"The Parties Switched Sides!" Thread and Poll

What year did the Parties officially "Switch Sides"?

Votes: 1 5.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Before 1964

• After 2018

• It's fucking lies and nonsense that only a moron believes

Votes: 16 84.2%

• Total voters
The Republican party doesn't need racist minorities.

Very good point. Why would they need racist minorities when they have racist white dudes like you.
If I am a racist then minorities are almost all racists dipshit.

Almost all minorities engage in racial activism and most of it being extreme activism that harms other groups.

So, to answer the question of the thread, Democrats never stopped being the racist party, they just became even more racist. Black and brown racism consumes the Democrats today on a level that couldn't even be imagined by the KKK when they infiltrated the Democratic party.
Now that the KKK are all republicans what's that say about you?

image6625887x.jpg

"Hey, Peckerwood, do I look like a Republican?"
Let me get this straight. I'm supposed to feel bad that the KKK used to be democrats? You should feel bad that they are republicans Now. I was born in Alabama in the mid 60s. I have lived in the south all my life. I have lived though the events this thread is all about. I remember when my older relatives almost overnight became hardcore evangelical republicans. This is not an academic topic for me. Adjust your argument appropriately.
I dare you to move to a black southern town.

See why black people almost completely vote Democrat, it sure as fuck isn't because they are progressive.

I'll point to Barry Goldwater's nomination in 1964 as the point where the situation switched.

(Jackie) Robinson implored Nixon to counter Barry Goldwater’s white-centered politics. “We’re not going to get the Negro vote as a bloc in 1964 and 1968, so we ought to go hunting where the ducks are,” Goldwater had said. That divisive statement, Robinson wrote Nixon, “will be Republican policy until someone other than Goldwater vigorously denies that the Republican Party is not interested in the Negro vote.”

Nixon did not come through, and Robinson’s disappointment only deepened when the Republicans nominated Goldwater for president in 1964. “His candidacy reeks with prejudice and bigotry,” Robinson wrote.
Jackie Robinson fought for a racially inclusive GOP
It's a damn good thing that Goldwater guy lost or we coulda had us a war in Vietnam.

I'm sorry, what year did you say?
As I said, I didn't know it was official. What I do know is where we are now. Today.

So sometime between then and now.

Uh huh. So it could have been right after Adam & Eve

It's sounds a lot like your never produced AGW Experiment, you just have Consensus that the Parties "Switched Sides"
Okay, it's probably some time between these two dates:

NeFP0pa.gif

Why can't you answer a simple fucking question?

cuttlefish_ink.jpg

"er, sometime between 1859 and 2019...."
Because it's a silly, obtuse and transparent question.

I'll go with 1964.

Meanwhile, you've started the latest in a long line of Trumpster threads that tries to deny / diminish / minimize the real racism that is still coming from the Right.

The Left has its own issues on race. But these threads are silly and accomplish nothing.

That is a good a date as any other. Remember in 1968 the south went with the 3rd party candidate that ran on a platform of strict segregation.

As I said, I didn't know it was official. What I do know is where we are now. Today.

So sometime between then and now.

It's sounds a lot like your never produced AGW Experiment, you just have Consensus that the Parties "Switched Sides"

NeFP0pa.gif

cuttlefish_ink.jpg

I'll go with 1964.

Meanwhile, you've started the latest in a long line of Trumpster threads that tries to deny / diminish / minimize the real racism that is still coming from the Right.

The Left has its own issues on race. But these threads are silly and accomplish nothing.

That is a good a date as any other. Remember in 1968 the south went with the 3rd party candidate that ran on a platform of strict segregation.
And it's irrelevant. These threads just keep a-comin'.

The racism by Democrats against white people today is some of the most overt racism this country has ever experienced.

Examples?

Joe Biden on sexual assault: "White man's culture has got to change"

Examples by anyone not suffering from dementia?

Ilhan Omar
“Our country should be more fearful of white men, We should be profiling, monitoring, and creating policies to fight the radicalization of white men.”

NeFP0pa.gif

cuttlefish_ink.jpg

I'll go with 1964.

And it's irrelevant. These threads just keep a-comin'.
That's why I pointed out the shift in focus away from civil rights.

The whole "switched places" argument is way too simplistic for the factors involved.

