The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Boat loads of all kinds of Hispanics in Georgia.
Friend of mine is half black, half Hispanic and married to a white woman.
Does she or he label their kids as "black Hispanic"?
NO, nothing to do with black and white.
That is media and head counting label.
Amazing how easily sheep are led.
Real world folks. PEOPLE DO NOT LABEL THEMSELVES that way.
Only media and head counters.

The defense HAD the burden of going forward. The STATE did that FOR the defendant.

The burden then goes right the fuck BACK to the State. And THEY are obliged by law to disprove the defense of justification once raised -- beyond a reasonable doubt.

And your spin is ridiculous in light of the evidence. The victim WAS engaged in criminal behavior (pummeling the defendant) at the time that GZ allegedly found it necessary to defend himself.

Well it's not ridiculous at all.

In any case, people who own guns and like to carry them around should be a bit nervous because this will shed light on exactly how dangerous that is, in Florida.

If Zimmerman walks it will mean at any time and any place an unarmed person can be shot for almost any reason at all.

And so long as they are killed, the killer will get away with it.

What you're saying is if Zimmerman gets convicted regardless of what the law says anyone who wants to beat the crap out of someone can do so as long as the person they beat the crap out of is carrying a gun.

What your saying is that if we have a trial for murder and the murderer gets convicted that excuses all other crimes committed by the guy the murder killed. New flash: George was not judge, jury, and executioner of TM.

Maybe Georgia doesn't have any? I don't know, but it is not something that just happened after the GZ/TM incident. And I provided you with a link to a "media" story about black Hispanics, so you would learn something new and quit saying you never heard of it.

That is your assessment, so maybe you are a tad biased, yourself?

So who died and left you in charge? It is okay for you to talk about the term "white hispanic" but nobody else should? Are you a control freak, as well?

If you don't think there is Hispanics in Georgia, you obviously have never been to Georgia. If you go to Atlanta/DeKalb county on the right day you could find an individual from every inhabited continent on the earth.

Now where did I say there were no Hispanics in Georgia? You have trouble reading, too?
I said: "Maybe there are no (black Hispanics) in Georgia. "Maybe" means I don't know if there are or not. There probably are, but the fact that the media has never mentioned
"black Hispanics" in Georgia does not mean that the term does not exist, or that there are no "black Hispanics" in the US or in Georgia.

Well the "white Hispanic" on trial is going to be acquitted. "Maybe" that is relevant.

Yes but they only consider the one witness who said he saw Trayvon on top pummeling Zimmerman MMA style to be the only witness. The other witnesses who saw the one on top getting up and the other person laying dead are completely dismissed offhand by the group here.

It's funny because he is the only witness who could see in the dark and rain.

How credible is that? Not much imo.

How many eye witnesses do you need before credibility is established ?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZfpwfQ58Ds]The answer is ... 4? - YouTube[/ame]

After listening to the tape all morning, I'm completely convinced it's George.

What proves it to me is that he's yelling "Help" and not "Hep"

A problem the prosection has is no one came forth to identify Travyon other than his mom and brother. Those both can be excluded as emotional as well as GZ family

Hines Ward is half black and half oriental.
They labeled him as a Chigger in high school and even in college.
All Pro and headed to the Hall of Fame.
REAL FOLKS without an agenda called him HINES.

Yes but they only consider the one witness who said he saw Trayvon on top pummeling Zimmerman MMA style to be the only witness. The other witnesses who saw the one on top getting up and the other person laying dead are completely dismissed offhand by the group here.

No witness saw anything credible. It was an unlit street and raining. Oh yeah, and it was dark.

Zimmerman defense: Texts show Trayvon Martin 'hostile' day of shooting - CNN.com

Are they relevant? Should they be admissible?

I'm on the fence, I imagine setting up his state of mind that day could be relevant. However, I wonder if angry texts with a girlfriend hours before his death "set up a state of mind"? Especially with teenager boys, being angry one min. with one person and totally fine the next with someone else is pretty common.

Martin's not on trial.

Exactly. If Martin had shot GZ, then they could use the texts, but all we have are GZ's angry comments about blacks getting away all the time!

Which is hyperbole on your part.

People are really shooting other people because they were cut off in traffic, got into a shouting match at a bar or looked at each other funny.

And, by the evidence, it was not Martin that "picked out" Zimmerman. We have no clue as to whether Martin even knew Zimmerman was armed.

We DO KNOW, by the FACTS, Zimmerman picked out Martin. And Zimmerman thought Martin may have been armed.

He chased him anyway.

What other people are doing in other situations is irrelvant to what happened between GZ and TM, of course.

The EVIDENCE is what should be determinative.

And the EVIDENCE is consistent with GZ's account.

It is inconsistent with the State's claims.

And no. We don NOT "know" that GZ "picked out" TM. Where do you come up with this silly stuff?

We know that he OBSERVED TM, found him to be suspicious and reported what he saw and followed TM.

and ANYBODY might be armed.

Too bad TM didn't think of that.

The time span from when Zimmerman spotted Martin to the time he shot him is seven minutes.

This wasn't a long chase. Half of that time was spent on a well lit street where Zimmerman spots Martin, Zimmerman says Martin circles the car and then Zimmerman says Martin is getting away.

It's not consistent that Zimmerman, who "fears" Martin is armed, follows him into a dark courtyard to "get an address" and that within that timeframe Martin secrets a location to "lie in wait" and attack Zimmerman.

It doesn't make sense from Zimmerman's statement that Martin is running away nor does it make any sense given the time that Martin had to "plot" this attack.

And it doesn't make any sense to "get an address" in an area with no lights.

Zimmerman admits to both following Martin and then changes the story that he kept going to find the address across the courtyard.

And that doesn't make sense.

Well, considering the fact that the first impulse when someone is doing something they aren't supposed to be doing is the run, I figure that makes sense. But since TM had drugs in his system it's possible he wasn't acting normal.

One could speculate that he at first started running then said "Fuck this, I'm gonna kick somebody's butt". So he decided after talking to his GF on the phone to be a bad-ass and go back and confront that creepy assed Cracker.

No witness saw anything credible. It was an unlit street and raining. Oh yeah, and it was dark.

let's see----first the claim was that no one was there so we don't know anything. When someone shows up the claim is that is was too dark. If it was so dark how did GZ see TM in the first place ?

47 and a youtube, then the reply is:

Link?

stock-photo-15310819-single-chain-link.jpg

let's see----first the claim was that no one was there so we don't know anything. When someone shows up the claim is that is was too dark. If it was so dark how did GZ see TM in the first place ?

Wait, where's the saber toothed tiger hiding in that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back