the only remaining argument against capatalism

Why Thomas Jefferson Favored Profit Sharing...
You and I both know that you cannot in any way show that Jefferson held the position that the state should force that "profit sharing".
So, I ask again:
-Who are you to judge what is moral; who are you to impose that judgement on others?
-Why do you choose to not understand that "equality" as the term is used in the context of the creation of this country and its government refers to equal treatment under the law, not equal wages or equal wealth?
Yet the majority of Founders expected Gov't policy to do it. Weird you don't know that??
This is a lie, and you know it.

I ask again:
-Who are you to judge what is moral; who are you to impose that judgement on others?
-Why do you choose to not understand that "equality" as the term is used in the context of the creation of this country and its government refers to equal treatment under the law, not equal wages or equal wealth?
Adam Smith, Thomas Jefferson, and other fellow travelers
1: Noting here changes the fact that your statement, that "the majority of Founders expected Gov't policy to [enforce Jefferson's "Profit sharing" idea]" is a lie.
2: Nothing here answers the questions:

My actual quote Bubba

Yet the majority of Founders expected Gov't policy to do it. Weird you don't know that??

US_Inequality_Through_the_Centuries.PNG

In 1980 the top 1% earned 8.5% of total income. In 2007 they earned 23%.

In 1980 the bottom 90% earned 68% of total income. In 2007 they earned 53%.

Summary of Latest Federal Income Tax Data Tax Foundation

GOV'T POLICY MATTERS !!!

Well looky there ... Another person pissed off and jealous they weren't born with an elevator pass.
Probably the same type person that doesn't understand how people with an elevator pass get to the top floor quicker than someone who uses the stairs.

If you didn't understand my point, you shouldn't have commented :wink_2:

Yeah, BECAUSE the US had a more equal society before trickle down, must not have had many "hard workers" 1945-1980 right?
Why do you choose to not understand that "equality" as the term is used in the context of the creation of this country and its government refers to equal treatment under the law, not equal wages or equal wealth?
Yeah, BECAUSE the left expects a doctor to make the same wages as a garbageman *shaking head*
You did not answer my question.
Why do you choose to not understand that "equality" as the term is used in the context of the creation of this country and its government refers to equal treatment under the law, not equal wages or equal wealth?
Yet the Founders worried the US would become like the rest of the world with it's monied corporations and wealth to a few.
Weird right? I guess THAT'S why they created laws to stop Corp power??

Why do you not understand democracy was invented to get rid of the aristocracy conservatives want to take US back too?

If you didn't understand my point, you shouldn't have commented :wink_2:

I understood your point perfectly ... Just don't think you understand it the same way I do.
The only difference would be that I don't need you to understand my point to get to the top floor ... And you aren't ever going to get my elevator pass no matter what government gives you.

My actual quote Bubba
Yes... with "do It" being [enforce Jefferson's "Profit sharing" idea]
Your and I both know your statement is a lie.

Still looking for your answers::

Yeah, BECAUSE the left expects a doctor to make the same wages as a garbageman *shaking head*
Yet the Founders worried the US would become like the rest of the world with it's monied corporations and wealth to a few.
Why do you not understand democracy was invented to get rid of the aristocracy conservatives want to take US back too?

Without false premises, distortions and lies, what would the right wing have Bubba?

85989_600.jpg

Without false premises, distortions and lies, what would the right wing have Bubba?

My actual quote Bubba

Founders hoped to prevent the emergence of a small group of people with perpetual wealth and thus perpetual privilege

I gave it to you Bubba, to obtuse or stupid?

"The only orthodox object of the institution of government is to secure the greatest degree of happiness possible to the general mass of those associated under it." Thomas Jefferson

Either lazy, or just too stupid to get up the ladder.

It's easy to find moronic prols to flip a burger, but hard work to find people with the ability to run a massive, multinational business.

That's why the best get paid, and the rest flip their burgers.

Yeah, BECAUSE the US had a more equal society before trickle down, must not have had many "hard workers" 1945-1980 right?

