The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Until you've been punched in the nose and had your head slammed onto concrete several times, Sarah...do you REALLY think you have the right to decide what WAS and WASN'T "minimal"?

You seem to think that Zimmerman should have allowed Trayvon Martin to slam his head against the concrete until he had some serious brain damage and only THEN make a decision to use his gun...a notion that's almost laughable.

This isn't someone who drew and shot his gun as someone approached him in a threatening manner...this is someone who drew and shot his gun only after that person punched him in the face, knocked him down onto the ground, straddled him...and slammed his head against the pavement.

Admit it...you don't REALLY feel that there is a legitimate reason for a private citizen to use a firearm to defend themselves.

So says the only witness. You make it sound like there's video from a CCTV instead of an excuse made by an jerk who should have had his gun rights yanked in 2005.

The only witness? What about Goode? He was the eyewitness that actually went outside and was close enough to see what was going on. He testified that it was Martin on top of Zimmerman...that Zimmerman was calling for help and that Martin was raining blows down on top of Zimmerman MMA style.

George Zimmerman didn't lawyer up following the shooting. He gave statement after statement to the Police. He walked them through the incident. When the lead detective tried to bluff Zimmerman by telling him that they had the entire incident on tape from a surveillance camera, Zimmerman's response was "Thank God!" Is that the response of a guilty man? Of someone who has something to hide?

Your problem if you're a Zimmerman "hater" is that his testimony stands up to the physical evidence. It's why the lead detective said in court that he thought Zimmerman was telling the truth.

I hadn't heard that!

Watching the DVR'd trial on America Live today, I'm not so sure about the outcome.

The troubling part is where the scientific guy whose name I don't remember stated that there was no DNA of Trayvon Martin's on GZ's gun. How much weight does that carry? Is it damning?

Gadawg made clear that DNA is circumstantial evidence, it has not bearing on the verdict, and carries little to no weight.
If Zimmerman gets convicted GADawg's credibility is forever SHOT!!!

Huh. That's a good point.

Maybe TM's finger tips weren't deeply clutching GZ's skull. Maybe so. Do you know if they swabbed not only TM's fingernails, but also palms, fingers, etc? IF there was no speck at all of GZ's DNA on any part of TM's hands, then I'd say that's pretty doggone damning.

Trials can be so riveting. :razz::tongue:

They did not swab any other portion of TM's hands.

What we have here is a half point for the prosecution.

Conversely, Zimmermans blood was found on the cuff of Martin's shirt that he wore underneath the hoody, indicative of his hands being close to where GZ was bleeding... and supporative of the the claim by Zimmerman that TM was slamming his head into the concrete.

What we have here is 2 points for the defense.

Why do you feel the need to continue fabricating evidence?

Not true. hoodie stain A was Trevon's, stain B was a negative result for blood, stain C positive result for blood but he was unable to obtain dna results.

Swabbed for foreign to Treyvon for blood on cuffs, elbow to cuff, negative for right cuff.

Left cuff, negative for blood. For the hooded jacket, no Zimmerman blood, DNA. That means, he didn't beat poor old Zimmerman up but he was murdered anyway.

One small stain on the grey sweatshirt at the waist hem.

No Zimmerman DNA???????? That means Zimmerman wasn't there and didn't shoot Martin.

Huh. That's a good point.

Maybe TM's finger tips weren't deeply clutching GZ's skull. Maybe so. Do you know if they swabbed not only TM's fingernails, but also palms, fingers, etc? IF there was no speck at all of GZ's DNA on any part of TM's hands, then I'd say that's pretty doggone damning.

Trials can be so riveting. :razz::tongue:

Conversely, Zimmermans blood was found on the cuff of Martin's shirt that he wore underneath the hoody, indicative of his hands being close to where GZ was bleeding... and supporative of the the claim by Zimmerman that TM was slamming his head into the concrete.

Not true. hoodie stain A was Trevon's, stain B was a negative result for blood, stain C positive result for blood but he was unable to obtain dna results.

Swabbed for foreign to Treyvon for blood on cuffs, elbow to cuff, negative for right cuff.

Left cuff, negative for blood. For the hooded jacket, no Zimmerman blood, DNA. That means, he didn't beat poor old Zimmerman up but he was murdered anyway.

You must have been vacuuming when on cross he admitted that the hooded sweat shirt was not processed through evidence in the correct SOP and was more than likely contaminated. Sort of leads to a doubt about any evidence or lack there of on the hooded sweatshirt.

