"The Parties Switched Sides!" Thread and Poll

What year did the Parties officially "Switch Sides"?

Votes: 1 5.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Before 1964

• After 2018

• It's fucking lies and nonsense that only a moron believes

Votes: 16 84.2%

• Total voters
We hear "the parties switched sides!" refrain from the Progressives as a way to attempt to squid ink away their racist past.

When did this happen?
The better question is when did one of the parties become completely overrun by communists?

It's hard to say, but pretty much all democrats are communists now.

So we're changing the subject already? Dang!
No. I just don't think they really switched sides all that much. Democrats backed down from their anti-black stance and the fight became one of capitalism v. communism.

We hear "the parties switched sides!" refrain from the Progressives as a way to attempt to squid ink away their racist past.

When did this happen?

Let's see.

1956...solidly Dem in the south

View attachment 276079

Same in 1960

View attachment 276081

1964 that all changed.

View attachment 276082

1968 they went back to one who was a Dem

View attachment 276083

1972 they were Repub...but so was the whole country

View attachment 276084

So are you saying the parties "switched sides" in 1964?

I do not think it happened in flash, but over a generation.

Carter wss the last time they were solidly Dem and that had more to do with him than the party.

Either the people in the south switched sides or they all moved out. Which seems more likely?

When did this happen?

Let's see.

View attachment 276079

Same in 1960

View attachment 276081

1964 that all changed.

View attachment 276082

View attachment 276083

View attachment 276084

Carter wss the last time they were solidly Dem and that had more to do with him than the party.

Either the people in the south switched sides or they all moved out. Which seems more likely?

Blacks never left the south

When did this happen?
The better question is when did one of the parties become completely overrun by communists?

It's hard to say, but pretty much all democrats are communists now.

So we're changing the subject already? Dang!
No. I just don't think they really switched sides all that much. Democrats backed down from their anti-black stance and the fight became one of capitalism v. communism.

Democrats care far more about hating and destroying white people than communism or capitalism.

I didn't know it was official.

I do know with which party minorities are far more comfortable, and that Donald Trump doesn't know who David Duke is.
The Republican party doesn't need racist minorities.

Very good point. Why would they need racist minorities when they have racist white dudes like you.
If I am a racist then minorities are almost all racists dipshit.

Almost all minorities engage in racial activism and most of it being extreme activism that harms other groups.

So, to answer the question of the thread, Democrats never stopped being the racist party, they just became even more racist. Black and brown racism consumes the Democrats today on a level that couldn't even be imagined by the KKK when they infiltrated the Democratic party.
Now that the KKK are all republicans what's that say about you?

Southern blacks are the most nicest people in the world..northern blacks will kill ya in a new York minute

When did this happen?

Let's see.

View attachment 276079

Same in 1960

View attachment 276081

1964 that all changed.

View attachment 276082

View attachment 276083

View attachment 276084

I have argued that after 1964, civil rights was no longer a legislative issue, which moved the focus to whether we would accept communism or fight it, and how. (See Vietnam War)

I do know with which party minorities are far more comfortable, and that Donald Trump doesn't know who David Duke is.

Very good point. Why would they need racist minorities when they have racist white dudes like you.

Almost all minorities engage in racial activism and most of it being extreme activism that harms other groups.

So, to answer the question of the thread, Democrats never stopped being the racist party, they just became even more racist. Black and brown racism consumes the Democrats today on a level that couldn't even be imagined by the KKK when they infiltrated the Democratic party.

image6625887x.jpg

"Hey, Peckerwood, do I look like a Republican?"

Well, 1964 seems to be when the Republican Party began to play the "states rights" card, and otherwise appeal to reactionaries of every assortment. This seems to be largely in reaction to the Civil Rights Act.

However, it would be wrong to say that racism/ethnocentrism/xenophobia did not play a significant part in both parties, both before and after that. The parties were run by white people, and reflected to some degree or another the prejudices of the white constituencies whose votes they sought.

