The Perfection of Propaganda

Do we really need a thread about the difference between the 60's and today?

Do you need to waste our time stopping by a thread you're not interested in so you can take up space with a stupid post?

A lot has changed since the 60s and not all for the better. That was a time when kids actually learned things in school or they were lectured by parents and teachers.

Of course, the hippie age and drugs turned people into mellow, anti-war, anti-establishment potheads.

Now, we have kids who are spoonfed propaganda with their free lunches. Anyone who does pay attention and protests against the government, like the tea party, gets bashed by the media and government. Only those launching protests to support the rhetoric of the administration get praise even if they don't deserve it, like the Occupoopers did.

In the 60s, no one would have gotten away with saying the majority of school children are starving and grossly overweight at the same time. Common sense was more prevalent then. No one was demanding free shit and those temporarily on welfare hoped they could keep that a secret until they were on their feet again. And they actually tried.

The left is impressed with vulgarity, like Miley's performances, and disgusted by the site of a family praying at the dinner table. Many things have changed.

I miss the 60s.

You miss the moral fabric that existed then - when construction workers would leave their jobs to beat the hell out of protesting hippies - just for the hell of it. Remember the phrase: America - Love It or Leave It.

Funny, as an old man of 69 - I STILL live by that credo…..

The moral fabric that existed then, bullies beating up protesters? What about all those grand words you quoted in a previous post: When in the Course of human events etc. Americans went through a protest phase back in the beginning of the country. I see what side you would've been on. You would've been on the side of the British and probably would have snitched on the rebel's wherabouts to the British soldiers because you don't believe in dissent or questioning authority. Many conservatives don't either, but then they fill up these forums with posts trying to separate themselves from Hitler and his nazi thugs who would have been at the forefront of beating up those protesting hippies. How sad, 69 years old and you still don't understand what America and freedom is all about.

Do you need to waste our time stopping by a thread you're not interested in so you can take up space with a stupid post?

A lot has changed since the 60s and not all for the better. That was a time when kids actually learned things in school or they were lectured by parents and teachers.

Of course, the hippie age and drugs turned people into mellow, anti-war, anti-establishment potheads.

Now, we have kids who are spoonfed propaganda with their free lunches. Anyone who does pay attention and protests against the government, like the tea party, gets bashed by the media and government. Only those launching protests to support the rhetoric of the administration get praise even if they don't deserve it, like the Occupoopers did.

In the 60s, no one would have gotten away with saying the majority of school children are starving and grossly overweight at the same time. Common sense was more prevalent then. No one was demanding free shit and those temporarily on welfare hoped they could keep that a secret until they were on their feet again. And they actually tried.

The left is impressed with vulgarity, like Miley's performances, and disgusted by the site of a family praying at the dinner table. Many things have changed.

I miss the 60s.

You miss the moral fabric that existed then - when construction workers would leave their jobs to beat the hell out of protesting hippies - just for the hell of it. Remember the phrase: America - Love It or Leave It.

Funny, as an old man of 69 - I STILL live by that credo…..

The moral fabric that existed then, bullies beating up protesters? What about all those grand words you quoted in a previous post: When in the Course of human events etc. Americans went through a protest phase back in the beginning of the country. I see what side you would've been on. You would've been on the side of the British and probably would have snitched on the rebel's wherabouts to the British soldiers because you don't believe in dissent or questioning authority. Many conservatives don't either, but then they fill up these forums with posts trying to separate themselves from Hitler and his nazi thugs who would have been at the forefront of beating up those protesting hippies. How sad, 69 years old and you still don't understand what America and freedom is all about.

"bullies" - my how "progressive" of you. No, not big 'ol mean "bullies". Nope. Americans that refused to put up with the crap that YOUR side (or your mom's and dad's again, I figure you're a teenager and have no clue) were throwing about back then. Men that had served in combat - men that had families, men that worked their butts off provide for their families and, here's the part that you will NEVER be able to comprehend - PATRIOTS.

