The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you trying to tell me that a guy who is fighting someone who is wearing a gun will not be able to tell there is is a gun simply because you think it is hard to see? What if it rubbed against the inside of his thigh, would he assume that the guy he was beating the crap of had a hard on that reached around to the back of his pants?
Did Zimmerman say Martin saw his gun? Or did Zimmerman say Martin felt his gun?

A comparatively small gun, holstered inside-the-pants behind the back and under a jacket, and at night, is not likely to be seen. Not totally impossible, but extremely unlikely.

Now, what about my other questions. I'm curious.

Could Zimmerman read Martin's mind? I have no idea, but the fact that Martin reached for the gun shows he knew it was there, however it was he knew.
What fact is that?

YOU ARE STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_(United_States_law)

First degree murder is any murder that is willful and premeditated. Felony murder is typically first degree.[5]

Second degree murder is a murder that is not premeditated or planned in advance.[6]

Voluntary manslaughter (often referred to as third degree murder) sometimes called a "Heat of Passion" murder, is any intentional killing that involved no prior intent to kill, and which was committed under such circumstances that would "cause a reasonable person to become emotionally or mentally disturbed." Both this and second degree murder are committed on the spot, but the two differ in the magnitude of the circumstances surrounding the crime. For example, a bar fight that results in death would ordinarily constitute second degree murder. If that same bar fight stemmed from a discovery of infidelity, however, it may be mitigated to voluntary manslaughter.[7]

Involuntary manslaughter stems from a lack of intention to cause death but involving an intentional, or negligent, act leading to death. A drunk driving-related death is typically involuntary manslaughter. Note that the "unintentional" element here refers to the lack of intent to bring about the death. All three crimes above feature an intent to kill, whereas involuntary manslaughter is "unintentional," because the killer did not intend for a death to result from their intentional actions. If there is a presence of intention it relates only to the intent to cause a violent act which brings about the death, but not an intention to bring about the death itself.[8]

So you can murder someone without even thinking about it or meaning to? You can find all the legalese you want, but that's what I was talking about.

You said by definition. What else could you possibly mean when you say by definition????????????????

Get a clue mouth breather

Did I say LEGAL definition? Ass breather

It is one thing to use power point. It is one thing to give a summation.

But to read power point BULLET POINTS as your summation is kind of Amateurish.

This shit does not flow at all.

It's like he knew that he would run out of steam sooner or later and wanted some graphics to help him keep going.

It's all about the #Stamina

Bernie doesn't know how to pace himself like someone else we know.

Im glad he's done. I was going to shoot my computer if the fucking heart.

Please video tape that when you do it. I want Zimmerman to be convicted but watching you all lose it would make it that much more sweet.

YOU ARE STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_(United_States_law)

First degree murder is any murder that is willful and premeditated. Felony murder is typically first degree.[5]

Second degree murder is a murder that is not premeditated or planned in advance.[6]

Voluntary manslaughter (often referred to as third degree murder) sometimes called a "Heat of Passion" murder, is any intentional killing that involved no prior intent to kill, and which was committed under such circumstances that would "cause a reasonable person to become emotionally or mentally disturbed." Both this and second degree murder are committed on the spot, but the two differ in the magnitude of the circumstances surrounding the crime. For example, a bar fight that results in death would ordinarily constitute second degree murder. If that same bar fight stemmed from a discovery of infidelity, however, it may be mitigated to voluntary manslaughter.[7]

Involuntary manslaughter stems from a lack of intention to cause death but involving an intentional, or negligent, act leading to death. A drunk driving-related death is typically involuntary manslaughter. Note that the "unintentional" element here refers to the lack of intent to bring about the death. All three crimes above feature an intent to kill, whereas involuntary manslaughter is "unintentional," because the killer did not intend for a death to result from their intentional actions. If there is a presence of intention it relates only to the intent to cause a violent act which brings about the death, but not an intention to bring about the death itself.[8]

Well, I warned people about this Quick guy, seems people should quit giving him the benefit of a response (including myself). He has no idea of law or court procedure. Therefore I suggest ignoring him. Ignore lists aren't bad things people.

Every sentence we write has to contain the law in it. Christ Almighty.

When you say by definition I will rebut with the goddamn definition.

I'm pointing out that not all kids are children or have a childhood that lasts into adulthood. Many have already committed serious crimes by the time most of us are still learning to drive.

Don't know if MW is profiling but I sure the hell am when it comes to punks who are racist and wear their pants down to their knees.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...it's a fuckin thug duck. Period. So sue me.

HEY---easy with the duck comments, woman ! :eusa_whistle:

She's profiling you. :lmao:

The shooter, Mr Zimmerman, should have been held in custody and certainly should not be walking free, still having a concealed weapons carry permit. From my reading, it seems this young man was pursued and there was no probable cause to engage him, certainly not pursue and shoot him….against the direction of the 911 responder. Let’s all be appalled at this instance not because of race, but because a young American man has lost his life, seemingly, for no reason.

Zimmerman is a private citizen and does not need probable cause to engage and question Martin. He is not a police man. Civil rights protections protect you from unreasonable search FROM THE GOVERNMENT. Martin has no obligation to answer his questions or be detained. But he also has no right to take a punch at Zimmerman. Which he did.

