The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
When it got going, it was a media firestorm that took on a (huge) life of its own.

As for the riots, I believe people who'd have a tendency to do it probably are looking for a reason to riot with the state of the economy and nation so bad. A lot of it, less than half, could be genuine empathy.

I think that media storm, along with Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, with the help of the politicians at the local, state and federal level, could be the reason why you don't have any blacks on the jury. And I don't mean that racially. They created a frenzy that tainted that demographic with regards to the jury pool.

You make a very good point, but that's kind of like throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

I can't imagine it won't create a lot of frustration among blacks and make it hard for them to make heads and tails of it all. IMO it makes the whole thing feel illegitamite.

They chose the process to push all out for charges to be filed. That was their decision. People rushed to judgment based on several lies told by Ben Crump to whip up emotion and made a choice to follow. Everybody has to live with their decision. It is a fair and legal trial. If that isn't enough, then this really isn't about justice. It's mob justice.

What happens to Zimmerman if the jury decides he didn't have reason to shoot Trayvon?

IF, IF, IF....see how that works.
What will happen pete?

IF the state proves beyond a reasonable doubt that GZ didn't act in self defense, then he will be found guilty of manslaughter more than likely. I will be ok with it. What happens if the state fails to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that GZ didn't act in self defense? What will happen marc? Will you be ok with it? How about when he is found guilty of manslaughter by the jury, but is acquitted on appeal because of reversible error by the judge? How will you feel then?

Last edited:
Is the jury sequestered or what do they call it? Can they go home at night? They're going to be famous like the OJ jury. They can gamble for high-stakes to relieve the downtime.

This is week 3 of their sequester. 6 women on the jury. 5 white 1 Hispanic. All of them are middle-aged depending on your view of middle-aged.

That's another thing I really wanted to know. How many blacks were interviewed by the attorneys? How many blacks were excused? I was hoping for there to be some, and there should have been. Too bad. Even if there are few blacks in that community, they could have drawn a larger pool.

How many black people have you seen that actually side with Zimmerman? Zero, right? THATS why there aren't any black people on the jury. They knew they wouldn't get a fair trial with a jury full of people who form their opinions based solely on skin color.

Last edited:
The jury is sequestered. The state pays for their lodging at a hotel near the courthouse. They may not have any contact with the outside world until after the verdict is read and court adjourns for the final time.

Thanks. I just hope the world is ready for them when they're done--if they find GZ not guilty that is. They may just have started the riots going. :eek:

I don't understand all this talk about riots anymore. I don't get why such an insignificant case got so much attention in the first place. Now if we were talking about someone as influential as MLK being murdered like he was, I can see riots... but this is overkill.

It's all political kabuki theater to roll back self defense laws.

Guess politicians were seeing too many of their leg breakers and shylocks getting rebuffed.

IF, IF, IF....see how that works.
What will happen pete?

Why does he have to answer your question while you ignore everyone elses?

How about fuck off?

Just ignore him.

He's braindead, Jim.

h191CC41A

I think that media storm, along with Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, with the help of the politicians at the local, state and federal level, could be the reason why you don't have any blacks on the jury. And I don't mean that racially. They created a frenzy that tainted that demographic with regards to the jury pool.

You make a very good point, but that's kind of like throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

I can't imagine it won't create a lot of frustration among blacks and make it hard for them to make heads and tails of it all. IMO it makes the whole thing feel illegitamite.

They chose the process to push all out for charges to be filed. That was their decision. People rushed to judgment based on several lies told by Ben Crump to whip up emotion and made a choice to follow. Everybody has to live with their decision. It is a fair and legal trial. If that isn't enough, then this really isn't about justice. It's mob justice.

I'm not criticizing your analysis, but aren't these types of attitudes how the blacks have remained 2nd-class citizens since slavery and Jim Crow?

This is week 3 of their sequester. 6 women on the jury. 5 white 1 Hispanic. All of them are middle-aged depending on your view of middle-aged.

That's another thing I really wanted to know. How many blacks were interviewed by the attorneys? How many blacks were excused? I was hoping for there to be some, and there should have been. Too bad. Even if there are few blacks in that community, they could have drawn a larger pool.

How many black people have you seen that actually side with Zimmerman? Zero, right? THATS why there aren't any black people on the jury. They knew they wouldn't get a fair trial with a jury full of people who form their opinions based solely on skin color.

