The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is even worse cause then he is saying he has lack of faith in fellow Americans and believes they will willfully convict a man out of fear or hate.

In this instance, yes, there's a possibility of that happening. A lot of people are gullible, thanatos, and they will believe anything they are told. Those kinds of people are dangerous. Pred is justified in thinking the way he does. I don't blame him.
He doesn't have clairvoyance.

Yes he does actually. Our glorious justice system was used to target people in the news business, and justify actions by the NSA.

One lacks clairvoyance when they believe our justice system is perfect and without flaw.

His home computer is a Commodore VIC-20 :eusa_shhh:

Someone's dating themselves!

Ok, full disclosure...I learned BASIC on a Radio Shack TRS-80. That's right, a trash80!

I learned basic on a heath kit H8 in 1977-78. My 9th grade science teacher, Mr. Restal, let anyone that maintained a 100 grade in the class to spend all their time on the computer. He handed me a book to take home over the weekend on business basic. I was coding the next week. Never spent another hour at my regular desk. He didn't have a cooling system for it so we would spray freon on it. LOL

No matter how much emotion Tracy showed, he flatly denied his son as the one screaming. Singleton just confirmed by saying "there was no doubt in my mind that Martin denied that was his son".

Even when he's murdered, a lot of fathers would deny their son screamed "like a girl" just to avoid any possibility of embarrassment.

Does the fact he contradicted two other witnesses not mean much? He implied that those two cops lied. You don't do that when the prosecution has you on cross.

A mediocre trial, by mediocre lawyers, involving mediocre principals, with mediocre witnesses and mediocre testimony. Let it be over...........please.

They got through her entire testimony without R2D2 and his friends trying to break in.

How about that.

It's really funny to me watching Bernie attempt to work with technology. It is fairly apparent he still uses a bag phone and an Apple 2e.

I had to look up bag phone. :lol:, it's true

Hmmph, I still have one of them rotary dial cell phones.

legaleagle_45-albums-funny-pics-picture5849t-old-cell-phone.jpg

Makes it difficult to text, but otherwise works great.

guns, race, bad law, and a kid/boy/young adult was killed over stupidity.

there is nothing wrong with the law, the rest if true.

There is no need for this law at all.

Bullshit.

The law should actually have protected GZ from prosecution, but because of the threats of race riots officials decided to ignore the law and allow GZ to be PERSECUTED in court.

I hope that after GZ walks the law is given the teeth that it should have, and that no more people are victimized by "professional victims" and their threats to create chaos or over zealous prosecutors trying to make a name for themselves.

TM was a thug, and he ended up where he was likely to end up at the hands of a fellow thug, if he didn't end up in prison first.

Ok, full disclosure...I learned BASIC on a Radio Shack TRS-80. That's right, a trash80!

I learned basic on a heath kit H8 in 1977-78. My 9th grade science teacher, Mr. Restal, let anyone that maintained a 100 grade in the class to spend all their time on the computer. He handed me a book to take home over the weekend on business basic. I was coding the next week. Never spent another hour at my regular desk. He didn't have a cooling system for it so we would spray freon on it. LOL

Well, as long as we're dating ourselves, when I was in high school we were learning FORTRAN and punching Hollerith cards.

Does the law say you can harass some kid into a fight, then shoot him when you start losing?

Yes--that's exactly what is says. You can also dig their eyeballs out with rusty spoons if you wish.

Wrong. It instead is true that Florida law on its face mandates that the person who starts it is not able to claim "justification" for what ensues absent a some other factor or factors (like abandoning the fight entirely and then getting it started anew by the other guy).

776.041 Use of force by aggressor.—The justification described in the preceding sections of this chapter is not available to a person who:
(2) Initially provokes the use of force against himself or herself, unless:
(a) Such force is so great that the person reasonably believes that he or she is in imminent danger of death or great bodily harm and that he or she has exhausted every reasonable means to escape such danger other than the use of force which is likely to cause death or great bodily harm to the assailant; or
(b) In good faith, the person withdraws from physical contact with the assailant and indicates clearly to the assailant that he or she desires to withdraw and terminate the use of force, but the assailant continues or resumes the use of force.
History.—s. 13, ch. 74-383; s. 1190, ch. 97-102.
Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

No, in most state statutes self defense is a very subjective term. The Fla law defines when it is, and is not, OK to use deadly force to defend yourself.

It is a good and needed law.

no

Does the law say you can harass some kid into a fight, then shoot him when you start losing?

No it doesn't, and it's my oppinion that's not what happened here. The facts tend to support my oppinion, not yours.

Well, as long as we're dating ourselves, when I was in high school we were learning FORTRAN and punching Hollerith cards.

The height of high tech at the first law firm I worked for after law school was an IBM Mag Card III

Yes, it's true. My first computer was a VIC-20. I still have it in a box in my storage room.

One of these days, yes, one of these days, it's going to be worth something. :rofl:

My father brought home a Commodore PET from work:

pet2001-black.jpg

It was the most amazing thing we'd ever seen.

Truly science fiction come to life.

How times change...

Last edited:

Yeah my first year of col. I had to do fortran 77 on punch cards. Talk about backwards. But it admittedly helped you write code that would work the first time. Here I was with my own PCjr running turbo pascal, and having to back up to punch cards. lol Took a while for the schools to get enough computers / terminals to let everyone have at it.

Why is the Zimmerman case devided so sharply along partisan lines? With only a very few exceptions the lefties here believe GZ is guilty and the conservatives wait until the trial is over. I couldn't understand why, since GZ isn't white, the lefties were so ready to string him up.

Moments ago, it hit me.

It's only partially about race. True, if TM was white or hispanic, no one would care, but race isn't the real reason they want GZ to fry. It's guns.

GZ defended himself with a gun and a black man is dead. They cannot stand the thought that GZ might have legally used a gun to defend himself. It's about guns, and self-defense and even Stand-Your-Ground.

If GZ is convicted, they can use this case to revive their efforts to take away our rights and that is THE issue.

The left never ever cares about right and wrong, they only care about winning.

It's Zimmerman's contention that he defended himself. If events didn't unfold in exactly the way Zimmerman says, he certainly has a motivation to lie, though, doesn't he? Who doesn't understand that?

I remember when I was a kid and did something that I just KNEW would get me in trouble. As a consequence, I lied to my parents in an effort to avoid that possibility. In fact, something I read about 20 years ago stated that trying to avoid punishment is the overwhelming main reason why ALL people lie. That includes adults who screw up something and know they're going to catch hell if truth be told.

Now, conservatives like to say that they see the world how it is instead of through rose-colored glasses like they seem to believe liberals see the world. Well, are conservatives here going to tell me that they don't believe that someone who commits a crime isn't inclined to lie his ass off if he thinks it will make the difference between going to prison and going free?

This question here is why are conservatives so willing to believe Zimmerman when there is so much about his story that just doesn't ring true.

Except for the eye witness testimony, the forensics, and the lack of contrary evidence that completely backs up what Zimmerman story is.

My grandpa told me something about that.

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back