wasnt the best witness at all, but you are choosing not to arrest before you even know these facts...just my opinion.

This is why I am making so much of GZ getting out of his truck. The police discourage this, because this is what can happen. You may have been acting in self defense, but now your life is turned upside down...someones kid was shot.

I see your point...but conversely...after Zimmerman had stopped following Martin and Martin was gone from the scene, IMO Zimmerman getting out of his truck becomes moot.

Well no.

And nothing Zimmerman did made any sense.

He gets out of his truck, because, what? He didn't know where he was?

He lives in a gated community with 3 streets. Additionally..he's patrolling it as part of the watch, frequently.

And what? He thinks Martin may be armed yet he walks through a dark pathway to get the street name? That make any sense whatsoever?

Then when he meets Martin..who may have jumped from some phantom Bushes..oh wait he changed that to..emerged from the darkness..

Martin is walking toward him and they exchange 2 sentences..then Martin hits him. Really?

Then Martin slams his head against the pavement and smothers his mouth. How the fuck is Zimmerman screaming? And why would Martin be screaming if he intended to kill him. What? He wanted an audience?

Nothing this guy makes any sense at all.

I think it's been established that Zimmerman got out of his truck initially to follow Martin.

The dispatcher says it's not necessary, so he stops.

The dispatcher asks him where he is park, he doesn't know the name of the street. Either this is the greatest pre-planning of all times, or he doesn't remember the name of the street.

Adrenaline will do that to ya...it's happened to me personally.

I witnessed an accident on the interstate frontage road very near my home exit.

I knew it was exit 159...always have, still knew it even though I haven't lived there for years...and the next exit was exit 163...where the Bobber Truckstop used to be on I-44 in Missouri...it's a pilot now.

I only go into detail because I know you used to drive a truck, so you'll understand.

For the uninitiated, every trucker knows their Home-20 exit number. Makes it easy to calculate time to home, Milemarker +/- home exits = miles to exit.

But this day my brain made the call for the information and the archives responded "sorry, we're closed, try back later."

Luckily, the homeowner came running out so I didn't have to leave the lady to search out an address like Zimmerman was forced too.

------------------

Have we seen attacks for less?

Yes we have.

Any perceived sleight could cause an attack.

So that logic doesn't fly.

I have some youtube videos as evidence, if you'd like to see them just let me know.

Last edited:
Jesus, folks...it's "bear" not "bare". You all make it sound like this is the right to wear short sleeves! LOL

Shh. Don't tell them you'll spoil all the fun. That nudnik Gatsby actually thinks the text says "bare arms" like reveal. Don't disappoint him that the word is "bear" meaning carry. I am having way too much fun watching these ignorant twats shit all over themselves trying to argue points they have no idea about.

Mr. Blackwell says that women over 35 should not bare arms. So, I stopped baring my arms at 35. Then when I was 55 and did one day, I got all kinds of compliments on my 'beautiful' arms. Fuck Mr. Blackwell!

Quiet yourself old man. I've been here all along while you and your pals have been piling on just to get someone to talk to you.

Just me against all of you and you haven't made a good point yet.

What? I'm an old man? I'm 25! I don't care how long you've been here, your arguments still suck!

You don't like when you can't back yourself up can you? And when a slew of people catch on to your bias, you whine about being picked on. Oh jeez, grow up.

Now if you come back with a more objective argument, you'll find us more amicable. If not, expect to be harassed over you lack of objectivity.

I just don't believe it. That's all..

Oh is that it? Well believe it, sistah! The realities of this case are no doubt sinking in, for you. You can overcome your denial by taking more objective stances about this case, for one. For two, you can do your own research and stop swallowing everything a liberal pundit on television tells you about it. Some of us have been following this case for over a year and a half. You most likely. haven't cared about this case until it came to trial.

Last edited:
Or..

It proves that all that "head trauma" isn't fatal and Ol' Zimmerman wasn't exposed to lethal force.

He doesn't have to be 'exposed to lethal force'. All that is required is that he be in fear of death or serious harm to the body.

Riiight.

That's not going to fly.

And it looks more and more like Zimmerman's going to be cooling his murderous heels in the big house for a few.

Why? Because your emotions say so??? You don't believe Zimmerman had a right to self defense?

Or..

Riiight.

That's not going to fly.

And it looks more and more like Zimmerman's going to be cooling his murderous heels in the big house for a few.

You mean b/c your going to close your eyes and wish really hard? She made a legal argument that was not opinion based. Either bring a technical retort or STFU.

I see your point...but conversely...after Zimmerman had stopped following Martin and Martin was gone from the scene, IMO Zimmerman getting out of his truck becomes moot.