No Zimmerman DNA???????? That means Zimmerman wasn't there and didn't shoot Martin.

There was all kinds of dna just not the kind the defense was looking for. The dna guy was excellent. Friday autopsy testimony and Treyvon's mother. Then we get to poke holes in the defense theories.

Or slapping. Or they were all blocked. If those were punches gz would have been a mess. It's not like tm was wearing gloves.

If DNA is the be all end all, then he didn't murder TM. After all no GZ DNA on the trigger.

fyi

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en...373.2-6.6.0...0.0.0..1ac.1.17.img.mUMtm-Uy3Sc

6a00d8341bf67c53ef0163061eeeb3970d-800wi.jpg

Last edited:
Haven't read all the replies, so sorry if this has been brought up. In regards to the gun being pressed against TM's chest when fired, you should get used to hearing the term "out of battery" when regards to this particular gun. I'm not a gun person, but I'm sure someone can comment on that.

Can't tell about the weapon but if the gun is fired being pressed to one's body the injury differs from the one being fired from aa distance, even a close distance.
That is forensics

Forensic Science Central – Forensic Pathology

From what I've been told, with this particular gun, if the slide is even a millimeter out of place or "out of battery" it will not fire a bullet. So if it was pressed against a chest it can not fire a bullet.

It was a Kel Tec PF9. I've sold a bunch of them. I have never tried to fire one out of battery. I suspect it will fire just fine.

Pure speculation, but I think GZ misheard that and TM said "You shot me". Just makes more sense. I'm sure TM never had a thought that GZ, "creepy ass cracker" was a packer...as in gun. (Sorry but the rhyme just fit at the moment.)

Why is Trayvon Martin the victim since this is a self defense case? Wouldn't George Zimmerman be the victim since he had to defend himself against Trayvon Martin?

BOOM!!!
Your head just exploded,
Your mind has been blown!
You're walking around dazed,
Knowledge has been shown.

You don't know what to do,
Which way do you run.
The light from this question,
Brighter than the sun.

And if TM's enunciation of the English language is anything like his friend, the witness, then I'm surprised Zimmerman could even make THAT much out of it. Got, shot. Potato, potaaato

CS,

I don't think the P is allowed to refer to TM as the victim. That must have been in a motion because I heard Bernie correct himself with the last witness today. BDLR did refer to TM as the victim and then stopped himself and apologized and said Trayvon Martin.

But I agree with you. And your little poem was clever, too.

Can't tell about the weapon but if the gun is fired being pressed to one's body the injury differs from the one being fired from aa distance, even a close distance.
That is forensics

Forensic Science Central – Forensic Pathology

From what I've been told, with this particular gun, if the slide is even a millimeter out of place or "out of battery" it will not fire a bullet. So if it was pressed against a chest it can not fire a bullet.

It was a Kel Tec PF9. I've sold a bunch of them. I have never tried to fire one out of battery. I suspect it will fire just fine.

It is my understanding that the defense has a forensic expert that will testify that they will not fire properly if out of battery.

And it really irks me that the P was successful in keeping GZ's parents out of the courtroom even though they had no intention of calling them as witnesses. Assholes.

Pure speculation, but I think GZ misheard that and TM said "You shot me". Just makes more sense. I'm sure TM never had a thought that GZ, "creepy ass cracker" was a packer...as in gun. (Sorry but the rhyme just fit at the moment.)

Excellent point!! Everything that GZs said that cant be backed up is speculation.

I have a real problem with the "he said you're gonna die" comment. I think GZ figured out pretty quick that he would have to say that to show he was in fear for his own life. In other words, I had to use it on him before he used it on me.

Cant prove he didnt say it...he may have, but to me just watching GZ initially state it looked kind of weird...like he was telling the truth for the most part and then added that to the police. He just looked like he was making it up to me or just throwing that in there knowing that nobody could prove it wasnt said...his demeanor was different than when he was telling other stuff that he knew was true. Just an opinion cant prove it...I was just taken back a bit when I heard and saw him say it in the interrogation and reenactment.

Sometimes (see my sig). This case is no different...this is a guy who shot an unarmed man...dont think for a second he wouldnt embellish a couple of things to make his case more concrete. All of us would probably do the same if in the same position.

Last edited:
Why the hell would Martin be screaming for help when it's been demonstrated that he was the aggressor until shot? I've been in MANY fights and I've never myself cried for help when I was whipping someones ass.

It's obvious who was crying out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back