The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone here! This is my first post on the forum and just joined. :redface:

I'm a Zimmerman fanatic although I haven't followed the case for several months. I thought I might read through the posts ITT.

I'm rooting for the Trayvon side btw.

I'm a justice fanatic, no matter which way a case goes. Welcome to the board

Yes indeed justice is what I want here too. And thanks for welcoming me. I hadn't thought I'd be getting going on a forum tonight or anytime soon also for that matter. lol

Our justice system is terribly broken though. Actually I'm very interested in prison reform a lot also and all of it. There are so many things that can be fixed and simply improved. Just to name one, judges have way too much control of the outcomes.

Here's a pic of Trayvan smoking pot and holding a gun.

Note the lack of long fingernails. Almost impossible to get DNA under those.

images

suppose the defense will show the one

with the short fingernails

There was no heat of passion to involved, Jackson. That's why they claimed self defense. Manslaughter and SYG won't work.

There was fear on the part of Zimmerman.

Passion and fear are two different emotions. Fear is linked to self-defense, not "heat of passion." Acting out of fear is one thing, acting out of passion is another. Evaluate the concept of culpable negligence. Zimmerman had to have engaged in recklessness which would be the direct cause of Trayvon's death, but as it so happens, Trayvon it seems started the fight that got himself killed.

"The term culpable negligence should be construed to mean a negligence of a higher degree than that which in civil cases is held to be gross negligence, and must be a negligence of a degree so gross as to be tantamount to a wanton disregard of, or utter indifference to, the safety of human life." [Smith v. State, 197 Miss. 802 (Miss. 1945)]
No where has that been proven. Only hard RW fundamentalists and Zimmerman supporters are claiming that nonsense. If that were the case, there'd be no court case right now, Zimmerman would be a free man.

We're trying to determine what happened now, in a court of law.

Stop spewing that Zimmerman BS as if it were fact.

Hi everyone here! This is my first post on the forum and just joined. :redface:

I'm a Zimmerman fanatic although I haven't followed the case for several months. I thought I might read through the posts ITT.

I'm rooting for the Trayvon side btw.

Yes indeed justice is what I want here too. And thanks for welcoming me. I hadn't thought I'd be getting going on a forum tonight or anytime soon also for that matter. lol

Our justice system is terribly broken though. Actually I'm very interested in prison reform a lot also and all of it. There are so many things that can be fixed and simply improved. Just to name one, judges have way too much control of the outcomes.

I think you can add prosecutors to that list, possibly to the top. Over-charging to get a defendant to plea to a lessor charge out of fear is cowardly and unjust.

Hey, if Zimmerman was the one screaming for help, then why when the gunshot rang out did the screaming IMMEDIATELY stop?

Common sense dictates that had it been Zimmerman screaming he would still have been screaming immediately after the gunshot.

Common sense dictates that the person who was shot was cut off mid scream IMMEDIATELY after receiving a fatal gunshot wound to the heart.

The sound-recording, which the defense is touting around as if it's in their favor, will most likely be the MAIN evidence that damns Zimmerman.

Watch...

Passion and fear are two different emotions. Fear is linked to self-defense, not "heat of passion." Acting out of fear is one thing, acting out of passion is another. Evaluate the concept of culpable negligence. Zimmerman had to have engaged in recklessness which would be the direct cause of Trayvon's death, but as it so happens, Trayvon it seems started the fight that got himself killed.

"The term culpable negligence should be construed to mean a negligence of a higher degree than that which in civil cases is held to be gross negligence, and must be a negligence of a degree so gross as to be tantamount to a wanton disregard of, or utter indifference to, the safety of human life." [Smith v. State, 197 Miss. 802 (Miss. 1945)]
No where has that been proven. Only hard RW fundamentalists and Zimmerman supporters are claiming that nonsense. If that were the case, there'd be no court case right now, Zimmerman would be a free man.

But, it hasn't been disproven beyond a reasonable doubt either. Glad to have you back. Thought you had tucked tail and ran after the last few days of testimony.

But, it hasn't been disproven beyond a reasonable doubt either. Glad to have you back. Thought you had tucked tail and ran after the last few days of testimony.

He's gonna tuck tail and run tomorrow morning though. Tomorrow is gonna be a ass whuppin for the prosecution. He knows it.

[MENTION=44293]pioneerpete[/MENTION]: I have MarcATL on ignore for a reason. He is not interested in a debate, or the facts. His side is losing and he can't seem to wrap his infantile mind around it.

Hey, if Zimmerman was the one screaming for help, then why when the gunshot rang out did the screaming IMMEDIATELY stop?

Common sense dictates that had it been Zimmerman screaming he would still have been screaming immediately after the gunshot.

