The other GOP candidates promise to support the liar, con artist for president

Last night at the GOP debate the other candidates were asked if they were going to support Trump if he gets the nomination. They all said they would. All of them have called Trump a liar, a con artist, a misogynist, a narcissist, a tax cheat, a small dick, and they are all willing to subject the American people to this yuck. This really should be the end of the GOP.
They promised to support Hillary?
and those above are trumps good qualities

It was funny listening to David Brooks wondering about the integrity of republicans who deride trump with the most dire predictions and insults. Then when asked if they will vote for him, they all said yes.

Amazing how low a republican will go. Lower than a snakes belly.

Last night at the GOP debate the other candidates were asked if they were going to support Trump if he gets the nomination. They all said they would. All of them have called Trump a liar, a con artist, a misogynist, a narcissist, a tax cheat, a small dick, and they are all willing to subject the American people to this yuck. This really should be the end of the GOP.
Only if you're a Democrat voter.
Democrats like the fact that their party is run by liars and con artists. They're content with it.
Republicans are in the process of weeding theirs out as we speak state by state.

You guys should change your name to "The Dishonest Party".

It was funny listening to David Brooks wondering about the integrity of republicans who deride trump with the most dire predictions and insults. Then when asked if they will vote for him, they all said yes.

Amazing how low a republican will go. Lower than a snakes belly.
Democrats go lower than Whale shit.

Funny. The conservatives in this thread respond with just insults . Just like their candidates do.

Only if you're a Democrat voter.
Democrats like the fact that their party is run by liars and con artists. They're content with it.
Republicans are in the process of weeding theirs out as we speak state by state.

You guys should change your name to "The Dishonest Party".
mud., I'm glad you find your Repub candidates acting so presidential instead of mad dogs .Good on you

It's sad what our campaigns have come too... candidates tear each other apart in the primaries and then are best friends during the election in hope of gaining cabinet positions. Christie is already in the brown nosing phase. The premise being on both sides... "Anybody on our side is better than Anybody on their side" Frankly, this whole circus act shows their hypocrisy and their true colors, it's embarrassing. Props to Kasich for holding his ground and rising above the dirt... Too bad the clowns are drowning him out. And perhaps the GOP should take some notes on how the Dems run things, before their party passes the point of no return.
Kasich says he stays out of the mud, but then says Trump's running mate will be Putin.

It's sad what our campaigns have come too... candidates tear each other apart in the primaries and then are best friends during the election in hope of gaining cabinet positions. Christie is already in the brown nosing phase. The premise being on both sides... "Anybody on our side is better than Anybody on their side" Frankly, this whole circus act shows their hypocrisy and their true colors, it's embarrassing. Props to Kasich for holding his ground and rising above the dirt... Too bad the clowns are drowning him out. And perhaps the GOP should take some notes on how the Dems run things, before their party passes the point of no return.
Kasich says he stays out of the mud, but then says Trump's running mate will be Putin.
That ad could have came from his PAC I don't think it is anywhere close to the mud slinging the rest of the children have stooped to

The #NeverTrump movement died the moment they made that promise.

Nope. #NeverTrump is all about individual conscience. The candidates gotta do what they gotta do, for whatever reason they think they gotta do it, and that's between them and their own consciences. Has diddly shit to do with me and my conscience.

I have never in my life cast a vote that I subsequently was ashamed of, and I'm too old to start now. Ben Shapiro had it right:

I am not going to watch the only party that has a possibility of reflecting conservatism descend into this. I’m just not going to do it. I’m not going to be complicit in the death of the conservative movement at the hands of Donald Trump.

I have voted for people in the past that I wasn't excited about, didn't really care for, thought were lukewarm, meh candidates. I could at least consider them acceptable officeholders, since there really wasn't anyone better offering himself at the moment. And the one time the "lesser of two evils" - John McCain - was simply not acceptable to my conscience, I voted for someone else. Knew he wasn't going to win, but I could be at peace with my conscience because I hadn't thrown my vote to someone I despised, simply as a coldblooded calculation to "win".

