Zone1 The Political Correctness of the NFL Game Postponement.

$ecular#eckler

Platinum Member
Jan 13, 2020
Transient
Upon this morning's review of the Damar Hamlin situation, I noticed a report of a tweet contest of a sports reporter's inquiring about the resolve of the game, that I suspected would be racially charged, and Isaia Thomas' retweet comment struck me as immature.

Is Mr. Thomas going to be a liberal snowflake for the rest of his life believing that average people watching the game should have beheld vigilant attention to the possible recovery of the player's life?

Why was Mr. Thomas reviewing his Twitter feed, and not praying?

If Mr. Thomas believes that prayer can save a person's life, then why bother designing ambulances to perform immediate surgeries and provide intensive internal organ support machines?

Then we notice that Mr. Thomas has no record of efforts to prevent the overwhelming Black victims of homicides.

Last edited:
Upon review of my Twitter feed, I came across this, and it appears to be a formal message from someone who is claiming to be in the know, without revealing credentials.

I don't believe the "put to sleep" description is complete. I believe Hamlin never regained consciousness.

It appears that the NFL was negotiating its procedure with the PC attorneys. The seemingly first public release was "game temporarily suspended." Which was redundant and any lawyer should have recognized that error. The second release was "game postponed," which is incorrect, because the game was already started.

Are you serious???

I watched the game in a bar. After about fifteen minutes about ten of us, including two black guys and several Hispanics (I may have been the only white guy), participated in a discussion about when the game will be resumed. It is absurd to believe that the vast majority of the people watching did not think about that and kept their attention focused on waiting to hear about the player's condition and prognosis.

I don't think my lack of empathy has much to do with my inquiry of the resumption of the game. I think you are exploiting the situation without considering the consequences of your implication of possessing and recognizing perfect and just empathy.

I immediately recognized that the game should be suspended, because I thought Hamlin would be declared dead, and it would not be right. I understand that. I was not thinking that they can resume the game as soon as he was removed from the field. Not very many people were thinking anything like that.

Last edited:
Are you serious???
I watched the game in a bar. After about fifteen minutes about ten of us participated in a discussion about when the game will be resumed. It is absurd to believe that the vast majority of the people watching did not think about that and kept their attention focused on waiting to hear about the player's condition and prognosis.

The fact remains--- no insensitivity intended toward the injured player ---will we now stop games everytime someone gets hurt? Yeah, most people don't have their heart stop, but I've seen people get near paralysis and almost become paraplegics.

Thing is that the game must go on, sooner or later and the longer the wait the worse, and no matter how or when the game and season are finished now, it isn't going to affect the medical status of Hamlin.

Throughout your random psychobabble, it struck me that you have no empathy for a fellow human being. A fucking GAME can wait for a bit.
I understand it's going to be declared a "no contest" so KC can win 1st seed and a bye with a win this week, the Bengals win their division and take 3rd seed.....Second seed will depend on the KC game.....Either KC or Buffalo.

I understand it's going to be declared a "no contest" so KC can win 1st seed and a bye with a win this week, the Bengals win their division and take 3rd seed.....Second seed will depend on the KC game.....Either KC or Buffalo.
Did you figure that out by yourself?

The fact remains--- no insensitivity intended toward the injured player ---will we now stop games everytime someone gets hurt? Yeah, most people don't have their heart stop, but I've seen people get near paralysis and almost become paraplegics.

Thing is that the game must go on, sooner or later and the longer the wait the worse, and no matter how or when the game and season are finished now, it isn't going to affect the medical status of Hamlin.

This is simply a case of "entertainment/a game/pretend being interupted by REAL LIFE. Take note.......some of those on the field and news media who were supporting S.F. nut job Kaeperick's refusal to place a hand over his heart and then take a knee instead.......just a couple years ago. Thier first action? It was to take a knee in prayer, as that is the innate response of all human beings regardless of what pretense they may present in public......claiming to be an "atheist", there are no atheists in fox holes.

