The Politicization of Everything Makes Me Sick

Example of turning something lovely into an incident of identify politics:

I recently bought a used copy of the Smithsonian boxset "The Blues". I've been a fan of all kinds of music since I was a kid - something new would catch my ear and I'd add it to my scope of music interests. I especially love the Blues.

The package arrived yesterday. I opened it only to find an "Embrace Diversity" bumpersticker stuck inside the box. It never occurred to me to experience music through an identity politics filter; great music, like great art and literature, transcends that nonsense. Instead, it speaks to the human condition, and the common human experience (good and bad) throughout history. I really resent the seller exploiting my love of music to promote a political agenda.

Can't we enjoy anything without the Political Harangue?
^ offended by "embrace diversity" :rolleyes:

You completely missed the point of the OP.
Oh no. Do you need a hug too, Canadian? :itsok:

I recently bought a used copy of the Smithsonian boxset "The Blues". I've been a fan of all kinds of music since I was a kid - something new would catch my ear and I'd add it to my scope of music interests. I especially love the Blues.

The package arrived yesterday. I opened it only to find an "Embrace Diversity" bumpersticker stuck inside the box. It never occurred to me to experience music through an identity politics filter; great music, like great art and literature, transcends that nonsense. Instead, it speaks to the human condition, and the common human experience (good and bad) throughout history. I really resent the seller exploiting my love of music to promote a political agenda.

Calling a bumper sticker added to the packaging of a blues box set a political harangue seems excessive. ;)

It's a bit silly that it was put in there, but meh, it's not as though you have to keep it. Now, if you start listening to your music, and you find political message tracks added in or something like that, political harangue would seem like an appropriate phrase. :D

Do you live in the SF-Berkeley-Oakland area? The identify politics is non-stop 24/7. Everything is used for a political agenda. The small things are indicators of the mind set. I doubt that the moonbats here would want a seller to put a MAGA bumpersticker in with their purchases.

mr. boe and I have started our planning to move out of state, likely in 2-3 years. Could do it now, but can't leave while my Dad is declining. The doctor gave him 6 months, but he's doing so well, we're hopeful he'll be around a couple more years, at least.

Calling a bumper sticker added to the packaging of a blues box set a political harangue seems excessive. ;)

It's a bit silly that it was put in there, but meh, it's not as though you have to keep it. Now, if you start listening to your music, and you find political message tracks added in or something like that, political harangue would seem like an appropriate phrase. :D

Do you live in the SF-Berkeley-Oakland area? The identify politics is non-stop 24/7. Everything is used for a political agenda. The small things are indicators of the mind set. I doubt that the moonbats here would want a seller to put a MAGA bumpersticker in with their purchases.

mr. boe and I have started our planning to move out of state, likely in 2-3 years. Could do it now, but can't leave while my Dad is declining. The doctor gave him 6 months, but he's doing so well, we're hopeful he'll be around a couple more years, at least.

I'm an East Coast guy. New York, Florida, now Georgia. I've never been on the other side of the country. :)

I have a great idea. Keep that bumper sticker and send back to the people who sent you the blues collection a real diversity package!!!!!!! .....

pfaith.jpg

Talk about embracing diversity for snowflakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lmao:

61pm30ljVsL.jpg

And to complete the diversity package....

Button%20box%20classics.jpg

:lol:

Why do left and right wingers see everything from the vantage point of politics? I can embrace diversity and do my part to make America great again with total disregard to any political association. Thus personally I don't see those two messages as being mutually exclusive and would take them as I see fit without regard of what others thought.

I'm an East Coast guy. New York, Florida, now Georgia. I've never been on the other side of the country. :)

I lived in Virginia for about two minutes after I was born (or it seemed like a few minutes - I barely remember it). Have been in the Bay Area ever since, mostly in the Prog Bermuda Triangle (SF-Berk-Oak). In 2000, mr. boe and I felt comfortable enough being independents (generally support either GOP or Libertarian candidates), that we put a Bush 2000 sign in our yard. Nobody bothered us. These days, I'm afraid our house would be torched, so like other non-moonbats, we do not engage in public displays of political views. It's not worth enduring the hate. We're just biding our time until we can get the frell out of CA. Hope we're gone before the pension time bomb totally implodes the state economy.

Why do left and right wingers see everything from the vantage point of politics? I can embrace diversity and do my part to make America great again with total disregard to any political association. Thus personally I don't see those two messages as being mutually exclusive and would take them as I see fit without regard of what others thought.

And we all think black lives matter in addition to other lives. But BLM is a political faction...just like the Diversity people. Diversity is a smokescreen for "agree with us or we will ruin your life". No thank you.

And we all think black lives matter in addition to other lives. But BLM is a political faction...just like the Diversity people. Diversity is a smokescreen for "agree with us or we will ruin your life". No thank you.

How we perceive things is completely up to us. A bumper sticker enclosed in a package causing sickness is irrational and leads me to believe that such a person is far too subject to outside influences. I can't speak from experience but perhaps somebody experiencing such symptoms may want to take up yoga or something.

Lets have a referenduMb.

How we perceive things is completely up to us. A bumper sticker enclosed in a package causing sickness is irrational and leads me to believe that such a person is far too subject to outside influences. I can't speak from experience but perhaps somebody experiencing such symptoms may want to take up yoga or something.

Your two cents isn't worth the metal its made with, bub.

Lets have a referenduMb.

How about we leave people alone regarding their political views in real life instead...

Forum List

Back