The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It can be.

Show me a law that says that a person following a stranger is a felony. If that is the case do I have legal rights to attack the person in the car behind me riding my ass?

if the car behind you was menacing you, that could be a crime.

Following isn't a crime. Menacing is a crime. Is GZ charged with menacing? Following someone is a felony IF the person doing the following is under a restraining order. Did Trayvon Martin file a restraining order?

This little thug went to the store. On the way back he decided to scout out the area for his next burglary.

OMG...finally! Finally one that can concede that it wasnt a good idea...and he didnt even have to change his overall view.

I agree with the post...its common sense. Following up the path that the kid was running from him on wasnt smart either...but nope cant get that admitted too...all you get is "ITS NOT ILLEGAL TO WALK ON A SIDEWALK AT NIGHT"...lmao...of course its not but it goes to who logically has the perception of being pursued...imagine how trayvon felt...he had committed no crime and didnt know who z was. This goes to who is pursuing and therefore who is initiating...trayvon avoids conflict numerous times and only when he is followed on foot does he say something. Then he goes frantically reaching for something in the dark and trayvons supposed to wait and see what he pulls out? Lmao.

If TM was guilty of any illegal acts there he would have split the moment he saw the creep following him.

Yep! Hey, Z is the big bad neighborhood watch guy...yet he doesnt even know how to roll his window and talk to the teen...I would have. Nope its much better for everyone to slowly follow behind him and then chase him on foot...lmao. hey dude, whats up...where ya headed...everything okay...do that first before you follow a minor in the dark...how about actually at least observing a crime...he may have been by house at one time, but he wasnt shortly thereafter...he was just walking down the street...lmao...he was convinced he was still up to no good...well I thought it was all about looking at houses? That was long ago and way down the street. Now hes just walking down the street...HEADED HOME NO LESS!!

When Z was asked about this by the police he said, I was too scared of him
In other words he would not confront him face to face but only by blindsiding him.

Scared? Scared? Scored?

Does any of that register with you Zimmerman Zombies?

Show me a law that says that a person following a stranger is a felony. If that is the case do I have legal rights to attack the person in the car behind me riding my ass?

if the car behind you was menacing you, that could be a crime.

Define menacing?

Menacing Law & Legal Definition

He or she intentionally places or attempts to place another person in reasonable fear of physical injury, serious physical injury or death by displaying a deadly weapon, dangerous instrument or what appears to be a pistol, revolver, rifle, shotgun, machine gun or other firearm; or
He or she repeatedly follows a person or engages in a course of conduct or repeatedly commits acts over a period of time intentionally placing or attempting to place another person in reasonable fear of physical injury, serious physical injury or death; or
He or she commits the crime of menacing in the third degree in violation of that part of a duly served order of protection, or such order which the defendant has actual knowledge of because he or she was present in court when such order was issued, pursuant to article eight of the family court act, section 530.12 of the criminal procedure law, or an order of protection issued by a court of competent jurisdiction in another state, territorial or tribal jurisdiction, which directed the respondent or defendant to stay away from the person or persons on whose behalf the order was issued.

Nope. No menacing here.

Because the prosecution is hung up on the same thing 90 percent of this forum is...RACE...bias spewing all over the place...clouds judgment.

I mean there are some really obvious things that people just wont concede....like that someone is following a teen home from the store all the way thru the complex in the dark and rain...nothing creepy about that to them...nah...yeah right...people dont like being followed in the dark period...that goes for everyone in here...not fooling anyone.

Even though it's not illegal, you're right it's not a good idea to follow someone like that. I think(again just throwing my own opinion in this) that Zimmerman had a chip on his shoulder because he had been ineffective in stopping the crime in his neighborhood and he was going to be certain to help the police catch this one, hence the call to the dispatcher while following.
For me, if he hadn't called for the police before he shot the kid then I would be more pressed in believing he was racially profiling or was out for some "vigilante justice"

OMG...finally! Finally one that can concede that it wasnt a good idea...and he didnt even have to change his overall view.

I agree with the post...its common sense. Following up the path that the kid was running from him on wasnt smart either...but nope cant get that admitted too...all you get is "ITS NOT ILLEGAL TO WALK ON A SIDEWALK AT NIGHT"...lmao...of course its not but it goes to who logically has the perception of being pursued...imagine how trayvon felt...he had committed no crime and didnt know who z was. This goes to who is pursuing and therefore who is initiating...trayvon avoids conflict numerous times and only when he is followed on foot does he say something. Then he goes frantically reaching for something in the dark and trayvons supposed to wait and see what he pulls out? Lmao.