The racism by Democrats against white people today is some of the most overt racism this country has ever experienced.

Examples?

Ilhan Omar
“Our country should be more fearful of white men, We should be profiling, monitoring, and creating policies to fight the radicalization of white men.”

That could be viewed as racist. There is also a germ of truth to it.

Examples?

Ilhan Omar

That could be viewed as racist. There is also a germ of truth to it.

Could be? I thought it was already decided that racial profiling is racist. There'd be no question about it if a politician said this about anyone else other than white men. They'd be destroyed.

Very good point. Why would they need racist minorities when they have racist white dudes like you.
If I am a racist then minorities are almost all racists dipshit.

Almost all minorities engage in racial activism and most of it being extreme activism that harms other groups.

So, to answer the question of the thread, Democrats never stopped being the racist party, they just became even more racist. Black and brown racism consumes the Democrats today on a level that couldn't even be imagined by the KKK when they infiltrated the Democratic party.
Now that the KKK are all republicans what's that say about you?

image6625887x.jpg

"Hey, Peckerwood, do I look like a Republican?"
Let me get this straight. I'm supposed to feel bad that the KKK used to be democrats? You should feel bad that they are republicans Now. I was born in Alabama in the mid 60s. I have lived in the south all my life. I have lived though the events this thread is all about. I remember when my older relatives almost overnight became hardcore evangelical republicans. This is not an academic topic for me. Adjust your argument appropriately.
I dare you to move to a black southern town.

See why black people almost completely vote Democrat, it sure as fuck isn't because they are progressive.
Nice, tell me some more about why you hate black people.

We hear "the parties switched sides!" refrain from the Progressives as a way to attempt to squid ink away their racist past.

When did this happen?
We hear "the parties switched sides!" refrain from the Progressives as a way to attempt to squid ink away their racist past.

When did this happen?
I totally get your distain for history and education.

donald_trump_confederate_flag2.jpg

Everybody knows the Republican Party has always been Confederates. Even during the Civil War.
Remember those terrible soldiers from the north coming down to the south waving those confederate flags?

TRIGGER WARNING: REALITY

The myth of Nixon’s ‘Southern Strategy’

Nixon recognized the South was changing. It was becoming more industrialized, with many northerners moving to the Sunbelt. Nixon’s focus, Phillips writes, was on the non-racist, upwardly-mobile, largely urban voters of the Outer or Peripheral South. Nixon won these voters, and he lost the Deep South, which went to Democratic segregationist George Wallace.

And how many racist Dixiecrats did Nixon win for the GOP? Turns out, virtually none. Among the racist Dixiecrats, Strom Thurmond of South Carolina was the sole senator to defect to the Republicans — and he did this long before Nixon’s time. Only one Dixiecrat congressman, Albert Watson of South Carolina, switched to the GOP. The rest, more than 200 Dixiecrat senators, congressmen, governors and high elected officials, all stayed in the Democratic Party.

The progressive notion of a Dixiecrat switch is a myth. Yet it is myth that continues to be promoted, using dubious case examples. Though the late Sens. Jesse Helms of North Carolina and John Tower of Texas and former Mississippi Sen. Trent Lott all switched from the Democratic Party to the GOP, none of these men was a Dixiecrat.

The South, as a whole, became Republican during the 1980s and 1990s. This had nothing to do with Nixon; it was because of Ronald Reagan and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich’s “Contract with America.” The conservative appeal to patriotism, anti-communism, free markets, pro-life and Christianity had far more to do with the South’s movement into the GOP camp than anything related to race.

Yet the myth of Nixon’s Southern Strategy endures — not because it’s true, but because it conveniently serves to exculpate the crimes of the Democratic Party. Somehow the party that promoted slavery, segregation, Jim Crow and racial terrorism gets to wipe its slate clean by pretending that, with Nixon’s connivance, the Republicans stole all their racists. It’s time we recognize this excuse for what it is: one more Democratic big lie.​

Examples?
They are literally limitless, stop being in denial.

There is a reason why pieces of shit like Van Jones are comfortable with using disgusting language like "whitelash" on live television in front of over a hundred million people while feeling like he is in the right for saying it, and that is because with describing white people we are far far beyond the "dog whistles" that the left always accuses the right of.

Forum List

Back