The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole notion that Zimmerman "stalked" Trayvon Martin with the intent of using his gun flies right out the window when you actually look at the situation.

Zimmerman doesn't draw his weapon until he fears that the man who is atop him and has been beating him without letup has noticed his gun and is trying to get it. Only then...does Zimmerman elect to use the weapon.

But more importantly...if Trayvon Martin REALLY is frightened by the "creepy assed Cracker" that followed him...what possible reason would he have to leave the safety of the condo he was staying at...a condo that he could have very easily called the police himself to report the "stalking"...and walk back up the hundred yards plus to get to where Zimmerman is returning to his SUV? And if he DID do that simply to see if the man was still there (your claim that I'm sorry to say that I find to be almost laughable, 25) why wouldn't he let the man continue on his way? Why would he step out of the darkness and ask "You got a problem?"...an opening salvo that anyone who's ever been in a fight recognizes as threatening.

I agree...I dont think he was out to kill anyone...hes not that type of person. He was a concerned citizen who made some mistakes.

He and trayvon both have their own responsibility for what happened that night. Trayvon paid the ultimate price and GZ needs to pay with some time in jail, IMO. Will that happen to GZ? As it looks now...i dont think so.

That may not even be right.

Zimmerman was pretty cold after the killing. Previously, he's expressed a desire to "hunt for fugitives". He called Trayvon's killing, "God's plan" and he called him a "suspect".

Post #1397.

Yes. Zimmerman reached into his pocket. He did not fumble through his pockets. Mr. 25cent mentality thinks Trayvon saw Zimmerman fumbling through his pockets to get a gun. That's absurd on its face and contradicted by the link you gave.
QED.

So you don't think that Martin, who saw Zimmerman, a man who followed in a car. A man who got out of the car and followed him brazenly into a dark courtyard, didn't have reason to believe that Zimmerman was armed? And that Zimmerman may have been pulling a gun?

Because he would have been right on the armed part. And he may have clocked Zimmerman before he got his gun.

Bravo...well said. You mean the creepy guy following me in the dark and rain? When I ask what the problem is and he goes frantically reaching for something in his pockets....you mean Im not to assume that he might be pulling out a lollipop?

He might have a weapon? Oops he did have a weapon. Boy did he!

I think the number out of Zimmerman's nearly 50 calls which mentioned black people was 7.

Either 6 or 7.

Does it matter as this is a self defense case....A member of the kkk has the same rights to it as anyone else.

Unless we're becoming a very different society indeed.

If Zimmerman really did have it out for blacks as would be implied by him making 50 calls to the police complaining about them, that would matter. If he approached Martin with racial malice, then that could factor into the determination of his intent, which has long been taken into consideration in our society's courts.

Marc has been making stuff up about Zimmerman. I haven't been paying too close of attention to what all he has been saying, but that leapt out at me and serves as a symbol for Marc's disregard of the facts of this case and his willingness to believe anything bad about Zimmerman no matter how little truth there is in it.

I am still waiting for Marc's response to the reasonable fear for loss of Jordan's in Atlanta. Somehow that meets the burden of self defense, but if someone defends themselves for loss of vehicle they are redneck vigilante.

[MENTION=23063]Rat in the Hat[/MENTION]

Can you be in charge of Fancy Grapes updates so we can see what pointers the prosecution is getting? I don't have HLN.

Putting a lot on you, FGs, sigs, humor relief, language translations.

No worries, it's the Rep Thread and your efforts are duly noted.

It sure sounds like the voice screaming shrilly before the shot was the same voice AFTER the shot.

But I thought Bao was of the "opinion" that after the shot the victim could not have cried out.

If that's the case, then it HAD to be GZ's voice, wouldn't you say?

The lead investigator said after the incident during Z questioning duirng that call "that's you isn't it?"

As far as I'm concerned Z screaming has been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Bu....bu.....bu....li'l Trayvon's mother know huh li'l chile....huh li'l angel..
pukingsmiley.gif
Did she actually imply that Trayvon was an angel? If she did, it opens a huge can of worms.

Those of you who don't think Uncle Jorge could recognize a voice on a tape....you wouldn't recognize YOUR children or family if the same happened and you heard it? Really?

I would and my youngest is George Zimmerman's age.

I have thought a lot about this. I had a friend out of high school who was killed in an MVA. She was SO mangled that the only thing that looked like her were her hands. They allowed the body to be viewed, why I don't know, they even put fake lips on her. I used to tell my husband if he ever had to go to the morgue to ID me, to ask them to let him look where I have a birthmark. I could ID my children by their hands, their feet, the pattern of hair growing on my son's arms, my daughter's lack of surface veins. When my friends used to call up and play phone jokes on me in grade school, no matter what they did to disguise their voice, I always recognized them. I think I would recognize my children and they are both mid/late 30s.

Yes. Zimmerman reached into his pocket. He did not fumble through his pockets. Mr. 25cent mentality thinks Trayvon saw Zimmerman fumbling through his pockets to get a gun. That's absurd on its face and contradicted by the link you gave.
QED.

So you don't think that Martin, who saw Zimmerman, a man who followed in a car. A man who got out of the car and followed him brazenly into a dark courtyard, didn't have reason to believe that Zimmerman was armed? And that Zimmerman may have been pulling a gun?