I'm white, and a friend I have had for many years, who is by far the best friend I ever had, is black. Not that the details are important, but he and his family believe Zim's guilty. :dunno:

I'm not criticizing your analysis, but aren't these types of attitudes how the blacks have remained 2nd-class citizens since slavery and Jim Crow?

Equality is participation in the same system. If every black person in the nation is whipped into a frenzy and has their mind made up before the jury is selected, how is that blind justice? For instance, a white man that had posted on social media about getting justice for TM was struck from the jury because of bias, not skin color. How would you feel if he was judged by six black people that were openly in support of his defense? They call that the OJ trial!

Last edited:

I'm white, and a friend I have had for many years, who is by far the best friend I ever had, is black. Not that the details are important, but he and his family believe Zim's guilty. :dunno:

Like I've said before you are entitled to your opinion, but you came here saying that you haven't followed the trial and you are not aware of the testimony that has been presented to the jury thus far. You're first post was that you were a TM supporter. Do you believe that you could be completely unbiased as to innocence or guilt if you were on the jury?

No, those were laws on the books of the respective states, and not the sole result of ill will by people. In fact most whites had no ill will toward blacks, but the race baiters in the Democratic Party used the monstrous stereotypes about blacks to spur fear in people to get them to vote Democrat.

Now those race-baiting frauds have changed targets and train their guns on whites. and light skinned people of any race.

How much do they actually know about the trial?

Did they also believe OJ to be innocent?

Like I've said before you are entitled to your opinion, but you came here saying that you haven't followed the trial and you are not aware of the testimony that has been presented to the jury thus far. You're first post was that you were a TM supporter. Do you believe that you could be completely unbiased as to innocence or guilt if you were on the jury?

And I said I was a fanatic on this thing in my first post. Yea, I tend to get carried away making posts in Zimmerman's threads. I'm trying very hard not to now.

I decided that question that I could not be unbiased if I were on the jury at least a thousand posts ago. I did so willingly because I just want to enjoy the debate as much as possible. I never had so much fun in the first few months after the debate got going. It was beautiful to behold, then people started to rehash everything since there is only so much to talk about and that original glory faded. I saw a glimmer of it though tonight. So I owe thanks for that.

His friend, Joe Oliver.

My friend's wife is white, so he has a son and one daughter who looks black and one daughter who looks much closer to white. They keep up on lots of current events, but we haven't felt it necessary to talk about the case in detail so I couldn't say for sure just how much. While I'm there, I thought I'd add my wife is Hispanic.

I didn't know my friend then, but yes I know he made the same mistake I did and thought OJ was innocent. I was sure until he wrote that book saying if I had done it. As soon as I heard about that book I gave in and knew OJ was guilty.

My friend's wife is white, so he has a son and one daughter who looks black and one daughter who looks much closer to white. They keep up on lots of current events, but we haven't felt it necessary to talk about the case in detail so I couldn't say for sure just how much. While I'm there, I thought I'd add my wife is Hispanic.

I didn't know my friend then, but yes I know he made the same mistake I did and thought OJ was innocent. I was sure until he wrote that book saying if I had done it. As soon as I heard about that book I gave in and knew OJ was guilty.

Well, yeah, OJ did kind of confess with that book. Guess the money offer was too good to pass up.

But the prosecution utterly failed to prove OJ did it, and too many people had their minds made up that OJ did it before the trial ever started.

What exactly was the prosecutions theory of what happened? For example, they showed a shovel and clear plastic bag (often came with those kinds of cars at the time); did they think that OJ was going to carry around a corpse in a clear bag in his vehicle and bury it on the way back to his mansion so he could pretend to be late....?????

They never presented a coherent theory of what happened and there were too many loose ends all the way to the end of the trial.

Well, yeah, OJ did kind of confess with that book. Guess the money offer was too good to pass up.

But the prosecution utterly failed to prove OJ did it, and too many people had their minds made up that OJ did it before the trial ever started.

What exactly was the prosecutions theory of what happened? For example, they showed a shovel and clear plastic bag (often came with those kinds of cars at the time); did they think that OJ was going to carry around a corpse in a clear bag in his vehicle and bury it on the way back to his mansion so he could pretend to be late....?????

They never presented a coherent theory of what happened and there were too many loose ends all the way to the end of the trial.

Those are some old memories alright. Oh yea. The prosecution sure did make a mess of it. I can see them making a mess of the Zimmerman trial too. I gotta tune in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back