The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So if two teens are wrestling around and one gets a scratch or two, it's ok for the one with the scratches to pull a gun and shoot the other? No reasoning at all?

What would this lead to? Would we be saying anyone that claims they are super sensitive, such as GZ, should be allowed to kill anyone that hurts them in any way whatsoever, because the hypochondriac goes into a tizzy fit over any minor hurt? What about minor insults? Where do we draw the line on reasonable expectation that you are gonna die if you don't kill the other person?

No reasoning at all? Almost everything I have written is based on case law, which is extremely well reasoned. In fact, it is so well reasoned, it has endured for centuries in English common law. It would lead to what we already have.

I believe that it is reasonable to fear for your life when another is arguably beating your head into the concrete. You don't. What is reasonable to one may or may not be reasonable to another. But I think you are being disingenuous as to the extent of what Zimmerman's injuries could have become. Did he have to wait until brain matter was hanging from his ear to defend himself? Cranial injuries aren't "minor hurts;" they can kill you dead as a hammer.

I agree with you, but if doubts about embellishments exist, couldnt this have an adverse effect on a jury that is to determine your fate?

It takes six to seal your fate in Florida, but only one to set you free. It is what it is.

It sure sounds like the voice screaming shrilly before the shot was the same voice AFTER the shot.

But I thought Bao was of the "opinion" that after the shot the victim could not have cried out.

If that's the case, then it HAD to be GZ's voice, wouldn't you say?

The lead investigator said after the incident during Z questioning duirng that call "that's you isn't it?"

As far as I'm concerned Z screaming has been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Bu....bu.....bu....li'l Trayvon's mother know huh li'l chile....huh li'l angel..
pukingsmiley.gif

Now this is a guy that is convinced it was george yelling for help and he is emotional and detailed about it. I believe him...it was George yelling for help.

So, you going to switch sides again?

I never switch sides. I dont have a side as you do. I look at both, so I dont get bored and start flaming those who could potentially disagree.

If it makes sense...I give it to him...if it doesnt...I dont. In the end, hopefully justice is served.

I think I am this jury, more than a lot of posters here. That was just too fake.

Your bias is palpable.

I really can't say how much of this you've seen but wingnuts have been on here ripping the prosecution's witnesses up one side and down the other.

I have an opinion too and old Jorge was at least embellishing. :lol:

No one is doing that. It is just that some of us can see reality, and the reality is that the witnesses for the prosecution all validated Zimmerman's story.

No reasoning at all? Almost everything I have written is based on case law, which is extremely well reasoned. In fact, it is so well reasoned, it has endured for centuries in English common law. It would lead to what we already have.

I believe that it is reasonable to fear for your life when another is arguably beating your head into the concrete. You don't. What is reasonable to one may or may not be reasonable to another. But I think you are being disingenuous as to the extent of what Zimmerman's injuries could have become. Did he have to wait until brain matter was hanging from his ear to defend himself? Cranial injuries aren't "minor hurts;" they can kill you dead as a hammer.

According to GZ's testimony. He scooted off the sidewalk cause it hurt when his head hit it.

According to GZ's testimony he killed him because he was being suffocated. Not because of the scratch he got on his head.

Or did I miss something?

Aren't suffocation and blunt force head trauma instances which could cause a reasonable fear of death or great bodily injury?

Again, if he's off the side walk, like he claims, then blunt force has past no?

As to the "suffocation"... listen to the guy on the audio. Does the guy screaming sound like he's suffocating to you? Last I checked you need air to scream. Just sayin.

If your argument is that GZ was out of his mind with an uncontrollable fear ... I'd agree. Let's get a psych to examine GZ to see if he can plead temporary insanity.

Zimmerman calling 911 50 times actually benefits the defense more than the prosecution. After all, he never shot anyone before. No one ever attacked him before.

Zimmerman calling 911 50 times actually benefits the defense more than the prosecution. After all, he never shot anyone before. No one ever attacked him before.
Interesting spin.

Let's see if the Defense is stupid enough to try that dopey logic.

You do have balls. That's for sure. Doubling down on your errors with no shame.

How many of his calls mentioned black people? Less than 10.
I never said anything about black people jagoff.

Get a hold of yourself!

you're a serial liar...

Based on his past he seemed like he was destined to kill somebody's child. He had made about 50 calls to the cops reporting suspicious black people.

He was a wannabe cop that finally found the trouble he was looking for.

I'm not making this stuff up dude.

why lie about something that when it is so easily proven you lied?

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox
Well, I'll read y'all on Monday, but I'm sure I'll check in every once in a while over the weekend, so I'll read y'all then.

According to GZ's testimony. He scooted off the sidewalk cause it hurt when his head hit it.

According to GZ's testimony he killed him because he was being suffocated. Not because of the scratch he got on his head.

Or did I miss something?

Aren't suffocation and blunt force head trauma instances which could cause a reasonable fear of death or great bodily injury?

Again, if he's off the side walk, like he claims, then blunt force has past no?

As to the "suffocation"... listen to the guy on the audio. Does the guy screaming sound like he's suffocating to you? Last I checked you need air to scream. Just sayin.

If your argument is that GZ was out of his mind with an uncontrollable fear ... I'd agree. Let's get a psych to examine GZ to see if he can plead temporary insanity.

Maybe...just maybe...GZ could have instead been screaming "Im Neighborhood watch and the cops are on the way"...even in the struggle he wont identify himself. I know I would have...thats the first thing that would come to mind if im getting my ass beat.

the link does not say black people

lie much?
WTF said anything about black people?!?!

The matter was that Zimmerman made almost 50 calls to 911 previously.

That's it. Plain and simple.

orly?

Based on his past he seemed like he was destined to kill somebody's child. He had made about 50 calls to the cops reporting suspicious black people.

He was a wannabe cop that finally found the trouble he was looking for.

I'm not making this stuff up dude.

ooooops

busted in yet another lie

If a school could suspend a five year old for nibbling a pop tart in the shape of a gun, because the child was in possession of a firearm, George Zimmerman could believe he was in fear for his life over these injuries.

AGAIN with this bullshit "call your next witness?"

Come ON!

That is more of a lawyer thing than a judge thing. Catching the opposing counsel with their pants down is the objective. Some were speculating the prosecution would rest on Thursday for that purpose. You have to have your witnesses ready to go. And no guarantee they will go at any particular time. An expert witness may sit in the hall for days, waiting. And charging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back