The politics of division can't last

I'm all for talking with one another but I disagree that we shouldn't blame the politicians.

Our representatives took an oath to defend and protect the constitution of the united states. Despite that representatives of both parties are trying to interfere with our health care despite the constitution giving them no authority to do so.

They have a responsibility to keep their oaths. They assume the responsibility to remind the people of their rights and the limits the constitution places on our government. They have neglected both of these responsibilities.

Let us return to the constitutional standard and raise it so that the honest and wise will gather to it

The only real answer is a return to federalism. Most people on the right are OK with that to a degree, but the left is currently founded on the idea of as much power as possible as far removed from the people as possible. They need federal control of as many things as possible to get their agenda implemented.
The Agenda of the US is Liberalism. That's what is was founded on, you just don't like it.
Sure, the founders wanted central control over everything, taxing and spending, men to marry men, no guns, etc. That may be your agenda but it's anti-American.

As we can see here, it's gonna be a while.

How do you get a culture off of bumper sticker sloganeering? How do you get a culture to stop attacking, get over themselves, and open their minds?

I have no idea.

I'm all for talking with one another but I disagree that we shouldn't blame the politicians.

Our representatives took an oath to defend and protect the constitution of the united states. Despite that representatives of both parties are trying to interfere with our health care despite the constitution giving them no authority to do so.

They have a responsibility to keep their oaths. They assume the responsibility to remind the people of their rights and the limits the constitution places on our government. They have neglected both of these responsibilities.

Let us return to the constitutional standard and raise it so that the honest and wise will gather to it

The only real answer is a return to federalism. Most people on the right are OK with that to a degree, but the left is currently founded on the idea of as much power as possible as far removed from the people as possible. They need federal control of as many things as possible to get their agenda implemented.
The Agenda of the US is Liberalism. That's what is was founded on, you just don't like it.

Classical Liberalism, not the current Progressive Statism that masquerades under the title of "Liberal"
Liberalism is liberalism. Who you people call liberals - aren't.

Sure, the founders wanted central control over everything, taxing and spending, men to marry men, no guns, etc. That may be your agenda but it's anti-American.
That's not, mostly, liberalism. Who you marry? Really none of the state's damn business. And guns are allowed here, within reason. As for taxes and spending, that's life. Grow up, Princess.

How do you get a culture off of bumper sticker sloganeering? How do you get a culture to stop attacking, get over themselves, and open their minds?

I have no idea.

You have to get people to realize that there are people out there that don't want to live their lives you live your lives.

The Right was the biggest sinner in that case up till a few decades ago, now the left has taken it over.

I have no idea.
Not much you can do to open a mind who thinks Jesus is coming to save the place and the earth is 6,000 years old and was created by God in six days.

Classical Liberalism, not the current Progressive Statism that masquerades under the title of "Liberal"

Wrong. Liberalism has always been classically about the individual, progressive Statism most certainly isn't.

I have no idea.

You have to get people to realize that there are people out there that don't want to live their lives you live your lives.

The Right was the biggest sinner in that case up till a few decades ago, now the left has taken it over.
Society is not a free-for-all. We have rules and every right to set them.

I have no idea.
Not much you can do to open a mind who thinks Jesus is coming to save the place and the earth is 6,000 years old and was created by God in six days.

See, there's that smugness that got you Trump.

Unless they are forcing you to believe the same thing, how is their belief impacting you in any way?

As we can see here, it's gonna be a while. How do you get a culture off of bumper sticker sloganeering? How do you get a culture to stop attacking, get over themselves, and open their minds? I have no idea.
And you have an open mind, do you?

I have no idea.

Who is arguing for a free-for all? Argumentum ad abusrdum on your part.

I have no idea.

Of course, YOU are "right" about everything. Just ask you.

That's not, mostly, liberalism. Who you marry? Really none of the state's damn business. And guns are allowed here, within reason. As for taxes and spending, that's life. Grow up, Princess.
Change your diaper, Sheila. You can't begin to back up your claims. Libs aren't gun grabbers? If marriage isn't the state's business then why do they issue a license? Tax and spend is life? That's an evasion.

You don't know what you're talking about.

Wrong. Liberalism has always been classically about the individual, progressive Statism most certainly isn't.
Liberalism is about trying to find a balance between the needs of the individual and those of the state required to protect them. They both pose a threat to each other. The game is - balance, and you people suck at that.

In 2009 - 2010 Democrats arrogantly cut GOP lawmakers out of the decision making process when crafting the Affordable Care Act, fast forward to 2017 and the GOP has done the same thing to the Democrats when crafting their healthcare bill. The politics of division and exclusion is not sustainable, it has led to the downfall of many world powers through the centuries, and America will not be immune. Conservatives and Liberals....don't blame your lawmakers for this. It's your fault and no one else's! Both Conservatives and Liberals have adopted a bunker mentality when it comes to politics, "my way or the highway" is the prevailing attitude today. I would highly suggest both Conservatives and Liberals stop letting their respective media outlets do their thinking for them. Turn off the TV, and talk to each other, try to understand the other person's point of view, without all the sound bites, and bullet points that both Liberal and Conservative media outlets feed us everyday. Your communities and country will be better off for it.... and it might just make you a better person. :bye1:
Single term limits would be a good start... The extinction of the career politician would be a great thing.

As we can see here, it's gonna be a while. How do you get a culture off of bumper sticker sloganeering? How do you get a culture to stop attacking, get over themselves, and open their minds? I have no idea.
And you have an open mind, do you?

About as open as Jewish Deli on Saturday.

I have no idea.

Fine, then don't cry when we make people with penises pee in the Men's room.

Liberalism is about trying to find a balance between the needs of the individual and those of the state required to protect them. They both pose a threat to each other. The game is - balance, and you people suck at that.

Then your side definitely is not liberal anymore, all you propose is more power at higher and higher levels of government, further and further away from the people affected.

Change your diaper, Sheila. You can't begin to back up your claims. Libs aren't gun grabbers? If marriage isn't the state's business then why do they issue a license? You don't know what you're talking about.
I don't grab guns, yet, and the state doesn't have to issue a marriage license but if it does then all citizens regardless of their sex must be equal.

There is no such thing as individuality and any sort of freedom in a progressive society… Fact

Forum List

Back