If you have to win by backing someone who, in your heart of hearts, believe is a terrible choice and will be a terrible President, have you really won anything at all?

thankfully for us, your side is committed to nominating an awful candidate. Let's face it, Hilldawg is thought of as a liar and does not excite the base & Comrade Bernie is the only alternative, sets up for a republican win

With nominating the Hildebeast , the Dems have no room to talk about that.

Republicans run on character. They place a special emphasis on their moral superiority. Republicans criticize the Left because of their moral relativism and their support of alternative lifestyles.

I remember when ya'll were criticizing Bill Clinton for his womanizing. You, in all your Biblical purity, promised to bring dignity back to the Lincoln Bedroom. Meaning: when you ram your supposed honesty and nobility down America's throat, it becomes especially ironic when you run a candidate like Trump.

[FYI: I'd much rather have Trump as president than Rubio or Cruz - but your party could score some much needed Karma points if it stopped trying to peddle honesty and character. Let's face it. Reagan sold weapons to Iran illegally. Bush wiretapped the American people illegally and started a war w/ deeply suspect intelligence. And we don't need to talk about Nixon. Point is, we laugh when you talk about Benghazi because we know that your politicians are as corrupt as they come]

I have never in my life cast a vote that I subsequently was ashamed of, and I'm too old to start now.

I'm only 28. I've voted all of four times in my life (not counting the primaries). I've already gotten to the point where I'm ashamed of whoever I vote for. People left right and sideways want to tear the party apart because of Donald Trump. I left the party because of this kind of stuff. You guys talk about coalescing the party, but this doesn't do it. You want unity, but this doesn't do it. People want what's in the best interests of this party, of our country, but this is furthest from. People demand loyalty but never give it.

Where was this vigorous fervor when taking on Obama and his cronies?

I am not going to watch the only party that has a possibility of reflecting conservatism descend into this.

Don't get me wrong, ma'am, I respect your wisdom and experience, so the remarks hitherto are not meant to be offensive, but with all due respect, if this is what conservatism is as of now, I want none of it. If you guys want to tear this party to shreds over the fear of one man, do it on your own. I will not watch as a party based on values and principles abandons those things in an attempt to rig the process. This does not represent even one modicum of conservatism. In essence, conservatism has already completed its descent into the depths of treachery and deceit. There is no need to reflect on it, because it has already happened.

I once believed the party valued "free and independent thought," but when they're uniting against one person who believes differently than they do on a few issues, to stop him instead of the one person they should be uniting to stop (aka Hillary), they don't value free and independent thought whatsoever. This rigid state of mind will kill the party on its own. You won't need Donald Trump for that.

I can see it now, members of the Republican party establishment, like the Japanese Kamikaze pilots of WWII, drinking their ceremonial last cup of sake before they are sent off to die.

If you have to win by backing someone who, in your heart of hearts, believe is a terrible choice and will be a terrible President, have you really won anything at all?

After losing every other time before, it has indeed come to that. So I'll ask you this: since when has me voting for the nice guy gotten me anywhere? Do you honestly think voting for a guy who makes the same promises as the men before him will change anything? What have we won thus far?

Last edited:

With nominating the Hildebeast , the Dems have no room to talk about that.

Republicans run on character. They place a special emphasis on their moral superiority. Republicans criticize the Left because of their moral relativism and their support of alternative lifestyles.

I remember when ya'll were criticizing Bill Clinton for his womanizing. You, in all your Biblical purity, promised to bring dignity back to the Lincoln Bedroom. Meaning: when you ram your supposed honesty and nobility down America's throat, it becomes especially ironic when you run a candidate like Trump.

[FYI: I'd much rather have Trump as president than Rubio or Cruz - but your party could score some much needed Karma points if it stopped trying to peddle honesty and character. Let's face it. Reagan sold weapons to Iran illegally. Bush wiretapped the American people illegally and started a war w/ deeply suspect intelligence. And we don't need to talk about Nixon. Point is, we laugh when you talk about Benghazi because we know that your politicians are as corrupt as they come]
The same time that the cons were trying to impeach Clinton for his BJ, Newt Gingrich was cheating on his cancer stricken wife. Cons are so morally superior. Pft!

Forum List

Back