Hell, Sonny - you want to "express yourself"? Go for it! Just don't be surprised when someone kicks the snot out of you. After all, they have a right to express themselves, now don't they? Look Boy, you limp-wristed pansies will inherit this country soon enough. May God help us all….

"Bullies" - my God….

Last edited:
Vietnam= Benghazi

Ready?
And rightwinger makes the 5529 kilometer leap around Afghanistan, the world's 41st largest country and where more US Soldiers died under Obama in his first term than under Bush in two terms. :rolleyes:

He wants you to think Benghazi is all that counts against Obama. I know better.

Media Ignores Increased Deaths, Casualties in Afghanistan Under Obama

American Press: F- for being AWOL on Obama's 1,987 war deaths vs. Bush's 575 American soldier deaths in Afghanistan, which was regurgitated and patronized several times daily. imloho.

What do you expect from a partisan shill hack?

Both the GOP and DNC are complicit in world conquest who now have troops in over 100 countries around the world. Any other view is one of pure fantasy.

Vietnam= Benghazi

Ready?
And rightwinger makes the 5529 kilometer leap around Afghanistan, the world's 41st largest country and where more US Soldiers died under Obama in his first term than under Bush in two terms. :rolleyes:

He wants you to think Benghazi is all that counts against Obama. I know better.

Media Ignores Increased Deaths, Casualties in Afghanistan Under Obama

American Press: F- for being AWOL on Obama's 1,987 war deaths vs. Bush's 575 American soldier deaths in Afghanistan, which was regurgitated and patronized several times daily. imloho.

Afghanistan?

You expect to see protests in the streets over Afghanistan? We will be out of there in 2014, what do you expect to draw? Two dozen?

You know what flagg. I grew up in the same time frame as you. I knew Vietnam combat vets who were anti war protesters. And if any of those construction workers were thinking of kicking these guys asses, they would have been severely disappointed in the outcome.

And how come those construction workers only had a mouth when there was 10 of them? Never in my life heard of a single construction worker taking on 15 anti war protesters. It was always the other way around.

Must really piss you off that those anti war protesters were correct in their knowledge that the war in Vietnam was a huge waste of American lives and monies.

Of course you seem so fucking stupid that you thought Iraq was a good war to. Right?

You know what flagg. I grew up in the same time frame as you. I knew Vietnam combat vets who were anti war protesters. And if any of those construction workers were thinking of kicking these guys asses, they would have been severely disappointed in the outcome.

And how come those construction workers only had a mouth when there was 10 of them? Never in my life heard of a single construction worker taking on 15 anti war protesters. It was always the other way around.

Must really piss you off that those anti war protesters were correct in their knowledge that the war in Vietnam was a huge waste of American lives and monies.

Of course you seem so fucking stupid that you thought Iraq was a good war to. Right?

You "knew" Vietnam combat vets. Well, big shot I am one of those vets. I would stand together with any of those guys today. Don't give me your crap. Head back under your rock like the good little marxist that you are. What did you do? run to Canada big shot?

Kiss my black ass.

Those antiwar protesters saved tens of thousands of American lives

You "knew" Vietnam combat vets. Well, big shot I am one of those vets. I would stand together with any of those guys today. Don't give me your crap. Head back under your rock like the good little marxist that you are. What did you do? run to Canada big shot?

Kiss my black ass.

Getting upset by this troll is a tragic waste of your time.

Kiss my black ass.

Getting upset by this troll is a tragic waste of your time.

Upset? Me!?! Surely you jest. Look, I hold a BA in communications with a minor in Political Science. I LOVE honest debate. Unfortunately there is no "honesty" in liberals -so I respond in a manner that they are capable of understanding. Seems as though the only thing that CAN comprehend.

Look at my posting history. It doesn't take much to see the "de-eveloution" of my civility.

Communists and Marxists tend to bring the "Patriot"" out in me…...:eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back