The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And profiling maybe? I mean the kid was just walking through the complex.

If you are trying to infer that "punks" is associated with a certain race, you are wrong. "Punks" come in all shapes and sizes.

A lot of previous calls to 911 will kind of tell you who he considers a fuckin punk and who he considers to get away all he time.

If that is your prerogative to inject race into this trial, that is your choice. I refuse to do so, however.

If you are trying to infer that "punks" is associated with a certain race, you are wrong. "Punks" come in all shapes and sizes.

A lot of previous calls to 911 will kind of tell you who he considers a fuckin punk and who he considers to get away all he time.

If that is your prerogative to inject race into this trial, that is your choice. I refuse to do so, however.

When the FBI dismissed the race crime investigation, race became a non issue and non topic.

Yes, I agree you shouldn't because you know that profiling is a big part of this. Stalking too.

Yes, I agree you shouldn't because you know that profiling is a big part of this. Stalking too.

Your hollow accusations say more about you than me.

If GZ would have stayed in his truck, I would be in his camp 100%. Leaving the truck gave the logical perception that he was stalking and following to the person being followed.

If at some point GZ identified himself...I would be more in his camp. Even to Trayvons death, that kid still didnt know who this man was.

I dont think GZs intentions were bad...I think the perception he gave off was bad. The bad part for GZ with me is that he knew it and continued.

He is the very reason that cops do not tell private citizens..."okay you go that way and Ill go that way...we will meet in the middle and catch this bad guy"...they advise you to stay away and wait for them...he didnt do it and he knew better...he had the training and the knowledge...he didnt use it.

So we are left with the exact reason why "we dont need you to do that". A dead teen and a man on trial for defending himself and public divided and outraged.

You make some points. But, you avoided really answering the scenario.

Its a good question. But, imo, its a loaded question. It cannot be proven that he didn't stalk and follow...hes on tape with 911 doing it and the perception was clearly there from the followee.

That said....No I would not convict him, not of M2....he was overcharged from the get go. At the moment, the worst the jury could find is Involuntary Manslaughter and that may be pushing it with the way the prosecution has handled this case, IMO.

The defense still has their case to present and they may present evidence that gets a quick verdict of not guilty. I'm anxious to see it.

Time will tell, but more O'Mara is better, imo...less of West...although Wests exchange with DD is the best comic relief I have seen in a trial in awhile. An older white guy trying to understand the language of ebonics from a less than cooperative witness had me spitting water more than once...lol.

Actually, I don't recall anything from the 911 tape, that told of GZ following TM after the 911 tape. It's the media who constantly told us that GZ followed TM. But O'Mara made the case that the prosecution had not shown that GZ followed TM. So, people have been arguing this case on that major parameter that seems just assumed.

An old white guy (cracker if you will) now. Looks so much like GZ there is no way he can be believed.

And profiling maybe? I mean the kid was just walking through the complex.

What does his bias matter if he was right? TM was a punk. He got in all sorts of trouble and screwed all types of people.

What does his bias matter if he was right? TM was a punk. He got in all sorts of trouble and screwed all types of people.

Zimmerman has been in all kinds of trouble, domestic violence, molestation, now murder.

Next..

When the FBI dismissed the race crime investigation, race became a non issue and non topic.

Formally, yes. For me, it never was.

For me too, but I thought the "formality" of an investigation dismissal would have settled that issue permanently and put it to bed.

My bad for thinking.

Zimmerman has been in all kinds of trouble, domestic violence, molestation, now murder.

Next..

Nope. GZ has been the subject of some allegations in the past.

Not the same thing, as you know, Sarah.

Next..

The prosecution rested it's case and whatever you said up there wasn't brought up or into evidence.

Next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back