The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh good grief, I hope they have something better than this bullshit.

They put Zimmerman's parents on first so that they can actually come and view the proceedings. Just like Mr. Martin's parents have been able to for the last couple of weeks.

This was M O'M's brilliance and why I have that little thing.

He left them for the weekend with that. No ME mumbo jumbo, no weirdass shit.

You want some emotion?

Here's your emotion.

See ya on Monday.

I'm quoting myself - just get over it.

Plus... he humanized Z right out of the gate.

Super duper smooth great intro move to start/end their turn with for the weekend.

Your bias is palpable.

I really can't say how much of this you've seen but wingnuts have been on here ripping the prosecution's witnesses up one side and down the other.

I have an opinion too and old Jorge was at least embellishing. :lol:

No one is doing that. It is just that some of us can see reality, and the reality is that the witnesses for the prosecution all validated Zimmerman's story.

No they did not. I give you no credibility at all so stop making your little comments. Post to someone who believes you about anything at all.

K?

According to GZ's testimony. He scooted off the sidewalk cause it hurt when his head hit it.

According to GZ's testimony he killed him because he was being suffocated. Not because of the scratch he got on his head.

Or did I miss something?

Aren't suffocation and blunt force head trauma instances which could cause a reasonable fear of death or great bodily injury?

Again, if he's off the side walk, like he claims, then blunt force has past no?

As to the "suffocation"... listen to the guy on the audio. Does the guy screaming sound like he's suffocating to you? Last I checked you need air to scream. Just sayin.

If your argument is that GZ was out of his mind with an uncontrollable fear ... I'd agree. Let's get a psych to examine GZ to see if he can plead temporary insanity.

You're from Texas, so you know that ground can be very hard, correct? Hard enough to say, break a bone if you fall off a horse, right?

When being suffocated, could you not free yourself from a choke hold, only to be grasped again moments later?

Let's just agree to disagree. I think Zimmerman's fear was reasonable. He made some really stupid decisions that evening, but I believe he feared for his life and was not the initial aggressor. Because that is where the evidence has lead me. I didn't have to fabricate a story to picture it in my mind. The defense did a pretty good job with the State's own witnesses on cross-examination. Maybe the State will dazzle me next week, but I won't hold my breath.

(As to temp insanity...no. Legal insanity isn't even close to psychiatric insanity, and doesn't apply at all here).

You do have balls. That's for sure. Doubling down on your errors with no shame.

How many of his calls mentioned black people? Less than 10.
I never said anything about black people jagoff.

Get a hold of yourself!

Are you just trolling us now? This was your post:

Trayvon is subject to the same fear for his life that you give Zimmerman the rights to have.

It boils down to who was the aggressor.

I believe that the evidence points to Zimmerman being the aggressor. Had he followed the suggestion of the dispatcher he would not be in this mess...at least not today.

Based on his past he seemed like he was destined to kill somebody's child. He had made about 50 calls to the cops reporting suspicious black people.

He was a wannabe cop that finally found the trouble he was looking for.

I'm not making this stuff up dude.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...al-zimmerman-trial-thread-40.html#post7471206

"He had made about 50 calls to the cops reporting suspicious black people," was your line.

Followed by the delightfully ironic, "I'm not making this stuff up dude.".

mcdonalds_bag430x300.jpg

I'm back...

Divvy up amongst yourselves...

And one of those Big Macs is mine, Slim Goodbody. :D

I thought this place was supposed to be fast food. It took you hours. :razz:

Aren't suffocation and blunt force head trauma instances which could cause a reasonable fear of death or great bodily injury?

As to the "suffocation"... listen to the guy on the audio. Does the guy screaming sound like he's suffocating to you? Last I checked you need air to scream. Just sayin.

If your argument is that GZ was out of his mind with an uncontrollable fear ... I'd agree. Let's get a psych to examine GZ to see if he can plead temporary insanity.

Maybe...just maybe...GZ could have instead been screaming "Im Neighborhood watch and the cops are on the way"...even in the struggle he wont identify himself. I know I would have...thats the first thing that would come to mind if im getting my ass beat.