Non-Partisan Congressional Tax Report Debunks Core Conservative Economic Theory

The conclusion?

Lowering the tax rates on the wealthy and top earners in America do not appear to have any impact on the nation’s economic growth.

This paragraph from the report says it all—

“The reduction in the top tax rates appears to be uncorrelated with saving, investment and productivity growth. The top tax rates appear to have little or no relation to the size of the economic pie. However, the top tax rate reductions appear to be associated with the increasing concentration of income at the top of the income distribution.”

These three sentences do nothing less than blow apart the central tenet of modern conservative economic theory, confirming that lowering tax rates on the wealthy does nothing to grow the economy while doing a great deal to concentrate more wealth in the pockets of those at the very top of the income chain.

Non-Partisan Congressional Tax Report Debunks Core Conservative Economic Theory-GOP Suppresses Study - Forbes

slide_197717_486441_large2.jpg

Profits Just Hit Another All-Time High, Wages Just Hit Another All-Time Low

1) Corporate profit margins just hit another all-time high. Companies are making more per dollar of sales than they ever have before. (And some people are still saying that companies are suffering from "too much regulation" and "too many taxes." Maybe little companies are, but big ones certainly aren't. What they're suffering from is a myopic obsession with short-term profits at the expense of long-term value creation).

2) Wages as a percent of the economy just hit another all-time low. Why are corporate profits so high? One reason is that companies are paying employees less than they ever have as a share of GDP. And that, in turn, is one reason the economy is so weak: Those "wages" are represent spending power for consumers. And consumer spending is "revenue" for other companies. So the profit obsession is actually starving the rest of the economy of revenue growth.

In short, our current obsessed-with-profits philosophy is creating a country of a few million overlords and 300+ million serfs.
Profits At High Wages At Low - Business Insider

In short, our current obsessed-with-profits philosophy is creating a country of a few million overlords and 300+ million serfs.

Let's import millions of serfs from other countries, to compete with our own.
Easier than sealing the border.

Yeah, it's the borders that's been the problem *shaking head*

Weird how the "job creators" could stop that IF they wanted to right? Didn't the GOP own Congress most of the past 20 years Buba?

Ronald Reagan calls for an open border with Mexico, 1980

Letting in millions of low skilled illegals doesn't help low skilled Americans.
Obama wants to let in even more. Weird.

You'd think the GOP after Ronnie gave amnesty to millions, would've fixed it since they had Congress most of the past 20 years. Weird

After his amnesty, the border was supposed to be sealed. Neither party has.
Obama wants to allow even more illegals and another amnesty.
Maybe you can explain how that will benefit the bottom 50%?

My actual quote Bubba
Founders hoped to prevent the emergence of a small group of people with perpetual wealth and thus perpetual privilege
"Founders?" This means 2 or more out of hundreds. Unsurprisingly, your statement is meaningless..

85989_600.jpg

Without graphs, tag lines and cartoons probably supplied by some whacked out website, or if you were required to explain any of your bullshit ... You wouldn't have anything to post.

Non-Partisan Congressional Tax Report Debunks Core Conservative Economic Theory

The conclusion?

Lowering the tax rates on the wealthy and top earners in America do not appear to have any impact on the nation’s economic growth.

This paragraph from the report says it all—

“The reduction in the top tax rates appears to be uncorrelated with saving, investment and productivity growth. The top tax rates appear to have little or no relation to the size of the economic pie. However, the top tax rate reductions appear to be associated with the increasing concentration of income at the top of the income distribution.”

These three sentences do nothing less than blow apart the central tenet of modern conservative economic theory, confirming that lowering tax rates on the wealthy does nothing to grow the economy while doing a great deal to concentrate more wealth in the pockets of those at the very top of the income chain.

