The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The shooter, Mr Zimmerman, should have been held in custody and certainly should not be walking free, still having a concealed weapons carry permit. From my reading, it seems this young man was pursued and there was no probable cause to engage him, certainly not pursue and shoot him….against the direction of the 911 responder. Let’s all be appalled at this instance not because of race, but because a young American man has lost his life, seemingly, for no reason.

Zimmerman is a private citizen and does not need probable cause to engage and question Martin. He is not a police man. Civil rights protections protect you from unreasonable search FROM THE GOVERNMENT. Martin has no obligation to answer his questions or be detained. But he also has no right to take a punch at Zimmerman. Which he did.

Martin was a private citizen who had the right to walk down the street without being followed by some asshole in a truck acting like he was a LEO. If he felt that he was being threatened by zimmerman, he had every right to defend himself. If some guy was following me and I tried to avoid him and then he kept on pursuing me, to the point that he got out of his truck to do so, I like any other reasonable person would feel like there's a threat and a possible attack about to happen.

No, Martin doesn't have a right not to be followed. He certainly doesn't have the right to hit another person because they were following him. He can call the police, he can keep running the additional block to his father's home, he can do a number of things. But he can't hit the guy. Which he did, apparently, as is supported by the evidence.

Mud, I agree with that. The prosecution should be fired, the same as those in the Casey Anthony and OJ cases. Well, hopefully, the jury will understand the instructions.

Zimmerman is a private citizen and does not need probable cause to engage and question Martin. He is not a police man. Civil rights protections protect you from unreasonable search FROM THE GOVERNMENT. Martin has no obligation to answer his questions or be detained. But he also has no right to take a punch at Zimmerman. Which he did.

Martin was a private citizen who had the right to walk down the street without being followed by some asshole in a truck acting like he was a LEO. If he felt that he was being threatened by zimmerman, he had every right to defend himself. If some guy was following me and I tried to avoid him and then he kept on pursuing me, to the point that he got out of his truck to do so, I like any other reasonable person would feel like there's a threat and a possible attack about to happen.

TM did not have the right to throw the first punch. No one ever does have a right to throw the first punch. There is only one person alive who can say how it got physical and his version of events is supported by physical and forensic evidence. Once hit, Zimmerman has the right to defend himself. It all supports reasonable doubt and therefore acquittal.

There is zero evidence to suggest Zimmerman was hit first. NONE.

[

They went after Joe the Plumber, tried to ruin his life, and they threw a guy in jail for making a bad video.

What's stopping them from doing this to any one of us.

They went after Joe the Plumber (who was neither named Joe nor was he a registered Plumber) because the guy misrepresented himself.

The guy who made the video was ON PROBATION for fraud and part of his probation was "NO COMPUTER USAGE".

TM did not have the right to throw the first punch. No one ever does have a right to throw the first punch. There is only one person alive who can say how it got physical and his version of events is supported by physical and forensic evidence. Once hit, Zimmerman has the right to defend himself. It all supports reasonable doubt and therefore acquittal.

Maybe not in your jurisdiction, here if someone "bows up" in front of you like they are ready to attack you, we have the right to defend ourselves. That includes throwing the first punch.
I see either a manslaughter conviction or a hung jury.

[MENTION=43884]SantaFeWay[/MENTION] !!

Stamina on the feed.

I wonder why the MSM isn't labeling the skipping as inappropriate as they did the knock knock joke that we heard about ad nauseum?

Granted, the skipping was a joke and looked ridiculous. But other than that, why would it have been inappropriate? Because it hankered back to TM being a juvenile?

Honestly the knock-knock joke was offensive. Whereas Bernie's antics just looked foolish.

Oops...Tess. :lmao:

Got in there by mistake

Last edited:
[

They can't. They have to prove he is guilty of something. Odd concept I know.

He killed Trayvon Martin. That's all the proof I need.

Everything else is irrelevent.

Yeah, forget about all of the evidence. That shit is overrated.

Now I know why you're a Democrap.

Only evidence that matter.

There's Trayvon's corpse with a bullet hole in it.

There's Zimmerman holding the gun that put it there.

I think we are kind of done here.

The prosecution knows it is losing so the prosecutor is trying to create as much confusion as possible. Even with that the prosecution never came up with the fantasies liberals do.

All you and Templar do is look for the tiniest of mistakes and pounce on them like a wildcat. Go back to the jungle where you belong.

Saying that all murder is pre-meditated in not a tiny mistake. It is incompetence. Your entire point of view is incredulous because you continue to make such mistakes, while attacking other posters.

Pointing it out is one thing but blabbering on about it is making it into something petty. You say it's a mistake. I still say it's correct. Legal definitions aside, you can't murder someone without planning it out beforehand if only for a moment.

They have a term for that. It's called heat of passion.

Voluntary manslaughter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Voluntary manslaughter is the killing of a human being in which the offender had no prior intent to kill and acted during "the heat of passion," under circumstances that would cause a reasonable person to become emotionally or mentally disturbed. In the Uniform Crime Reports prepared by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, it is referred to as non negligent manslaughter. Voluntary manslaughter is one of two main types of manslaughter, the other being involuntary manslaughter.

I say absolutely you have the right to defend yourself, just as George Zimmerman did against a feral assailant.

as·sail·ant

/əˈsālənt/

Noun
A person who physically attacks another.

Synonyms
attacker - aggressor - assaulter - raider

Feral

1. a. Existing in a wild or untamed state.

b. Having returned to an untamed state from domestication.

2. Of or suggestive of a wild animal; savage

Last edited:

There is zero evidence to suggest Zimmerman was hit first. NONE.

None to suggest that he wasn't. They call that reasonable doubt.

You are being a willful idiot. The charges are based on zimmerman not being in danger and defending himself. The defense is not trying to prove martin is still alive.

They are trying to prove that the State does not have the evidence to convict zimmerman of murder.

I think Zimmerman is contemptable that he's even trying to get away with it.

He murdered an unarmed child. He needs to be held to account.

Everything else is completely irrelevent.

Well, since you are so hung up on that CHILD...I will light some candles and chant over them that one JUST LIKE MARTIN runs into one of YOUR kids and decides the creepy ass cracker needs to be taught a lesson. Howzat? That be ok wif you?

Don't have kids, but I wouldn't let them go out at midnight and start up fights with total strangers...

Here's the thing. Zimmerman made a half dozen bad decisions that lead to him being in a fight with a Martin who probably felt justifiably threatened.

[MENTION=43884]SantaFeWay[/MENTION] !!

Stamina on the feed.

I wonder why the MSM isn't labeling the skipping as inappropriate as they did the knock knock joke that we heard about ad nauseum?

Granted, the skipping was a joke and looked ridiculous. But other than that, why would it have been inappropriate? Because it hankered back to TM being a juvenile?

Honestly the knock-knock joke was offensive. Whereas Bernie's antics just looked foolish.

Oops...Tess. :lmao:

Got in there by mistake

omg--no more about Bernie skipping and singing la la la

just fucking stop it please :eusa_pray:

You may be the most inept, clueless, and just plain incompetent person I've ever heard.

All you and Templar do is look for the tiniest of mistakes and pounce on them like a wildcat. Go back to the jungle where you belong.

Saying that all murder is pre-meditated in not a tiny mistake. It is incompetence. Your entire point of view is incredulous because you continue to make such mistakes, while attacking other posters.

Jungle? Hah!

To Quick:

Those aren't tiny mistakes. Constitutional infringements are a very big deal! You miss the forest for the trees, and curse the light despite the darkness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back