Not entirely sure I should have stated this in the past tense, because a lot of that is ongoing. It is just much more visible in the Republican Party today, because those who vote for that party are not sharp enough to hear dog whistles.

Did you know that Ike proposed a Civil Right Bill in 1957 and LBJ help up the "N-word Bill" in the Senate and that Republican Ike had to send in the troop to make the democrats act like fucking civilized human beings?

I don’t think they switched sides completely. However, the majority of both parties did. The South is more conservative than the North. That’s why we have some conservative leaning democrats as well as liberal leaning republicans.

Absolutely nothing.

The Nation of Islam is several times bigger than the KKK and that isn't even the tip of the iceberg for racist Democrats.

You keep wanting to keep the debate about racism completely focused on white people, just like it has been for hundreds of years, but that is not possible anymore without completely ignoring the vast majority of the actual racism in this country thanks to the massive demographic changes and the yet upcoming even more radical demographic changes that completely flip the racism debate on its head.

Democrats attacking white people for their supposed racism as the country becomes completely dominated by non white people is no different from Democrats attacking black people when the country was almost completely white.

Well, 1964 seems to be when the Republican Party began to play the "states rights" card, and otherwise appeal to reactionaries of every assortment. This seems to be largely in reaction to the Civil Rights Act.

However, it would be wrong to say that racism/ethnocentrism/xenophobia did not play a significant part in both parties, both before and after that. The parties were run by white people, and reflected to some degree or another the prejudices of the white constituencies whose votes they sought.

Not entirely sure I should have stated this in the past tense, because a lot of that is ongoing. It is just much more visible in the Republican Party today, because those who vote for that party are not sharp enough to hear dog whistles.

Did you know that Ike proposed a Civil Right Bill in 1957 and LBJ help up the "N-word Bill" in the Senate and that Republican Ike had to send in the troop to make the democrats act like fucking civilized human beings?

Everyone knows that. I assume. That doesn't mean that the GOP wasn't racist before that. I also do not claim that the Democratic Party stopped being racist after 1964. It had to become subtler about it, because it continued to seek minority voters. And at the same time, the Republicans (especially their propagandists) became increasingly less subtle.

One also has to consider that Democrats adopted an anti Southern bigotry even before they completely switched their racial politics.

Everyone knows that. I assume. That doesn't mean that the GOP wasn't racist before that. I also do not claim that the Democratic Party stopped being racist after 1964. It had to become subtler about it, because it continued to seek minority voters. And at the same time, the Republicans (especially their propagandists) became increasingly less subtle.
Racism is not a stagnant topic, it changes with the demographics.

The racism by Democrats against white people today is some of the most overt racism this country has ever experienced.

image6625887x.jpg

"Hey, Peckerwood, do I look like a Republican?"
Let me get this straight. I'm supposed to feel bad that the KKK used to be democrats? You should feel bad that they are republicans Now. I was born in Alabama in the mid 60s. I have lived in the south all my life. I have lived though the events this thread is all about. I remember when my older relatives almost overnight became hardcore evangelical republicans. This is not an academic topic for me. Adjust your argument appropriately.

I'm sorry, what year did you say?
As I said, I didn't know it was official. What I do know is where we are now. Today.

So sometime between then and now.

Uh huh. So it could have been right after Adam & Eve

It's sounds a lot like your never produced AGW Experiment, you just have Consensus that the Parties "Switched Sides"
Okay, it's probably some time between these two dates:

NeFP0pa.gif

Why can't you answer a simple fucking question?

cuttlefish_ink.jpg

"er, sometime between 1859 and 2019...."
Because it's a silly, obtuse and transparent question. I'll go with 1964.

Meanwhile, you've started the latest in a long line of Trumpster threads that tries to deny / diminish / minimize the real racism that is still coming from the Right.

The Left has its own issues on race. But these threads are silly and accomplish nothing.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back