Non-Partisan Congressional Tax Report Debunks Core Conservative Economic Theory-GOP Suppresses Study - Forbes

slide_197717_486441_large2.jpg

Profits Just Hit Another All-Time High, Wages Just Hit Another All-Time Low

1) Corporate profit margins just hit another all-time high. Companies are making more per dollar of sales than they ever have before. (And some people are still saying that companies are suffering from "too much regulation" and "too many taxes." Maybe little companies are, but big ones certainly aren't. What they're suffering from is a myopic obsession with short-term profits at the expense of long-term value creation).

2) Wages as a percent of the economy just hit another all-time low. Why are corporate profits so high? One reason is that companies are paying employees less than they ever have as a share of GDP. And that, in turn, is one reason the economy is so weak: Those "wages" are represent spending power for consumers. And consumer spending is "revenue" for other companies. So the profit obsession is actually starving the rest of the economy of revenue growth.

Profits At High Wages At Low - Business Insider

Let's import millions of serfs from other countries, to compete with our own.
Easier than sealing the border.

Weird how the "job creators" could stop that IF they wanted to right? Didn't the GOP own Congress most of the past 20 years Buba?

Ronald Reagan calls for an open border with Mexico, 1980

Letting in millions of low skilled illegals doesn't help low skilled Americans.
Obama wants to let in even more. Weird.

You'd think the GOP after Ronnie gave amnesty to millions, would've fixed it since they had Congress most of the past 20 years. Weird

After his amnesty, the border was supposed to be sealed. Neither party has.
Obama wants to allow even more illegals and another amnesty.
Maybe you can explain how that will benefit the bottom 50%?

Without false premises, distortions and lies, what would YOU ever have Bubba?

I gave it to you Bubba, to obtuse or stupid?

This is a lie, as you know your statement does not in any way substantively or meaningfully address my questions.

My actual quote Bubba
"Founders?" This means 2 or more out of hundreds. Unsurprisingly, your statement is meaningless..

Yet if you read history and are honest, you'd accept the premise. Weird you don't. Don't know history or not honest Bubba?

I understood your point perfectly ... Just don't think you understand it the same way I do.
The only difference would be that I don't need you to understand my point to get to the top floor ... And you aren't ever going to get my elevator pass no matter what government gives you.

You think I want your elevator pass? :laugh:

Look, you didn't understand a post. It happens to the best of us. Cut & run, bro. Cut & run.
:beer:

[QUOTE="Toddsterpatriot, post: 11139703, member: 29707]

He believes in whining that the government needs more money from the rich.
Then he arranges things to give the government none of his money.
Typical whiny liberal hypocrit.

Yet unlike the greedy cons, he doesn't try to use loopholes AND advocates for higher taxes on the "job creators". Weird

He advocates for higher taxes, and does everything he can in order to minimize his own taxes. He wants higher estate taxes but plans to escape estate taxes.
Typical liberal hypocrite.[/QUOTE]

Nonsense, he does no such thing. He uses the straight tax form without hiring accountants to find loopholes AND he believes his estate going to charity (mostly through Gates) will effect the world. Don't try that Corp tax BS, he has a fiduciary responsibility to shareholders!

The best and greatest argument against the burgoise society otherwise known as capitalism is the moral argument. I just keep mentioning wealth gap or how it is unfair and people are so outraged that they rush to shut it down. Despite the fact that real communist societies have their own wealth gap between between favoured bureaucrats, chosen individuals and everyone else I just keep telling people how unjust the capatalism system is. I really don't care if nothing else has ever worked in the history of the world or how every other unfree economy was riddled with corruption and had appointed aristocracies to rule over the peasants. I just keep beating this drum to death just so I can shut it down.
It is, in fact, the ONLY just system. You rise or fall upon your own merits, accomplishments, and talent.

He believes in whining that the government needs more money from the rich.
Then he arranges things to give the government none of his money.
Typical whiny liberal hypocrit.

Yet unlike the greedy cons, he doesn't try to use loopholes AND advocates for higher taxes on the "job creators". Weird

He advocates for higher taxes, and does everything he can in order to minimize his own taxes. He wants higher estate taxes but plans to escape estate taxes.
Typical liberal hypocrite.

Forum List

Back