Common sense dictates that the person who was shot was cut off mid scream IMMEDIATELY after receiving a fatal gunshot wound to the heart.

The sound-recording, which the defense is touting around as if it's in their favor, will most likely be the MAIN evidence that damns Zimmerman.

Watch...

Ok, let's say TM was on top of him screaming. What narrative has the defense given to put him in that situation? Everybody has spent so much time on this tape that they have forgotten to prove how else GZ could have been injured or instigated the fight. If I'm being honest, after all the testimony, I have no idea who is screaming. I could very well see the jury feeling the same way. This could very well lead to reasonable doubt, as there is no other evidence to disprove the injuries.

gz_reenact_2.jpg

See this picture? This is where Zimmerman said he kept his weapon. In a holster behind his back. He said Trayvon (who apparently has X-ray vision) reached for the gun. But then threw him to the ground and straddled him and started beating his face but he was able to reach behind his back (while he was laying on his back) inside of Trayvon's leg, take out the gun, release the safety and shoot the 17 year old in the chest with the gun at a perpendicular angle.

dm_121129_MMA_Insider_top5_Wrestlers.jpg

See what I mean. Remember, Zimmerman was supposedly keeping his weapon in a holster behind him.

defend-against-handgun-chest-800x800.jpg

All of this while his face was being beaten.

And Republicans say, "That sounds about right".

You really are a complete and utter fucking moron.

and you went through all that effort to prove beyond a doubt you actually don't think things through.

I'd explain, but you don't care.

You don't mean "explain". If you could have, you would have. You mean "spin".

Zimmerman is showing where he kept his weapon. I don't know anyone who carries a weapon with the safety OFF, do you? He said he was suckerpunched and knocked to the ground where that 17 year old straddled him and knocked his head to the ground causing what the detective called "insignificant" injuries.

And from that position, while he was being straddled, like in the picture, he was able to take out the gun he was "laying on", disengage the safety and shoot the kid in a perpendicular angle while his head was being smashed on the concrete. Yea, it makes so much sense. With the gun in Zimmerman's pants, covered by a shirt and jacket,

Oh yes, oh yes, oh yes they both, oh yes they both, oh yes they both, reached for the gun, the gun, the gun, oh yes they both reached for the gun, for the gun:

Didn't we already hear this defense? Well, it worked.

Last edited by a moderator:

Do you have any idea what you're talking about Marc?

[MENTION=44293]pioneerpete[/MENTION]: I have MarcATL on ignore for a reason. He is not interested in a debate, or the facts. His side is losing and he can't seem to wrap his infantile mind around it.

I know, but I do enjoy the debate! Prosecution is relying on emotion, so why shouldn't Marc? When you don't know the facts scream. Not a very sound legal tactic, but he's sticking with it.

I think you can add prosecutors to that list, possibly to the top. Over-charging to get a defendant to plea to a lessor charge out of fear is cowardly and unjust.

Right. You can expect them to do their worse which is a fearful nightmare for the wrongly accused. I'm not a fan of prosecutors to say the least, unless they turn attorney like O'Mara

btw I'm against Zimmerman, but that is the exception. I am usually on the side of the defendant unless he's obviously guilty, of course.

I was just trying to point out that just one or two rulings by the judge against the unfortunate one in the trial can often make all the difference with the jury and handcuff them in their deliberations.

Right. You can expect them to do their worse which is a fearful nightmare for the wrongly accused. I'm not a fan of prosecutors to say the least, unless they turn attorney like O'Mara

btw I'm against Zimmerman, but that is the exception. I am usually on the side of the defendant unless he's obviously guilty, of course.

I was just trying to point out that just one or two rulings by the judge against the unfortunate one in the trial can often make all the difference with the jury and handcuff them in their deliberations.

We will have to agree to disagree on GZ. However, I have a great deal of contempt for a prosecutor who charges you with a crime for 5-10 times what he offers you in a plea. Any public defender in the world will tell his client to take that deal, and fear will make the accused take it.

So who is getting more support ITT Trayvon or Zimmerman? I'd love to know and trying to figure that out might not be easy.

So who is getting more support ITT Trayvon or Zimmerman? I'd love to know and trying to figure that out might not be easy.

What is "ITT"?

We will have to agree to disagree on GZ. However, I have a great deal of contempt for a prosecutor who charges you with a crime for 5-10 times what he offers you in a plea. Any public defender in the world will tell his client to take that deal, and fear will make the accused take it.

You hit the nail on the head. When they over-charge, they have no respect for what a suspect is going through.

At the same time, I also believe Zimmerman was overcharged since I believe he's only guilty of manslaughter. It'd be nearly impossible to prove murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back