The one thought that surpirsing makes me so mad, I go red in the face

The2ndAmendment

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2013
Not the murder of my beloved dog, or the deportation of my "illegal" girlfriend. No, these things make me extremely angry, and perhaps uncontrollably angry at the time they occurred, but they do not instill such fury and ire when I think about them now, even though I dream of them often.

The single thought that makes me want to destroy everything in my path, every time I contemplate it in depth (as an analogy, saying the Lord's prayer and concentrating on the actual meaning of the words, or saying the Pledge of Allegiance and concentrating on the meaning of the words):

That I will never experience the wonders of a space-faring civilization, but trillions, upon trillions of future souls, will indeed, experience it, and even interact with some mighty and magnificent civilizations from other regions of the galaxy. They will have histories and cultures and music that I will never learn of, nor partake in, nor hear.

I would trade the remainder of my life to live one year in the distant future.

Whenever this thought crosses my mind, I could start splitting logs with a single strike. And the pain of the thought only intensifies with age, instead of subsiding.

Not the murder of my beloved dog, or the deportation of my "illegal" girlfriend. No, these things make me extremely angry, and perhaps uncontrollably angry at the time they occurred, but they do not instill such fury and ire when I think about them now, even though I dream of them often.

The single thought that makes me want to destroy everything in my path, every time I contemplate it in depth (as an analogy, saying the Lord's prayer and concentrating on the actual meaning of the words, or saying the Pledge of Allegiance and concentrating on the meaning of the words):

That I will never experience the wonders of a space-faring civilization, but trillions, upon trillions of future souls, will indeed, experience it, and even interact with some mighty and magnificent civilizations from other regions of the galaxy. They will have histories and cultures and music that I will never learn of, nor partake in, nor hear.

I would trade the remainder of my life to live one year in the distant future.

Whenever this thought crosses my mind, I could start splitting logs with a single strike. And the pain of the thought only intensifies with age, instead of subsiding.
Maybe we are a quarantined race.

Ever noodle on that one?

Forum List

Back