Martin was a private citizen who had the right to walk down the street without being followed by some asshole in a truck acting like he was a LEO. If he felt that he was being threatened by zimmerman, he had every right to defend himself. If some guy was following me and I tried to avoid him and then he kept on pursuing me, to the point that he got out of his truck to do so, I like any other reasonable person would feel like there's a threat and a possible attack about to happen.

TM did not have the right to throw the first punch. No one ever does have a right to throw the first punch. There is only one person alive who can say how it got physical and his version of events is supported by physical and forensic evidence. Once hit, Zimmerman has the right to defend himself. It all supports reasonable doubt and therefore acquittal.

Say you are walking home from buying a bag of Skittles and someone starts following you so you run off. Say you think you got away and suddenly, you hear "You punks always get away" so you turn around. Then they shoot you in the chest and you die. Guess you didn't get the chance to defend yourself.

Apparently the facts of the scenario you cite escaped you. But then again considering what you type it only fits.

Somehow everyone is missing the persecution and politics point.

It's freaking annoying.

If the Feds and organizations with their own agenda can come down on you for money, elections, publicity and ratings and blow fair trial from the first week and then realize they "have the wrong guy" for that. But you've already been politically and race persecuted.

Something is very very wrong and very very scary.

Not to mention the State that's left holding the bag has zero evidence, all they have is screeching and cuss words and "possible scenarios" and the state is who's left to position themselves for the mess the media, Feds, Hollyweirds, and race agenda'ers who already got out of dodge.

I cannot believe anyone except for a few get how bad that kind of witchhunt is for citizens.

Everybody is still looking at the 12 year old and the race hater.

Geez.

Grow some brains on the big picture and what it means to be persecuted in our country by the top level for their own gain.

They went after Joe the Plumber, tried to ruin his life, and they threw a guy in jail for making a bad video.

What's stopping them from doing this to any one of us.

The shooter, Mr Zimmerman, should have been held in custody and certainly should not be walking free, still having a concealed weapons carry permit. From my reading, it seems this young man was pursued and there was no probable cause to engage him, certainly not pursue and shoot him….against the direction of the 911 responder. Let’s all be appalled at this instance not because of race, but because a young American man has lost his life, seemingly, for no reason.

answer me this: Zimmerman had made multiple calls in the past regarding suspicious behavior due to the recent break ins there. Not once did he ever fire his gun before. Why, when he has already called the cops and he knows they are on their way, would he suddenly change his behavior unless he was feeling threatened?

Allen West disagrees with you:
Allen West on George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin | FrontPage Magazine

Why would he leave his truck to pursue Martin if he knew the police were on their way?

Woops! I murdered him by accident! :badgrin:

You may be the most inept, clueless, and just plain incompetent person I've ever heard.

All you and Templar do is look for the tiniest of mistakes and pounce on them like a wildcat. Go back to the jungle where you belong.

Saying that all murder is pre-meditated in not a tiny mistake. It is incompetence. Your entire point of view is incredulous because you continue to make such mistakes, while attacking other posters.

All of you pro-gunners and some of the antis need to listen to the judge's instructions to the jury, because none of you understand the law on this at all. Yurt was the only one to look it up and he misapplied it immediately.

So, shut up and listen.

It was pretty clear that the Prosecution didn't understand the law from listening to their closing arguments. Most of what he said was pure speculation not in evidence.

This was posted elsewhere--Is it true? I keep hearing because a firearm was used additional mandatory minimums attach.

'Manslaughter is exempt from 10-20-life firearm statutes.....so no minimum mandatory. Technically, he could be found guilty and sentenced to time served.'

eta: I believe this individual is misinformed.
http://blog.richardhornsby.com/2013/07/george-zimmermans-10-20-life-problem/

<Manslaughter>

Manslaughter is classified as a Second Degree Felony. Under Florida&#8217;s sentencing guidelines, and absent mitigating circumstances, a judge is required to impose a minimum sentence of 9¼ years in prison and can impose any additional combination of the following penalties:
&#8226;Up to 15 years in prison.
&#8226;Up to 15 years of probation.
&#8226;Up to $10,000 in fines

shrug--the headline on Drudge said 30 years. I suppose he/it checked.

Glad to have learned that it is unique to FL to allow the prosecution a rebuttal. In the dark recesses of my mind I thought in a criminal trial the defense had the last word.

and there is no limit to how long a rebuttal may be given.

Going on too long can diminish the impact--that was agreed.

Last edited:
9-1-1 ?
I have some shady weirdos here and they're hurting my feelings.
Can I bash their heads on concrete ?
Usually they just get away

( language edited to spare virgin ears if this goes to trial)

You may be the most inept, clueless, and just plain incompetent person I've ever heard.

All you and Templar do is look for the tiniest of mistakes and pounce on them like a wildcat. Go back to the jungle where you belong.

Saying that all murder is pre-meditated in not a tiny mistake. It is incompetence. Your entire point of view is incredulous because you continue to make such mistakes, while attacking other posters.

Pointing it out is one thing but blabbering on about it is making it into something petty. You say it's a mistake. I still say it's correct. Legal definitions aside, you can't murder someone without planning it out beforehand if only for a moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back