As I have stated many times........when one fears for a life in a real life situation, Its God that's on their mind, there are no athesists when real life hits the proverberial fan. When the show is over and the exit is approaching......we all go home to our personal comforter, the Spirit of God that is reflected in every human being ever to exist on earth. These were real tears, real prayers there was no hiding that fact........the look upon the players, it said it all, "But by the grace of God.......that could be me, in an instant........" That was REAL FEAR on display........nationwide.

Do I have empathy for the player? Of course, my prayers go out to the family members of this player......anything else I could inject would simply be a demonstration to seek accolade.

Almost evey day there are examples around the world of young men and women......in helemts placing their life's on the line, some give all they have to give. I pray each day for my borthers who make it possible for shows such as the NFL to exist. They play and PRAY for real each day.

Last edited:
This is simply a case of "entertainment/a game/pretend being interupted by REAL LIFE... ...claiming to be an "atheist", there are no atheists in fox holes.

As I have stated many times........when one fears for a life in a real life situation, Its God that's on their mind, there are no athesists when real life hits the proverberial fan. When the show is over and the exit is approaching......we all go home to our personal comforter, the Spirit of God that is reflected in every human being ever to exist on earth. These were real tears, real prayers there was no hiding that fact........the look upon the players, it said it all, "But by the grace of God.......that could be me, in an instant........"
You are a nut-job.

What does any of this have to do with race?
Agreed this is not a race issue.

In the first instance, Isaia Thomas is pretending to be a more perfect human being and implying that the sports reporter was a racist who had no empathy for a critically injured Black athlete. Thomas is not that naive to believe that people are not wondering about the resumption of the game.

In the second instance, it appears that the NFL had to adjust the wording of their obligation to inform their audience of the status of the game, which is critical to the eventual playoffs that will not be canceled, because of a player's death. It is absurd to believe that the playoffs would be canceled.

The first release was, "game temporarily suspended," which is redundant, and any normal attorney would recognize that. The second release has been, "game postponed," which can not be, because the game was already started. "Postponed" means the game has not been started yet.

Baseball will postpone a game because it is raining at the time of scheduled start. Baseball will suspend a game for resumption upon any other interruption of the game. Football does not postpone games very often, and I do not remember their ever being a suspension of a game, but it was an obvious possibility in this situation.

Last edited:
The latest theory is he suffered a condition called "commotio kardis" which is blunt force trauma to the chest at just the right time during a heart beat sequence. The bad news is the survival rate of this condition is at best 25%.

In the first instance, Isaia Thomas is pretending to be a more perfect human being, and implying that the sports reporter was a racist who had no empathy for a critically injured Black athlete.

In the second instance, it appears that the NFL had to adjust the wording of their obligation to inform their audience of the status of the game which is critical to the eventual playoffs that will not be canceled, because of a player's death. It is absurd to believe that the playoff would be canceled.

The first release was, "game temporarily suspended," which is redundant, and any normal attorney would recognize that. The second release was, "game postponed," which can not be, because the game was already started. "Postponed" means the game has not been started yet.
I don’t know that he was implying less empathy because the player was black. It seems to me to be much ado about nothing. (The criticism of the wording of suspending the game, not of course about this tragic event Itself.)

The latest theory is he suffered a condition called "commotio kardis" which is blunt force trauma to the chest at just the right time during a heart beat sequence. The bad news is the survival rate of this condition is at best 25%.
I read the same, but the article also said that a strong, healthy young man would have better odds. Still, it sounds very iffy.

This is simply a case of "entertainment/a game/pretend being interupted by REAL LIFE.
No one is "pretending" out there on the football field.

Almost evey day there are examples around the world of young men and women......in helemts placing their life's on the line, some give all they have to give.
I just made a post to that effect. And those vets face far worse danger for a TENTH the money Hamlin was making and he was a low paid player.

Forum List

Back