Eggzactly.. why on earth would anyone think screaming for someone to come help you win a fight is gonna get the guy winning the fight to stop attacking you.

More particularly why would a hispanic guy ask a white guy to help him restrain a black guy? Wouldn't the black guy get even more angry at the hispanic guy for asking the white guy to help him? duh?

It's almost as if GZ does not want the guy to stop. Or more particularly that he's really just trying to stop TM from "getting away."

If I were going to be start trolling people, I would try to troll them with the truth.

I totally don't understand the mentality which lets someone make something, and then deny ever saying it.

No reasoning at all? Almost everything I have written is based on case law, which is extremely well reasoned. In fact, it is so well reasoned, it has endured for centuries in English common law. It would lead to what we already have.

I believe that it is reasonable to fear for your life when another is arguably beating your head into the concrete. You don't. What is reasonable to one may or may not be reasonable to another. But I think you are being disingenuous as to the extent of what Zimmerman's injuries could have become. Did he have to wait until brain matter was hanging from his ear to defend himself? Cranial injuries aren't "minor hurts;" they can kill you dead as a hammer.

I agree with you, but if doubts about embellishments exist, couldnt this have an adverse effect on a jury that is to determine your fate?

It takes six to seal your fate in Florida, but only one to set you free. It is what it is.

Yepper.

Considering how stacked the deck was, there has to has to be some level playing ground.

When POTUS says the vic could be his son (insert the rest of the pile of shit here), you're already starting at the back of the pack.

The playing field feels a little more level now.

Still that jury fear mountain.

I've said this a zillion times, but if she would rule on when to release the jurors names to the media before instructions, before they deliberate - that would level that mountain somewhat.

the link does not say black people

lie much?
WTF said anything about black people?!?!

The matter was that Zimmerman made almost 50 calls to 911 previously.

That's it. Plain and simple.

But how many of them implicated black people? Around 10 or 12. Is there any evidence that any of these "50" calls suggested he was racist, or he was profiling anyone? No.

That's it, plain and simple.

Most of them implicated black people, Templar.

But how many of them implicated black people? Around 10 or 12. Is there any evidence that any of these "50" calls suggested he was racist, or he was profiling anyone? No.

You have no proof of this, Jackson. Stop running your mouth.

Yes. Zimmerman reached into his pocket. He did not fumble through his pockets. Mr. 25cent mentality thinks Trayvon saw Zimmerman fumbling through his pockets to get a gun. That's absurd on its face and contradicted by the link you gave.
QED.
Never said that...dont twist my words. Did you do your homework and catch up yet? Obviously not.

You havnt even watched the tapes yet...and you have an opinion?

You're from Texas, so you know that ground can be very hard, correct? Hard enough to say, break a bone if you fall off a horse, right?

When being suffocated, could you not free yourself from a choke hold, only to be grasped again moments later?

Let's just agree to disagree. I think Zimmerman's fear was reasonable. He made some really stupid decisions that evening, but I believe he feared for his life and was not the initial aggressor. Because that is where the evidence has lead me. I didn't have to fabricate a story to picture it in my mind. The defense did a pretty good job with the State's own witnesses on cross-examination. Maybe the State will dazzle me next week, but I won't hold my breath.

(As to temp insanity...no. Legal insanity isn't even close to psychiatric insanity, and doesn't apply at all here).

Not to mention that insanity is an affirmative defense and has to be pled in just like self defense. You can't jump on that horse in the middle of the river.

Maybe...just maybe...GZ could have instead been screaming "Im Neighborhood watch and the cops are on the way"...even in the struggle he wont identify himself. I know I would have...thats the first thing that would come to mind if im getting my ass beat.

You would scream a multiple phrase sentence over a single syllable word? He was calling to others, not speaking to Martin. I think he had already figured out that Martin wasn't going to have a level-headed conversation about the situation.

[25]"I'm 25cal and I post on USMB, and Redcoats are coming, the Redcoats are coming!"[/25] :razz:

Says something about the parenting of these children. Doesn't it??? If someone is going to commit a crime shouldn't they be reported?

Or do you believe in a double standard?

e

Plus let's say your nose is broke and the blood is running down the back of your sinuses and throat because you're on your back.

That air thing again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back