Great construct, only in your mind though. Why not for fun, come up with another 25 ways it could have actually gone down. If you could get the Defense to convince the Jury that there is no reasonable doubt, in spite of reality, you might actually get a conviction. ;)

Even though it's not illegal, you're right it's not a good idea to follow someone like that. I think(again just throwing my own opinion in this) that Zimmerman had a chip on his shoulder because he had been ineffective in stopping the crime in his neighborhood and he was going to be certain to help the police catch this one, hence the call to the dispatcher while following.
For me, if he hadn't called for the police before he shot the kid then I would be more pressed in believing he was racially profiling or was out for some "vigilante justice"

Great construct, only in your mind though. Why not for fun, come up with another 25 ways it could have actually gone down. If you could get the Defense to convince the Jury that there is no reasonable doubt, in spite of reality, you might actually get a conviction. ;)

And that's the thing, the jury is going to go on what's been said throughout the case and, so far, the prosecution hasn't delivered any solid evidence on Zimmerman being the aggressor.
As it stands, the defense has laid out a great claim of self defense with the prosecutor's own witnesses!

784.048 Stalking; definitions; penalties.—
(1) As used in this section, the term:
(a) “Harass” means to engage in a course of conduct directed at a specific person which causes substantial emotional distress to that person and serves no legitimate purpose.
(b) “Course of conduct” means a pattern of conduct composed of a series of acts over a period of time, however short, which evidences a continuity of purpose. The term does not include constitutionally protected activity such as picketing or other organized protests.
(c) “Credible threat” means a verbal or nonverbal threat, or a combination of the two, including threats delivered by electronic communication or implied by a pattern of conduct, which places the person who is the target of the threat in reasonable fear for his or her safety or the safety of his or her family members or individuals closely associated with the person, and which is made with the apparent ability to carry out the threat to cause such harm. It is not necessary to prove that the person making the threat had the intent to actually carry out the threat. The present incarceration of the person making the threat is not a bar to prosecution under this section.

....(2) A person who willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly follows, harasses, or cyberstalks another person commits the offense of stalking, a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.
(3) A person who willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly follows, harasses, or cyberstalks another person and makes a credible threat to that person commits the offense of aggravated stalking, a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s.

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

I think Zimmerman's harassment of blacks could be a crime.

And that's the thing, the jury is going to go on what's been said throughout the case and, so far, the prosecution hasn't delivered any solid evidence on Zimmerman being the aggressor.
As it stands, the defense has laid out a great claim of self defense with the prosecutor's own witnesses!

It takes a lot of aggression to shoot an innocent 17 year old in the heart at point blank range.

If TM was guilty of any illegal acts there he would have split the moment he saw the creep following him.

Yep! Hey, Z is the big bad neighborhood watch guy...yet he doesnt even know how to roll his window and talk to the teen...I would have. Nope its much better for everyone to slowly follow behind him and then chase him on foot...lmao. hey dude, whats up...where ya headed...everything okay...do that first before you follow a minor in the dark...how about actually at least observing a crime...he may have been by house at one time, but he wasnt shortly thereafter...he was just walking down the street...lmao...he was convinced he was still up to no good...well I thought it was all about looking at houses? That was long ago and way down the street. Now hes just walking down the street...HEADED HOME NO LESS!!

In other words he would not confront him face to face but only by blindsiding him.

Scared? Scared? Scored?

hell no it doesnt...its hopeless. Everything GZ did was logical warranted and not in the least bit creepy. No mistakes and they are all irrellevant anyway...why? Because they believe every word of a guy who thinks he might be in trouble...the female cop that interviewed him before his arrest hit on some good points:

You were told to stop....but you didnt you kept going...you didnt stop and go back to your truck...you kept going and then she says to him...do you understand where Im going with this or something to that effect?

He was negligent...he was packing a pistol, following a teen and proceeded up the walk way that could potentially by any common sense at all, be perceived by the follower as being pursued for no reason unidentified...he put himself in a bad situation...and I dont know of anyone that would have had advised him to go up that dark path...Ill bet if his kid was along for the ride, he would have left his kid in the truck? You stay here, son, I dont know what to expect up here...hell, he didnt even want to give out his address because he thought trayvon might be nearby...so he knew better...he did it anyway, because he thought he had a criminal and how great that would be to catch another one spotted on the same neighbors lawn that i did the last one.

(a) “Harass” means to engage in a course of conduct directed at a specific person which causes substantial emotional distress to that person and serves no legitimate purpose.
(b) “Course of conduct” means a pattern of conduct composed of a series of acts over a period of time, however short, which evidences a continuity of purpose. The term does not include constitutionally protected activity such as picketing or other organized protests.
(c) “Credible threat” means a verbal or nonverbal threat, or a combination of the two, including threats delivered by electronic communication or implied by a pattern of conduct, which places the person who is the target of the threat in reasonable fear for his or her safety or the safety of his or her family members or individuals closely associated with the person, and which is made with the apparent ability to carry out the threat to cause such harm. It is not necessary to prove that the person making the threat had the intent to actually carry out the threat. The present incarceration of the person making the threat is not a bar to prosecution under this section.

....(2) A person who willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly follows, harasses, or cyberstalks another person commits the offense of stalking, a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.
(3) A person who willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly follows, harasses, or cyberstalks another person and makes a credible threat to that person commits the offense of aggravated stalking, a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s.