Well no.

He lives in a gated community with 3 streets. Additionally..he's patrolling it as part of the watch, frequently.

And what? He thinks Martin may be armed yet he walks through a dark pathway to get the street name? That make any sense whatsoever?

Then when he meets Martin..who may have jumped from some phantom Bushes..oh wait he changed that to..emerged from the darkness..

Martin is walking toward him and they exchange 2 sentences..then Martin hits him. Really?

Then Martin slams his head against the pavement and smothers his mouth. How the fuck is Zimmerman screaming? And why would Martin be screaming if he intended to kill him. What? He wanted an audience?

Nothing this guy says makes any sense at all.

Very good points also, sallow. Especially, the part in bold...which is what I have a problem with also.

He initially set out to follow someone (in his late teens) in the dark and rain who he thought may be carrying a weapon...we know this because he tells the 911 operator...."he's got his hands in his waistbands....hes coming towards me.....he has something in his hands....i dont know what his deal is...how long till you get an officer here?".

Good points. He should have stayed in his truck and waited for the police...hes done his job. The situation has escalated (according to his description) and not much good can come from chasing on foot....stating the obvious there...look what happened...lol.

Again, that dog don't hunt.

If he isn't afraid to follow the guy, I doubt he would be afraid to walk across to the next street.

Let's use some logic here people.

Because of the ineptness of the Florida statute; manslaughter could be a valid conviction if the prosecution proves culpable negligence. For some reason the "without lawful justification" part doesn't apply if it's a minor.

I would say that statute violates the second amendment. He has the right to bear arms to protect himself. The idea that he's 15 shouldn't mean shit.

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

Zimmerman is claiming self defense. manslaughter would not fly if they can not prove Zimmerman was not in fear for his life.

That's for murder; which implies intent to kill. Man slaughter is negligent actions that lead to someone else's death.

You are correct....but the problem is for now, the prosecution is not showing negligence...they could with the following and the reaching for the "phone"...but they arent doing that yet. They fell into the bait of the race card and it has clouded the judgment of thier case, imo.

GZ could be found for manslaughter, but not the way the prosecution is presenting its case...IMHO...its sad.

Lie about what?

Zimmerman was arrested for assaulting a cop and had a restraining order put on him after he beat the shit out of his fiancée.

Additionally he was fired from his sparkling career as a security guard because of his temper.

You do know his present wife was arrested too, for lying about their finances..right?

This guy is a real model citizen, alrighty.

You lied when you said that Zimmerman "fought a cop." There is no evidence to show that, he was not convicted of that.
You lied when you said that Zimmerman "beat the shit out of his fiancee." There is no evidence to show that, he was not convicted of that.

I never said he is a model citizen. I've said repeatedly that this case was a slam dunk for manslaughter.

Whether or not he is a model citizen has nothing whatsoever to do with whether Zimmerman did or did not shoot Trayvon Martin in self defense. It could have some effect on how much the jury believes Zimmerman in court, however. But to use those brief previous skirmishes as evidence against Zimmerman's veracity makes it imperative to use Martin's past history also as evidence. Either Zimmerman was the aggressor or Martin was. Given their past histories and the circumstances at the time, which scenario is the more believable?

But to keep the record straight:

MSNBC reports that Zimmerman’s ex-fiance, Veronica Zuazo, filed a “civil motion for a restraining order alleging domestic violence” in 2005. Zimmerman counterfiled for a restraining order against Zuazo. Both restraining orders were eventually granted. In December of 2006, he was charged with speeding, but the charge was dismissed after the cop failed to show up in court.

In another incident in 2005, Zimmerman was charged with “resisting officer with violence” and “battery of law enforcement officer.”

MSNBC.com has more:

The charge was reduced to “resisting officer without violence” and then waived when he entered an alcohol education program. Contemporaneous accounts indicate he shoved an officer who was questioning a friend for alleged underage drinking at an Orange County bar.
George Zimmerman Domestic Violence | Breaking News for Black America

There is also no legislation that says a person who is being treated for ADD cannot own or use a gun. If there were a third of our military would be out of work.

My guess is someone pulled it out their ass.

Didn't you guys listen to his testimony?

Why yes, yes we did and that's why I said this:

He said he went back in LEFT THE DOOR OPEN because he wasn't worried about the door at that point, he always keeps his phone next to him, he was watching tv in the living room with his (now) wife, the phone was right there in the living room, he called from there.

Where is the upstairs/lock door fabrication coming from?

It might be from the local TV interview the next morning. Someone said it but I don't know who.

Edit: Here it is.

[youtube]DK4kYza_V1w[/youtube]

Last edited:
Zimmerman is claiming self defense. manslaughter would not fly if they can not prove Zimmerman was not in fear for his life.

