The Political Spectrum shifts according to Geography.

SavannahMann

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2016
Let me start with the link. Conservative family who relocated from California to Idaho REGRET move

I’ve mentioned this before. Nationally, my beliefs and principles put me as a slightly right of center Moderate. In Rural Georgia I am a slightly left of center Moderate. In say, San Francisco I am an extremist Right Wing Radical since I support the Second Amendment.

In parts of Idaho and other strongholds of the extreme Right I am an extremist too. Only by their standards I’m an extremist on the left.

Same beliefs. Same principles. Viewed on different standards by different regional norms.

A California Conservative isn’t usually what one thinks of when the national standard is used. And it certainly isn’t nearly RW enough to fit in with the “Conservatives” in Idaho.

So this should be a lesson for you all. Before you decide to go and move to live near people with similar views, take a week or so, stay in the area, spend a few hours in the local diners and listen to what is going on around you. Chances are you’ll find out a lot cheaper than jumping blindly that you really aren’t like the locals after all. They’re nuts.

Let me start with the link. Conservative family who relocated from California to Idaho REGRET move

I’ve mentioned this before. Nationally, my beliefs and principles put me as a slightly right of center Moderate. In Rural Georgia I am a slightly left of center Moderate. In say, San Francisco I am an extremist Right Wing Radical since I support the Second Amendment.

In parts of Idaho and other strongholds of the extreme Right I am an extremist too. Only by their standards I’m an extremist on the left.

Same beliefs. Same principles. Viewed on different standards by different regional norms.

A California Conservative isn’t usually what one thinks of when the national standard is used. And it certainly isn’t nearly RW enough to fit in with the “Conservatives” in Idaho.

So this should be a lesson for you all. Before you decide to go and move to live near people with similar views, take a week or so, stay in the area, spend a few hours in the local diners and listen to what is going on around you. Chances are you’ll find out a lot cheaper than jumping blindly that you really aren’t like the locals after all. They’re nuts.
Very good points. I guess everything is dependent on ones degree of conviction.

From the link,

They took their two twin daughters along for the ride - leaving behind Coree's four other kids from two other relationships.

Right there, this couple is already crazier than a shithouse rat.

From the link,

They took their two twin daughters along for the ride - leaving behind Coree's four other kids from two other relationships.

Right there, this couple is already crazier than a shithouse rat.
The "media" voices they trust have turned many of them into paranoid lunatics.

They're not going to be any less miserable in Idaho. They need to stop living in a fantasy world. For their kids' sake.

Yes, when you look at a map of the US county by county, pretty much the whole map is red.

Very good points. I guess everything is dependent on ones degree of conviction.

In that case the craziest one is the best to emulate.

When I was a boy I was impressed by Reagan. He had convictions, but they were more than that. They were core beliefs. He could discuss them off the cuff for an hour with ease. He read and learned about them. He didn’t reject the idea that there was more to know.

Yes, but much of that red is empty space with little to no population

So what’s your point?
The United States is the United States. We've got 50 of them. Are you saying that people in rural areas shouldn't have equal say? This from the DEI side who claims we should be tolerant of everyone, except those in rural areas don't matter? If you remember, DEI stands for diversity, equity, and inclusion and yet you think the lives of those in rural areas shouldn't matter.

In that case the craziest one is the best to emulate.

When I was a boy I was impressed by Reagan. He had convictions, but they were more than that. They were core beliefs. He could discuss them off the cuff for an hour with ease. He read and learned about them. He didn’t reject the idea that there was more to know.
Progs destroyed that era. The social programs and social agendas advance. The cost from the 1960's legislation alone has risen geometrically. Social Security has expanded to include many more people for different reasons and since we will never achieve 4% growth or higher permanently again, needs a raise in age and increases in the tax. The great technology increases we see mask the underlying financial and economic problems we have. We live beyond our means. And people somewhere suffer for it.

Forum List

Back