Could what you call "harassment of blacks" also be called accurate descriptor of the people committing crimes in the area? No body says it but statistics show that relative to percentage of population blacks commit more crime against person and property than any other identified racial or ethnic group.

Also does someone who harasses black people also spend time mentoring black children? Remember that is also direct testimony from the lead investigator of the case.

Last edited:

What in that post doesnt make sense...you werent specific about anything...you just dismissed it. You like being followed in the dark? how bout followed on foot when you have run away where the truck couldnt go...you comfortable with that...who is the aggressor at this point...who is pursuing who

Last edited:

Scared? Scared? Scored?

hell no it doesnt...its hopeless. Everything GZ did was logical warranted and not in the least bit creepy. No mistakes and they are all irrellevant anyway...why? Because they believe every word of a guy who thinks he might be in trouble...the female cop that interviewed him before his arrest hit on some good points:

You were told to stop....but you didnt you kept going...you didnt stop and go back to your truck...you kept going and then she says to him...do you understand where Im going with this or something to that effect?

He was negligent...he was packing a pistol, following a teen and proceeded up the walk way that could potentially by any common sense at all, be perceived by the follower as being pursued for no reason unidentified...he put himself in a bad situation...and I dont know of anyone that would have had advised him to go up that dark path...Ill bet if his kid was along for the ride, he would have left his kid in the truck? You stay here, son, I dont know what to expect up here...hell, he didnt even want to give out his address because he thought trayvon might be nearby...so he knew better...he did it anyway, because he thought he had a criminal and how great that would be to catch another one spotted on the same neighbors lawn that i did the last one.

If Z is acquired it scares me to know that it will empower a new wave of vigilantism among gun bunnies.

Im the only one it looks like with the courage to tell you to shut your mouth. Some weak people on here that have been putting up with your shit for awhile. They are doing it now...all of your spew...all of your lies...proven no less...the very ones you lie to dont even have the courage to say something.

Now why would expect them to find truth in the trial...they dont even see through you...but I do.

I have proven your lies...you have done nothing but throw out baseless accusations...some attorney you arent!

I think you're letting these boards get to you too much man...

Probably right...but im not gonna be trolled and lied about...continually...i have been ignoring it for a week of it...today I had enough...she lied...I proved it...she still lies just for the hell of it. And because some in here allow it...its common on message boards there is always at least one of her...and then a whole bunch that go after the trolled instead of the troller...so to speak.

Still nothing has been said to her...all to me...yet it was her that lied to all of you. Now shes giggling about it.

(((((((((((((((((:)D)))))))))))))))))) Shakin' in my flip flops!

Because the prosecution is hung up on the same thing 90 percent of this forum is...RACE...bias spewing all over the place...clouds judgment.

I mean there are some really obvious things that people just wont concede....like that someone is following a teen home from the store all the way thru the complex in the dark and rain...nothing creepy about that to them...nah...yeah right...people dont like being followed in the dark period...that goes for everyone in here...not fooling anyone.

The prosecutions case IS race, they have to focus on it.

...like that someone is following a teen home from the store all the way thru the complex .... Umm, didnt happen and was never testified to

It did happen, and its on tape...go watch Frank Taafes account of what zimmerman told him...he was following like a creep that was acting suspicious himself. You cant see that. He was following and the kid was clearly getting irritated because of it. Listen to the tape you can follow it right through the complex.

Taafe even describes trayvon walking away down the street and Z following slowly behind him in the truck...the tapes are in evidence. its been told...it just doesnt fit the bias narrative to think he did anything wrong...you guys are all in and cannot admit any mistake....pathetic!

Taaffe testified :doubt:

He followed for a short distance, not from the store or all through the complex. The need to exaggerate hurts your hysteria, not helps it.

You mean there are 25 more ways left? Who knew? :eek:

If he had made a habit of harassing blacks ......

The prosecutions case IS race, they have to focus on it.

...like that someone is following a teen home from the store all the way thru the complex .... Umm, didnt happen and was never testified to

It did happen, and its on tape...go watch Frank Taafes account of what zimmerman told him...he was following like a creep that was acting suspicious himself. You cant see that. He was following and the kid was clearly getting irritated because of it. Listen to the tape you can follow it right through the complex.

Taafe even describes trayvon walking away down the street and Z following slowly behind him in the truck...the tapes are in evidence. its been told...it just doesnt fit the bias narrative to think he did anything wrong...you guys are all in and cannot admit any mistake....pathetic!

Taaffe testified :doubt:

He followed for a short distance, not from the store or all through the complex. The need to exaggerate hurts your hysteria, not helps it.

You said it didnt happen...that he wasnt followed thru the complex...I gave you numerous examples and you ask about taaffe testifying...how about the 911 tapes, the reenactment that he drove thru it with the detective? Didnt happen...not in evidence? I just through his friend frank in there for good measure.

George Zimmerman hasn't harassed black people. That's simply the prosecution cherry-picking 7 out of 46 instances of him calling the police to unfairly try to label him as a racist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back