That's for murder; which implies intent to kill. Man slaughter is negligent actions that lead to someone else's death.

You are correct....but the problem is for now, the prosecution is not showing negligence...they could with the following and the reaching for the "phone"...but they arent doing that yet. They fell into the bait of the race card and it has clouded the judgment of thier case, imo.

GZ could be found for manslaughter, but not the way the prosecution is presenting its case...IMHO...its sad.

LOL. There's that objectivity! NOT!

Is this more of your vaunted "open mindedness"?

It is a case of self defense. The elements are well known and I have laid them out over and over. Changing the charge from murder to manslaughter will not alter that one bit. The claim of self defense takes precedence over all of it. The prosecutor would ahve to defeat that claim. And they cannot.

Defense lawyer needs to be more careful with his hand gestures. When he counts off items on his fingers, he appears to give the judge the finger.

I don't believe that's a correct interpretation of the law. You could follow a different girl home every night and that would still be stalking.

LOL, your interpretation of the law is in conflict with the courts interpretaion og the law.

Hmm whom to believe? Some anon internet poster or the Florida Courts?

Tough choice but I choose the courts. Hope you don't mind.

I've been gone all day. Came home and all I have on TV is the talking heads going on and on about how 'mean' the defense attorney was to Snookie, I mean, Mz. Bahadoor.

Oh boy...Omara just nailed Cerino...lord!

The going to class the next day was concerning and cavalier to Cerino?...uh, I dont think so...listen to his questioning of GZ...it was Cerino asking about his availability and what would be the best time to meet.

This doesnt look good at all for officer Cerino or the state...I mean come on guys.

Last edited:
What? I'm an old man? I'm 25! I don't care how long you've been here, your arguments still suck!

You don't like when you can't back yourself up can you? And when a slew of people catch on to your bias, you whine about being picked on. Oh jeez, grow up.

Now if you come back with a more objective argument, you'll find us more amicable. If not, expect to be harassed over you lack of objectivity.

I just don't believe it. That's all..

Oh is that it? Well believe it, sistah! The realities of this case are no doubt sinking in, for you. You can overcome your denial by taking more objective stances about this case, for one. For two, you can do your own research and stop swallowing everything a liberal pundit on television tells you about it. Some of us have been following this case for over a year and a half. You most likely. haven't cared about this case until it came to trial.

I rarely believe anything you say from your biased play by plays everyday to where you claim to be 25.

Well no.

Nothing this guy makes any sense at all.

I think it's been established that Zimmerman got out of his truck initially to follow Martin.

The dispatcher says it's no necessary, so he stops.

The dispatcher asks him where he is park, he doesn't know the name of the street. Either this is the greatest pre-planning of all times, or he doesn't remember the name of the street.

Adrenaline will do that to ya...it's happened to me personally.

I witnessed an accident on the interstate frontage road very near my home exit.

I knew it was exit 159...always have, still knew it even though I haven't lived there for years...and the next exit was exit 163...where the Bobber Truckstop used to be on I-44 in Missouri...it's a pilot now.

I only go into detail because I know you used to drive a truck, so you'll understand.

For the ininitiated, every trucker knows their Home-20 exit number. Makes it easy to calculate time to home, Milemarker +/- home exits = miles to exit.

But this day my brain made the call for the information and the achives responded "sorry, we're closed, try back later."

Luckily, the homeowner came running out so I didn't have to leave the lady to search out an address like Zimmerman was forced too.

------------------

Have we seen attacks for less?

Yes we have.

Any perceived sleight could cause an attack.

So that logic doesn't fly.

I have some youtube videos as evidence, if you'd like to see them just let me know.

Incorrect...he does not stop...stopping would be going back to his truck immediately...he didnt do that...he proceeds up the path and to the next street...he also says he looked to his right when he approached the courtyard and didnt see trayvon...in other words...still looking.

By continuing up the path even to look for this address in the dark and rain potentially gives the impression to the followeee that he is being followed on foot. He did not stop. Again, you are using hindsight information and your privy to the 911 tape...trayvon didnt hear the tape that you did. You are watching tv poker again...in all do respect.

The people trying to send this man to prison need to make a case. So far none...

Everything backs Zimmerman up.
1. Grass stains on the back of his jacket
2. Grass stains on Trayvons knee's
3. Back of Zimmermans head bashed in
4. Zimmermans nose broken
5. Trayvons knuckles bruised
6. Trayvon made it back to the place only to go back towards Zimmerman

The witness that was close said that Zimmerman was on the bottom(man with red jacket).

Please show me how this just isn't so?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back