Because he would have been right on the armed part. And he may have clocked Zimmerman before he got his gun.

Bravo...well said. You mean the creepy guy following me in the dark and rain? When I ask what the problem is and he goes frantically reaching for something in his pockets....you mean Im not to assume that he might be pulling out a lollipop?

He might have a weapon? Oops he did have a weapon. Boy did he!

Here's the shocking part. He used it.

And no one supporting Zimmerman seems to give a damn.

Those of you who don't think Uncle Jorge could recognize a voice on a tape....you wouldn't recognize YOUR children or family if the same happened and you heard it? Really?

I would and my youngest is George Zimmerman's age.

From what I've heard of Zimmerman's voice, it sounds like him. But, the screams of someone in duress is hardly an exact science.

Regardless, nobody's testimony about whose voice it is will make a lick of difference. The jury will see Zimmerman's wounds in conjunction with the witness testimony that Travis was the attacker and that'll be that.

[MENTION=23063]Rat in the Hat[/MENTION]

Can you be in charge of Fancy Grapes updates so we can see what pointers the prosecution is getting? I don't have HLN.

Putting a lot on you, FGs, sigs, humor relief, language translations.

No worries, it's the Rep Thread and your efforts are duly noted.

Nancy Grace may stroke out tonight. Her blood pressure has to be astronomical right now.

The whole notion that Zimmerman "stalked" Trayvon Martin with the intent of using his gun flies right out the window when you actually look at the situation.

Zimmerman doesn't draw his weapon until he fears that the man who is atop him and has been beating him without letup has noticed his gun and is trying to get it. Only then...does Zimmerman elect to use the weapon.

But more importantly...if Trayvon Martin REALLY is frightened by the "creepy assed Cracker" that followed him...what possible reason would he have to leave the safety of the condo he was staying at...a condo that he could have very easily called the police himself to report the "stalking"...and walk back up the hundred yards plus to get to where Zimmerman is returning to his SUV? And if he DID do that simply to see if the man was still there (your claim that I'm sorry to say that I find to be almost laughable, 25) why wouldn't he let the man continue on his way? Why would he step out of the darkness and ask "You got a problem?"...an opening salvo that anyone who's ever been in a fight recognizes as threatening.

I agree...I dont think he was out to kill anyone...hes not that type of person. He was a concerned citizen who made some mistakes.

He and trayvon both have their own responsibility for what happened that night. Trayvon paid the ultimate price and GZ needs to pay with some time in jail, IMO. Will that happen to GZ? As it looks now...i dont think so.

That may not even be right.

Zimmerman was pretty cold after the killing. Previously, he's expressed a desire to "hunt for fugitives". He called Trayvon's killing, "God's plan" and he called him a "suspect".

I just dont believe that you head out for target and groceries and then switch into a hunting murderer. I dont think GZ even had it in him. Plus, I dont think you set out to kill and then call 911 and have the cops on the way before you do it.

I just think you have to be careful when you go following people in the night...even if you have good intentions. The cops were on the way....and then the cat goes after on foot.

Some say Tray came to him...okay well who has been coming to tray in the dark and night previous to that?

But how many of them implicated black people? Around 10 or 12. Is there any evidence that any of these "50" calls suggested he was racist, or he was profiling anyone? No.

That's it, plain and simple.

Most of them implicated black people, Templar.

You have no proof of this, Jackson. Stop running your mouth.

George Zimmerman’s relevant past

Meanwhile, over the course of eight years, Zimmerman made at least 46 calls to the Sanford (Fla.) Police Department reporting suspicious activity involving black males.
George Zimmerman?s relevant past

Now this is a guy that is convinced it was george yelling for help and he is emotional and detailed about it. I believe him...it was George yelling for help.

So, you going to switch sides again?

I never switch sides. I dont have a side as you do. I look at both, so I dont get bored and start flaming those who could potentially disagree.

If it makes sense...I give it to him...if it doesnt...I dont. In the end, hopefully justice is served.

Never switch sides??????

You are only impartial if we take an average.

Does anyone think that the fact the first two witnesses called by the defense were Hispanics really stuck in the crawl of Sharpton and the boys?

Most of them implicated black people, Templar.

You have no proof of this, Jackson. Stop running your mouth.

George Zimmerman’s relevant past

Meanwhile, over the course of eight years, Zimmerman made at least 46 calls to the Sanford (Fla.) Police Department reporting suspicious activity involving black males.
George Zimmerman?s relevant past

So they have a right to commit crimes? People like you are supporters of criminals.

The lead investigator said after the incident during Z questioning duirng that call "that's you isn't it?"

As far as I'm concerned Z screaming has been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Bu....bu.....bu....li'l Trayvon's mother know huh li'l chile....huh li'l angel..
pukingsmiley.gif
Did she actually imply that Trayvon was an angel? If she did, it opens a huge can of worms.

She did. And they showed the tweet on CNN. You got an extra fishing pole?

Fulton posted on Twitter Friday, saying “I pray that God give me the strength to properly represent my angel Trayvon.”

Trayvon Martin?s Mother Takes Stand, Tweets Prayer For Strength To ?Properly Represent? Son « CBS Tampa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back