"The Parties Switched Sides!" Thread and Poll

What year did the Parties officially "Switch Sides"?

Votes: 1 5.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Before 1964

• After 2018

• It's fucking lies and nonsense that only a moron believes

Votes: 16 84.2%

• Total voters
We hear "the parties switched sides!" refrain from the Progressives as a way to attempt to squid ink away their racist past.

When did this happen?

obviously conservatives, to hide their racist past, refuse to admit that this "switch" actually occurred....

We hear "the parties switched sides!" refrain from the Progressives as a way to attempt to squid ink away their racist past.

When did this happen?
The better question is when did one of the parties become completely overrun by communists?

It's hard to say, but pretty much all democrats are communists now.

So we're changing the subject already? Dang!

I didn't know it was official.
I do know with which party minorities are far more comfortable, and that Donald Trump doesn't know who David Duke is.
I'm sorry, what year did you say?
As I said, I didn't know it was official. What I do know is where we are now. Today.

So sometime between then and now.

Uh huh. So it could have been right after Adam & Eve

It's sounds a lot like your never produced AGW Experiment, you just have Consensus that the Parties "Switched Sides"
Okay, it's probably some time between these two dates:

NeFP0pa.gif
Literally the only Americans who still believe in slavery are Democrats.

They are called third world immigrants.

Every single time you idiots bring up slavery to compare Lincoln and today's Republicans you are giving yourself a permanent black mark.

When did this happen?
**Yawn***
The parties never 'Officially' switched sides. It was a general movement of revised ideologies--culminating in the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Some Dixiecrats left the party and became Republicans..some did not. Anyone who tries to label the Dems of today with the actions of 100 years ago..is a fool..but..well...we knew that..now didn't we?

Your poll is bullshit....

I do know with which party minorities are far more comfortable, and that Donald Trump doesn't know who David Duke is.
As I said, I didn't know it was official. What I do know is where we are now. Today.

It's sounds a lot like your never produced AGW Experiment, you just have Consensus that the Parties "Switched Sides"

NeFP0pa.gif
Literally the only Americans who still believe in slavery are Democrats.

They are called third world immigrants.

Every single time you idiots bring up slavery to compare Lincoln and today's Republicans you are giving yourself a permanent black mark.
It's not my thread, sorry.

The OP asked a question. If you don't like the answers, too bad.

**Yawn***
The parties never 'Officially' switched sides. It was a general movement of revised ideologies--culminating in the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Some Dixiecrats left the party and became Republicans..some did not. Anyone who tries to label the Dems of today with the actions of 100 years ago..is a fool..but..well...we knew that..now didn't we?

Your poll is bullshit....
They know that, but Monday is Obtuse Day.

I'll point to Barry Goldwater's nomination in 1964 as the point where the situation switched.

(Jackie) Robinson implored Nixon to counter Barry Goldwater’s white-centered politics. “We’re not going to get the Negro vote as a bloc in 1964 and 1968, so we ought to go hunting where the ducks are,” Goldwater had said. That divisive statement, Robinson wrote Nixon, “will be Republican policy until someone other than Goldwater vigorously denies that the Republican Party is not interested in the Negro vote.”

Nixon did not come through, and Robinson’s disappointment only deepened when the Republicans nominated Goldwater for president in 1964. “His candidacy reeks with prejudice and bigotry,” Robinson wrote.
Jackie Robinson fought for a racially inclusive GOP

When did this happen?

Let's see.

1956...solidly Dem in the south

View attachment 276079

Same in 1960

View attachment 276081

1964 that all changed.

View attachment 276082

1968 they went back to one who was a Dem

View attachment 276083

1972 they were Repub...but so was the whole country

View attachment 276084
I could literally do the same fucking thing and compare Virginia and Colorado and Nevada's voting records over the last 20 years and make some ridiculous assumption that the "parties switched".

Maybe the fucking north actually just went insane in 1964, did you think of that possibility?

What year did conservatives stop hating minorities, hippies, gays, and foreigners? They never did and never will.

Well, 1964 seems to be when the Republican Party began to play the "states rights" card, and otherwise appeal to reactionaries of every assortment. This seems to be largely in reaction to the Civil Rights Act.

However, it would be wrong to say that racism/ethnocentrism/xenophobia did not play a significant part in both parties, both before and after that. The parties were run by white people, and reflected to some degree or another the prejudices of the white constituencies whose votes they sought.

Not entirely sure I should have stated this in the past tense, because a lot of that is ongoing. It is just much more visible in the Republican Party today, because those who vote for that party are not sharp enough to hear dog whistles.

The Southern Democrats voted in mass against the Civil Rights act in 1964. The southern voters continued to support them by re-electing them. However over time most of the state houses have switch to republican control.

When did this happen?

Let's see.

View attachment 276079

Same in 1960

View attachment 276081

1964 that all changed.

View attachment 276082

View attachment 276083

View attachment 276084
I could literally do the same fucking thing and compare Virginia and Colorado and Nevada's voting records over the last 20 years and make some ridiculous assumption that the "parties switched".

Maybe the fucking north actually just went insane in 1964, did you think of that possibility?

Once again child, I did not make any assumptions...I merely provided the data. The rest is up to you.

The Republican party doesn't need racist minorities.

Very good point. Why would they need racist minorities when they have racist white dudes like you.
If I am a racist then minorities are almost all racists dipshit.

Almost all minorities engage in racial activism and most of it being extreme activism that harms other groups.

So, to answer the question of the thread, Democrats never stopped being the racist party, they just became even more racist. Black and brown racism consumes the Democrats today on a level that couldn't even be imagined by the KKK when they infiltrated the Democratic party.

Your Political party had not been the Overt measure of race hate for Most people, until of late when it has been used to cause major friction between the two major party's.

When did this happen?

Let's see.

View attachment 276079

Same in 1960

View attachment 276081

1964 that all changed.

View attachment 276082

View attachment 276083

View attachment 276084

So are you saying the parties "switched sides" in 1964?

NeFP0pa.gif

Why can't you answer a simple fucking question?

cuttlefish_ink.jpg

"er, sometime between 1859 and 2019...."

Forum List

Back